• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

tocador

Smash Lord
That is one retardedly good Link. I fail to see how CF can be higher than Link in the tier list at this point.
Falcon-overrate?

The fact that Falcon can recover, and is fast, makes him actually playable aggainst chars that can pass throught link's spaming fortress, wich in fact are many!

And falcon can, run camp too(h4h4h4 warios gave us the idea) so yeah, he BARELY has more tools than link.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
And I think you are overestimating his ability, judging by the second match. He won the 3rd match on a stage Falco is nigh-unbeatable on. He wasn't actually doing that well until claptrap gave him a hand.
Oh right, because somebody isn't allowed to have a bad match with a character they took an extended break with against one of the top 3 MKs in the country. Silly me.

The fact is, Sethlon is a good Falco (probably rusty, but I'm not going to john for him), and put up a great match against a very good opponent. What about that sounds not worthy of a best video?

sasook

Smash Champion
I smile every time I see Link twirl around like an idiot (I know its called the Doopliss walk, but I prefer the twirling better).
We knew about it before that Doop guy mentioned it, and we call it Pivot Boosting.

Throwback

Smash Lord
Oh right, because somebody isn't allowed to have a bad match with a character they took an extended break with against one of the top 3 MKs in the country. Silly me.

The fact is, Sethlon is a good Falco (probably rusty, but I'm not going to john for him), and put up a great match against a very good opponent. What about that sounds not worthy of a best video?
I, personally, wasn't impressed. I know many others were.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Yeah those were unimpressive videos. I'm not saying Sethlon isn't good, I just think you should find better videos of him.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't understand how beating the 2nd best MK in the world in a tournament set with falco isn't impressive >_>.

Edit: Nevermind. People put too much emphasis on flashiness rather then effectiveness.

Popertop

Smash Champion
he got three stocked next match because DOJO adopted to his style so fast.

christ you guys are acting like these people are more than just human.

and flashiness is not as useful as smarts, for the record

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
And Dojo lost the set. Then came back in losers and beat Sethlon 3-1 and he banned japes that time. Seth still took another game on a neutral.

Dojo doesn't drop games in tournaments very often. He went through whobo not losing a single game until he played M2K in the 2nd set of the grand finals. This includes 2-0'ing LeeMartin/Roy_R, 3-0'ing DSF, 5-0ing Tyrant, and 3-0ing M2K.

Seeing the rest of texas catch up to him is scary :).

boss8

Smash Hero
And Dojo lost the set. Then came back in losers and beat Sethlon 3-1 and he banned japes that time. Seth still took another game on a neutral.

Dojo doesn't drop games in tournaments very often. He went through whobo not losing a single game until he played M2K in the 2nd set of the grand finals. This includes 2-0'ing LeeMartin/Roy_R, 3-0'ing DSF, 5-0ing Tyrant, and 3-0ing M2K.

Seeing the rest of texas catch up to him is scary :).
then lost to candy :laugh:

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
I don't even see how Link is still bottom tier and I've been saying it forever. Most -low- tier characters couldn't do that.
Difficulty causes a lot of people to shy away from playing with him. (Less popularity = less development = lower tier) There's a lot more going on than what looks like, especially with all the pivoting and whatnot. That's not to say he'll ever be more than mediocre, but I could see how he could rise up a bit.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Pk8UiKEmo

This video is technically a little old now, but it was just uploaded. This is really, really good gameplay between two good players. As an aside, it also accurately shows the state of the current-ish ZSS metagame and what she looks like when played to potential (minus a few recent "discoveries" like pivot rolls). So I'm "nominating" it for ZSS.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well if you guys want I can try to run this project/thread. I'll even try to actively search for vids of various characters, post them in here, and get the rest of your opinions on whether they should be added or not. I also would think about two separate sections for each character, one for more aggressive videos and one for more passive videos if possible(vids of me being near the far end of passive obviously lol).

Just an idea :)

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Well if you guys want I can try to run this project/thread. I'll even try to actively search for vids of various characters, post them in here, and get the rest of your opinions on whether they should be added or not. I also would think about two separate sections for each character, one for more aggressive videos and one for more passive videos if possible(vids of me being near the far end of passive obviously lol).

Just an idea :)
This sounds like a really fantastic idea.

If youd like to update my link vid thatd be nice. If anyone is unaware of what links top lvl metagame looks like right now than you should definately check it out.

Losers finals match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjKfbHKrvDE&feature=channel

Legan wtf, this is clearly your best video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_nePUybT4o

:p

Supermodel From Paris said:
I don't even see how Link is still bottom tier and I've been saying it forever. Most -low- tier characters couldn't do that.
Seriously, I have always believed that Link is mid tier. Him and Yoshi are reaaalllyy under rated. Mostly though, Legan is just really top tier. Like, hawt sex, to the max.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok two things:

1. I have realized some may have trouble seeing the Red and Green Text due to Red-Green Colorblindness. What colors do you guys suggest I use? (Nothing too fancy or ridiculously specific like Bubble Gum Pink, Apple Pie Red, Cool Blue, Disappearing Text, Multi Colored/color changing, etc.)

2. You guys help me fill in the empty character spots. I notice that characters like G&W have no vids listed, despite there clearly being great vids out there somewhere showcasing great G&W gameplay.

Also because I am removing some of the older vids at this time, some more characters will be empty in their section. I would be glad if you guys found me some videos of those characters to put up in place of the ones I am taking down. Thank you.

sasook

Smash Champion
Question: what if it's an old vid but still a great match and still demonstrates great skill?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Question: what if it's an old vid but still a great match and still demonstrates great skill?
If the video demonstrates a fairly close representation of the current metagame, I will probably allow it. The exception is to REALLY old vids, like anything past November of 08' is probably the absolute cutoff for old videos, and even then the video would have to be a brilliancy for me to keep it.

An example of this is Ninjalink vs M2K with Diddy. A lot of people would find the video awe inspiring, historically important, etc. While that may be so, the video is terribly out dated, and the metagame represented in the video is too far off the current one, even though those two players obviously have a ton of skill and know the matchup well.

Edit:

As much as I love Zac, I do not think I should use that video. I know him personally and I am sure he has some better vids out there. Most of my criticisms of that video involve the Falco player instead of Zac.

Reposting because my video is really old on there. I would rather you replace the match with this since it's better imo.
I will get to that in a second. Trying to get rid of the super old stuff first and then restocking it with fresh/more videos.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Ok two things:

1. I have realized some may have trouble seeing the Red and Green Text due to Red-Green Colorblindness. What colors do you guys suggest I use? (Nothing too fancy or ridiculously specific like Bubble Gum Pink, Apple Pie Red, Cool Blue, Disappearing Text, Multi Colored/color changing, etc.)

2. You guys help me fill in the empty character spots. I notice that characters like G&W have no vids listed, despite there clearly being great vids out there somewhere showcasing great G&W gameplay.

Also because I am removing some of the older vids at this time, some more characters will be empty in their section. I would be glad if you guys found me some videos of those characters to put up in place of the ones I am taking down. Thank you.
1. Yellow shows up well, draws attention, and is easy to read (as long as it's not too bright). The yellow you used to say you're doing the thread would be good to show *NEW*, I think. Maybe purple for *RECENT* (as long as it's not too dark)?

Crap, those are Wario colors. :mad: Oh well, I suppose it would fit with you in charge of the thread, amirite?

2. I nominate Holynightmare for R.O.B. - he gets beaten pretty decently in this vid, but it's by Ally, and who doesn't lose to Ally? He showed some pretty good R.O.B. play, I thought. I'm no R.O.B. expert, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fY69G9b1NE

Edit: That vid may not be the best example. I'll try to look in a bit - but Holy is certainly the best R.O.B. around.

sasook

Smash Champion
My point was, Deva, currently the best Link, really hasn't changed his style at all, and some of his best fights are pretty old. So, if these old fights demonstrate the same style as current day, then would they be allowed?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
My point was, Deva, currently the best Link, really hasn't changed his style at all, and some of his best fights are pretty old. So, if these old fights demonstrate the same style as current day, then would they be allowed?
Depends how old they are. Anything past November 2008 is almost certainly a no, if it's somewhere inbetween then and January-possibly February of 09' then I will have to take a look and see if it's somewhat close to the current metagame (I know, it's Link, not exactly a major metagame advancer or anything, but still).

If you show me some good vids of his maybe no later than January of this year, I'll throw it up til at least the end of July, where then I would probably take it down. (Ones other than his MM/set with DSF, I've seen the ones against his MK and also his Snake from back in the day.)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
My Game & Watch Nominations
  1. UTD Zac vs Kosmos
  2. UTD Zac vs Dojo
  3. Hylian vs PhantomX

I'm gonna look through OBM's vids too, so I might find more.
I like all of these, I think Hylian has some better games but for Zac those were pretty good. I like the Pirate Ship one just a tad more because of the camping (LOL sorry I do indeed love me some good old high quality running away), but both are good. I'll let you guys decide overall which one I post for Zac.

Edit: Wth this was an edit to my earlier post, and it makes a new one? Fail.

Top Bottom