• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Worst Song Ever Written - Gym Class Heroes v Black Eyed Peas

Nicole

Smash Champion
Today, tomorrow, and perhaps the day after that, we will judge...

Songs that ruined other songs!

Gym Class Heroes: Cupid's Chokehold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiiU-Fky18s

VS

Black Eyed Peas: The Time (Dirty Bit)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwQZQygg3Lk

These songs are not only bad, but have tainted something that was previously good. I know it's hard to compete with the Black Eyed Peas for ****ty-ness, but Gym Class Heroes performs admirably and I think is a worthy opponent. Which is worse?

Nicole

Smash Champion
An Explanation of the Point of This Thread

Hello friends:

Pop music has been getting worse and worse. Now we have "artists" like Ke$ha, Bruno Mars, and Justin Bieber joining old favorites such as P!nk, Soulja Boy, and Lil Jon on the radio, and we have hardly anything worth listening to.

Pop music is one of my guilty pleasures (and I know it is a guilty pleasure of most of you whether you want to admit it or not) and it saddens and intrigues me just how low music has sunk these days.

So today we embark on a quest:
TO FIND THE WORST POP SONG WRITTEN WITHIN THE LAST FIVE YEARS OR SO

...objectively.

Every couple days I will post two songs which will face each other head to head. We will decide collectively which song is the worst of the two.

Judging should be based on:
Lyrical content
How bad are the lyrics? Are they just bad or godawful terrible how could anyone write this and make money off of it? Lyrics are one of the most important things to judge these songs off of, as their beats are relatively similar and the artists are of course almost all talentless wastes.

Artist's talent
Many pop artists today have little to no talent. It is your task to judge who has the least! Past songs that they have made may help indicate this. Also take into account whether the singer has some sort of connections into the business - Willow Smith, for instance, is able to do practically anything because of her father's status, whether she should be allowed to or not. A priveleged talentless artist should probably be deemed worse than a talentless artist who at least somehow made their way into the business themselves, or at least with fewer connections.

Mad beats

The music behind the lyrics -is it bearable, terrible, or kind of good? Is the beat fresh or is it old and unoriginal? Is the only good part of the song the sample from another song? Even the worst of lyrics can be covered up by pretty good music, which can rescue a godawful song and turn it into a sort of decent song that you might not switch stations for.

And judging should not include personal bias if possible!

Your personal hatred of a song may be (and almost certainly is) justified, however, you must choose as objectively as possible. Alternately, just because you find a song amusing or lyrically humorous should not instantly condemn the other song to "worse" status.

THE MUSIC VIDEO HAS NO EFFECT ON THE SONG!
Do not judge based on the music video.

Past Winners
1. Imma Be vs. Like a G6
Winner: Imma Be

2. I Whip My Hair Back & Forth vs. We R Who We R
Winner: I Whip My Hair Back & Forth

3. Crank Dat vs. Ay Bay Bay
Winner: Ay Bay Bay

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
lol...this thread will be legendary

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Both are equally terrible, but judging music from the present and about a half-decade before are usually bad.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
wowww haterz

far east movement 4 lyfe

no one here was getting slizzard in the blizzard this past week? :(

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I listen primarily to rock now because of how much pop sucks.

Anyway, Imma Be is (as Charles Barkley would say) "TURRIBLE, JUST TURRIBLE".

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Good God! They played both at the New Year's Party I was at... christ.

G6 one sounds slightly better.... so my vote is for that one.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Why isn't I whipped my hair back and forth on here?
I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH
I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH
I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH
I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH

But on a serious note, Imma b is a worse song imo.

Though I think black eyed peas are more talented than those azn guys who made G6, they seem kinda like douchebag hipsters.

At least Like a G6 is catchy?

Cook

Smash Master
^Where is evidence of said talent?

And am I to understand that Infern likes Bruno Mars? For shame...

Nicole

Smash Champion
alright well
it seems like Imma Be is the clear winner, getting every single vote for worst song.

The next batch will be Willow Smith since you guys seem to like that vs Ke$ha

Fuujin

Smash Champion
alright well
it seems like Imma Be is the clear winner, getting every single vote for worst song.

The next batch will be Willow Smith since you guys seem to like that vs Ke$ha
lol which song?

Edit: Oh nvm.

HMMMM
Well I think willow smith is just like some 9 year old media puppet being exploited by her parents to make munny, feels kinda hard to judge her.
Neither of them are really talented.

I think We R Who We R is a little better, not by much but Willow spends like 80% of the song repeating the same ****ing verse.

D

Deleted member

I whip my hair back and forth is so terrible.

Will Smith, I love you, but what are you doing to your kid?

Kel

Smash Master
I honestly believe that a white girl who names herself kesha and makes these completely ******** songs MUST be an experiment by the recording industry. I think they're trying to push the limits on what will sell, just to see how far they can go. The control between varying songs is that they must A) be catchy, and B) have a **** signing them. Everything else is fair game as far as the experiment is concerned.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
This thread is amazing.

So much hate - and from Nicole at that.

Kesha, definitely.

I can't help but laugh when I watch the video.

Big_R

Smash Champion
bigd just dropped knowledge and it's even on wiki that kesha...well i'll quote....

" Producers Dr. Luke and Max Martin had received Kesha's demo after Pebe passed it to Samantha Cox, senior director of writer/publisher relations at Broadcast Music Incorporated, and were impressed. They then convinced Kesha to return to Los Angeles to pursue a music career. Two of the demos were described in a cover story for Billboard, the first "a gorgeously sung, self-penned country ballad" and the second "a gobsmackingly awful trip-hop track" where Kesha raps ad lib for a minute when she runs out of lyrics near the end. Dr. Luke stated in an interview for the story that it was the latter track that caught his attention, saying "[w]hen you're listening to 100 CDs, that kind of bravado and chutzpah stand out."

i didn't believe but i saw th actual billboard interview they got it from..

also reportedly kesha scored a 1500 outta 1600 on the SATs. lol

SO! the real question is a near genius?? vs a small child who is doing it bigger than all of you.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
wow, congrats Kesha or w/e.... "we're going hard" is ruined.
I must say I couldn't even watch the Willow one yet, that would be too much for one sitting.

Top Bottom