• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unity Ruleset: Discussion

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Wait what???? Dude in your clip rain is clearly better than tear bear???? What is your point???

Both MK and Akuma can be beaten if you are clearly better than your opponent. Its just that sometimes (and way more often than it should) they win despite of the other player being clearly better.
If he was clearly a better player, he would have won the ditto. From what I saw, They were going pretty even until the third match where Tearbear took Rain to RC. That's when it all went down hill for Rain.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
But Rain doesn't...main...MK..

Never mind, he's a troll. I'm convinced. This whole thread has essentially been everyone vs Jebus logic for the last couple pages. >.>

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Yes because dittos dictate who is the better player.
Maybe not, but it does prove that if he is better than tearbear, he is not that much better.

@Bizket, . We have all seen his MK since Apex. It's not like he just picked him up. He made the choice of using MK

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Maybe not, but it does prove that if he is better than tearbear, he is not that much better.

@Bizket, He made the choice of using MK. We have all seen his MK since Apex. It's not like he just picked him up
Dude Japan doesn't have RC legal, they don't know how to play on RC, that's why Tearbear cp'd them there. Are you ********?

Player-1

Smash Legend
From what I heard (I could be mistaken), Rain said he was going to be using all MK at the tournament because of the all other stages he isn't accustomed to, I guess he felt like his Falco would be able to win on neutrals while fighting tearbear, or at least in the MU, but his main is Falco.

Judo777

Smash Master
If he was clearly a better player, he would have won the ditto. From what I saw, They were going pretty even until the third match where Tearbear took Rain to RC. That's when it all went down hill for Rain.
You can be a better player without being better at a certain MU, or a certain stage. Btw game 3 was on RC which I believe is not legal in Japan. Rain probably does not have much experience on that stage. From what I have heard Rain is (or was) primarily a Falco main and more than likely, doesn't have the ditto down like our MK's.

Just because he is a better player (IMO) doesn't mean is is better at the MK ditto.

Also you are picking the character who (IMO) has the best MU with MK in the game.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
That wouldn't have happened if those stages were banned.
Right, so let's ban every stage the Japanese don't know. It could have been Frigate that Rain got destroyed on. Or Lylat.

Because Japan only has SV, BF and FD legal.

Stop.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Right, so let's ban every stage the Japanese don't know. It could have been Frigate that Rain got destroyed on. Or Lylat.

Because Japan only has SV, BF and FD legal.

Stop.
I think that we should fist temporarily ban stages like Brinstar or RC to see if they are the problem or instead of banning the stages, you could add one more stage ban

Player-1

Smash Legend
because it hurts other characters since they can no longer CP them when it's a perfectly fine stage for a CP stage for those characters.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
yes lets let 1 tournament override 2 years of data.....................
It's worth a try if it means that we get to keep half of the community. Also, what Maharba the Mystic said.

@P-1, you make it seem like that's the only stage that most characters have to counter pick.

Player-1

Smash Legend
wake up jebus, if MK is banned only a handful of people will quit, data supports the fact that we will gain more people into this community.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Why are people still responding to his posts?

He might as well be quoting every post and responding with, "why?"

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
wake up jebus, if MK is banned only a handful of people will quit, data supports the fact that we will gain more people into this community.
Why risk losing players we have for a chance at bringing in players that might not stay?

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Seriously, stop responding to him. Don't quote him, don't acknowledge him. If he spams to get his posts seen, report him.

I've seriously had enough of his blabber-mouthed, idiotic, useless banter.

EDIT: LIKE THAT ****ING POST RIGHT ABOVE ME.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so uh. just wanna say, um. ya.... why my character still so low? this is why we shoulda waited until after genesis to release the tier list, pit and wario straight up out did most of their individual tiers (as predicted) and both should be higher. wario wrecked on marths placement and pit rocked hard with 2-3 in the top 30 (don't know if krystedez ever went pit)

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
What P1 said below, wrong thread but I'll respond anyway.

Pit overall hasn't been bringing in good results relative to the rest of the characters around him on the tier list. He placed okayish at Genesis 2, but that's about it.

If you're gonna respond to me, do it in the Tier List Discussion, k?

Player-1

Smash Legend
so uh. just wanna say, um. ya.... why my character still so low? this is why we shoulda waited until after genesis to release the tier list, pit and wario straight up out did most of their individual tiers (as predicted) and both should be higher. wario wrecked on marths placement and pit rocked hard with 2-3 in the top 30 (don't know if krystedez ever went pit)
wrong thread.

Allin

Smash Journeyman
I feel like this thread has become the new "MK Ban Discussion Thread." I swore it was the Unity Ruleset discussion thread. I know MK being banned is a huge issue, but we already have our silent poll idea submitted to AZ. Im sure this discussion has been done to death in the Backroom. Plus discussion won't make a difference we need T.O.'s doing Test Set's with MK banned and to check and compare the results, if it really shakes the meta up that much then maybe it is worth looking into on the data side.

On the practical side I have to agree though. No one I know wants to watch MK vs MK grand finals anymore its like watching the same episode of a tv show over and over we already know what's going to happen. I personally am just interested of the effects loosing MK will take on the meta thats about it otherwise im neutral.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Well, the best we can do now is wait for some more information, I guess.

We've got some Brinstar banned tournies, such as KTAR6 and Apex going on, as well as new regions trying out a MK banned formula, PLUS I've gotta wait for some responses from the BRC, so we're kind of at a standstill at the moment as far as this subject.

The most we can do for now is discuss the existing data we have before us.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
here is the data from one side of the argument. *insert data since dawn of brawl here*

here is the data from the pro ban side. *oh ya, never tried it in a big tourney*

Top Bottom