• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unity Ruleset: Discussion

Scatz

Smash Champion
Jebus, stop using extremes to make your argument for MK being broken. You don't know what you're talking about, nor do you have any evidence to back up your claims.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Remind me again, who won the set? Who does Ally now use against MK most of the time? Oh right, Meta Knight.
I am simply posting the fact that MK can lose matches. If Isai only mained Pikachu in smash 64, would Pikachu have been banned? he only has one even match up and it is only on one stage.

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm starting to believe that he is attempting to help the Ban movement by providing such easily defeated arguments. That is, if we could call his statements such.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Jebus should write the anti ban argument if we do the poll, he is just SO good at arguing and coming up with relevant points.

allshort17

Smash Ace
So can we get a list of names behind the plan? Well, it needs a good name first... The Silent Poll perhaps? Since it can gauge pro-ban's strength without having to revoke the MK discussion rule.

List of names behind Silent Poll Plan:
1. InferiorityComplex
2. John12346
3. Auspher
4. vVv Rapture
5. Niddo
6. Bizkit
7. Ussi
8. M@V
9. ADHD
10. ChKn
11. Allin
12. Player-1
13. BSP
Didn't add those of you who expressed proban sentiment but didn't mention our post specifically.

Anyone else in favor, speak now or forever momentarily hold your peace! Alternatively, if I added you in error (like Bizkit) I'll remove you, too.

EDIT: That's ten people in like three minutes. Impressive?
I just wanted to say I'm in for the vote to.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I'm kind of getting tired of reading the sad attempts the proban people are making to advance their movement.

So I thought I'd take the first steps for everyone: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307733

If the community is really behind you, you can stop trying and start actually doing something

Player-1

Smash Legend
MK doesn't have to be broken enough to be banned which he isn't IMO, when there's over centralization in his character choice then that's also a bannable trait. If 50% of the community mained ganon then I would say ban ganon.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
MK doesn't have to be broken enough to be banned which he isn't IMO, when there's over centralization in his character choice then that's also a bannable trait. If 50% of the community mained ganon then I would say ban ganon.
And I am saying that this over centralization might be a result of the stage list that we are using

Player-1

Smash Legend
thats a dumb reasoning p1, also hilarious video
Not really, over centralization is the main argument in many why some stages are banned/legal. It stales metagame and ultimately hurts the community.

And I am saying that this over centralization might be a result of the stage list that we are using
If that was the case then we'd only be seeing MK for just some of those stages, not as the main character played even on neutrals.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I don't get this logic. If ganon was good enough to be mained by 50% of the community, he would be mained by 50% of the community.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I think we are all saying in different ways that we want MK banned so why not annoy all the T.O to make MK banned tournaments until it becomes a standard and it changes in the unity rule set. That seems like the only way anything is actually going to get accomplished at this point.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I'm kind of getting tired of reading the sad attempts the proban people are making to advance their movement.

So I thought I'd take the first steps for everyone: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307733

If the community is really behind you, you can stop trying and start actually doing something
So contacting AZ followed by rallying up some support about a plan to get a rediscussion in order isn't "doing something"?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Oh do tell, what is your ideal anti-MK stage list? This should be good.
1. Take out either Brinstar/ RC or both
2. Leave the same stage list but add an extra ban

Keitaro was saying that he used to have two stage bans but only one of those stages could be neutral.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Then explain the point, because the two people that replied to your post think it's dumb.
alright, I hate repeating myself for people that don't know how to read:

Over centralization over specific things is bad because it stales metagame and hurts the community. It doesn't matter if the centralization is over something that's broken or not it's still bad for the community.

Flayl

Smash Hero
alright, I hate repeating myself for people that don't know how to read:

Over centralization over specific things is bad because it stales metagame and hurts the community. It doesn't matter if the centralization is over something that's broken or not it's still bad for the community.
What you fail to understand is that there is a cause for over centralization. If something becomes the center of the metagame and time flows and it's still that huge part of the metagame, there's a reason for it. It's in no way a "let's all play ganon".

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
So contacting AZ followed by rallying up some support about a plan to get a rediscussion in order isn't "doing something"?
Actually John, your data is one of the more proactive things out there.

At the end of the day though, discussion is still talk. And talk is only talk. And most of the talk is going to be divisive and not unifying.

If the community truly wants MK banned, they'll ban him. Actually hosting large scale MK banned tournaments that are successful has to be the most proactive measure to take.

Player-1

Smash Legend
What you fail to understand is that there is a cause for over centralization. If something becomes the center of the metagame and time flows and it's still that huge part of the metagame, there's a reason for it. It's in no way a "let's all play ganon".
That's why I said it was a HYPOTHETICAL example (if you don't understand what one is, then I'll be happy to explain), I'm applying it to MK using ganon as a representation that even it is or isn't broken it should still be banned because I think MK isn't broken enough to be banned just over centralized.

Judo777

Smash Master
I don't know much about street fighter. How do I know that the Akuma player isn't horrible or that the Chun li player is just that much better? What I do know is that MK is beatable and that the top ten at Genesis weren't all MKs.
Both were top level players. Otochun was a decent amount better. Doesn't matter Akuma is as or more broken than MK, and he can lose to.

NNID
Budget_Player
Folks, you've just seen something miraculous: a plan was proposed that both ADHD and Raziek could agree on! We just need BPC and Jebus/Akuma and then it'll be REALLY freaky ;)
Up yours. :laugh:

You may actually be an idiot.
Is this news?

Also, something worth noting... Anti-ban exists. They're just way less vocal than pro-ban. I hope the reasons are obvious.

Judo777

Smash Master
Up yours. :laugh:

Is this news?

Also, something worth noting... Anti-ban exists. They're just way less vocal than pro-ban. I hope the reasons are obvious.
They are less vocal for 2 reasons one more obvious than the other. The first being they have their way right now. The second there are WAAAAAAAYYYYYY less of them.

Judo777

Smash Master
It does matter when one player is clearly better than the other.
Wait what???? Dude in your clip rain is clearly better than tear bear???? What is your point???

Both MK and Akuma can be beaten if you are clearly better than your opponent. Its just that sometimes (and way more often than it should) they win despite of the other player being clearly better.

Top Bottom