• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unofficial Australian Brawl Character Main Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@shaya: youre forgetting dthrow ;)

***: i was talking about everyone who uses snake casually. theyre all the same anyway.

Splice

Smash Hero
True dat.
Nothing is happening at the moment. We need to tell more people to tell Condog they exist,
Because otherwise this thread doesnt really have any changing information and it will stagnate like this.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I use...

Ike, Lucario, Toon Link, Marth, Wolf, and Fox sometimes.
And I sort of use Falco, Snake, Pit, Sonic, Zero Suit, ICs.
And I WOULD use Meta Knight but I cbf.
And maybe ROB, but ROB is ugly.
Ike is hott.

But I never play Brawl.
So basically just the first six. c:

Edit:

Just put me down for Wolf and Fox, because they turn me on, thx.
Oh, and Ike.
And Lucario.
... And Toon Link and Marth.
KTHX.

Splice

Smash Hero
^^^ Are you getting this Condog?
Important Information to be Documented! rah!

Too busy making ******* textures.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Um...shut up?

@nix: ive only seen him use sonic. =/
@sirias: state?
@splice: those texture are *****in.

also: shut up =P

adultlink18

Smash Cadet
I also main falco, fox, toon link and link (sorry too leave you hangin by yourself nix :p)

Also my name is spelt Justyn with a 'y', if you cant be bothered changing it then Justin is fine with me. Jacs is even better :)

Attila_

BRoomer
I use...

Ike, Lucario, Toon Link, Marth, Wolf, and Fox sometimes.
And I sort of use Falco, Snake, Pit, Sonic, Zero Suit, ICs.
And I WOULD use Meta Knight but I cbf.
And maybe ROB, but ROB is ugly.
Ike is hott.

But I never play Brawl.
So basically just the first six. c:

Edit:

Just put me down for Wolf and Fox, because they turn me on, thx.
Oh, and Ike.
And Lucario.
... And Toon Link and Marth.
KTHX.
this really annoys me. i dont even think people should have two mains, but when someone who says they never play brawl claims to have 6 mains, then i get really pissed off. this is stupid. the whole point of this thread was to organise australian smashers, but now everyone is making this pointless and unnecessarily confusing.

to avoid such crap in the future, i think everyone should ponder the question, if i versed tibs, cobalt, chris or attila in a tourny, and they used their mains (we all have one, except cobalt, who'll high tier cp you anyway), who would i use? they are your main.

i dont wanna see this crap again.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
this really annoys me. i dont even think people should have two mains, but when someone who says they never play brawl claims to have 6 mains, then i get really pissed off. this is stupid. the whole point of this thread was to organise australian smashers, but now everyone is making this pointless and unnecessarily confusing.

to avoid such crap in the future, i think everyone should ponder the question, if i versed tibs, cobalt, chris or attila in a tourny, and they used their mains (we all have one, except cobalt, who'll high tier cp you anyway), who would i use? they are your main.

i dont wanna see this crap again.
To be perfectly honest I might try and CP you guys, like Cobalt I'd go with Zamus, Tibs Sonic, Chris Sonic, and maybe D3 for Attila. The question should be in a double blind who would you be most confident with. Or Which characters would you play against 95% of the cast in a tournament setting

Attila_

BRoomer
both cobalt and shaya tried to cp me with d3, and both failed. good luck.

most people wont answer those questions properly either, btw. theyre like, 'ill use who i feel like using' or some rubbish like that. everyone has a dominate player, but very few are prepared to admit it for some reason. i use snake. i like his play style. he suits how i like to play the game. and he looks cool. so he became my main. it should be that simple for most people, but for some reason its not.

Browny

Smash Hater
once again atilla you fail to realise that not everyone is like you.

I use snake almost 100% in doubles but MK if my partner is playing someone with high KO potential. i mix and match them depending who my partners character is. in singles i alternate games between lucario and sonic unless for some reason one of those two seems to be having an off day, chuck in some snake/MK maybe once per tourney.

My dominant character is probably olimar/MK, coz they are broken as fk and if I really wanted to be a fgt to people and win at all costs I would use them. Does that make them my main now?

Just because you refuse to use any other character doesnt make the slightest bit of difference whether people can rightfully say they have 3-4 mains or not. The definition of 'main' being held to a dictionary definition is not applicable to brawl. Characters who you use far more than everyone else is perfectly fine. Im sure if you didnt main such a dominant top tier character, you would see the need to CP once in a while in which case your next best would also be a main.

Attila_

BRoomer
once again atilla you fail to realise that not everyone is like you.

