• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unofficial Australian Brawl Character Main Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yer mains only imo

eg for earl snake and link, even though he's good with many others those two would be his 'main's per se

Browny

Smash Hater
why not? Not everyone conforms to this whole main/secondaries ideal.

I main Sonic for a variety of things. I use lucario a fair bit in 1vs1. MK/Snake in doubles.

Its not easy to say which is a main. In my case at least, I feel very comfortable in using any of the characters i listed at tournament level.

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
People say earl mains Link... But i've never seen him once play as Link

EDIT:
Some people have too many characters listed imo.
I agree, one or two makes sense, but some people are just going over the top to say the least. There will always be atleast one character that will be a cut above the rest for the specific player.

On a different note- Put me down for Link as well, he is probably the only other character I have that i'd trust in a tourney. For the moment anyway.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
since we're all putting down more than one character put me down for luigi as well, the green thunder will not be denied!!!

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Uh, i dont think secondaries are really needed here, i can understand having a large number of viable mains, (Khoa for example has six or so lol), but seconds.. dont need to bother with that methinks.

Also, i get the feeling that people are just saying "well since everyone else has two characters, here put me down for ___" because they want to have more mains listed. Only put it down if it really is your main.

@luke: is luigi really your main, or do you just not want LOL there anymore =P

@dekar: earl doesnt main snake anymore, he thinks its boring. he does mk/link nowadays.

@drixon: O_o seriously? he plays link like, all the time!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
luigi was my main for a while, and I still use him alot, as well as him being my doubles character, and I do pretty dam good with him I reckon.

besides I have no problem with it saying lol, luigi is pretty lol

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Looks sick as, I love that banner. Oh, and Slap me Down on DK, G&W, Olimar, Falcon, and uh... Spoot who was it... Fox. Those are probably the characters I play the most nowadays.
Khoa May have like six mains but for example I think his Kirby is better then his meta knight.
And While Tanman might be good with those characters, he doesn't main them all.

@Condog: And yeah, i'm serious. Never seen Earls Link, only Toon Link and Snake. :ohwell:

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Okay redid kirby, snake and lucario so it should be easier to read now.

I also have pics of every character, so im ready to go =D

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
does anyone else see overall in that snake picture? looks more like mario if you ask me

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i dont understand how people can have more than one main (or more than two or three, for that matter). you have one main, one secondary, etc. if we're just putting characters we're good with down, then ive got 6 or 7 'mains'.

and ive never seen earl use mk. he uses link and snake.

Sieg

Smash Champion
i dont understand how people can have more than one main (or more than two or three, for that matter). you have one main, one secondary, etc. if we're just putting characters we're good with down, then ive got 6 or 7 'mains'.

and ive never seen earl use mk. he uses link and snake.
I absolutly hate it.

So much.

When people post that they have thirds or fourths.

Seriously, whoever came up with that should be shot.

You have a main, then you have characters that you don't use as your main. It's that simple.

S.D

Smash Master
I have a different main for different situations. For example my main for blinds is different than my 'normal' main. But I would agree that 'mains' are limited.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
tbh I think whoever people consider their main/s should be added, different people have different philosophies on what makes a main.

Condog - you asked for criticism. Honestly I think the character headers look awesome, the whole thing is laid out awesomely, etc. Not much I can say. If anything, use bullets rather than numbering if you're not ranking players (eliminates confusion). Also the headers are a little too big imo, they look awesome but take up too much space (half size?). Also Ice Climbers REPRESENT! <3

Characters. Aside from maining Ice Climbers, I 'officially' second Kirby, Marth and Diddy, though I tend to use over half the roster depending on what I feel like and such. If anything I 'main' Kirby for doubles. Add whichever of those you feel appropriate.

Browny

Smash Hater
i dont understand how people can have more than one main (or more than two or three, for that matter). you have one main, one secondary, etc.
You have a main, then you have characters that you don't use as your main. It's that simple.

Convincing argument you bring up there.
'People cant have multiple mains because I said so'

I counter with
'People can have multiple mains because I say so'

Its really not that simple

oh btw condog i think you may have missed my brothers post (Ant)

Sieg

Smash Champion
See, this is where you're wrong Browny. Lol.

Main. What does that word mean?

Main character. Principal; chief; first in size, rank, importance, etc.

Jupz

Smash Master
Eh I dont think we should have more than one char each but if we are also put me up for MK and Diddy and Falco please.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Okay heres a good rule: If you have to think hard about which character is your main, you prolly on have more than one. If you say one immediately, then come back later and add some more as an afterthought, they prolly arent your trues mains.

Jupz

Smash Master
Okay heres a good rule: If you have to think hard about which character is your main, you prolly on have more than one. If you say one immediately, then come back later and add some more as an afterthought, they prolly arent your trues mains.
How do we know how fast they are thinking on the internet? :p

Browny

Smash Hater
srsly seig,
apply your logic to my case

I use MK and snake in doubles almost exclusively. I use sonic and lucario for 1vs1 pretty much all the time with mk/snake maybe once each per singles tournament.

Who is my main? Its not like I can just go 'I play character X more therefore they are my main'. I try to play them all equally as much as possible.

however I guess i could agree to taking ness and wario off my list. although i feel very competent with using them in tourney situation, they are used a fair amount less than the other 4.

Also since the other adelaide guys are lazy lol...

Jamage - Wolf, Peach
Desert_Eagle - Fox, DK
Apollo - ZSS
Ruinz - Diddy

I cant speak for the rest since im not sure who they use. people like pokemon_legend changes his mains every tournament rofl

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Updated. Added Ant (sorry for missing you lol), and took of ness and wario

@Jupz: i am watching everyone through secret cameras installed in their houses

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Take off Fox then, he's one I had to think about. DS and Edge won't stop berating me until you take off Olimar and Captain Falcon too, so yeah, remove them too, sadly. <.<

Browny

Smash Hater
oh condog for my brother u should also add wolf and snake, since those are his tournament mains also, for 1vs1 and 2vs2. Hes kinda the same as me with having multiple chars for each type lol. he rarely uses DK in tourney though :/

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
For the purpose of this thread, 'Main' should refer to whoever you use the most in tournaments (can be multiple characters) which should be limited to whomever you use to cover bad match ups (Hey, if you're gonna go DK only, then more power to you).

It is definitely necessary to list your mains, but only the ones you use frequently in tournaments.

I could put myself down as Falco/Dedede as well since those are the only other two characters I invest time in, but I don't want to because I don't use those characters unless I think I need to. (IE when a hard counter might make up for matchup inexperience on my part).

Whilst on the other hand, if I perhaps trained my Falco to slay x/y/z characters and Dedede to slay d/e/f characters and regularly swapped between them and Diddy, I would put them as mains.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
main should be one character. if youre confused about this, either check your wii playtime for each character or ask someone who you play regularly who your best character is. no one, by definition, can have two mains. i pull oli out in tournys reasonably regularly, and will quite happily own most with him, but i do not consider him a second main. he is a secondary. www.dictionary.com is great for people who have a hard time understanding this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom