• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The UK Brawl Thread. News Flash: Hurricane Rev's session - Feb -19/02/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Ed bringing the banter made me laugh I wont lie.

Im interested in hosting something up here later in the year, its a packed few months yet but Im interested in hosting something up here later in the year. I'd get alot of support hosting it from Euan, Ryan, and me mates from Paisley cannies eh :confused: so it would run smooth as ****. We need more hosters for sure.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Except my second last post agreed entirely with what ant had posted AND your post shows that you havent listened to anything. Ive noted their are brawl players just not enough buzzing about like your saying to demand their own tournaments nor are they actually doing that!

Your not me...maybe thats the problem :/ sorry ben it aint ur fault ;_;
Wow. I'm sorry to see this side of you Ed :laugh:. you're usually a nice guy

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
SPAM+ BANTER= EPIC FAIL
I agree. Banter is meant to be a moment of written/verbal/physical self expression, and for it to be wasted on a pointless message is a waste of banter and if anyone is involved in this activity they deserve the greatest punishment, which is take away their BANTER!

i lv ant =o
Get your own chinese man, I saw him first.

crewster

Smash Lord
Awww. I have a ergo championship on that day and a reggata the day before.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
the only way they'd be losing money is if 5 of them turned up to it.
it sounds like a complete waste of time and the guy is just trying to pocket money, but it's up to you. i think you should just £50 mm him rather than entering the tourney, rofl.

crewster

Smash Lord
2 brawl matches of my luigi vs metaknight currently being uploaded onto youtube. Non-WiFi. The MK is so spammy, he spams the whorenadoe so much.

crewster

Smash Lord
He isn't. He's just so F**king annoying. I can't do anything.
Anyway it has commentary and is a trailer for a "podcast" that I am doing with him

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Actually does Luigi have a counter to the tornado? I know Zelda (my main) has a fair few but off the top of my head I can't think of any for Luigi. I'm guessing fireball gets cancelled and he doesn't have great reach. I was cancelling a CPUs tornado with non-sweet spotted kicks lol

And I agree no Johns. But can we call them Bens from now on? (lol hes gonna kill me from this especially if people start doing it to him)

Wuv u Ben :):):):laugh:

crewster

Smash Lord
people who use the period to get past the censor dodge are lame.
I Don't know how to do it otherwize but IDC

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Just played a lvl 9 (yes i know bad opponent blah blah blah). Luigi really sux bad .... but

I was cutting through the tornado. You need to aim for the top corner and hit a forward air back air. I managed to hit him through it several times with both moves. Problem was when the tornado started on my shield or close to me there was nothing i could do but shield and try and buffer a roll.

The spamming was pretty gay but from what I've just been doing one thing to try would be using ur floatiness and air mobility to space back airs. But you can't go through his forward/back air i don't think.

Fireball also sux, or am I just using it wrong? What are you meant to do with it lol.

Edit: I meant space RETREATING back airs. They're good imo.

crewster

Smash Lord
Fireball is much like falcos lazer. use it to intrupt and stun.
Luigi doesn't suck, he just sux in your hands.

Tamoo

Smash Master
yah, luigi is awesome
and the main strategy I use is to attack either the beginning or the end of the move
this is cos the priority increases towards the middle of the move iirc
if i cannot attack within this window, i just take the battering to the shield.
and yeah, I just use fireballs to either provoke the opponent to attack or in the middle of arial combos when they get hit away from me to stun them there so I can approach again

Aiko

Smash Champion
I don't know about you but I call it a full stop. With the tornado you can just sheild it and punish afterwards
this purely depends on the level of play. Poor players (and from the sounds of it, your mate) will not space this correctly and will land quite close to you, so as ben suggested, shield and punish.

However, good players will hit with the tornado and then fly to somewhere safe so its virtually unpunishiable, since the lag isn't that long. If you try to chase him when he flies away, he can react to this and go for you again :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom