• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

Nanaki

Smash Lord
I like the new color scheme :)

I'll put in Sagemoon for Pit - he plays well and wins the first match in this vid but gets rocked in the second by mikeHAZE's Marth (who is apparently tearing up everybody on the WC lately). Sage uses some nice pit tricks in the vid without forcing them into the game - the first match was good overall. Second match...not so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuvUSjFfTvk&feature=related

Do as you wish with it - I don't know if it qualifies as a 'best vid' if he gets owned in half of it.

Coffee™

I need it....
I like the new color scheme :)

I'll put in Sagemoon for Pit - he plays well and wins the first match in this vid but gets rocked in the second by mikeHAZE's Marth (who is apparently tearing up everybody on the WC lately). Sage uses some nice pit tricks in the vid without forcing them into the game - the first match was good overall. Second match...not so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuvUSjFfTvk&feature=related

Do as you wish with it - I don't know if it qualifies as a 'best vid' if he gets owned in half of it.
I'd consider that a better Marth video than a Pit one even if mike did lose.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
I'd consider that a better Marth video than a Pit one even if mike did lose.
mike makes Marth look good, for sure. Sage does play pretty well in the first match in a matchup that's definitely not in his favor, though.

You're probably right, I thought the same thing myself after I posted it.

Perhaps I'll look for better Pit vids tomorrow.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'll let other people add input on whether this should be put up or not.

The Bowser I was impressed with, however I was a bit surprised with the MK player. If you guys feel I should add it though, I shall do so.

I'll put up the Afro one in a sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Pk8UiKEmo&fmt=18

I recommended this before the pass of ownership so I'm going to mention it again; this video is really good. It's between two good players and shows the bulk of the ZSS metagame, even though it is a little old now.
OBM could have played better (Still love him though), but that does show some pretty solid ZSS gameplay. Added it is.

Flayl

Smash Hero
The Bowser I was impressed with, however I was a bit surprised with the MK player. If you guys feel I should add it though, I shall do so.
That Bowser video is not a best of Bowser vid. I fully support the Ixis video, but Serg's isn't hall of fame material if you know what I mean.

Also coming from a Bowser main I don't see what's impressive about Serg's gameplay. Are you guys that amazed Bowser can beat MK or something? It's not a terrible matchup to begin with...

B!squick

Smash Master
That Bowser video is not a best of Bowser vid. I fully support the Ixis video, but Serg's isn't hall of fame material if you know what I mean.

Also coming from a Bowser main I don't see what's impressive about Serg's gameplay. Are you guys that amazed Bowser can beat MK or something? It's not a terrible matchup to begin with...
Yeah, why'd you skip the one I posted? Ixis is the TRUTH! He had another vid where he beat an MK and beat him again on his CP, Rainbow Cruise, which is arguably better, but I read the OP and he mentioned that the Tink player he beat was more awesome and what really made people take notice of him.

Also, I <3 Serg. It may just be because he's the best Bowser in my state (myself not withstanding), but I think that MK could have done better and as Flayl said, it's a pretty even match-up.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you have Ixis's vid up.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

No I wasn't amazed that he could beat a MK player; I know myself the matchup really isn't that bad for Bowser, I was more disappointed with some of the MK player's choices like using Tornado REALLY low to recover, where Serg was able to Fsmash/punish him hard for it. I was impressed because I saw him do some fairly creative things, like using one of the Sliding lower platforms to Koopa Claw Hop onto the stage to the Koopa Claw the MK. I mean it's not game breaking or anything, but I thought it was thinking more outside the box in the moment.

Yeah, why'd you skip the one I posted? Ixis is the TRUTH! He had another vid where he beat an MK and beat him again on his CP, Rainbow Cruise, which is arguably better, but I read the OP and he mentioned that the Tink player he beat was more awesome and what really made people take notice of him.

Also, I <3 Serg. It may just be because he's the best Bowser in my state (myself not withstanding), but I think that MK could have done better and as Flayl said, it's a pretty even match-up.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you have Ixis's vid up.
Yeah I added that one almost as soon as you posted it in here.

Alright, Serg's vid down from nomination.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820

sasook

Smash Champion
Depends how old they are. Anything past November 2008 is almost certainly a no, if it's somewhere inbetween then and January-possibly February of 09' then I will have to take a look and see if it's somewhat close to the current metagame (I know, it's Link, not exactly a major metagame advancer or anything, but still).

If you show me some good vids of his maybe no later than January of this year, I'll throw it up til at least the end of July, where then I would probably take it down. (Ones other than his MM/set with DSF, I've seen the ones against his MK and also his Snake from back in the day.)
Very well. I'm posting from my phone right now since I'm on vacation, and my phone has a limited post count, but when I get back (which would be the weekend) I'd like to discuss this with you further, probably through VMs or PMs.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG, did you see my post?
Yeah, sorry I've been tired. That and I keep copying your links and when I paste them they turned out malformed for whatever reason, even though they are fine when I click on them in your post. I'll fix it in 5 minutes or something/

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I would just like to say the the Roy match for Fox definitely does not deserve to be up there. The MK is terrible, the Fox is mediocre at best, and the most "impressive" thing about the video is reverse SHDLs.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I'ma nominate me vs Cyphus for Toon Link. It's recent, June 19th, 2009, we both know the matchup very well, and I'm pretty sure it's the top of Toon Link's metagame right now. Examples of SHDA, SHDB, BBQ, iBomb, correct spacing, ledge game, combos, mindgames, kill setups, all of that fancy stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzaN-rWq2MA

Flayl

Smash Hero
That's a lot of acronyms for techniques that probably aren't advanced in the first place =/

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I would just like to say the the Roy match for Fox definitely does not deserve to be up there. The MK is terrible, the Fox is mediocre at best, and the most "impressive" thing about the video is reverse SHDLs.
Right now I have been focused on removing the older videos and adding new videos. In a little bit I will go over each video that is up and see if it needs to stay.

I'ma nominate me vs Cyphus for Toon Link. It's recent, June 19th, 2009, we both know the matchup very well, and I'm pretty sure it's the top of Toon Link's metagame right now. Examples of SHDA, SHDB, BBQ, iBomb, correct spacing, ledge game, combos, mindgames, kill setups, all of that fancy stuff.

not like super advanced but they require good timing.

I'm just curious about what BBQ is :p
I'm a bit curious as well. So far, I'm now hungry for BBQ.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
not like super advanced but they require good timing.

I'm just curious about what BBQ is :p
BBQ = SH bair -> FF Reversed Quickdraw (lagless arrow). It's pretty hard finger-wise (hard to FF and not pull out a bomb, much less reverse the arrow).

Hyro is mad good.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
One of the videos nominated for Review : Fogo. That vid is vs me and imo shouldn't be up there. Reason being, that was my first ROB vs D3 match in addition to just picking up the character. I knew little about the d3 vs rob matchup as ROB (along with many other rob matchups) and the video doesn't display anything new or up to date.

Not even close to the current metagame for this game at the moment imo.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
One of the videos nominated for Review : Fogo. That vid is vs me and imo shouldn't be up there. Reason being, that was my first ROB vs D3 match in addition to just picking up the character. I knew little about the d3 vs rob matchup as ROB (along with many other rob matchups) and the video doesn't display anything new or up to date.

Not even close to the current metagame for this game at the moment imo.
Sounds fine, vid has been taken down from nomination.

Also, if anyone wants to discuss the older videos I have taken down, now would be the time to do so. Tomorrow I am deleting that list so it won't clutter up everything.

Also Fogo do you have any more current videos? I'm trying not to add any videos that are past early February of this year.

Moozle

Smash Champion

I'd just say that this match makes me want to play TL lol. It definitely deserves to be on here in my opinion.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
BBQ = SH bair -> FF Reversed Quickdraw (lagless arrow). It's pretty hard finger-wise (hard to FF and not pull out a bomb, much less reverse the arrow).

Hyro is mad good.
It's actually extremely easy. I got it on my first try a long time ago and have never failed to do it since then lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sorry Hylian, not all of us can be FRAME PERFECT!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
omg that pt is so awesome it should be on that list
Regardless of how competent you may or may not be, this Dedede is pretty bad at playing Dedede. He wasn't abusing his best options much at all. He was letting himself be a punching bag for most of the time when he had lots of options to choose from.

I like the Up-B KO with Charizard, though--I might have to remember that for the future.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Also Fogo do you have any more current videos? I'm trying not to add any videos that are past early February of this year.
Yeah i got some, I'll put them up sometime this week.

Also ruin, that video's metagame is current, at least from the DDD stand point it is, and you've been playing rob for over 2 months >_>

Hyro

Smash Lord
That's a lot of acronyms for techniques that probably aren't advanced in the first place =/
SHDA = Short Hop Double Arrow
SHDB = Short Hop Double Bomb
BBQ = Bair Backwards (fast falled) Quickdraw
iBomb = Invincible Bomb

Yay for techs :lick:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Regardless of how competent you may or may not be, this Dedede is pretty bad at playing Dedede. He wasn't abusing his best options much at all. He was letting himself be a punching bag for most of the time when he had lots of options to choose from.

I like the Up-B KO with Charizard, though--I might have to remember that for the future.
^^^That was my main concern about adding the video Magik. Don't get me wrong, I like Brinstar videos, but Dedede was getting beat up pretty bad without putting up much of a good fight. It's still up for nomination, so if enough people legitimately think it should go up then I will add it.

Top Bottom