• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The UK Brawl Thread. News Flash: Hurricane Rev's session - Feb -19/02/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
But you want to be a Mod for the luigi SSBB. So not only do you play a fail game, but you want to be someone who looks after the fail game and manages it.
That is like x3 fail in life.
You lot should learn from TC, he used to play brawl and now he plays melee mostly, he is amazing. Your not.

P.S. - You didn't sum up my life story because you obviously didn't take into account that I play melee and not brawl.
lool I've always played both, its just that I only played melee 10x more than brawl after TKI. (so you're right on that bit bbz :o)

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
That's why it makes sense.
Now let's stop before this thread gets closed.
It won't, it's actually a discussion now roooofl.
Rev should change the topic title to "come in and read some fail posts, we have plenty." my god.

It's funny that you backed out when P.Pro was about to make an amazing banter post, but decided to withold his banter though.

I think you should stop flaming people, it just lands you in a pile of ****.

crewster

Smash Lord
Da Man posts! Pro's going to come and say you have failed.
Anyway I am no longer using marth and am useing Ike (as well as luigi)

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Nah I'll fail when I start taking drugs, and that will never happen.

You don't use Marth anymore? He's better than Ike. Least Mario is still my No.1 main.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It won't, it's actually a discussion now roooofl.
Rev should change the topic title to "come in and read some fail posts, we have plenty." my god.

It's funny that you backed out when P.Pro was about to make an amazing banter post, but decided to withold his banter though.

I think you should stop flaming people, it just lands you in a pile of ****.
looool I agree, I dont think some people realize the power of

The Kings Of Banter
Zeppo - The King (The King Of Banter)
PDOT - The Quick Burn (Tactics - Burn quick and effectively)
Foulplay - The Twister (Tactics -Twist the burn onto you)
TC - The Manipulator (Tactics - Changes up your words and your point)
Professor Pro - The feelings (Tactics - Aims for others feelings in his posts)

I know other people have banter but these are the kings of banter

Potential people to enter 'The Banter Kings'

Interia - The quickest banter improvement I have seen
Koop_88 - Funny banter and its for the banter

People who will never enter

Charles - He is a mod so he cant have the banter
VA - Saying this mainly for the banter
Bullet Bill -This guy is a disgrace to anything that includes banter.

crewster

Smash Lord
These people don't like wifi. Stupid Bast- anyway there's this tourny that I'm in called pro brawl tournys, I would join it if I were you. It's in my social group list.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
These people don't like wifi. Stupid Bast- anyway.
There goes my hope of almost-lag-free matches then >_>.

Porblem is i'm getting tired of fighting Americans cause of major lag, and I can't afford to travel around the UK. No driver's license i'm afraid :(.

Also i'm not exatly pro but i'm close to that status.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
crewster just leave the melee players, they only come to the brawl thread because their threads are as boring as the game they play.

None of this melee vs brawl business mr. pro, I'd just tear melee apart and bring light to the fact that you guys still aren't even good even though the game has been out for well over half a decade (with the exception of fuzzyness).

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
crewster just leave the melee players, they only come to the brawl thread because their threads are as boring as the game they play.

None of this melee vs brawl business mr. pro, I'd just tear melee apart and bring light to the fact that you guys still aren't even good even though the game has been out for well over half a decade (with the exception of fuzzyness).
Meh I quit Melee not long after Brawl came out. Brawl is so much better than Melee.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Oooooo this is some serious talk:). Love it. I'll just have to beat you at any game then next time I see you guys:). Yes even ping pong. You will soon see the error of your ways for thinking brawl is better then melee lol. FTB.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool You must be jokin around in this posts to make a points like that. Melee is untearable anyway its not **** like brawl, unless you can give me a reason why brawl is better then melee lol.

lol that's true.
loool Coming from the failure of the UK who actually knows nothing about anything except for............exce........except.......except fff.....forrr.........BRAWL ONLINE BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Tamoo

