• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
First year student at uni
Still have my high school study habits (ie I don't study regularly, I just cram before midterms and finals) so I failed my math course (cause you have to actually practice that ****) and I did well in all my other classes (bio, chem, psych) except for physics, which I also failed cause I missed the exam (was doing fine otherwise). I've requested to attend the make-up, but I haven't gotten a response yet. And if they don't let me attend the make-up and I get a zero on the final, I fail physics.

So yeah, failed 1-2 courses in my first term, I kinda feel like I've already ruined my entire future ._.
How bad is it to fail courses in university?

Smash Master
I haven't taken a day off work this month. I've been up for 22 hours, been here for 15 of them. I cook here and I sleep here. I'm staying behind to fix the bug while the rest of the team is out to lunch. I'm exhausted.

Edit: I just threw up all over the bathroom floor. Now I'm cold. I hope my body is giving up because my mind never will.

I've been writing code for 19 hours. I've been up for 26. And the guy sitting next to me has the nerve to yawn. What am I allowed to legally do to him?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Was hoping to play SWTOR during my day off.

I've been playing the special preorder days so far

The game comes out officially tomorrow, my day off. However, I won't receive the game until the 22 according to the "Track this package" thing...Which is the day AFTER BOTH of my days off

Smash Master
Autistic coworker has worked himself into a frenzy again. Sighing every 5 seconds and making random noises. Like every time he makes a noise, a tone of adrenaline and cortisol flows through me, which makes me lose focus, which causes more stress hormones, which further decreases my productivity. If I can keep all that to myself at work, I don't see wtf his problem is.

I guess that's the most stressful part. He has no reason to be polluting the air all the time. He just sits there being annoying. How can other people get away with being so ****ing incompetent? If that was me no way I'm still working here. He triggers about a dozen violent fantasies a day.

Oop, looks like he's graduating to using real words. No, Delwin, I don't know what the heck. I just know you need to ****ing shut up.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Autistic coworker has worked himself into a frenzy again. Sighing every 5 seconds and making random noises. Like every time he makes a noise, a tone of adrenaline and cortisol flows through me, which makes me lose focus, which causes more stress hormones, which further decreases my productivity. If I can keep all that to myself at work, I don't see wtf his problem is.

I guess that's the most stressful part. He has no reason to be polluting the air all the time. He just sits there being annoying. How can other people get away with being so ****ing incompetent? If that was me no way I'm still working here. He triggers about a dozen violent fantasies a day.

Oop, looks like he's graduating to using real words. No, Delwin, I don't know what the heck. I just know you need to ****ing shut up.
I know that feel. We have a kid like that in class (not as bad as you described it, I guess), but yeah. She's also sick often which makes things worst. You're in an exam and you hear her sneezing or blowing her nose. Or the weird cough. It's just so annoying.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
My original TV I used to play melee on fell off some containers I had put it on yesterday when I had sone smashers over. It balanced on it fine the ENTIRE fest.

I went out that night and my Dad calls me and tells me it fell off and broke. -___- It's an older 32" fat TV with built in VHS and VIDEO OUT (which was awesome)

More a sentimental thing cause I could find one at Goodwill, but kinda dampened my day. Nothing lasts forever I guess.

Jasou

Smash Ace
I'm mad at myself for being a total hypocrite. I've been ignoring my friend sometimes who spams me on facebook, but I was the one who used to do that to my one friend and I hated it when he would ignore me.

Stupid thing to be unhappy about/feels stupid.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Police came over. Said they're going to arrest the stalker and slap a restraining order on them. The whole situation seems harsh. I feel kind of sorry for them.

But they did scare the crap out my sister.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
They deserved it man.

Stalking people is just wrong IMO, unless it's facebook based hahahaha.

Especially women, they get scared more easily in general

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I think the stalker needed psychiatric help rather than an arrest. They're just not right in the head. I don't think they were a physical threat (though my sister feels otherwise).

But still. This person was already arrested once. Tracking my sis down to her parent's house from university and calling the landline repeatedly is a bit much. We're surrounded by 11 acres of empty land here. It's pretty spooky if you're scared of a stalker because there's nothing around us lol.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
You can never take those situations too lightly, because there will always be the chance the person snaps or does something that can't be fixed
Scary stuff though....hope your sister is feeling okay : o

Jasou

Smash Ace
I think the stalker needed psychiatric help rather than an arrest. They're just not right in the head. I don't think they were a physical threat (though my sister feels otherwise).

But still. This person was already arrested once. Tracking my sis down to her parent's house from university and calling the landline repeatedly is a bit much. We're surrounded by 11 acres of empty land here. It's pretty spooky if you're scared of a stalker because there's nothing around us lol.
It's good that it was solved. My sister gets amazingly paranoid by this stuff. Even if it's just something over the internet.

Smash Master
I don't care if this gets me fired. I want to carve his eyes out of his head. My stress level is at maximium. I've literally been twitching all day. Yet he won't shut up.

Edit: apparently I carved a hole in my skin with my bare hands and didn't even realize it. I was just trying to feel something else as discreetly as possible, but to no avail. I eventually had to leave so I could scream at the top of my lungs. I remember telling soemone "I can't keep doing this." He responded "You can. That's the tragedy." I agree.

D

Deleted member

I just stumbled across our Christmas presents for this year, and there's a pony each for my sister and me.

