• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm really tired of people everywhere who are just completely ****ing negative. Everybody has their moments, but I find so many people who are unwilling to try new things, unwilling to give people a chance, and unwilling to actually try before they take something as a lost cause.

As lucky as I know I am with everything I've ever had and continue to have, I've got plenty of **** in my life, too. There are things (well, mostly one singular thing) which I want more than anything that I know will never turn out to be what I want them to be, and I still very, very rarely have days on which I feel as negative as some people seem to be on a regular basis. Having been an extremely pessimistic person once, I understand that it's not that easy to change your attitude, but...seriously? It's like some people just want to be unhappy about everything.

Of course, it is somewhat ironic that I'm complaining about people being negative, but whatever, I felt the need to vent that.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hey Firus did you get a girlfriend or something?

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I'm spending the day with a friend of mine on Friday and I just found out that she is seeing someone. We agreed before that she and I would be just friends and I'm pretty sure I don't have any romantic feelings for her, but for some reason I'm still disappointed.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Probably because you have romantic feelings for her and don't realise it.

Alot of the time people don't realise they're attracted to someone of the opposite sex. The enjoyment you get out of the friendship is probably attraction, but because you didn't consciously acknowledge it as a crush you don't think of it that way.

I think a lot of people, particularly guys have what I call 'secondary crushes'. What I mean by these are people who you don't consciously think you have a crush on or pursure, but if they asked you out or came onto you you wouldn't refuse. These are generally nice, attractive people who are universally attractive.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol, no...why?
Oh was just throwing thoughts around about how you could do such a quick 180 into sunshine and daisies, and romance is usually the number one suspect.

Since that's not true, I assume you had sex, are on some kind of drug, or read some good literature.

If none of this is the case, then I am at a loss.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh was just throwing thoughts around about how you could do such a quick 180 into sunshine and daisies, and romance is usually the number one suspect.

Since that's not true, I assume you had sex, are on some kind of drug, or read some good literature.

If none of this is the case, then I am at a loss.
Well, it happened like, 9 months ago, but yeah...none of those are the case. I wrote that big*** blog back in like May or whatever about that whole thing.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Probably because you have romantic feelings for her and don't realise it.

Alot of the time people don't realise they're attracted to someone of the opposite sex. The enjoyment you get out of the friendship is probably attraction, but because you didn't consciously acknowledge it as a crush you don't think of it that way.

I think a lot of people, particularly guys have what I call 'secondary crushes'. What I mean by these are people who you don't consciously think you have a crush on or pursure, but if they asked you out or came onto you you wouldn't refuse. These are generally nice, attractive people who are universally attractive.
I don't know. I think it may be more because I know that she likes me as to me liking her. As shallow as it sounds I like it when girls are attracted to me, and it bothers me to know now some other guy is getting her affection. In fact for as long as I've known her I've always been the favorite ''guy'' in her life, I guess I'm just bothered to see that change.

You could be right about the whole secondary crush though. Most(all really) of my best friends are female, and I've always thought the love I've felt for them was strictly platonic, I'm not sure anymore though. My best friend and I broke up a few months back and I'm still constantly thinking of her. Logically that just doesn't seem like a platonic love, no matter how strong it is.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I have a shirt that says "I hate myself and I want to die". I usually wear it to be funny because it's bright and colorful with hearts all over it. sometimes I really do feel like that though, like right now for instance :(

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I tend to attempt to trash talk people on CoD when they're bothering me, only I'm awful at it and just end up making an *** of myself. Really brings my mood down after I do it. :/

Strife

Banned via Warnings
This is too bad.

So that friend who I was supposed to go out with today told me that she's inviting another friend to come with us. I was taking time off work to spend the day with her because we've been through a few fights and we were drifting a part, this was our chance to reconnect, which I'm guessing now was not her aim. This is NOT what we agreed on(planned from two weeks ago) and I'm not spending the entire day out with her and her friend, I'll have to call her and cancel which sucks because I have bailed on her a few times before and I feel like by doing this again I may be ending our friendship. Even though I know I'm in the right, I still I feel bad, but I just don't want to go, I'd rather go to work and make some progress in my project.

It'll suck if I lose this friend, especially as I'm already detaching myself from another friend, but I've found that after graduating from college I simply don't need my friends as much anymore(maybe it's because I have a laptop now), it'll be unfortunate if we part ways but there not such a big part of my life anymore, I know I'll be fine without them and they'll be fine without me. 5 months ago, I would have went with her despite everything without hesitation. It's still too bad though.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
First time I've dealt with an overly competitive student since I can remember. I'm not even mad, just surprised. This guy, seriously. It boggles the mind! Maybe I'm being mean, but I can't help notice he's originally from Cambridge university. Full of himself, rude, cut throat and a liar that's willing to screw anybody over if it gives an advantage. After asking around, it seems others have had/heard of similar experiences with him. I don't know how to deal with someone like this other than to not speak with him. Every time I look at him now I just want to roll my eyes lol.