Smash Master
Well I can use my mains better in Brawl. Also I hate Melee's menu theme.
And I would properly get owned thanks to wavedashing and L-canceling.
I would concede that the music selection in brawl is exceptional.
but in gameplay terms, theres nothing, like wavedashing and l-canceling to separate from the good and the brilliant in brawl. I mean, just look at where I am on the brawl london ranking without really training much at all. People like me dont have to work to be good at brawl, but in melee, Ive seen how much of a learning curve there is, and the reward you feel when you get there. This is one of the main reasons I converted from brawl to melee recently

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
loool You must be jokin around in this posts to make a points like that. Melee is untearable anyway its not **** like brawl, unless you can give me a reason why brawl is better then melee lol.
Yeah you say that while you watch 2 year old melee videos wishing you good play like them.

wow, there are ppl that have played both games and prefer brawl :confused:
I used to have second thoughts about thinking about thinking brawl was better than melee and thought I was just strange, then I sought the opinions of the guys who were considered some of the best at melee in the world who had dropped it for brawl. After hearing what those guys had to say and seeing how the strongest melee area in the western hemisphere had quit melee because they feel that brawl is alot more fun, I have no more doubts.

You could say that disliking a game because pros dislike it too is just duck riding but I have no plans on playing a game where the only time I'll see something new is if I'm watching a pichu play.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah you say that while you watch 2 year old melee videos wishing you good play like them.

I used to have second thoughts about thinking about thinking brawl was better than melee and thought I was just strange, then I sought the opinions of the guys who were considered some of the best at melee in the world who had dropped it for brawl. After hearing what those guys had to say and seeing how the strongest melee area in the western hemisphere had quit melee because they feel that brawl is alot more fun, I have no more doubts.

You could say that disliking a game because pros dislike it too is just duck riding but I have no plans on playing a game where the only time I'll see something new is if I'm watching a pichu play.
loool At you chatting crap about 2 year old melee vidoes, brawl is **** and slow and requires very little skill, except camp. I advise you to carry on your **** game loool will be funny to watch a person play it for so long and have fun.

loool at hearing other peoples thoughts and thinking that brawl is better, on paper melee is a more advanced game without a doubt and if you like depth to your game and fast pace with combos you like melee, if you like things that are put there for you to make things easier and take a small amount of skill to perform and games that have little depth and is not a quick paced game AND has no combos and when you do perform a 4 hit combo a seperate video for it gets uploaded onto youtube cos its soo rare you like brawl.
*walks away knowing he is right*

Tamoo

Smash Master
lol, dyou have any idea how good he actually is, probs better than fuzzy now looking at recent vids.

I play pichu :) but only in teams
but seriously, yes, melee is an ageing game, but theres such variety in the available ATs to keep it alive and enjoyable, and watching a video of amazing gameplay is nothing like going out and learning and doing it yourself. The sense of satisfaction when you first waveshine is like nothing you can experience in brawl. I was not excited when I first learnt how to Dacus, because it wasnt as groundbreaking as the things you can do in melee.
Anyway, I may make it seem like I hate brawl, but I really dont, I do find it somewhat enjoyable to play.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
Guys, This is a brawl thread. Not a Melee vs Brawl thread. Also, the melee scene and the brawl scene needs to work together to make the smash scene in the UK really good. Not each smash scene to fight each other. So, STOP THIS CRAP!!!!!!

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Well said Tamoo, i enjoy playing Brawl myself, It's what got me into the community buy from playing melee, I can see that it is superior. If many of these Brawl players took the time to learn ATs in melee they'd start to love it to, and they know it:)

No disrespect to anyone btw.

Also mako, still hoping to make my next fest:) want to play you.

Have i met you before HURRICANE REV? If not get yourself to some tourneys, ranbattles etc:) I always enjoy meeting and playing new people.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Well I can use my mains better in Brawl. Also I hate Melee's menu theme.
And I would properly get owned thanks to wavedashing and L-canceling.
Basically you like Brawl because its easier? Thats fair enough putting effort into something is .. well .... a lot of effort at the end of the day especially for melee. Having said that though I also get way more out of melee from the amount of effort I put in. Its pretty standard that the sequel has better music but I do agree brawl's music is exceptional; i personally love the orchestrated stuff.

