• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unofficial Australian Brawl Character Main Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alzi

Smash Master
Vyse i don't know if you where refering to me before that you should have atleast more characters or somthing simmiler to that.

I only main toon link and only use him in tournaments i never have changed character in tournaments. I've only been to one but i know i won't be changing either way.

Also Condog i don't know how you had the time and energy to do all those diffrent colours for the names. I do like your idea of this thread however.

Splice

Smash Hero
YAY Game and Watch.

It suits his nature, which is good. Maybe give him a grey outline like he does in the game.
I like how all the pictures suit the characters really well. Plus your making them quite fast. Its going to look great when they're all up. I really can't compliment this thread enough.

Worst thing about the Game and Watch part is that my name is black. Make it SHINY so it stands out for everyone to see :D I joke.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Updated.

Falcon.... PUUUNNNNCCCH!

@Splice: yeah the thing about g&w is that he only has the one colour. What ive done for all the others is to reduce the image into its basic shades, then recolour it white and one colour, which results in the cool paint effect thingy. But because G&W has no shades or tones, it doesnt work with him. =/

Splice

Smash Hero
Yeah i know, i noticed whatchya were doing with them. I dont mind much, when i saw you say you didnt really like it i used mah thinkin' powahz and suggested that. We can blame Game and Watch, anyways :D

I am interested in seeing what you do for Olimar.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Bored at uni, updated. A few notes:

1/
@l3oOkeR : what state do you live in, and what name do i use? Billy ME, right?
@ACCELERATE: state of residence
[State][/CODE]

Sigh use l3oOkeR and from QLD. And maybe my name at the top of the list for ICs coz you know i should be the leader of the IC bunch

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Vyse i don't know if you where refering to me before that you should have atleast more characters or somthing simmiler to that.

I only main toon link and only use him in tournaments i never have changed character in tournaments. I've only been to one but i know i won't be changing either way

If that's what you read, that's not what I meant. I only change if I have to, but for the purpose of this thread I feel I should not claim to main anymore than Diddy.

I wasn't trying to say that you have to main more than one character, I'm not sure how you read that. Some of the best players main several characters and others don't. Entirely up to you.

If you only main Toon Link, then that's what you put. Simple no?

@Billy: Players in this thread are alphabetically ordered, first by character, then by state, then by name.

Browny

Smash Hater
omg the blue text is impossible to read

make it light blue or something, or add a highlighter to the background >_<

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
sigh at getting my state wrong. i mean Yeah im a NSW support and i got for the sharks.but for Smash/SF4 its QLD all the way

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Huah?

I figured that was something more prevalent in Melee than anything since Melee revolves more around universal techniques.

Whereas in Brawl each character tends to be a lot more unique in its Character based AT's.

I dunno, maybe that's just me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If you know infinite drill shining you know everything...

But eh, in just about any fighting game you get proficient at, you play any character and can play them pretty well... Usually by copying what works for another player...

Also almost every game has characters that play differently as well, either from having different controls for their moves (like a largely quarter/half/etc circle based fighter having a character with moves based on certain button inputs...).

In the smash series, you had smash 64 with Samus, Melee you had Samus, Peach, Ice Climbers, and in Brawl you also have the melees but now with Snake, Olimar, Diddy Kong, Mario (YA!), Pokemon Trainer, etc...

In other words, I'd say any good brawler would be able to instantly pick up one of those characters and be great at them (maybe not including Snake), so yeah...

Toby.

Smash Master
Yes its a difficult concept. I'll have to ask some melee veterans to explain it to me at the next tournament. I'm afraid my puny brawler brain just isn't cut out for it...I guess I should have got into competetive melee from the start so I could be all smart and stuff.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Its more of a how well you can read your opponent than how well you can play a character.. i suppose brawlPLAYAZ would find that hard to understand.
Well, reading the opponent isn't as prevalent in Brawl as it is in Melee because of the FPS decrease and the general slower gamestyle. So I guess it isn't needed as much when playing Brawl.

Thats just my opinion though.

Splice

Smash Hero
I had more mains in Melee than i did in brawl...
but then again i take brawl more seriously, because i'm actually alright at it.

ON TOPIC!!!!
Condog, the Olimar was as great as i expected. Maybe make letters in the names of the players red, blue and yellow,
sort of like what you did for Zelda/Sheik.
I'm surprised Ugly is the only Pikachu main. Australian Fox players don't have to worry about their worst match-up that much.
Surely more people use Pikachu!!!

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Updated. Also, spamzorz need to gtfo of the thread. Some people have one main, that cool, we admire your dedication. But others have multiple characters they use for more or less equal amounts of time, and that is perfectly fine. Deal with it =D

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well, reading the opponent isn't as prevalent in Brawl as it is in Melee because of the FPS decrease and the general slower gamestyle. So I guess it isn't needed as much when playing Brawl.

Thats just my opinion though.
If anything reading the opponent is more prevalent due to the slower pace.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@isthattim?

Maybe, but the way I see it is that in Brawl there is no more or no less a change in the importance of reading the opponent. It's the fact that there's a lesser emphasis on Universal techniques and tech skill in general which makes it seem to me like there's a larger emphasis on reading the opponent.

It's like if you took a situation where there are 50 Holdens and 50 Fords in an event.
Then take away 30 Holdens.

You don't actually have any more Fords, and yet, because there's less Holden's, there's a greater emphasis on Ford.

@GreenStreet: GREEEENIEEEEEEE!!!!

isthattim?

Smash Ace
@isthattim?

Maybe, but the way I see it is that in Brawl there is no more or no less a change in the importance of reading the opponent. It's the fact that there's a lesser emphasis on Universal techniques and tech skill in general which makes it seem to me like there's a larger emphasis on reading the opponent.

It's like if you took a situation where there are 50 Holdens and 50 Fords in an event.
Then take away 30 Holdens.

You don't actually have any more Fords, and yet, because there's less Holden's, there's a greater emphasis on Ford.

if you take 30 holdens away there is more emphasis on the fords, however there is also less of a race

the fords being able to act as fords in the presence of 20 holdens is less spectacular (or indeed valid)
than the fords being able to act as fords in the presence of all holdens

at the highest level a ford should be able to act as a ford in the presence of a hundred holdens, it will be more difficult but should retain it's validity and in a way be more important as the difficulty of acting as a ford in the midst of so many holdens should allow only the most impressive fords to reach their potential, a ford bred in the struggle against 20 holdens will only advance as far as those 20 holdens can take it.

the difference between hitting a target at a firing range and hitting a target after 6 days in a foxhole being shelled

edit: got a bit off topic, dont even know what i meant, too much poisson regression my head is mush

Zero

Smash Hero
Metaphors everywhere, and I thought I escaped my English work ;-;

Everyone should know that people play Melee for the speed, excitement, MINDGAMES!(TM), combos and general awesome, and people play Brawl for Zero Suit Samus and Marth's better design.

Duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom