• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

Mr-R

Smash Champion
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah pretty much, dun even know why i posted that hmmmm

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sorry guys, been busy with getting a better computer and some stage related stuff.

I'll update this later today or early tomorrow.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
At everyone who says 'oh the opponent was crap, don't use that video'

You're never going to get an actual 'best vid of each character' if people keep dismissing them because the opponent isn't very good

If the best video of a Ganondorf involves him wrecking a Meta Knight, OF COURSE the MK is terrible/playing the match up wrong/making mistakes/playing poorly, otherwise he wouldn't have lost

Something needs to be done to distinguish between whether the opponent is terrible or whether the character in question outplayed his opponent because technically, if someone plays a match up correctly thats (heavily) in their favour, they shouldn't lose

:embarrass

Tesh

Smash Hero
At everyone who says 'oh the opponent was crap, don't use that video'

You're never going to get an actual 'best vid of each character' if people keep dismissing them because the opponent isn't very good

If the best video of a Ganondorf involves him wrecking a Meta Knight, OF COURSE the MK is terrible/playing the match up wrong/making mistakes/playing poorly, otherwise he wouldn't have lost

Something needs to be done to distinguish between whether the opponent is terrible or whether the character in question outplayed his opponent because technically, if someone plays a match up correctly thats (heavily) in their favour, they shouldn't lose

:embarrass
I think the original rules stated that the best "______" doesn't have to win to earn a spot here. So if you have a match of a great Ganon losing to M2k or Ally (or any other competent player), the Ganon may have still shown great skill and played the matchup properly and still lose. You don't have to win to do a good job within the criteria.

With that said, sometimes great players defeat "not-so-great" players in an entertaining way. That doesn't make it a good display of both players knowing the matchup.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I will probably not include videos where the winning side has a 7:3 or greater matchup. At the 7:3 level and past it, winning those kind of fights doesn't really show much besides how bad the matchup is.

I will look over and consider "underdog" videos where one side should clearly lose but doesn't (DK beats Dedede on a Neutral/Good stage for Dedede, Ganon beats MK, etc). The same thing applies though. If you are supposed to win a matchup 7:3 or better in your favor, and you lose, it means you played the matchup very incorrectly (or that the other guy is incredibly better than you, and then it would only display how good that player is not how to play that character the best). Mikehaze against Ook for example, it's blatantly clear that Mike made some big mistakes and could have played the matchup better. Ook played the matchup about as well as you can from the DK side, but you could not say nearly the same about the opponent. That one is a tough call, but I think I will put it up.

So in general, try to keep out matchups that are as hard or harder than 7:3 for either side. Very very few of those will get in. Wario vs DK is very borderline IMO, that matchup IMO hovers around the 7:3ish area. I considered that Gluttony video, but Idk I think that particular one I will have to pass on.

Flayl

Smash Hero
There are so many awesome videos of Gluttony you don't even need that one.

(have I mentioned he's my favorite player yet)

Throwback

Smash Lord
that lucas video wasn't good. NL would have been destroyed if lain new the CG timing. Even then he was losing till another mistke got him the final stock. I didn't see any mad combos and I didn't see any particularly good spacing - Usmash in the middle of the stage at 120%?

NL is (used to be?) good but that vid didn't show anything imo.

Throwback

Smash Lord
PF's spacing is pretty good...And you shouldn't judge a person's playing on their ability to create combos. Besides, it's brawl. >_>
...I can't be bothered finding the part where mario walks backwards and forwards trying for a grab and failing miserably. Or his predictable landings. Or his dair spam. etc, etc, etc. Not saying the Lucas wasn't good (he was), more that his opponent played pretty lousy.

Laem

Smash Champion
normally i despise people who can only complain that the opponent sucked.

but that mario was bad :p

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
sighhh.

I hate nominating me for stuff, but I at least need a vid with a decent opponent.

blehh.

I'll jusst post crap and hope something gets picked I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52ge8TbY8nY v TL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp9PP79lr1g v Ics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gTmwJLLhh4&feature=related v Rob. lul @ this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulf3ScixCkg&feature=related MK [might fall under the scrub MK category]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmgH9oGmjTw doublesss.

blah.

Edit: THIS MARIO ISNT THAT BAD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljVJC5PcHLc&feature=related

The MU is just terrible >_>

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I was wondering when some vids of PF would pop up.

Definetely voting for PF 100x

TL vid, IC vid and doubles for me.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
I wanna post this vid again for reconsideration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAFlOWW9k8

My reason for this is quite simple. NL showcases a lot of Lucas' potential in a tournament set, versus a competent opponent, who happens to be using a high tier character.

Not to mention the fact that the last stock was ridiculous.

Not to mention the fact that there is currently NOTHING in the Lucas section.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
Hmm well let's see... If my count is correct, he gets grabbed 11 times. Five of those come from a Sopo CG, and three more are while Nana is too far away to help. Meaning, as far as the ICees CG goes, Lain messes it up 3 times. I don't understand why his opponent's short comings should downplay the obvious amount of skill showcased by NL.

Perhaps you have a better suggestion for a video to go under the Lucas section, and then I can senselessly critique your choice.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Hmm well let's see... If my count is correct, he gets grabbed 11 times. Five of those come from a Sopo CG, and three more are while Nana is too far away to help. Meaning, as far as the ICees CG goes, Lain messes it up 3 times. I don't understand why his opponent's short comings should downplay the obvious amount of skill showcased by NL.

Perhaps you have a better suggestion for a video to go under the Lucas section, and then I can senselessly critique your choice.
My lacking an alternative doesn't invalidate my critique. Videos in the lucas section or not, there were still critical mistakes made here that were passabe only due to error on Lains part.

To equate my recognizing errors to "senselessness" shows your inability to understand the value of actual critique in the face of meat-riding.

Top Bottom