And yes you have to practice and play others to get good at melee. To be able to do techniques and then implement them correctly.

Also who are your mains just out of interest? Atm I'm only maining Zeldy.

So? I can watch Bombsoldier's or Ken's 4 year old videos and wish I was as good as them. The videos are still entertaining, something brawls videos won't be able to be in 4 years time in my opinion.

And what?? You do realise a lot of pros still play melee as well as brawl. They didn't quit for brawl because its more fun they quit because its what companies are sponsoring and therefore has way more money involved. Mew2King himself said that he only plays brawl for the money and hes the best (at least top 3) in the America at the game. Gimpyfish who was originally a massive champion for brawl has renounced it and made a new melee combo video SSB : Metagame.

Pichu is the only one involving?? A lot of players in the past two years have revolutionised characters. SilentSpectres captain falcon showed us we can combo space animals to death from grab to techchase. Cactuar showed fox players how to completely suppress falcon when he crushed Darkrain with a simple yet effective shield pressure using nairs and shines. And of course Mango Jiggly has shown that any kind of lag can be turned into rest chances. Missed fox upsmashes, predicting techs. And he beat Mew2King at Pound 3, no had beaten him in a major tourney a long time before that.

There goes my hope of almost-lag-free matches then >_>.

Porblem is i'm getting tired of fighting Americans cause of major lag, and I can't afford to travel around the UK. No driver's license i'm afraid :(.

Also i'm not exatly pro but i'm close to that status.
Wifi has lag here too. I was playing Aiko and we were finding it hard to play. And if your almost pro come up to the next ranbat and play :) Just book national express or megatarin well in advance so its not uber expensive.

No I came here because I like both games and wanted to discuss brawl with people interested in it. Pro came here to flame and troll though and hes doing a **** good job of it.

Its true a lot of people in the community aren't amazing but so what? Are you amazing at brawl? Can you beat M2K and Ninjalink? Probably not. And even though the game has been out for seven years most people haven't been playing it for nearly that long. I'm pretty sure Pro has been playing proper melee for only just over a year. I've only been playing for 2-3 months so no we're not all amazing as it takes time and effort to get good at melee. Whereas I'm sure you feel amazing because your characters so easy to use and theres very little to master.

but Da Man removes you 5 mins later, for the banter.
Please do it for the banter :)

I just previewed this post and its massive lol please read at least some of it :laugh:

Edit : 4 posts got written while I was writing this monster lol

Kasper!

Smash Lord
lol i leave this thread for some time and i see this nonsense. This is a brawl thread so stop this melee talk!!!

Everyone has their own opinion on what they prefer you either like one, the other or both (like me, tamoo and yeniths).

It would be much appreciated if people would keep their opinions to themselves e.g. Professor Pro (btw i have nothing but respect for you) we know that you dont like brawl, so why would you keep posting about your dislike for brawl??

This will definetly put potential players off

SOOOO STOP THIS NONSENSE!!!

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Also who are your mains just out of interest? Atm I'm only maining Zeldy.
Mario is my No1 main, Ness is 2nd and Marth is 3rd.

And yes Kira is right; cut the melee crap now. I prefer Brawl cause it's more balanced (not counting tiers >_>) than Melee, and lke I said I can use my mains to their fullest here.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman

And yes Kira is right; cut the melee crap now. I prefer Brawl cause it's more UNbalanced (not counting tiers >_>) than Melee, and lke I said I can use my mains to their fullest here.
Fixed.

2 of your mains are much better in melee though :dizzy:

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
looool I agree, I dont think some people realize the power of

The Kings Of Banter
Zeppo - The King (The King Of Banter)
PDOT - The Quick Burn (Tactics - Burn quick and effectively)
Foulplay - The Twister (Tactics -Twist the burn onto you)
TC - The Manipulator (Tactics - Changes up your words and your point)
Professor Pro - The feelings (Tactics - Aims for others feelings in his posts)

I know other people have banter but these are the kings of banter

Potential people to enter 'The Banter Kings'

Interia - The quickest banter improvement I have seen
Koop_88 - Funny banter and its for the banter

People who will never enter

Charles - He is a mod so he cant have the banter
VA - Saying this mainly for the banter
Bullet Bill -This guy is a disgrace to anything that includes banter.
LOL People with banter don't get banned or is that just me? In actual fact I'm pretty sure you have the worst banter in all of Europe.

What's with all this fighting?? Seriously whats the point. If you're a melee player saying melees better- stop being an idiot, and if your a brawl player saying brawl is better stop being an idiot :laugh:. And Mr Pro is ****ing incredible still thinking brawl is about camping shows that he still knows **** all about the game and yet still has such a firm opinion of it.

Seriously though this is pretty bad :dizzy:

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Da Man said:

And yes Kira is right; cut the melee crap now. I prefer Brawl cause it's more BALANCED (not counting tiers >_>) than Melee, and lke I said I can use my mains to their fullest here.:
Fixed and it WILL stay that way cause it is my post.

2 of your mains are much better in melee though
I admit Marth is better in Melee but his recovery is worse there.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
You can't do some sort of double fix. Thats madness lol

I admit Marth is better in Melee but his recovery is worse there.
What?? His recovery is so much better in melee. You have to take it as a comparison to other chars in the game not inter game. Or a lot of brawl recoveries are better due to auto(lame)sweetspotting.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
Also mako, still hoping to make my next fest:) want to play you.
Yeah I'm really looking forward to playing you too, I plan on claiming the title snake slayer after I take your money ofcourse.

So? I can watch Bombsoldier's or Ken's 4 year old videos and wish I was as good as them. The videos are still entertaining, something brawls videos won't be able to be in 4 years time in my opinion.
Agree

And what?? You do realise a lot of pros still play melee as well as brawl. They didn't quit for brawl because its more fun they quit because its what companies are sponsoring and therefore has way more money involved. Mew2King himself said that he only plays brawl for the money and hes the best (at least top 3) in the America at the game. Gimpyfish who was originally a massive champion for brawl has renounced it and made a new melee combo video SSB : Metagame.
Actually ask the MD/VA smash community, you'll find that the majority will say they find brawl more fun. Not because of sponsorships.

Pichu is the only one involving?? A lot of players in the past two years have revolutionised characters. SilentSpectres captain falcon showed us we can combo space animals to death from grab to techchase. Cactuar showed fox players how to completely suppress falcon when he crushed Darkrain with a simple yet effective shield pressure using nairs and shines. And of course Mango Jiggly has shown that any kind of lag can be turned into rest chances. Missed fox upsmashes, predicting techs. And he beat Mew2King at Pound 3, no had beaten him in a major tourney a long time before that.
You're only strengthening my statement by only mentioning characters that are already rediculously common.

No I came here because I like both games and wanted to discuss brawl with people interested in it. Pro came here to flame and troll though and hes doing a **** good job of it.
Where is your pro now?

Its true a lot of people in the community aren't amazing but so what? Are you amazing at brawl? Can you beat M2K and Ninjalink? Probably not. And even though the game has been out for seven years most people haven't been playing it for nearly that long. I'm pretty sure Pro has been playing proper melee for only just over a year. I've only been playing for 2-3 months so no we're not all amazing as it takes time and effort to get good at melee. Whereas I'm sure you feel amazing because your characters so easy to use and theres very little to master.
Doubt I'm better than M2K and NinjaLink now but they still play so.......? But if they decided to quit now, you can be **** sure I'll be better than them if I still played 2 years later.

Yes brawl is less balanced than melee, yes it's easy when you suck, yes it's boring when you spot dodge down smash.

Hihi, I main zelda too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom