• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The UK Brawl Thread. News Flash: Hurricane Rev's session - Feb -19/02/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Makomako please read what you are posting. If Brawl in the next 2 years doesn't have a community in the UK then you won't be better than the top players in US.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Actually ask the MD/VA smash community, you'll find that the majority will say they find brawl more fun. Not because of sponsorships.
MD/VA? Thought So/Norcal were the best melee players? But ok fair enough I haven't asked the majority, obviously :)

You're only strengthening my statement by only mentioning characters that are already rediculously common.
Er what statement? I'm confused? Explain plzkthxbai.

Where is your pro now?
lol brilliant banter :)

Doubt I'm better than M2K and NinjaLink now but they still play so.......? But if they decided to quit now, you can be **** sure I'll be better than them if I still played 2 years later.
No offense but I doubt that. I can't see brawl evolving massively over 2 years. And this happened in melee with a team of old pros called crazy return. They came back and (well at least some of them) were still awesome. Bombsoldiers' falco went toe to toe with P.c. Chris's fox which was impressive.

Yes brawl is less balanced than melee, yes it's easy when you suck, yes it's boring when you spot dodge down smash.

Hihi, I main zelda too.
I don't spot dodge and down smash.... Anyway if your Zelda just give them a hypen Usmash or ur forward smash. To dodge them you have to go pretty much frame perfect.

More importantly isn't Zelda awesome. Shes too low in the tiers imo. Her recovery isn't that bad and shes quite hard to gimp even if shes easy to edgehog. So many of hers moves kill and she can't be chainthrown. Have you watched Playing with Fire as well? DarkMusician has an awesome brawl and melee Zelda (my second in melee too :)

CCPLZ

Smash Rookie
How old is Melee now?
*correction* How old is this Brawl Vs. Melee argument?
You'll never get a clear winner, accept it both sides.
Some people like melee because it's older than dirt. And some like brawl because it's as slow as a fat man on a treadmill.
Back to brawl discussion! Looking forward to upcoming tourneys after exams!

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
More importantly isn't Zelda awesome. Shes too low in the tiers imo. Her recovery isn't that bad and shes quite hard to gimp even if shes easy to edgehog. So many of hers moves kill and she can't be chainthrown. Have you watched Playing with Fire as well? DarkMusician has an awesome brawl and melee Zelda (my second in melee too :)
Yeah, upsmashing through spot dodges is my primary method of killing.

<3 DarkMusician's Zelda, his friendlies against P.C. Chris were just too fun to watch and proved to me that the tier list doesn't mean much when Zelda lands sexy kick.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Hellz yeah. The snake gimps are too good as well, sweetspotted dair smacks the crap out his recovery. Zelda does pretty well against all the top tiers tbh with only one bad matchup really. Even though most aren't in our favour they're not overwhelmingly against us.

Unless its G&W. I don't look forward to playing a good G&W.

Do look forward to giving you some games and the next thing we both go to though :)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Ah inertia, you may want to avoid playing me then hoho!

also I don't get this "Melee is old" crap, look at football...

Beat the system, live the banter. I am proof
LOL People with banter don't get banned or is that just me? In actual fact I'm pretty sure you have the worst banter in all of Europe.

What's with all this fighting?? Seriously whats the point. If you're a melee player saying melees better- stop being an idiot, and if your a brawl player saying brawl is better stop being an idiot :laugh:. And Mr Pro is ****ing incredible still thinking brawl is about camping shows that he still knows **** all about the game and yet still has such a firm opinion of it.

Seriously though this is pretty bad :dizzy:
This is Professor Pro little brothe with practically the same amount of banter as Professor Pro so you wont be missing out on anything. In the end of the day Pro's point was obviously that brawl still sucks with camping or not, its slow, lacks combos which is one of the most exciting elements of it and is boring. It doesnt have a community in the UK and is well deserved for it to stay like that forever lol.

Where is your pro now?
You will get his little brother now with the same amount as banter as Professor Pro, he trained be up good and told me about this game.
Enjoy playing your game though, I will view you as a labrat to see how long a human can play this game for.

Ah inertia, you may want to avoid playing me then hoho!

also I don't get this "Melee is old" crap, look at football...
I agree. If thats the case why is melee stronger in the UK. M2K and Cort and them professional admitted they oonly play brawl cos it where the money is at loool, but in the UK since there is no money in brawl people play the game they find more appealing.
Anyway enjoy you lots game, if you respond in a hostile way I will come back with the banter but this is where it should end lol.

Mario is my No1 main, Ness is 2nd and Marth is 3rd.

And yes Kira is right; cut the melee crap now. I prefer Brawl cause it's more balanced (not counting tiers >_>) than Melee, and lke I said I can use my mains to their fullest here.
You are clearly uneducated in the smash games if this is your opinion. Because the fact is (and this is fact) brawl is more unbalanced to the point a country actually banned a character because it he was sooo broken. Melee is more balanced then brawl anyday.

Thats what my brother told me anyway lol.

lol pro you'll be unbanned in 2 weeks, so I hope your brother can supply enough until then HOHO.
My brother told me he got a message saying its only a one week temp ban.

Sorry for the double post but my brother wants to know when this tournament is going to start.
Since he said something about this has been planned for long and hasnt happen yet and he doesnt know if melee or brawl is going to be there and then he said something about him being sexy and I agreed.