My dominant character is probably olimar/MK, coz they are broken as fk and if I really wanted to be a fgt to people and win at all costs I would use them. Does that make them my main now?
yes, i do believe it does.

and its spelt 'attila' btw.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Well my main is Ganondorf, although i don't like the world 'main' as we aren't playing World of Warcraft here, u shouldn't stick to one character imo.
Now on to who i'd use if i vrsed them
Tibs : MK, aerial planking ahoy! Or Wolf, depends how well MK does and on the stage.
edit- after seeing banana choking, i might actually use ganon.
Cobalt : Snake
Chris : Snake
Attila : uh, Falco, Wolf or Ganon.
And no, i can't make up my mind.

I would use Dorf, but i am severely limited by the character and Ganon v MK is an impossibly hard matchup.
But im good with every character, thus i can cp the other player with their worst matchup.
So is Ganondorf, MK, Snake and wolf/falco all my mains?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
i like it how all these people have like 15 mains

maybe you should get good with one character first
and by good i mean be actually able to win stuff, not your own pseudo definition of good

Ant1

Smash Ace
If i wanted to, i could win with say.. wolf if i wanted to, but he's boring and his spike sucks.
I have come second with Snake/MK be4. I've come second Wolf/Pokemon trainer, i've won with ganondorf.
And that's all, as i've only been to like 3 tournys.
Ganondorf is my main, and let's just leave it at that then, the rest can be secondaries.
All we win in S.A. is lollipops, and maybe a mini flake! Or if ur lucky u can win Hyper magazines from 2 years ago!

Browny

Smash Hater
All we win in S.A. is lollipops, and maybe a mini flake! Or if ur lucky u can win Hyper magazines from 2 years ago!
you know all those back issues of hyper I won and drinks, food etc is easily worth more than the melb. stigma prize pool was lol. wasnt it like $15 for singles and $5 for doubles?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
by winning something, i dont mean the rando monthlies or some povo little SA tourney, i mean something like rocky or squat

Nixernator

Smash Ace
@Attila: What about people like Cobalt, who have an innate ability to play at a tourny level with many characters and they do. You fail to account for the fact that some people do play with more than one character well, but I do concede that 4 or more "Mains" is getting ridiculous.
@DJ: Your main is whoever you use when the chips get down and you want to win at all costs, but theoretically your opponent is choosing random or you are in a blind. Doubles mains are not part of this thread.
@Redact: Many people aren't good enough to win a large tourny no matter how much work they put in, does that mean they don't have any mains?

Also, I'd lose to you anyways Attila I know that you're a better player than me, so I'd try to pick the character that gives me the highest innate advantage that I still play reasonably.

Ant1

Smash Ace
povo S.A. tourny? So what if we don't win much, the venue is definitely better than a melbourne venue from what i've seen.
We don't have that much smaller amount of entrants then melbourne does, and wait for next month, coz i hear we have a big one coming.
And melbourne has what? 2-4 good players (atilla, tibs, cobalt, earl)? wow that's like exactly the same as S.A.. Our tournaments are just as hard to win at as yours are, and we don't even use top-tiers

C~Dog

Smash Champion
If you guys get this closed again imma be pissed off. >_>

*updates*

EDIT: Also, arbitrary new rule. If you want to put down more than 3 characters as your mains, you need 3rd party confirmation of this. And it seems like sooooome people who put down long lists of mains are actually including their seconds and sometimes thirds too. so, to reiterate: more than 3 mains, you need multiple people to back you up, who can say that you really do use 4 or more characters on a regular basis, including in tourney type settings.

im all for variety, but 10+ is ridiculous =/

earla

Smash Lord
povo S.A. tourny? So what if we don't win much, the venue is definitely better than a melbourne venue from what i've seen.
We don't have that much smaller amount of entrants then melbourne does, and wait for next month, coz i hear we have a big one coming.
And melbourne has what? 2-4 good players (atilla, tibs, cobalt, earl)? wow that's like exactly the same as S.A.. Our tournaments are just as hard to win at as yours are, and we don't even use top-tiers
There's alot of good melbourne players. rocky'l be sweet. let's save the trash til then ey;)

Browny

Smash Hater
mm some moar SA people i think deserve to be here

G&W - Asura - SA
Marth - 2SXC Dave - SA
Kirby - W150 - SA

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Bsrk_ : Shiek: WA

I've been feeling the Bowser love lately in Mariokart_ Nothing more satisfying than smashing people off bridges whilst riding a tiny motor cycle_ And then there's that roar_ Housemates swearing_ Grinning wildly_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom