• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
It were nice matches but the laser locks and random sandbaggy moments and the fact that the description said "unserious friendlies"..

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i dunno if the laser locks could be considered "sandbagging" but i think the JJvchoice match was a friendly

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im actually being serious lol.

His falco play was really solid, but when you get grabbed by marth at 0, you should honestly be dying every time. And he didnt even attempt to avoid the grab most of the time, cus he was constantly blatently standing in places that could get him grabbed. i cant tell if it was because he was being dumb and wasnt aware of the grab gay, or because he knew the opponent wouldnt be able to follow through with it even if he got the grab.

either way, I wouldnt put it up...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nope you can live

YOU CAN LIVE! FEAR MARTH NO MORE!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not tech, SDI back to teh stage.

Oh yesh update in ten minutes. Let me whack a mole first.

That game is too addicting.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok cleaned out the older videos (except for super low tier/not commonly played characters like Link, Samus, etc). Gonna put in new ones in a sec

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well, I have gone through each page since May 17th, 2010. Updates rolled in.

I will look at Marcribi's videos. Those were the only ones I didn't really go over.

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
Im actually being serious lol.

His falco play was really solid, but when you get grabbed by marth at 0, you should honestly be dying every time. And he didnt even attempt to avoid the grab most of the time, cus he was constantly blatently standing in places that could get him grabbed. i cant tell if it was because he was being dumb and wasnt aware of the grab gay, or because he knew the opponent wouldnt be able to follow through with it even if he got the grab.

either way, I wouldnt put it up...
The spike is only guaranteed after 2 fthrows. Since the falco was camping the centre of stage at 0% (read: the most sensible thing to do at 0%), each time he got grabbed it was impossible for marth to get him to the edge and spike. The best marth could've done was the 43% or whatever from his chaingrab-->fsmash.

On another note, isn't it impossible to SDI marth's dair? Hence why it's actually a 0-death if you get grabbed in the wrong place.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No it is not impossible. His tipper Fsmash yes. Tipper Dair no. I've done that once against Mikehaze when he tried grab release to Dair on me over the edge. Couldn't tech at that low of a %, but could SDI it nonetheless.

No one cares about Sonic, Imma take him off the list forever. lol

JK fixed it. Hard for me sometimes to see those, I tend to do most HTML by hand instead of using the shortcuts. Just used to doing it that way.

Denzi

Smash Master
But I'm 99.5% sure Falco can't SDI back as long as the Marth spaces it correctly.

And hew still should have been taking 45% even if he wasn't close enough to the ledge.

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
Hey the HTML code for the yellow in the DK category is out of wack as well. Also DMG, you think DK needs new vids or is it ok as is with the epic DK dittos? Also some vids that have a new sign aren't really new. Though loving the new peach one lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah yeah. Forgot to change that one, noticed it but was lazy lol.

DK needs new videos, but more importantly the characters with no videos need some.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I wanna post this vid again for reconsideration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAFlOWW9k8

My reason for this is quite simple. NL showcases a lot of Lucas' potential in a tournament set, versus a competent opponent, who happens to be using a high tier character.

Not to mention the fact that the last stock was ridiculous.

Not to mention the fact that there is currently NOTHING in the Lucas section.
I... what...

hmm.

i feel like I get nooo respect T_T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp9PP79lr1g

count the grabs in that pls.

Edit: I'm also sure Meep plays this MU better than Lain.

or you could just "NL plays the MU better than you!"

wish that were the case tho. Lain obv grabbed NL's Lucas mid nair animation like Meep.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
I promise, I'm not intentionally trying to disrespect you, mah dude. I just call em how I see em. Also, I think people are paying too much attention to the specific MU vs the IC's. That's not at all what this is about. Yes, Pink Fresh, you did play that MU very well, probably better than NL did. It would be a good video to use for something like match-up discussions. However, I thought NL played Lucas better on a more broad spectrum than just against the IC's.

That is my opinion.

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
I think thats what people are arguing about. Are we trying to rate a video based on how said character handled that matchup? I mean a good example is the Mr. R one because marth is at a disadvantage with MK but he handled the matchup well and the opponent was good too. Or are we just uploading **** broad matches showing how to play said character exceptionally.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I promise, I'm not intentionally trying to disrespect you, mah dude. I just call em how I see em. Also, I think people are paying too much attention to the specific MU vs the IC's. That's not at all what this is about. Yes, Pink Fresh, you did play that MU very well, probably better than NL did. It would be a good video to use for something like match-up discussions. However, I thought NL played Lucas better on a more broad spectrum than just against the IC's.

That is my opinion.
I can agree with that.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I think thats what people are arguing about. Are we trying to rate a video based on how said character handled that matchup? I mean a good example is the Mr. R one because marth is at a disadvantage with MK but he handled the matchup well and the opponent was good too. Or are we just uploading **** broad matches showing how to play said character exceptionally.
I think we should include both. its not like we have a surplus of videos in here...

as such, we should include both ninjalinks, AND PFs vids.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ_MShRjBSs&NR=1
ps i nominate kismet for falco, his stuff is so consistently solid... you can check that YT account and find at least 5 vids that could be in this thread.

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
I think we should include both. its not like we have a surplus of videos in here...

as such, we should include both ninjalinks, AND PFs vids.
Ninjalnk and PF vids yessssssss. But yeah I didn't mean you can't have both but what would you choose between the two?

Top Bottom