• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Zodiac Braves a NJ/NY Crew *OMG what is that? it's a tree*

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Bleachigo: Come to my house today. I'm in Rochelle Park, NJ (5 miles from you). Get on AIM if you see this. This applies to Pierce as well.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Fuuuuuuckckckck I didn't have access to my computer today, until now, I'm sorry Doom.

Every time I have the time to meet up with you something dumb gets in the way....

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Pierce relies on his phone for communication.

lrn2callplz. uned2stayntuch.

Also, you're slacking. That Falco better still be sharp.

Munk, you're falling EONS behind the rest of the smash community. Like, really stupidly far behind. Schedule a day for a major training session.

Brian, where have you been? Are you even here? No van != no contact.

Ryko, Umbra, R00kie, RJ, good work.

On the agenda:
Road To Viridian City - Jersey City Monthlies: APRIL 18TH! Ohhhh YEAH!
The Knights of Shellder Present: Doom's Super Sexy Birthday Tournament! 04/25/09
ECRC # 3: APEX! - May 9th & 10th: Princeton, NJ - PRE-REG IS UP - POST 4 SETUPS/ROOMS
SSBB North Jersey Terrabite Tournament - Pompton Lakes, NJ - May 16th
ToS Presents: U.N Owen Was Jigglypuff REGIONAL TOURNEY - June 27th at Succasunna, NJ
The Final Only In Niagara - 3 DAY EVENT - MELEE AND BRAWL July 3rd-5th
D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS - July 10-12th. Pre-registration BACK UP! (link on 1st page)

Ryko! There aren't any new matches online . . . :(

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Pierce relies on his phone for communication.

lrn2callplz. uned2stayntuch.

Also, you're slacking. That Falco better still be sharp.

.....Eh...my Wii broke and I haven't played brawl in ages. I think we need to practice sometime.
And I'm not going to lie to you Dan, but I feel like I'm not needed in the crew simply because of my lack of skill. You guys have always been amazing and I don't feel like I am adding because I haven't gone to a tournament in like 2-3 months.

I also lost access to my computer.
You can also put my phone number in the OP.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
You broke your wii...jeez...wish i had a wii (without having to pay for it)

Also, Umbra, my zangief is sexy. Haven't lost all day with him 8D you're fat.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Mm. Its been a while since I posted on here, alone on the boards itself. Normally i would avoid posting regardless due to the fact that I'm always doing something school related, but when I do post something everyone knows that its for a good reason. I come on the boards today to post about the inactivity of the crew overall.

Let me get straight to the point. Its nice and everything to post about what events that we might all be attending and all, but without practice we can go to all the events we want and just waste money. Overall as a crew we are seriously unorganized and it needs to be fixed. No crew meets, no transportation plans, not even little practices here and there. Rookie I don't know why you left, but I'm not blaming you for it. We haven't done much since CoT and it would be better to go where the practice is, but this is besides the fact that we lost rookie as one of our members recently. Our crew in general is all over the place. People don't get memo's, some people can't come on the boards to check *cough* me *cough*, we have not been to a tournament as a whole in over 2 months and everyone is lacking in skill now because we haven't got any decent practice in. I know it sounds like I'm repeating myself over and over but obviously I'm trying to put out the point of what the hell everyone is doing.

Suggestions:

1)Arranged crew meet dates? Maybe every Friday or something? Sunday if everyone is available and its not conflicting with anyone's "peace" on the day of rest.

2) Car issue solution: I have already talked to Bryan about this and its perfectly logical, we just have a known issue that needs to be solved before we can do this Idea. Before we had an idea about renting a Van for tournaments transportation, but came to an issue of we needed a down payment on the car before we can even attempt to rent it. The simple solution is that we split up the money for the down payment into how many crew members we have and each of us pays that amount to Bryan. From there we have him put the money on his card, that way the down payment issue is easily solved. from what I remember the payment was about $200 or a bit more then that. Lets just use 200 because its easy to divide. if we have 8 people paying that amount, its 25$ per person. All you really have to do is just skip a tournament day and boom, there's your money for that issue. From there we just pay the little amount to rent out the car and we should be good to go. its still in process though because Bryan has to settle an issue first before that idea can even become usable.

3)Organization: I know its a great idea to come on the boards to post about whats going on, when we are meeting, etc. But its also a good idea to send a text about it before hand. While computers are very reliable for giving out information, Its also reliable to contact by phone about whats going on. You said it yourself Dan:
Pierce relies on his phone for communication.(
I think its perfectly safe to say a lot of other people use their phone as the first resource for information and communication, therefor it is a more viable way to get out information and have it remembered.

4) This one is something I wanted to say for a while. For the exception of Doom because hes lovable and I completely agree to have him on board with us, We need to stop adding members to the crew, no matter how close of a friend we are to them.[b/] Also allowing people that are out of the crew to attend crew meets unless theirs someone missing from the crew first. EX: Shippo, Wind, Forfeit.

While they are friends to me and to everyone else, taking up space for people who don't take the game as serious is not a good idea. I guess its from a halo competitive retrospect from me. Since I been doing Halo for about 5 years and been attending MLG tournaments, playing with the best, and also been one of the top competitors for Halo 2, I am not the one to waste time with. I am a competitive person, really competitive, and I wouldn't want my team members being slowed down by people who can interfere with the practice that we must do.

That pretty much explains my side of it. Sorry for the long post, but some things needed to be said. If we all want to get better, you have to aim for it completely. It's the only way to assure victory.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Since I rarely post seriously, I'm just letting people know. The following is me being serious.

You guys lost rookie. That's a big hit. Dan and Don can't be the only people who are repping ZB. Everyone has to step it up. I'll be at Dan's in the summer; all I can do is just give you guys practice lol. Step it up ZB!

The following is non-serious...or is it?

Umbra you're fat.

iRJi

Smash Champion
The thing is there not the only ones trying to rep it. Its just that we have a major issue with money and transportation. Nothing is getting done.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Wait since when did Rookie leave? (<3'd Rookie I will miss youuuuu)

Also I need practice quick, I think I'm giving up Brawl since I truly (for the moment) can't play it. I'm trying to save up to see if I can send it to the Big "N", so I can have it fixed, but I actually don't know how much that would cost.

I vote Thursdays should be crew "meets", if this means anything. Also I say we change the location at every meet to get more familiar with each members house, just so we don't stay in the same house all the time. And for the car, personally I prefer the Air

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Since I rarely post seriously, I'm just letting people know. The following is me being serious.

You guys lost rookie. That's a big hit. Dan and Don can't be the only people who are repping ZB. Everyone has to step it up. I'll be at Dan's in the summer; all I can do is just give you guys practice lol. Step it up ZB!

The following is non-serious...or is it?

Umbra you're fat.
Lol don't put one person's lack of common sense and desire to be 9th string in another group on the rest of us. What kind of ******** backwater bull**** new jersey logic is that. In functionality there's absolutely zilch diff between being in one crew and another unless you plan on doing an actual crew battle, which I've personally not seen in aaaaaaaaaaages. When crew battles come around EC will take whoever's the best regardless of crew affiliation anyway so, what hit exactly? All being a member gives is lucas a right to throw a member in the faces of people in an attempt to boast like a ****** as if he had any hand in their development as a player, which everyone ignores anyway.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
Lol don't put one person's lack of common sense and desire to be 9th string in another group on the rest of us. What kind of ******** backwater bull**** new jersey logic is that. In functionality there's absolutely zilch diff between being in one crew and another unless you plan on doing an actual crew battle, which I've personally not seen in aaaaaaaaaaages. When crew battles come around EC will take whoever's the best regardless of crew affiliation anyway so, what hit exactly?
Yea I saw this coming, and your completely wrong but im not about to argue with any of you... leaving a crew is not leaving a friendship... so either grow up or just forget about me...

iRJi

Smash Champion
Seriously Arguing about who is leaving who isn't the issue at the moment so everyone just save it. Work on the fact we don't get enough practice as a whole since its a bigger issue. Hes still there despite the fact hes not in the crew so it doesn't change much. Suggestions are needed and thanks for the input bleachigo.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
So I'm completely wrong in that it doesn't mean anything? Or am I wrong in that EC would readily and without hesitation take M2k, kashif (honorary but would be there in a split second), Atomsk, Inui, DM, Waltz, Shadow, and ADHD to any crew battle before your fox saw action on anything actually crew related? That isn't even counting any extra ringers they see fit to include at the moment and that there havent been any crew battles in months and the ones that do end up happening are region related, making what crew you're in moot. All in all you took it for the name, that isn't necessarily the intent but that's all the function you get out of it that you didn't already have offered to you otherwise as the offers to practice were obviously open to you before joining. Read what you're responding to before you bother saying things like "grow up" because while my answer may come off as cynical it sure as hell was based on straight logic.

You're not dumb but christ the game clouds your common sense.

iRJi

Smash Champion
-_-/ Nvm, ill just leave myself out of this one. I'll keep my topic about. Anyway, Brian if you see this let me know about the situation with the issue lol. The sooner the better.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Seriously Arguing about who is leaving who isn't the issue at the moment so everyone just save it. Work on the fact we don't get enough practice as a whole since its a bigger issue. Hes still there despite the fact hes not in the crew so it doesn't change much. Suggestions are needed and thanks for the input bleachigo.
Thank you... I want you guys to understand that I was friends with ya'll first then a crew member... the crew doesn't hold the weight of the friendship, its only a name to show unity in our friendship with each other... understand I know what its like... I WAS IN A STREET GANG... I will be there to practice with you guys and keep improving if im invited and keep supporting you guys in smash... I mean damm, I still want umbra as my teams partner, so yea...

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
So I'm completely wrong in that it doesn't mean anything? Or am I wrong in that EC would readily and without hesitation take M2k, kashif (honorary but would be there in a split second), Atomsk, Inui, DM, Waltz, Shadow, and ADHD to any crew battle before your fox saw action on anything actually crew related? That isn't even counting any extra ringers they see fit to include at the moment and that there havent been any crew battles in months and the ones that do end up happening are region related, making what crew you're in moot. All in all you took it for the name, that isn't necessarily the intent but that's all the function you get out of it that you didn't already have offered to you otherwise as the offers to practice were obviously open to you before joining. Read what you're responding to before you bother saying things like "grow up" because while my answer may come off as cynical it sure as hell was based on straight logic.

You're not dumb but christ the game clouds your common sense.
Like I said im not about to go back and forth with anyone about this, RJ obviously see's where this is going and im pretty sure he see's where im coming from... and if I remember right you texted me on the phone personally and said you have nothing to say to me and or about my decision, but I love o' do I love how now you got a whole damm lot to say to me in on the boards...

And when I said you was wrong I said you was wrong saying that I lack common sense and have this desire...

You have no right to even say that dude...

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
Ryko, you're looking at the glass being half empty, not half full.

I'm not mad at R00kie because it's his choice, he's a grown *** man who can make his own decisions, and it's not my call.

I'm also not mad at R00kie because two letters don't really make a difference anymore. What really matters is if it effects your singles and doubles gameplay. Crews really aren't repped anymore as a whole. Crew battles don't happen in brawl in this region, so his decision doesn't really change anything. This is why I don't see why you're so mad Ryko, and why it's not a big deal to me. I don't look to Lucas for judgment when who's better than who or anything that consists of Inui logic(the nonsensical type).

I'm on the phone with R00kie now, he hasn't turned into an alien, he's still my teammate, he's still one of my best friends, we're still teaming at APEX, things are fine. Just because he'll have EC on his shirt doesn't really change anything. I'll have ZB on mine, My shirt will have purple his will have green, nothing really changed except for the activity of the crew. For those who are active, good job, to those who aren't, step it up and figure something out.(:ohwell: sorry for not suggesting things in particular)

PS: YES! YOU SIR, ARE FAT! :laugh:

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Ryko, you're looking at the glass being half empty, not half full.

I'm not mad at R00kie because it's his choice, he's a grown *** man who can make his own decisions, and it's not my call.

I'm also not mad at R00kie because two letters don't really make a difference anymore. What really matters is if it effects your singles and doubles gameplay. Crews really aren't repped anymore as a whole. Crew battles don't happen in brawl in this region, so his decision doesn't really change anything. This is why I don't see why you're so mad Ryko, and why it's not a big deal to me. I don't look to Lucas for judgment when who's better than who or anything that consists of Inui logic(the nonsensical type).

I'm on the phone with R00kie now, he hasn't turned into an alien, he's still my teammate, he's still one of my best friends, we're still teaming at APEX, things are fine. Just because he'll have EC on his shirt doesn't really change anything. I'll have ZB on mine, My shirt will have purple his will have green, nothing really changed except for the activity of the crew. For those who are active, good job, to those who aren't, step it up and figure something out.(:ohwell: sorry for not suggesting things in particular)

PS: YES! YOU SIR, ARE oh so sexy! :laugh:
seriously guys...friendship > crews > $hitty game.

a while back eazy and I got in an argument about brawl, and i was like...wow...i'll quit this game and never touch it again before i get upset with any friends again.

surriously...not worth it. everyone gather round me for zangief hugs.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Talk about practice, I want to play. Do something about that >_>

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Like I said im not about to go back and forth with anyone about this, RJ obviously see's where this is going and im pretty sure he see's where im coming from... and if I remember right you texted me on the phone personally and said you have nothing to say to me and or about my decision, but I love o' do I love how now you got a whole damm lot to say to me in on the boards...

And when I said you was wrong I said you was wrong saying that I lack common sense and have this desire...

You have no right to even say that dude...
I have absolutely every right to say that, as you've obviously gotten so stuck in your own head over this that you ignored every obviously true point to go "but I wanna do it anyway" as if it has any remotely discernable benefit over what you were previously. It doesn't, you essentially found it more worthwhile to associate with one set of people than another for no other reason other than "for ****s and giggles". So yeah, unless you're going to actually bring up some reason you dropped a ****ing essay and a half on my phone at whenever in the morning then duh, common sense is lacking. You WANT me to be mad so you can be like "he's saying **** out of anger" as opposed to the fact that I'm saying the straight plain obvious. If any reasoning comes from it, maybe you think being associated with EC will eventually land you a sponsorship, you think that you can overtake the other 7-8 people in your way not counting the various other NJ people able to take you, blah blah blah blah blah then fine, but otherwise yeah no reasoning is validly brought up other than an arbitrary desire overtaking sensible thinking.

Mad? Only at how ridiculous people can be. The fact of the matter is that I had nothing to say until someone who hates the game started talking about how people need to step it up, are you ****ing kidding me?

Grats on being left grip on your own one man show.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Ya obviously, I'm completely aware of that Yes. lol. I take things as I go. Everyone knows that I can't host anything so my only source of playing is from someone else, and also I dont live on a campus where everyone who plays smash is in a walking distance. Other then Dan's house I can't go far. I incredibly short on money since I spend 80- bucks alone just to get to school >_>. lol.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Ya obviously, I'm completely aware of that Yes. lol. I take things as I go. Everyone knows that I can't host anything so my only source of playing is from someone else, and also I dont live on a campus where everyone who plays smash is in a walking distance. Other then Dan's house I can't go far. I incredibly short on money since I spend 80- bucks alone just to get to school >_>. lol. (thats not comming back btw.
No assumptions please. None of us are in walking distance of each other, and no one even plays brawl anymore around us cuz we all hate the game (minus keitaro). Shi+ i don't even own the game lmao (thank god). I'm not exactly overflowing with money either man. Life would be alot easier if I was. I take a bus to play brawl+ with Kashif now because that game is much more fun to me than bawrl...S'ok tho you still can have a zangief hug.

don you're fa-....

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Stop only seeing half of the picture ryko

*Waits for his wall of text so i can respond with my own*

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Lol don't put one person's lack of common sense and desire to be 9th string in another group on the rest of us. What kind of ******** backwater bull**** new jersey logic is that. In functionality there's absolutely zilch diff between being in one crew and another unless you plan on doing an actual crew battle, which I've personally not seen in aaaaaaaaaaages. When crew battles come around EC will take whoever's the best regardless of crew affiliation anyway so, what hit exactly? All being a member gives is lucas a right to throw a member in the faces of people in an attempt to boast like a ****** as if he had any hand in their development as a player, which everyone ignores anyway.
Almost every member that has joined Enemy Controller improved drastically shortly after joining. I don't know exactly why, but it's the truth. We are very strong and improve each other a lot. It's also a confidence thing. Mew2King, Atomsk, and I actually train and help a lot of the members of the crew. Stop spewing bullcrap.

Btw, we always use actual members in crew battles. We don't need non-members. What are you smoking?

Mew2King
Atomsk
ADHD
Shadow
Inui

Stupidly powerful line-up already, without even including teh_spamerer, who's in but won't admit it!

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Hey every friday SWR smashfests are at JGs house when he doesnt have plans and saturdays when there are no tourneys....GO TO THEM! WTF! XD ZB is gladly invited since we love you guys. and you dont live so far either.

Top Bottom