• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Idk. I was just contact for a very good job position. The problem is that I interviewed for this position almost 2 months ago, and I botched the interview. I have no problem trying again, it's just that if I go back to the interview and I am interviewed by the same people are they even going to give me a fair chance? I was very excited about this, but now I am disheartened :(

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Might as well give it a try, you've got nothing to lose, right?

Plus, you've already done the interview once, so you'll have an edge.
You're right, I have absolutely nothing to lose; and from what my recruiter told me it should be a different hiring manager.

In other news I'm gonna have a ****-load to do, this weekend. I'm going to have to have results for my current supervisor and Monday. The anxious feelings I've managed to suppress all week are coming back to me now.

Edit: Getting results shouldn't be too bad. I just have to finish what i should have done today tomorrow. I'm a worrywort, I'll worry even if it's not warranted.

Jasou

Smash Ace
You're right, I have absolutely nothing to lose; and from what my recruiter told me it should be a different hiring manager.

In other news I'm gonna have a ****-load to do, this weekend. I'm going to have to have results for my current supervisor and Monday. The anxious feelings I've managed to suppress all week are coming back to me now.

Edit: Getting results shouldn't be too bad. I just have to finish what i should have done today tomorrow. I'm a worrywort, I'll worry even if it's not warranted.
gl strife, i hope it all works out

Strife

Banned via Warnings
gl strife, i hope it all works out
Thanks, he expects to hear back from them early next week, so we'll see what happens. I definitely won't botch the interview this time.

Sometimes I just want a break from life.
I've felt that way constantly for like the last 5 years. I don't think there is any simple way to correct these kinds of feelings.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Hey there Unhappy thread, haven't seen you a while, how's it been ;)

So, I've been talking to someone for a little bit now and I really like him, and I do know he likes me. Next year I can take the bio course I want near him, so it gives me a great reason to move out near him. This is all fantastic, but I don't know how to study. I've never wanted or needed to until recently, and now it's kicking me really hard. I want to go move out to Chicago and see him and all that, but without those grades I just can't and I lose him :(. I really do care for him, maybe even love, who knows, but he's a good guy and it'd be terrible if this stopped me from being the luckiest person alive.

RATED

Smash Lord
hi

asdflasdl

My mom had an accident at home and now she has the knee and probably full leg fractured so that she can Barely walk :/ . I been taking care of her since yesterday morning.

Question: do you think that getting interested on someone that you meet online is normal? or just weird and creepy?

we havent meet on person bcuz of some stuff that have happened to me, like the situation with my mom, that we had plans to meet this weekend but cant cuz I can't leave mom alone. Still, this feels weird, she's a great person( Know her online since kinda a long time and have friends in common IRL) but you know its online, even though we live in a reasonable distance ( 1 hour car trip).

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
RATED: no one can judge your feelings. One hour by car is much less than many people have tried in long-distance relationships. If it's meant to happen, it will happen. Good luck <3

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hey there Unhappy thread, haven't seen you a while, how's it been ;)

So, I've been talking to someone for a little bit now and I really like him, and I do know he likes me. Next year I can take the bio course I want near him, so it gives me a great reason to move out near him. This is all fantastic, but I don't know how to study. I've never wanted or needed to until recently, and now it's kicking me really hard. I want to go move out to Chicago and see him and all that, but without those grades I just can't and I lose him :(. I really do care for him, maybe even love, who knows, but he's a good guy and it'd be terrible if this stopped me from being the luckiest person alive.
I say just keep in touch with the guy, try to convince him and if you are true to each other then he should understand, I'm guessing you can't transfer your grades or credits right?

Also, you've got somebody else right? ;)

:phone:

RATED

Smash Lord
RATED: no one can judge your feelings. One hour by car is much less than many people have tried in long-distance relationships. If it's meant to happen, it will happen. Good luck <3
Thanks :) and yeah now that I think about it is a "close" distance. She also studies kinda near of where I used to lived so that will be our meeting point probably this friday or next monday(not tomorrow)

Strife

Banned via Warnings
so I'm interested in a friend, but she told me she might try being lesbian. . . :D
Until she declares that she is a lesbian and has absolutely no interest in you, keep going for it!

camerino1

Smash Lord
I say just keep in touch with the guy, try to convince him and if you are true to each other then he should understand, I'm guessing you can't transfer your grades or credits right?

Also, you've got somebody else right? ;)

I can't, I'm in high school and I'm going there for University. I think I have somebody else, why don't you tell me? ;)

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Generally very annoyed with a lot of personal matters in life at the moment, which are making myself depressed. I am also having to wait for my online class to re-open seeing as it apparently does some maintenance-thing from 3-4 AM, no sleep tonight~

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
This is a relatively small complaint, but I get to spend my birthday in bed, sniffling, coughing, and blowing my nose. And missing classes.

Ah, colds.

RATED

Smash Lord
hi

asdflasdl

My mom had an accident at home and now she has the knee and probably full leg fractured so that she can Barely walk :/ . I been taking care of her since yesterday morning.

Question: do you think that getting interested on someone that you meet online is normal? or just weird and creepy?

we havent meet on person bcuz of some stuff that have happened to me, like the situation with my mom, that we had plans to meet this weekend but cant cuz I can't leave mom alone. Still, this feels weird, she's a great person( Know her online since kinda a long time and have friends in common IRL) but you know its online, even though we live in a reasonable distance ( 1 hour car trip).
Thanks :) and yeah now that I think about it is a "close" distance. She also studies kinda near of where I used to lived so that will be our meeting point probably this friday or next monday(not tomorrow)

FML. This is a coincidence and probably the story of my life. I have this friend who... is in love with her. However I plan on being selfish once in my life and if I have to see him sad, I will.

It seems that I can't have feeling for another person before someone else does.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
FML. This is a coincidence and probably the story of my life. I have this friend who... is in love with her. However I plan on being selfish once in my life and if I have to see him sad, I will.

It seems that I can't have feeling for another person before someone else does.
Sometimes proactivity is just best... I was always the person to step down to other people's happiness. You find at a point in your life that no one is ever going to pay you back for those kindnesses.

Shrouded: Happy birthday! I'm getting sick as well. Hope it's the best it can be, celebrate the first chance you get.

RATED

Smash Lord
Sometimes proactivity is just best... I was always the person to step down to other people's happiness. You find at a point in your life that no one is ever going to pay you back for those kindnesses.
Yeah I'm the same, I had step down to other people's happiness a lot in my life too and for once I don't really want to. Why? enough is enough. No one ever has said me... not even "thanks" for it.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium

Shrouded: Happy birthday! I'm getting sick as well. Hope it's the best it can be, celebrate the first chance you get.
Thanks! I'm watching some Genesis videos, so right now, I'm enjoying it enough.

And I agree. If you see something you want, you should go for it. Otherwise, you'll regret it. And besides, I think that one should in most cases consider their own happiness above someone else's. This is one of those cases.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Been getting ****ed up by one person after another.
Even though none of the things were allegedly intended, I still get pissed off and it feels like my ability to trust in people is getting worse =/

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Pretty much. I just realized that. I always thought karma would take care of me, but..

one day I'm afraid I'm going to wake up and see that I've lost tons of opportunities because I backed down to another. Living for yourself is really hard sometimes, not really sure why. I struggle with it everyday.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
It looks like I may not be able to get a high paying job in my field without a car, which sucks because I kinda need to get a better paying job before I can afford to GET my license, but I can't get that better job without having my driver's license first. ****!

Strife

Banned via Warnings
It looks like I may not be able to get a high paying job in my field without a car, which sucks because I kinda need to get a better paying job before I can afford to GET my license, but I can't get that better job without having my driver's license first. ****!
F*UCK! :mad:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I miss my night club that I went to every week. Got shut down...it was like a 2nd home for me. Got in free, promoted the club, and got payed to basically go to the place I loved. Extremely close to home (I have no car to drive anywhere) :(. Brings me down...