As a brony, I find this extremely embarrassing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm unhappy because EA is making me pay for 3 months of something just to play 30 days they said they were providing for free

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
You can never take those situations too lightly, because there will always be the chance the person snaps or does something that can't be fixed
Scary stuff though....hope your sister is feeling okay : o
Yeah, I guess it's best to play it safe with unstable people. Either way, this will hopefully be the end of it all. Think my sister's feeling better since the police are being pro-active and I'm always in the house anyway. No idea how long it'll take the police to find this person. We noticed random computer pieces discarded outside our driveway today but assumed it's unrelated. Otherwise, I'm gonna get nervous too... :s

It's good that it was solved. My sister gets amazingly paranoid by this stuff. Even if it's just something over the internet.
Yeah, so does my sister lol. She had a panic attack when she realised she was talking to the stalker on the phone. I think a lot of people would have waited longer before seeking the police but meh. Tough luck they chose an anxious person with a zero-tolerance attitude.

I'm also unhappy because I hate facebook. Sucks it's the only way I keep contact with some people because I feel like deleting it.

Jasou

Smash Ace
I just stumbled across our Christmas presents for this year, and there's a pony each for my sister and me.

As a brony, I find this extremely embarrassing.
Ah, I know that feeling sort of. I was wearing a panda hoodie once and my mom said "I like that on you, it makes you look fainthearted." I never wanted to wear it again.

oh wow, I guess I just embarrassed myself on here too. Oh well, idrc about my reputation here anymore.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ah, I know that feeling sort of. I was wearing a panda hoodie once and my mom said "I like that on you, it makes you look fainthearted." I never wanted to wear it again.

oh wow, I guess I just embarrassed myself on here too. Oh well, idrc about my reputation here anymore.
Pffffttttt, I bet it looked mad cute :3

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I don't care if this gets me fired. I want to carve his eyes out of his head. My stress level is at maximium. I've literally been twitching all day. Yet he won't shut up.

Edit: apparently I carved a hole in my skin with my bare hands and didn't even realize it. I was just trying to feel something else as discreetly as possible, but to no avail. I eventually had to leave so I could scream at the top of my lungs. I remember telling soemone "I can't keep doing this." He responded "You can. That's the tragedy." I agree.
I think you should just kill yourself.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Yeah, I guess it's best to play it safe with unstable people. Either way, this will hopefully be the end of it all. Think my sister's feeling better since the police are being pro-active and I'm always in the house anyway. No idea how long it'll take the police to find this person. We noticed random computer pieces discarded outside our driveway today but assumed it's unrelated. Otherwise, I'm gonna get nervous too... :s
Good luck! And I hope this all gets worked out ASAP!

Jasou

Smash Ace
My mom is super stressed and yelling at my dad and it's all because the family is being royal doucebags/full of themselves and emailing us blaming us for lieing and all this bullshet.

It's also stressing my sister out like fk, she's tempted to go block our parents emails which could make it worse. When my mom gets stressed/mad like this we get nothing done and it's like this for a few days. I don't fking care about presents and all that crap this Christmas, I just fking want everyone to be happy. I wish people knew when to fk off and stop making up bull****!

and I also have a group of friends coming over to play melee today......... and now because my parents are breaking things I think I will call my friends and tell them to not come over.

Smash Master
I kinda feel like a Saw victim before the trap activates. Everything is so futile but I have to keep doing it because the tiny flicker of hope I have left is enough to keep going when the consequences of failure are so dire. I'm pretty sure if I wasn't also so anxious I'd be lying in bed for weeks on end from depression. I tried a mood elevator once (Paxil). It didn't taper the anxiety enough and I started throwing chairs in the middle of class and got suspended for 10 days. I'm worried that the same thing will happen here, but there's nothing left to try.

I have plenty of fair-weather friends, but smashboards is the only thing I can yell at when I'm not in a good mood, which is pretty much all the time these days.

Smash Master
I've thought about it. I don't have time to look for a new job in a new field right now, since this old job takes a lot of my time, and I can't up and quit this job without a backup plan since cold and starving on the street, yada yada yada. It's kind of the whole source of the stress is that I have to keep this job or else the sky will fall.

Gearing up for another 24 hour shift. I just want to be dead.

Smash Master
Can't afford it. Was supposed to be on company insurance after 90 days but I should have guessed that it wouldn't happen that way. Anyway there's no way to convince the doctor to prescribe me drugs.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Can't afford it. Was supposed to be on company insurance after 90 days but I should have guessed that it wouldn't happen that way. Anyway there's no way to convince the doctor to prescribe me drugs.
If you're half as off your rocker as your posts indicate then it shouldn't be hard at all to get a doctor to prescribe you something if you could afford a visit.

Jasou

Smash Ace
Yeah you should get help #'s. You always sound stressed or at least most of the time and it does not sound healthy at all. My dad was stressed as crap from his job/boss so he quit and he's a lot better now, but I'm not sure about your situation.

Smash Master
I've been like this for over a decade now. I obviously don't exude my stress outward so much seeing as I'm able to hold a job, which is what worries me most about getting a doctor to give me pills. I know I need them, but nobody else does IRL. I mean I don't even know what I can say. I know I need help. I want to be happy. But nobody can help me if the past is any indication.

I'll prolly get a couple phone calls today. I can't imagine they actually want to talk to me. They just want the satisfaction of having made someone happy. It's so naive. I'll prolly play along for their sake but really it's like throwing a tennis ball at a boulder rolling downhill. I'm so far gone that holiday cheer does nothing.

I used to be honest when I got phone calls. I would tell my parents how stressed I was at college and mom would tell me to snap out of it and dad would offer to come visit and cook me a meal. Now I just pretend that everything's fine.

Top Bottom