He also told me something about MakoMako and crewster not really kwowing anything about the smash community or its history or the smash series in general but they think know alot from brawl and he laughed so I laughed along. And he said he thought Da Man was a success but he is a failure.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post but my brother wants to know when this tournament is going to start.
Since he said something about this has been planned for long and hasnt happen yet and he doesnt know if melee or brawl is going to be there and then he said something about him being sexy and I agreed.

He also told me something about MakoMako and crewster not really kwowing anything about the smash community or its history or the smash series in general but they think know alot from brawl and he laughed so I laughed along. And he said he thought Da Man was a success but he is a failure.
If I have time to learn about the smash community that you think you've been involved in for many years, I have time to go listen to some lil wayne.

Cypha

Smash Rookie
Hi I am new round here, brawl is my favourite game and i've been playing it since it came out.
I have a few matches uploading of myself so cn any1 giv me any advice plz.

If I have time to learn about the smash community that you think you've been involved in for many years, I have time to go listen to some lil wayne.
loool you seem like you are a bit stubborn and a bit of fail sooo u should play brawl with me lol. wts your friend code?

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
Have i met you before HURRICANE REV? If not get yourself to some tourneys, ranbattles etc:) I always enjoy meeting and playing new people.
Nah, you haven't. I'm going to start going to these Ranbats and it would be good meeting new Players :). Lil wayne is alright thought lool

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Nah, you haven't. I'm going to start going to these Ranbats and it would be good meeting new Players :). Lil wayne is alright thought lool
Denied!!!! More Lil Wayne hate needed. Is Lil short for Lilly d'you reckon?

Will see you at the next ranbat then :) Or your session, whichever comes first and I can attend.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
you might probably see me at my sess. btw, Lil wayne is good.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fGnTq_VI9rs
Did you read the description in the video lol. The first line says 'ok honestly no i do not think wayne is the best rapper alive. hell he's not even in my top 5'. So yeah!!! Also you can't spell crap without rap, everyone knows that :ohwell:

No I just personally don't like that kind of rap I prefer something like Hold your colour - Pendulum. Notice colour is spelt properly too ^^

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
Did you read the description in the video lol. The first line says 'ok honestly no i do not think wayne is the best rapper alive. hell he's not even in my top 5'. So yeah!!! Also you can't spell crap without rap, everyone knows that :ohwell:

No I just personally don't like that kind of rap I prefer something like Hold your colour - Pendulum. Notice colour is spelt properly too ^^
loool That song is good (I might put it on my Ipod :laugh:). I Mostly like rock music Like
Thousand foot Krutch - Phenomenon

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Thats more like it :) Although the band name reminds me of some kind of milipede hospital O_o I'm liking your style more and more.

However I won't show you my style as you won't be able to handle it, no you can't handle my style.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Inertia have you seen Pendulum live?
I have not sadly :..( Its something I've been trying to organise recently but no one seems to have any money. I did see them at Nexus (in Southampton) during my first year when they were djing there (not all of them) and that was good ****.

I really want to see them live. Bloc party too actually. But I most people I know don't seem to have money spare for gigs let alone festivals. I swear I'm the only one with any money at all sometimes :ohwell:

Are you going to tell me you have and make me cry? :(:(:(

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
I saw Bloc Party live. They were pretty average, but then I don't really like them that much. But just to annoy you Inertia, they were awesome :chuckle:

Also went to watch Feeder instead of Pendulum at the same festival. I stand by my decision.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Yeah I have seen them twice, saw them at a festival and last December in Liverpool.
One of the best live bands I have seen.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
Thats more like it :) Although the band name reminds me of some kind of milipede hospital O_o I'm liking your style more and more.

However I won't show you my style as you won't be able to handle it, no you can't handle my style.
I can handle anything. Never estimate the power of the HURRICANE!!!!!!!

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I have seen them twice, saw them at a festival and last December in Liverpool.
One of the best live bands I have seen.
Not fair :( But that just hypes me up even more for when I do get to see them. Also your not coming to GG2 anymore are you? Are you a brawl player as well?

crewster

Smash Lord
My freinds like strong bad. have you get the wii ware game? my freind has and the intro of part f5 is halarious.
"I think you should star in your own video game: Couch Quest, Teh Serch for My But." Lol halarious.

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Your sig suggests you are pleased to discover Pro is banned. I think you will find the boards alot less entertaining. His disappearance is nowt but a loss. Chlamydia is bad, wrap it up before you slap it up.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
My freinds like strong bad. have you get the wii ware game? my freind has and the intro of part f5 is halarious.
"I think you should star in your own video game: Couch Quest, Teh Serch for My But." Lol halarious.
I've got the second one its pretty good but I can't be bothered to buy them all. For all five it gets pretty expensive imo. And why get that when I can just get tetris party ^^

Also I generally like indie, rock and a bit of drum and bass, very occasionally dance.

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Im bringing a boom box to GGT2 if I come. Nowt in the rules that says I can't destroy my opponents eardrums whilst heightening my own awareness and serenity.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I've got the second one its pretty good but I can't be bothered to buy them all. For all five it gets pretty expensive imo. And why get that when I can just get tetris party ^^

Also I generally like indie, rock and a bit of drum and bass, very occasionally dance.
That aint' Drum and bass :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom