• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

OverLade

Smash Hero

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nice playing AZ, but what a terrible match to watch. This is high level play?!
Imagine if M2K kept playing gay instead of approaching. Imagine him having a stock lead, only 70%, gets a few hits on AZ, and then just camps the platform/glides under whenever he needs to. For the rest of the match.

I think it's brilliant. It shows the gay side of Brawl.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
i hate the gay side of brawl.....
Boss...

You HAVE to take someone to Brinstar with Mario and time them out. Mario CAN do it. Trust me I know he can. If you do that, if you see the other person squeam in terror and agony as you whittle down the inner fabric of their soul, then you will see the true glory of the gayness that occurs in Brawl.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dude Boss all you have to do while timing someone out is to stir up the crowd, get some **** talking goin on.

You play Mario, it's not hard to **** talk someone if they lose to you, let alone are getting timed out lol. :)

ACCEPT THE GAYNESS BOSS! DO IT FOR MARIO!!!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i have to admit, i agree with dmg,

boss, i like fighting people too, but see you time just one person with mario would make my life.

in fact you should work on timing camalange out, since you cant seem to beat him any other way...

OH SNAP

boss8

Smash Hero
i have to admit, i agree with dmg,

boss, i like fighting people too, but see you time just one person with mario would make my life.

in fact you should work on timing camalange out, since you cant seem to beat him any other way...

OH SNAP
he cant beat my luigi.....

seems like i dont need to beat him with mario.....

ally's captain falcon will do that jst fine....xD

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Well...for Tink...if you want TL vs Kirby to be an even MU, you really should be timing them out. It works. Aggressive at ALL vs kirby with Tink should get you *****. Just saying, gayness can be a great evening factor to brawl...
If MK is planking you on the platform of flying around the stage, you ALWAYS have options. It can get boring, but it adds such an interesting depth.

But I'm from CO.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Don't change ur playstyle to something u'd rather not wanna do, it'll make u worse ;D

AfroTwist ShadowPie

Smash Journeyman
Also why was I brought up a few pages back lol. Don't bring me up please I don't consider myself that good. And Aura how can you say I suck when you've never beaten me? If my Falcon sucks your Yoshi sucks moar get *****.
ITS BECAUSE YOU TAKE WIFI SRSLY OLOLOLOLOL SCRUB

ily :3

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
he cant beat my luigi.....

seems like i dont need to beat him with mario.....

ally's captain falcon will do that jst fine....xD
Hey.

Don't hide behind other players xD Luigi can't get your back in low tiers.
Did I even play your Luigi at the last Battle Royale? We'll rematch sometime :p

:093:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Serious question:

Why did Korn not camp the hell out of Chu with basically a stock lead?

I could add that video because it looks nice and Chu basically 0-death's him 2 times in a row to make a comeback, or I could reject that video because Korn clearly could have played safer and if not won, surely put up a better fight.

I know, I know, people are gonna say "DMG, people don't have to camp for a video to be good". At the same time, putting up videos like such can give people the wrong impression about a matchup like that. You see Kirby come back from a deficit like that back to back and you are naturally drawn to make assumptions based on what you saw when in reality things could have been a lot different.

I'll put it up if you guys really want it up. At the moment, I am not having it up.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Actually I'm with you. Korn got carried away. While I don't really agree with camping, he was incredibly rash.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Serious question:

Why did Korn not camp the hell out of Chu with basically a stock lead?

Serious question.

If this is being nominated for chus kirby, why does it matter soooooo much what the other player did? the only thing I really care about in terms of the other player, is if they are good or not, cus you cant have the video demonstrating the best play of a character if its against somebody bad, because then its really not demonstrating anything of note, as much as it is just, being flashy.

Based on the body of work, we can assume that korn is a very good player, but hes still human, and thus is going to make mistakes, you cant be perfect all the time. but this video isnt about korn, its about chu showing what a kirby at the highest level can do. and punishing the mistakes that people are prone to making in the most effective way, is what (i think) this thread should be about.

I think you should add that video to the OP.

thats just me tho.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I have no problem with mistakes being made. I fully understand and appreciate the fact that we are human for video games.

What I have a problem with adding is seeing a guy have a stock lead, and from that point on not only lose that lead, but get 0-death'd two times in a row when it was clearly avoidable. On top of that, his character not only has the advantage in the matchup, but the skill gap, if any, isn't very large.

Just think about the situation. He had a full stock lead. His best decision to make, at that point, would have been to slow things down and camp a bit more. I'm not saying he should immediately try to time Chu out in that match, but I AM saying he certainly could have slowed things down and at least FORCED Chu to approach. That instantly puts him in a better position than actively approaching him. I don't necessarily want camp fests where the match times out, but for a game like Brawl where it's generally a powerful option to force your opponent to approach you instead of you approaching, I do expect to see that occur at least a little in a match.

How is someone going to learn about Kirby when they see him go from a stock disadvantage to basically reverse two stocking his opponent? Sure, they might be able to clearly see that Chu did excellent and made a good comeback, but that's what they see from the Video. Chu. Not Kirby.

For now, I'm not having it up. I'm not saying that videos have to be near perfect from both sides, but I'm certainly not putting something up where basically you see "sparkles and Magic." No disrespect for Chu or Korn, but I'm not putting it up for now.

Laem

Smash Champion
I lol'd at the similarities of the loss of korns 2 stocks, but the **** ally did was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too good LMFAO

bassem6

Smash Lord
DMG, korn had the lead so he got cocky and made a mistake.Chu capitalized on it the best way possible he could with kirby. Korn thought it wouldn't happen again and it also shook him up. I think you should put it up. That truly was the best capitalization on a mistake with kirby that I have ever seen. It shows kirbys potential at the highest level and it would be a shame if you didn't put it up.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
So Kirby has enough potential to reasonable reverse 2 stock MK players of the same skill or near the same skill? I mean obviously Chu did good, but I don't think we saw enough of what Kirby is supposed to do under more varied cirsumstances, if ONLY because those situations were never induced.

Think about it this way: Say someone wants to learn Kirby. They watch that video, and apply what they learn in their matches. Now say a similar situation occurs. The Kirby player is down a stock, and has to make a comeback. They think back to what they saw in that match, how to deal with pressure, how to bait and punish, etc. Now, what happens here, if the other guy camps him back?

How does that Kirby player respond if the other guy sits back, charges Fsmash or sits there until Kirby approaches and then shields/pokes at him? What would he learn from watching that video that would REALLY aid him in if things played out differently? Sure, maybe he learned how to stifle the other person's aggression, maybe see a few follow ups/pseudo combos, heck maybe he learns how to 0-death people. But this is all assuming things turn out his way. What is he going to do when he isn't the one controlling the flow of battle?

Take Wario vs Snake on Brinstar/some other bad stage. What would be the difference between my current videos where I camp the living hell out of Snake, versus one where I approach Snake even when I have a solid lead? In the non camping one, a player might not learn/realize that Brawl sometimes is about forcing the other guy to do the work for you, or that you CAN camp without projectiles, or that you can use the timer as a means of winning a battle, or that Snake has fairly bad options for dealing with such a thing from Wario on stages like that. You would miss out on all of that in the "other" version.

Sure, maybe in the aggressive alternate video I absolutely **** the pants off of the Snake player in some elaborate 0-death trap back to back ending with a rage quit and a broken controller and tears of Shame, but players would miss out on a lot of potential info and learning that way.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think that the Lucario videos need to be updated, Roy_R choked intentionally iirc because he had to go to another match or something, and I don't think that gives a player a good idea of how that kind of match is supposed to go.

I will probably put up some other videos instead, but I'm busy atm.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yes please provide me with videos. While I try to add some here myself, I don't have all the time in the world to search for videos I have missed.

BRING THEM FORTH HERE!

This also means Videos of underrepresented characters (by that I mean characters who only have 1 video up here, or even none)

Framerate

Smash Lord
Korn missed multiple opportunities to punish Chu's rolls. Kirby has a pretty bad roll and Chu did like 2 or 3 in a row. I just really have a thing against rolling in general and maybe that's just me but I think that alone ruins the match for me.

Top Bottom