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I'm taking a sick day from work. I've been late before but I've never missed an entire day, I just hope my boss doesn't think less of me because of this. My boss really likes me, but everyone has their limits.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'm taking a sick day from work. I've been late before but I've never missed an entire day, I just hope my boss doesn't think less of me because of this. My boss really likes me, but everyone has their limits.
Sadly if you go to work that often, the entire day your off the only thing you'll be thinking of is being back at work :S

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Sunday morning I entered a contest on Youtube for a beta code to play Ratchet and Clank All 4 One early. If any of you guys follow this title you would know that Insomniac games made a closed beta last week and gave out codes via Facebook/Twitter. I don't use these sites...ever...on top that, I found this event on a late notice so no code for me.

Now for the contest...

I was sent a message THE DAY I WAS DECLARED THE WINNER to reply within 2 days for the code or else someone else would take it. I reply on the SAME DAY, so I'm thinking "I can't wait to play Ratchet".

Next day...

I check my inbox. Guess what I find? Nothing. I check this guy's channel and find that he's was online a FEW MINUTES AGO! "Bro, did you not check your inbox?" I send TWO messages to him right away basically saying "I want my code..."

Present day...

I check my inbox. 1 new message which said: "Sorry it's been two days with no replies, so I gave the code to someone else."

"Go **** yourself" *unsubscribes*

In conclusion, don't be THAT guy. If you're that kind of guy and I find you hanging from a cliff...

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I'm trying to see if a certain organization has any job openings I'd be a good fit for and the page is refusing to load. I'm annoyed.

RATED

Smash Lord
Pretty much. I just realized that. I always thought karma would take care of me, but..

one day I'm afraid I'm going to wake up and see that I've lost tons of opportunities because I backed down to another. Living for yourself is really hard sometimes, not really sure why. I struggle with it everyday.
kinda update. We are meeting this saturday. It was going to be tomorrow but since she was sick yesterday and today she's recovering, we moved it out to saturday.

and lol why i'm posting this in the unhappy thread.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
It seems selfish of me not to upload a picture of myself for my FB profile if my long distances friends say that they would like to see me, right?

But I hate the way I look, in pictures and in general. I hate it to the point of never wanting to take pictures. So...blegh.
Yeah it is selfish. I think I told you before you can upload a picture without looking at it. It's ok though, if you're willing to damage the relationships over something as silly as not liking the way you look then those relationships probably weren't very important to you to begin with.

My life: I disappointed my supervisor yet again. I just can't do everything. I need to hurry and get a new job already.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well, I uploaded one for my Skype profile, and she seemed very happy.

Uh...it wasn't a deal breaker to begin with, that was just me worrying too much. And she's extremely important to me.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Sadly if you go to work that often, the entire day your off the only thing you'll be thinking of is being back at work :S
Yep, I'm in a similar situation, actually I've never taken a day of work in like 3 years or so, not including holidays, I actually can't wait to finally use of my vacation time, it's been rough but should be well worth it without thinking about work so much.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Bored, I can't think of anything to entertain myself. And feeling down.

Edit: I really hate that everyone and then I see these little insects crawling around in my room. I really need to clean up.

RATED

Smash Lord
kinda update. We are meeting this saturday. It was going to be tomorrow but since she was sick yesterday and today she's recovering, we moved it out to saturday.

and lol why i'm posting this in the unhappy thread.
Update: :(

It went worse than I expected. Smashboards is the first to know bcuz srsly I don't have the mood neither the "power"to talk about this.

I went there to the mall, waited for her to arrive. Saw the friend of mine pass by where I was but really noticed till later. So here's the catch, we meet then like 10 minutes later he appears we start talking and then I notice something... she seemed into him. Well, then like 40 minutes later, they stand up and tell me that they are leaving. I was like WTF is this, I come a long way to meet someone just to talk like 55 minutes? Ok we bye each other.

I went for a walk inside the mall before leaving and BOOM I was on my way to check out what's new on gamestop and they came out of the gamestop grabbing hands... FML.

You know... could have told that the "meet" was going to be 55 minutes talk and the "other details". alskjdfalksjdfa

-end of rant-

long story short: I fail.

Top Bottom