• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Very nice Ike dude, but may I suggest a match versus someone who doesn't get ***** by us? I mean, it's best vids of each character, so imo it should show how we Ikes do against Snakes, Marth, D3 and other characters we get limited by, instead of showing Ike demonstrating all he's got on someone who can't do sh** about it. Not trying to neglect your Ike, he's awesome :).

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Entertaining to watch from both sides. BTW, Limit never corrected me when I put you as RedEX on the BowserReplays Youtube account, lol. I'll go fix it now (even though nobody new will see it).
I didn't mind the name, it's fine lol

Very nice Ike dude, but may I suggest a match versus someone who doesn't get ***** by us? I mean, it's best vids of each character, so imo it should show how we Ikes do against Snakes, Marth, D3 and other characters we get limited by, instead of showing Ike demonstrating all he's got on someone who can't do sh** about it. Not trying to neglect your Ike, he's awesome :).
It's just a 6:4 MU for us ;-;
Although I agree on you that it should be vids on the upper tiers but I just want the vid because it still shows a matchup in the game being played out fine =p

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
maybe not everyone thinks anther is as good as you think he is.

i mean, yeah he's a pretty decent player.

but it's Boss. and everyone loves Boss
This is a terrible post and you should feel terrible.
Anther is the obvious best Pikachu. We have videos of him beating the obvious best MK. The vids should be up.

DMG's just to busy maining MK to update.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The problem DTL is that you assume that having the title of the Best Pika and the Best MK guarantees that you are the best at that matchup, when this is not a guarantee or even always a strong possibility.

It's safe to say that Anther is almost certainly the best Pikachu player at that matchup. I think he has clearly shown this, and he also plays a lot with a top MK (Judge) in his area. M2K, on the other hand, doesn't have any **** Pikachu players for him to practice with, and you could reasonably argue that someone like Judge potentially knows the matchup better than M2K does.

The believe or thought that two of the "best" mains of a character knows the particular matchup the best is not a guarantee. Take me for example. Setwise, I am positive, with Wario, against every top Marth player I have ever played. Now, just because I beat them, does this mean the matchup is in Wario's favor or even? Hell no. Just because I played really good Marths, does that mean they know the Wario matchup the best out of everyone? Hell no. In Fact, I have had more trouble gameplay wise with some of the "not as good" Marth players who happen to understand the matchup better but as players are not as good overall.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No my point is you can't assume.

ASSUMING IS BAD.

Also what video? I think the video of Anther taking a game off M2K in tournament is... old unfortunately. Maybe there is a newer one up, or the one I am thinking of is more recent than previously thought?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
M2K on too much of that autopilot lol.

Good match, but MAN M2K was hella aggressive. Eating those ThunderJolts pretty hard.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i hear them jolts are pretty delicious.
like breakfast cereals.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
OH MY LORD I SHALL ASKLDJALKDALLADJAKLDJA ON YOU ALL SO HELP ME GOD

IN MY GOD **** POSTS, I HOPE I HAVE CLEARLY STATED THAT YOU CANNOT 100% ASSUME THAT M2K AND ANTHER WILL PRODUCE THE BEST MATCHES/SHOW THE MATCHUP CORRECTLY. FLARBLE GARBLE GARBLE.

I SAID YOU CANNOT ASSUME OR BELIEVE THESE THINGS TO BE GUARANTEED. SURE, AFTER REVIEWING THE MATCH, I AGREE THAT IT IS LEGIT DESPITE M2K IMO GOING A LITTLE ON THAT AGGRESSIVE AUTO PILOT AND EATING A LOT OF FREE DAMAGE THAT COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED IF HE WASN'T BUSY TRYING TO SHUTTLE LOOP SLOPPILY AND MISSING THE EDGE.

I WANT PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND THAT JUST BECAUSE YOU MATCH UP M2K VS SAID MAIN OF SAID CHARACTER, YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED GREATNESS IN A VIDEO. IT IS POSSIBLE TO BE A **** PLAYER AND NOT KNOW A MATCHUP. ASSUMPTIONS ARE BAD, AND YOU SHOULD HAVE NONE BEFORE WATCHING VIDEOS OR SETS IN THEIR ENTIRETY. OTHERWISE YOU PERCEIVE THE VIDEO IN A FLAWED OR BIASED LIGHT. THE MORE YOU KNOW, THE MORE YOU KNOW. ASDKJAOKJDOAS

But yes, I am just frankly tired of people going "Hey, M2K vs Anther/DEHF/ADHD/Some Main vs Another Main, WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE VIDEO, I FEEL I AM GUARANTEED A GREAT MATCH AND THAT WHATEVER I SEE IS THE 100% TOP OF THE METAGAME FOR THIS MATCHUP NO MATTER WHAT" even though you can't tell until AFTER the friggen video.

"OMG Anther took games off M2K, Pika automatically goes 50-50 with MK" "Um, look at the ones M2K won. He made those look like it was 6:4 lol"

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
The more I know?
I understand what you are saying, and yes, MK doesn't play that MU perfectly.

Still, I feel those were the best ones demonstrating how Pikachu can win against MK.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yes it shall go up.

TOMORROW/LATER TODAY I SHALL MAKE UPDATE, AND MAKE LOVE TO TINY ASIAN WOMAN!

PND

Smash Champion
Holy **** a set of mine is on this list. lolz.

I just hope people remember me for the first match in the posted set, and not the second. :p

J4pu

Smash Champion
yeah, but unfortunately boss mains luigi who slides like a mutha after shielding anything, you do bring up the good point that boss should never have gotten hit in the match though, it just would have been difficult to punish after said shielding.
Worst case scenario for boss should have been 0%-0% 3stock timeout tie, I guess we should tell him he's playing the mu wrong.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
yeah, but unfortunately boss mains luigi who slides like a mutha after shielding anything
But fortunately he doesn't do that when he is POWERshielding on reaction!

Really though, boss should have just gone with Mario. That way he could have outranged all of Ike's moves with his fsmash.

Top Bottom