• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unity Ruleset: Discussion

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I know what you mean.

But the value system being what it is, as a community we need to find some sort of common ground in terms of value. The rulesset could go a lot of ways, but if it's simply seen as a criteria as supporting some value, then supporting whatever value the rulesset is supposed to embody is pretty fair.

Arguing out of perfect logic is great. But using logic towards a greater value is even better.

I assume people arguing the rulesset are arguing it because they care about the direction of the community. At which point, if they care about the community, I'd hope they would care about things such as legitimacy leading to acceptance and growth.

If that makes any sense at all, that's the point I'm trying to make at the very least.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I really think it's unnecessary for IDs to be used, but I honestly don't mind it. You should keep your ID on you at all times anyway, no matter where you go, that's just a general rule of life.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Oh, I understand you totally, and agree with you, DeLux. But, if those same people are using the phrase "just a video game tournament", they probably don't care about legitimacy that much.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I understand this for large regionals and nationals. When serious business is going down, nationally trusted TOs, etc.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
How much spam does M2K get now, considering there's a direct PM function on the boards that no one needs to look up information to use. Seriously, bad argument is bad.
I'm talking about other spam. Like, phone call spam, facebook spam, everything. Not just PMs on a site.

Ok, now I know you aren't reading my posts.
In case you didn't notice: I wasn't quoting your post. I was quoting Lux's.

Bad reading skills are bad.

I for one avoid having friends because they tend to expect you to tell them your name at some point.
Friends: somebody I've known for a long time, see on a regular basis.

TO: some random dude who's online name I know, maybe their first name because somebody called them that online, that I see only as often as I go to tournaments.

Big difference.

Not the point, a point you entirely missed. You said that having to show ID to enter a video game tournament is a ridiculous assertion. I proved you wrong: the EVO series requires it to register at all. It's not ridiculous; it actually has a precedent. We just aren't used to following the precedent for large events.
You've proven that another tournament scene is doing that, not that it's warranted. It's still ridiculous, and I would not go to an EVO tournament because of it. That =/= proving me wrong. Just because another scene does this doesn't mean it's not stupid. With that kind of logic, you could say we should all be as rude as possible because hey, that's what the Halo scene does. It's a precedent, is it not?

Names alone don't get you anything serious enough to steal identity. All of the things you need to steal identity come with actual theft, and that info is always bundled with name information when stored anyway.
It's all a heck of a lot easier once you have a name. You have a lot more you can use to check once you have a simple name. It's the first step to stealing identity: a name. The more a would be thief knows about your and your habits, the more likely they are to make you a target: you're an easier hit.

Judo777

Smash Master
Haha Jack Kieser that was such a pro response to my question great job. Um sorry for causing this crazy discussion but I felt it was important. Um I guess people should just try and not get Red Cards. Also it might be smart to put a really really heavy penalty on trying to enter a tournament you are banned in that fashion.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah, you have to remember that only people that violated the rule, which is a small # of all the entrants, would be affected. Hell, when somebody gets a yellow card, SOMEBODY KNOWS WHO THEY ARE, so you could even use other people to do this. People will know their characters/what they look like (At least one person will remember, especially if bracket manipulation is an issue, this will happen later in the bracket where only 3-7 people remain in the tournament), so this point is honestly moot. IDs would make it easier, but they aren't a necessity unless a ****-ton of people are breaking the rules, in which case we need stricter rules/much stricter enforcement.

ADHD

Smash Hero
We're the Pirates That Don't Do Anything?

Also: I would have thought that after MLG ADHD and M2K would have realized that this community doesn't like splitting/bracket manipulation: regardless of if they "actually" did so or not at MLG
*coughtheydidcough*
, the out roar should have made that clear. >_> You want to keep going to big tournaments with large payouts, knowing that many of them are going to be following this ruleset now? Don't talk about splitting.
I guess, I didn't realize that splitting cash amongst friends would become so offensive to so many people, especially you.

All this is making me do is become selfish and keep everything I win, so that's more for me in the end, even though I'm so completely turned off by this rule.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Wow, these guys are still pretending to completely miss the point.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I'm talking about other spam. Like, phone call spam, facebook spam, everything. Not just PMs on a site.
I understand, but spam is spam. The fact of the matter is, if top players aren't getting spammed now, when an easy, accessible, anonymous (using alt accounts), efficient method of spam is at the disposal of trolls, why would people go out of their way to steal a document at great personal risk so that they could spam someone IRL? You're creating a specter out of thin air, Niddo, and it's disingenous argumentation, at best. You're creating a situation that isn't even applicable NOW to create fear about a situation that isn't even a logical outcome of having to check IDs for tournament entry.

Yes, I'm calling you out.

In case you didn't notice: I wasn't quoting your post. I was quoting Lux's.

Bad reading skills are bad.
It doesn't matter. Your response to Lux's post was already covered in a post I had made a few pages earlier, after I had referred you to my earlier posts already. I'm guessing you still haven't read them or watched the videos / read the articles I linked to. They are still relevant and still poignant arguments.

You've proven that another tournament scene is doing that, not that it's warranted. It's still ridiculous, and I would not go to an EVO tournament because of it. That =/= proving me wrong. Just because another scene does this doesn't mean it's not stupid. With that kind of logic, you could say we should all be as rude as possible because hey, that's what the Halo scene does. It's a precedent, is it not?
Ok, first of all, YOU made the assertion multiple times that having an ID card system for tournaments was flat out ridiculous. My quotations, let me show you them:

If a bunch of teenagers/young adults want to track my ID for a video game tournament, that's crossing the line.
I know you just mean just a first and last name. Just a first name wouldn't be a big issue. The moment you throw in a second name, it's a terrible idea. ...

...Simply put: it's a stupid idea for such a minor thing. Video game tournaments aren't worth the hassle.
(emphasis through bolding added)

Your assertion was that tracking IDs was a patently ridiculous thing. I wasn't trying to argue that tracking was warranted (I had already done that earlier, given the assumption that we wanted a persistent infraction system), I was trying to prove you wrong, that ID tracking at video game tournaments isn't a ridiculous idea, and I've proven that rather handily.

It's all a heck of a lot easier once you have a name. You have a lot more you can use to check once you have a simple name. It's the first step to stealing identity: a name. The more a would be thief knows about your and your habits, the more likely they are to make you a target: you're an easier hit.
But, it's not guaranteed, and that's the argument you're trying to make. Again, your own words:

It takes one miss click when trying to send it to another TO, one mess up due to too much to drink, one computer getting hacked, and you could potentially screw over a dozen people's lives. Let me tell ya: the damage that could be is much higher than $300,000.
(emphasis through bolding added)

You're trying to say that the odds are so great that not only the list would be leaked in any way but also that the leakage would caused irreparable harm to people that we shouldn't even think about the idea. You're sowing fear to try to discredit the idea, but you're doing it disingenuously by making the risk seem disproportional. You're purposefully making it seem like merely having a list at all of people with YCs and RCs nearly guarantees people having their identity stolen, all through the release of a first and last name. We wouldn't even track region (since why does that matter if they could travel OOS?). It would literally be a list of first and last names. You know where else I could get that?

Government directories, which hold all sorts of fully searchable data, and much more than just names.

Stop trying to equate a small list of names with near-guaranteed identity theft. Names are everywhere.

I guess, I didn't realize that splitting cash amongst friends would become so offensive to so many people, especially you.

All this is making me do is become selfish and keep everything I win, so that's more for me in the end, even though I'm so completely turned off by this rule.
*sigh*

ADHD, I already wrote a response to exactly this, but I'm assuming it got lost a couple of pages back and you didn't read it.

Here's to it not happening again.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12774300&postcount=2425

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
woooowwww.... id's for a smash bros game tournament? promise me that there will be a rule saying that if your ID is stolen due to the result of this that the bbr-rc members will have the money to pay for the millions of dollars i will sue them for no matter who they are due to the bull**** this could potentially cause and ill agree to it. otherwise, you can go **** yourself if you think that a video game where at in INDIVIDUAL TOURNAMENTS the most you can make is around a grand (most only actually around 100 dollars) or at most 10 grand at MLG (if they ever take us back). until then, if the unity ruleset ever requires personal ID (and btw, all someone needs is your DRIVER'S LICENSE NUMBER mister "chase bank" to steal your ID and money. I WOULD KNOW, my sister lost $10,847 from having her driver's license stollen so **** your claim that "it doesn't matter if your driver number is stolen" bull**** ******** claim) i can ****ing guarentee that it will never be used by another TO who actually wants people to attend their tournies. **** that stupid bull****. you don't want TOP players splitting and manipulating the bracket, BEAT THEM IN GAME (a video game that isn't worth thousands of lost dollars) or stop your *****ing.

however don't think im supporting you sandbagging and forfeiting ****ers because i said don't check IDs, **** you. i was looking forward to seeing an actual match on livestream after a ****ty day at work, thx for ****ing me over out of that *******s. i don't even care if i've met some of you before. i've had a ****ty week and this talk of ID hazards invading smash bros tournies just pushed me over the wrong mother ****ing edge. **** you dumb****s and ID theft supporters, and have a good ****ING NIGHT!

edit:
drinking and insomnia with work in 4.5 hours also are contributing to this post. oh and grim, if you refering to my post here (vvvv)...... i actually don't have a comment. **** envery thing. work at 5am, sleep needs to happen now. for 3 HOURS. ****ing stupid mother ****ers and there wanting ID to be involved in mother ****ing smash bros. what the **** happened to the god damn good old days where people played games to ****ing win and compete for fun and didn't give 2 ****s about who actually got the money? **** your identity idea it can kiss my ***. a lot of your other psots are good jack, but bringin ID into video gaming and fun is ********. who knows, you work at chase bank. you may be trying to steal peoples IDs since you are obviously knowledgable in the area having claimed to be so.

also, now that i see the live post, not suing for seeing my ID. suing for if the info led to my ID being stolen and me suffering financial issue IN THE SLIGHTEST to it. that is the cost of messing with identity IMO. it should be left alone is the point im getting at.

once a-****ing-gain. GOODNIGHT SMASHBOARDS.COM

ADHD

Smash Hero
Okay Twinkie. I don't know, why am I even caring? I can still sandbag with jigglypuff in grand finals if I know I'll privately split later.

It seems to be geared only towards people like mew2king who have forfeited for cash, but it pisses me off that this system is spontaneously created and I have to be under surveillance for six months out of nowhere.

Judo777

Smash Master
Okay Twinkie. I don't know, why am I even caring? I can still sandbag with jigglypuff in grand finals if I know I'll privately split later.

It seems to be geared only towards people like mew2king who have forfeited for cash, but it pisses me off that this system is spontaneously created and I have to be under surveillance for six months out of nowhere.
just remember that the more you try to act like you don;t care and the more you try to go against the rules the less likely TO's will want you at their tourney. They can eject you for any reason even if you only have a yellow card.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm actually quite curious about this. Is Unity more important than having a top player attend your tournament? ADHD is just curious.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
woooowwww.... id's for a smash bros game tournament? promise me that there will be a rule saying that if your ID is stolen due to the result of this that the bbr-rc member...
No, no I can't do it. I can't finish reading that. I'm sorry, if your ID gets stolen from you in the 3 feet between your back pocket and your outstretched hand, you either just met the ballsiest thief or you are an idiot.

Now, can someone please start arguing with some sense?

Also, ADHD lulz. You do realize that now if any Unity TO sees you in GF with a Jiggs, he's probably going to assume you're breaking the rules and Yellow Card you, right? You're pretty bad at this.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
No, no I can't do it. I can't finish reading that. I'm sorry, if your ID gets stolen from you in the 3 feet between your back pocket and your outstretched hand, you either just met the ballsiest thief or you are an idiot.

Now, can someone please start arguing with some sense?

Also, ADHD lulz. You do realize that now if any Unity TO sees you in GF with a Jiggs, he's probably going to assume you're breaking the rules and Yellow Card you, right? You're pretty bad at this.
read the rest of the post and you'll relzie th'at i don't give 2 ****s about what you just asid because anyone with a good memory can write memorize a D number in the time it taks to check it.
WYH THE **** AM I SITLLL AWAKW?????

this is sdumg

edit:
call me an idiot again and if for some reason if we ever meet in real life, ill make idle threats at you and make fun of your mother and there may even be the possibility of me making up a couple words at you. so you'd better whatch your *** before i hunt you down and money match you or worse..... *insert something worse here*

oh look, internet insults, we can geoth do then, hwoever mine is at least funnys seeing as yoyu an d i don't know each oterh

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
This is unrelated, but if ID checks were suddenly mandated at tournaments, you can definitely expect attendee rates to go down by at least 25%.

Or you could just legitimately play your matches with or without knowledge that you're going to split later.

Maybe this will help. Someone in that SRK thread that AZ linked threw this link up, and I think it's worth the read. It's old, and quite long, but it's insightful and well written.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/threads/draw-this.1818/

Is... is that guy drunk? Is he posting blitzed? Because... I really think he is drunk. :(
Yes, don't pay any more attention to his posts for now.

NNID
Budget_Player
On the subject of pirate ship, i wouldn't mind seeing it in tourneys to test it out, but i feel it won't become a CP in most regions because the bombs can be too random and are deceiving in where they appear to be going, the time when the boat is lifted into the air is just like PS2's wind transformation and it leads to dumb kills and frame traps, and finally, the little catapult near the left of the boat seems too random and its too powerful.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Every character can always live through the catapult with correct DI. It's not even remotely a problem. There's a big, fat safe zone from the bombs (the mast). And the wind... It's 5 seconds. Deal with it.

I'm not giving out my ID to a bunch of random people I've only met over the internet. Sorry, but it's just not going to happen. Some of us happen to be a bit paranoid and prefer not to have our names anywhere. You can google my real name, and not find me anywhere, except for in one, incomplete family tree that a relative put up online. And all there is there is my name and my parents' name. I'd rather keep it that way as long as possible, and I'm not going to risk some idiot uploading his excel sheet to the internet.

So, flat out no to checking real names.
You're stupidly paranoid.

I happen to have a... fairly unique name. Like, as in, I put it into google, and I'm all the results. But it doesn't bother me. Why? Because not only is there very, very little interest for the average person in my personal data (why would there be more in yours?), but also because there's not much you can do with a name. No, I mean, seriously. So they can find your facebook. Big ****ing deal. Don't be a moron with facebook. So they can google you. BIG ****ING DEAL.

1) There is a reason why I have a crappy cellphone and basically never use it. >_>

2) Then it's a good thing you're not in charge of the BBR-RC. And really, $300,000 spread among who knows how many people is nothing compared to the damage that could be done with one slip up with tracked IDs. "Big Business"? Don't make me laugh.
What damage? Unless you're giving them your SSN, your credit card info, your passport, your bank account data...

You are giving them your ****ing name.

Just to be clear. You are giving a group of responsible, known individuals (they're already dealing with several thousand dollars between the event and the pots) the very least of your personal data. There's a difference between "paranoid" and "stupid" and you seem to be crossing that line very heavily. Here, lemme spell it out for you.

Your name will almost certainly not get out to the public.

There is not much someone can do with your name if they do get it.

There is not a team of super ninja lawyer thieves watching your every move, waiting for you to make one misstep so that they can abuse your name to gather all the rest of your personal information (probably through espionage and straight-out theft, both actually illegal); even if you do have enough personal information out there for someone to learn ANYTHING MEANINGFUL about you, you're still less at risk than, say, the people who use the PSN or XBOX Live.

woooowwww.... id's for a smash bros game tournament? promise me that there will be a rule saying that if your ID is stolen due to the result of this that the bbr-rc members will have the money to pay for the millions of dollars i will sue them for no matter who they are due to the bull**** this could potentially cause and ill agree to it.
Stopped reading right about here because you're deluded and stupid. :glare:

Look, it's not that they hold your ID in some tank with all the others, they don't collect it at all. You flash it, they get your name (and nothing else), and then you go forward with your life. And again, if you become a victim of identity theft because someone got your name, then it's almost always entirely your own fault. Sorry.

read the rest of the post and you'll relzie th'at i don't give 2 ****s about what you just asid because anyone with a good memory can write memorize a D number in the time it taks to check it.
WYH THE **** AM I SITLLL AWAKW?????

this is sdumg

edit:
call me an idiot again and if for some reason if we ever meet in real life, ill make idle threats at you and make fun of your mother and there may even be the possibility of me making up a couple words at you. so you'd better whatch your *** before i hunt you down and money match you or worse..... *insert something worse here*

oh look, internet insults, we can geoth do then, hwoever mine is at least funnys seeing as yoyu an d i don't know each oterh
Holy **** sugar queen. Mahabara just lost his maharbles.

Now over this whole post, I've been neglecting to mention something...

You Americans are spoiled rotten. Why do I say this? Because at tournaments in germany, according to german law, if you're not 18 (you need to show ID to prove that you're 18), you need to get an "Einverstaendniserklaerung" (permission slip) from your legal guardian that includes not only your full name and tag, but also your legal guardian's full name. And even then they need ID. Does anyone give a ****? No! Because most people are sane enough to realize that you can't really do much with just a name... And the rest generally don't come to smash tournaments (they're too busy blogging about how the chemtrails are going to kill us all and how the flouride in the water is making us less fertile).

God dammit, some people... The stupid. It burns. :glare:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Is... is that guy drunk? Is he posting blitzed? Because... I really think he is drunk. :(
incredively so. and still can't fall aelseep no matter what and am oylny running on 1 hour of sleep and have work in like 4 hours.

@bpc
refew to above satament

@peeps ingehneal

sorry gusy. bad day, horrid night, can't sleep, have wokr in 4 hrs...... seriousy ignotr me for the rest of tinonite. i jsut wanna sleep and so i don't pass out on my las t dai at target. got a new jsob! but soooo tired. even alcohol didn't knock me out though adn i don't do any drigus so ime not awsake on some amper so i don't get why i can't jsut fall asleeep.... :c

edie:

@bpd
just saw where yu siad "maharbles".

you've brawt a shed of loly joy into my niht sir

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
...How about I bring up a point, then?

I have a concern that, whether or not this is a good move, to create a full out identification system for the sake of catching rule-breaking players and having them banned from tournaments...

Well... does anyone consider how badly this will hit attendance rates at tournaments? If people are forced to do stuff like this, I mean.

-Ran

Smash Master
Alright, first off. It's simple. The people that are getting carded are known individuals in the scene. We don't need to know who everyone is, only the people that are breaking the rules of the system. When someone is carded, just have their picture [someone at the tournament/local scene will have an image] next to their name. Most people make it very apparent where they are traveling for an event, and it is very likely that someone is going to know who they are. The larger the tournament, the more true this will become.

The goal is to punish people at the major tournaments, and if lucky at their state level. The crappy Gamestore tournament in their city won't ban them, but I assure you, the regional/state level will.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Why do I even bother these days. :glare:
Unfortunately, I was reading page by page.
Luckily I suffered only a bit of it, but...I don't think my eye sight will recover.
So much orange.

Anyway I like Jack's idea.
Using ID's isn't something new and would apply some legitimacy to the tournaments. I cannot see why people are freaking out about it considering you get carded for buying beer/cigarettes as well as buying M rated games.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Wow. If I didn't already have 3 points, I'd be posting gifs representative of how this thread (and tuleset) is increasingly becoming more and more hilarious.

Yellow cards and red cards for random unrelated events? Rofl

Worrying about being in disguise after a red card? Roooofl

Having to show ID at a video game tournament? Roooooooooofl

And for those that are saying "it's just a video game tournament, don't be so serious with ID" and whatnot about people taking things too seriously, take a look at these new playrt integrity rules and realize you should be saying the exact same thing to that as well.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Ran solved this just now and you guys are still arguing.

Take pictures of the offenders and put them in the Yellow Card/Red Card thread.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Wow. If I didn't already have 3 points, I'd be posting gifs representative of how this thread (and tuleset) is increasingly becoming more and more hilarious.

Yellow cards and red cards for random unrelated events? Rofl

Worrying about being in disguise after a red card? Roooofl

Having to show ID at a video game tournament? Roooooooooofl

And for those that are saying "it's just a video game tournament, don't be so serious with ID" and whatnot about people taking things too seriously, take a look at these new playrt integrity rules and realize you should be saying the exact same thing to that as well.
Ok, first of all, the people saying "don't take things too seriously" are the people against getting ID'ed to enter a tournament; the people so far who have agreed with the idea seem to think that requiring IDs makes tournaments more legit, and so more respectable. So far, everyone against the idea of IDs at a tournament also think that our tournaments shouldn't be considered that legit / respectable anyways.

Second, we're dealing with integrity rules because our top players are increasingly playing without integrity. It's not like the rules came out of thin air.

@John: Did you know that Google is developing consumer-grade facial recognision software? It can analyze pictures of faces and pull up all sorts of related information through Google search. If we take pictures of people and post them online, those people are ripe for identity theft; after all, what's more a part of you than your face. We'd be literally signing their death warrants, as shadow identity theft teams from China, trained in the art of assuming another's identity completely and totally, will find those players homes and assassinate them in their sleep, taking their forms and living their lives.

We cannot allow this to happen.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
oh hell ya, it's 3:12 am. i work 5-1:30pm and then 4-12:am tomeoryyoew and will be getting no sleep.

btw, the whole ID ONLY if yu aefentd thing

HELZ YA. the fact is that is legit, opunsih teh ofendgers and leave the lnitrormal litle guy alone. btw, bpc, it took me 8 times focusing hard to o type your nemae right in sthis sendtecnece.

btw, pit. i say heis name, arguement starts in on e and a half pgaedges. count ion it. :) :roll: *varieous assorted smileyl's. *

DeLux

...How about I bring up a point, then?

I have a concern that, whether or not this is a good move, to create a full out identification system for the sake of catching rule-breaking players and having them banned from tournaments...

Well... does anyone consider how badly this will hit attendance rates at tournaments? If people are forced to do stuff like this, I mean.
Call me crazy, but having solid rules and procedures to enforce them on a normative level might give us more mainstream legitimacy, thus more sponsors and exposure, thus greater attendance rates and a stronger community in the long run.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
@ Jack

O___O Holy ****...

Why the **** is Google even doing that? I could easily see that leading to the end of Internet civilization as we know it...
Then... I'd like to return to my original concern. If the system is too complicated, and that includes using any kind of identification, a significant decline in tournament attendance will most likely follow.

Does anyone else see that as a valid concern, whether or not use of identification is a good idea?
Edit: Whoops, didn't see DeLux's post there...

The thing is, though, even if we have a strategically sound rule set in place, if the game receives an extremely low sum of popularity following these rules, who the heck in their right mind would sponsor us if they didn't forsee a profit?

DeLux

I mean, on a national level I see where your argument is coming from.

However, I'll try to frame it this way:

As a TO, one of the main issues I've had with hosting a tournament is finding a suitable venue.

Many places simply don't want to deal with the hassle of hosting a video game tournament for money because they perceive it to be a form of gambling. (which based on interpretation of certain state gaming commissions, that might actually be the case. It's definitely a gray area given no federal protection of skill games). On top of that, we allow minors to participate without parental consent, which is another legal issue.

So on a grass roots level, having an overseeing organization that can support the legitimacy of tournaments, one aspect of which is establishing a standard rulesset, would help give TO's there own legitimacy.

If enough of these tournaments occur at a local level, then public opinion on a once underground movement is now mainstream and common place and more likely accepted. At which point, people find they may actually enjoy watching video game tournaments enough to warrant sponsors at that level. It's happened in Korea, so it's within the realm of possibility.

The rulesset is only the first step. It would be up to the community to take the next step to utilize the advantages of having standardized rules.

I don't really think carrying and showing an ID is a huge deterrent for people playing a game tournament. Outside of the paranoia argument, there really hasn't been any logical reason why someone wouldn't want to do it that I've seen yet. Many activities on national, state, and local levels require ID to participate and there really isn't any sort of impact in attendance because of it.

I don't have the exact study, but in my Public Administration class, there was a case study in a city where they passed an ordinance requiring all bars to ID people in order to try to stop the underage drinking AND lower the revenue of said alcohol serving facilities so they would no longer be viable. The cases of underage drinking drastically lowered, but the number of people attending the bars actually increased their revenue so they stayed in business. I could probably find it if I looked for it, but the lesson is the important part. As evidence, most alcohol serving facilities are usually on the side supporting a "Must show ID" sort of law just because it adds legitimacy to their practices.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i h9neostly c9ouldn;t reasd tiy r oist at tgus - poiht bertoa. j waaaaaaaaaaayyy to ****ed up to be lgegit. soooooooooooo many marutubus;s. looooooooooooool. workd in50 mins.

Top Bottom