My friends used to tell me I'm too trusting/nice to strangers. It's never affected me till now. Not sure I've learned my lesson from this experience though. :c

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I'm not spending the entire day out with her and her friend, I'll have to call her and cancel ... Even though I know I'm in the right ...
eh? People change and move on but I don't see why you're "in the right" by demanding an entire night alone with someone you're admittedly not that close to. Best case scenario, you're not her only friend she wants to reconnect with. Worst case scenario, you've been unconsciously projecting that romantic attraction to her, and she brought a friend along cause you creep her out.

Solution: go hang out with both and relentlessly hit on her friend.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
eh? People change and move on but I don't see why you're "in the right" by demanding an entire night alone with someone you're admittedly not that close to. Best case scenario, you're not her only friend she wants to reconnect with. Worst case scenario, you've been unconsciously projecting that romantic attraction to her, and she brought a friend along cause you creep her out.

Solution: go hang out with both and relentlessly hit on her friend.
After thinking about it a bit, I don't think there is a right or wrong here. It's probably closer to a 50/50 where I'm neither wrong right nor wrong for going out with her or bailing on her.

What I will say though is she in the wrong for doing what she did. It would have been fine if she asked me to go with her yesterday and then told me today that she is bring a friend a long, but this is something we planned out nearly 3 weeks ago. If she wanted to bring a friend along then she should have confirmed that was ok with me before doing so, and if she wanted to bring a friend along regardless of whether or not I approve of it(which is ok, since it's her life) then she should have told me that long in advance instead of telling me this the night before! I planned and altered my schedule around this event, so for her to change it like that is kinda bull****.

I'm not interested in hitting on her or her friend. I'll go back to work for a halfday, I'm behind on stuff and it'd be nice to catch up.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I don't even know what I'm feeling anymore. I can't tell and I don't care. I can't distract myself from my feelings anymore with games.
I feel real similar to this. I don't know who I am or what my life is supposed to be about anymore.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
It's hard for me to sleep now because I read something disturbing. For some reason, even if I try extremely hard to think about something else, pictures just pop into my head.

Thing is, I get really curious about good scary stuff, such as creepypastas... then it all bites me in the *** because I was being dumb. :|

Not that I'm totally devastated or anything, I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I hate that I work in two different departments and I share two computers with two different people. Just a few months ago I didn't have to worry about going to work and not having a computer. I don't like this.

I want the change.

i dunno how to initiate changes in myself or get myself to do the things i know i should
Do you love yourself?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I hate that I work in two different departments and I share two computers with two different people. Just a few months ago I didn't have to worry about going to work and not having a computer. I don't like this.

Do you love yourself?
That is a pretty meaningless question...but, there are aspects of myself that I love and aspects of myself that I hate. And it changes with time. Anyone who claims to only love or only hate is full of crap.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I'm interested to know why you asked this question, because I don't see a connection.
I think there is a pretty strong connection actually. People who don't love themselves tend not to do as much to better themselves as people who love themselves do. It's common sense actually, you'll do more for someone you love, rather than someone you don't love/hate, even if that person is yourself.

That is a pretty meaningless question...but, there are aspects of myself that I love and aspects of myself that I hate. And it changes with time. Anyone who claims to only love or only hate is full of crap.
Almost seems like you're being evasive. Love and hate are very strong words, there are in fact people who don't hate anythings about themselves, even if they possess certain traits they dislike.

And would you say love yourself more than you hate yourself?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
"in fact"? how can you be sure what anyone else feels about themselves?

I can't really quantify intangible concepts like love and hate to the point where I can measure them against one another. Emotions are not math or science. Sometimes I hate myself and everyone. Sometimes I love myself and everyone. To talk about myself in absolutes, as if every new day doesn't bring something new that changes or affects my psyche, is meaningless conjecture. It's all circumstantial. I feel like I'm on Oprah right now.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
"in fact"? how can you be sure what anyone else feels about themselves?

I can't really quantify intangible concepts like love and hate to the point where I can measure them against one another. Emotions are not math or science. Sometimes I hate myself and everyone. Sometimes I love myself and everyone. To talk about myself in absolutes, as if every new day doesn't bring something new that changes or affects my psyche, is meaningless conjecture. It's all circumstantial. I feel like I'm on Oprah right now.
I suppose you're right that I shouldn't claim it is a fact. It just seems so obvious that I feel kinda silly saying that it's in my opinion or that it's what I believe.

I'm not sure if you understanding the consensual concept of love and hate. What you are describing is your mood,(what upsets you today and what does upset you tomorrow); and that is independent of your love or hate for anything. You're not going to love someone today and hate them tomorrow unless that person has changed or you have changed. (I'll stop there as I'm not trying to debate this)

If you don't want to answer the question then don't bother geesh.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
What I'm saying is that I very much can and do have conflicting feelings towards the same thing over time. One day I will feel love and acceptance towards a person, or a facet of that person, and the next day that feeling will be gone.

I can't answer "do I love myself" because there are so many different and constantly changing factors that make up what my "self" is. I prefer to distance myself from the concept of "self" altogether. I can't take one part of me and use that to define what some intangible "self" is. Life is not that simple. People are transient, and that's why I can love someone at one point in time and hate them at another point in time. I also feel weird using the words love and hate because that implies a stronger emotion behind what I'm trying to get across.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
^ Well that makes sense enough I guess.

On topic: I really wish that I didn't have such a paper thin bladder. And I wish my body didn't crave so much food. I really hate my body.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I'm starting to enter another one of my occasional "God I hate myself" cycles, I think. There's a'gonna be a lotta apathy, lethargy, and general demotivation in Zookville for a while.

In an unrelated story, I've had of Montreal on the mind as of late. It's starting to annoy me.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I feel so empty inside, I'm trying to do things to make me not feel so empty but it's to exhausting.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a broken tooth

Meanwhile, my insurance company, which JUST said I was covered, rejected my last claim saying I wasn't being covered by them.

SO, I may have to go to the dentist without ANY kind of coverage

Smash Master
This kind of thing makes me unhappy.
Are you ****ing kidding me? It's pretty obvious he's saying you can't tell how people feel about themselves except that it's not composed entirely of love and it's not composed entirely of hate. Like, english is your first language right? This isn't confusing sentence structure or anything. You're just stupid. And that's gonna make you defensive and whatever. I don't care. Take solace in the fact that it's not just you. It's like as soon as anyone on the internet comes across a branch statement, you just quit; return false;. Why is that? What mechanism has evolved to make that level of profound goffersrash acceptable, let alone favorable? I don't even know what to call it. Do we have a word for describing someone who is incapable of logically navigating a single if clause, because there seems to be a lot of you?

Edit: my avatar takes away from the poignancy of my rants I think.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Need new game. Played the heck out of the ones I have...

On a more serious note, a cute girl I've been talking to has been sick since Monday. I'm nervous if I should call her to talk cause I don't want her to know that I care a considerate amount for her.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Are you ****ing kidding me? It's pretty obvious he's saying you can't tell how people feel about themselves except that it's not composed entirely of love and it's not composed entirely of hate. Like, english is your first language right? This isn't confusing sentence structure or anything. You're just stupid. And that's gonna make you defensive and whatever. I don't care. Take solace in the fact that it's not just you. It's like as soon as anyone on the internet comes across a branch statement, you just quit; return false;. Why is that? What mechanism has evolved to make that level of profound goffersrash acceptable, let alone favorable? I don't even know what to call it. Do we have a word for describing someone who is incapable of logically navigating a single if clause, because there seems to be a lot of you?

Edit: my avatar takes away from the poignancy of my rants I think.
Goffersrash is not a word!!! /defensive

Are you joking though? I can't tell if you're being serious because it seems that based on my one sentence, you've managed to create an entire psychological profile for me...which is a fairly illogical thing to do. Also, am I supposed to be insulted or what? Upset maybe? Am I supposed to say "Oh man I better check myself and work on my logical navigation of discussions so random smasher #8027 doesn't call me stupid anymore"? "Oh man, screw this guy for calling me stupid and throwing me into one of his little boxes of judgment!! FROTAZ SMASH!!!!!!"? I just don't get what you're even doing...I've never seen somebody get so mad over one sentence before so forgive me if I am having a hard time taking it seriously.

By the way, my first language is Ebonics, you jive turkey.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Goffersrash is not a word!!! /defensive

Are you joking though? I can't tell if you're being serious because it seems that based on my one sentence, you've managed to create an entire psychological profile for me...which is a fairly illogical thing to do. Also, am I supposed to be insulted or what? Upset maybe? Am I supposed to say "Oh man I better check myself and work on my logical navigation of discussions so random smasher #8027 doesn't call me stupid anymore"? "Oh man, screw this guy for calling me stupid and throwing me into one of his little boxes of judgment!! FROTAZ SMASH!!!!!!"? I just don't get what you're even doing...I've never seen somebody get so mad over one sentence before so forgive me if I am having a hard time taking it seriously.

By the way, my first language is Ebonics, you jive turkey.
Could we not bring the dumb semantic arguments into the thread. This is a complaint thread.

Top Bottom