• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Wow WTF?

Why is everybody being such a **** to NL?

NL has helped this thread so much and all his videos are pretty entertaining even if he doesn't main the character lol
For my part, I made a well-meaning joke, and he's the one that overreacted to it. Then he made the rather insulting claim that his ZSS would be the ZSS to imitate rather than Snakeee's or Claw's.

I don't mind that he doesn't want to post vids of ZSS; that's entirely his prerogative. But he's bought into the brown nosing, and believes it when people assume that just because he's NinjaLink, no matter who he's playing, his way of playing them is the peak of imitability. I have respect for him as a player, and it's unfortunate he decided to bounce on the whole thread instead of just putting his antagonists on his ignore list, but he needs a dose of perspective, as well as a chill pill.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
For my part, I made a well-meaning joke, and he's the one that overreacted to it. Then he made the rather insulting claim that his ZSS would be the ZSS to imitate rather than Snakeee's or Claw's.

I don't mind that he doesn't want to post vids of ZSS; that's entirely his prerogative. But he's bought into the brown nosing, and believes it when people assume that just because he's NinjaLink, no matter who he's playing, his way of playing them is the peak of imitability. I have respect for him as a player, and it's unfortunate he decided to bounce on the whole thread instead of just putting his antagonists on his ignore list, but he needs a dose of perspective, as well as a chill pill.
Right. I'm definitely impressed by his playing, but I'm never impressed enough that I'm going to "brown nose" to get someone to continue to contribute to a community. If he wants to help the community out, it should by his own volition anyway, not because people begged him or treated him a certain way.

Look at it this way. He could have started a thread called "NinjaLink's Videos Thread" in the proper forum, but instead he chose to post them all in the "Best Videos of Each Character" thread, self-nominating himself every time. What could that possibly say about a person, and why would you want to encourage that kind of obnoxious telegraphing anyway?

YourSuperiour

Smash Rookie
I can't believe what you're doing to NinjaLink. His videos are some of the most unique and entertaining clips out there, not to mention the fact that he is an amazing player. I hope you can come to your senses before we lose this prolific contributor...

If you're really itching for videos, try his profile on youtube. This discussion makes it sound like there aren't any.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Right. I'm definitely impressed by his playing, but I'm never impressed enough that I'm going to "brown nose" to get someone to continue to contribute to a community. If he wants to help the community out, it should by his own volition anyway, not because people begged him or treated him a certain way.
I'm going to take offense at your accusations of brown nosing. We were not begging him to do so. He was contributing the videos anyway, and now some people are intentionally pissing him off without any antagonism.

But R@vyn has the right idea anyway. Let's get this back on topic. If you want to continue to insult me or anyone else, please do so via pm.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Wrong and the fact you got such an idea only displays you did not understand his intentions.
he simply does not want to play people who are IMITATING.
As in people who are not LEARNING from what he is doing.

That s why he has reservations, not that he gains an ego boost or that hs ZSS is better than the aforementioned people.

So if h went to a tourney and found someone who was imitating his playing style, not learning from it, of course he will refrain from posting more videos.
Why post a video when everyone els eis merely imitating it?
Then when he faces them in a tourney and trashes them, they dnot look at, "where did I go wrong? How can I improve?" they go, I wonder what NL was doing
perhaps it is because from his experience the behavior of people is something he dislikes and feels that posting the vids isn't benefiting anyone?
WOMG HE MAY ACTUALLY BE THINKING OF THE COMMUNITY!

By all means he should leave if people are going to push it this far.

Oh and what does everyone use for their videos? As in recording equiptment.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
personally, i think a ninjalink's video's thread would have been great.

and i agree with the chick from paris.

sorry i dont have any vids to contribute to the thread

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Wrong and the fact you got such an idea only displays you did not understand his intentions.
he simply does not want to play people who are IMITATING.
As in people who are not LEARNING from what he is doing.
I don't think it's necessarily my fault if I misunderstood him. He said nothing about learning.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
he spoke about imitation no?
If someone imitates you, s it, or is it not easy to break it?
The point is that with the discourse being all about imitation, it was easier to arrive at a misinterpretation. I think you underestimate how amazingly ambiguous he was being.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
The point is that with the discourse being all about imitation, it was easier to arrive at a misinterpretation. I think you underestimate how amazingly ambiguous he was being.
Which of course would require you to ask for clarification rather than make an assumption.
Thats like jumping into water on a hot summer day only to find its actually freezing.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Which of course would require you to ask for clarification rather than make an assumption.
Thats like jumping into water on a hot summer day only to find its actually freezing.
And the horrible analogies begin.

Y'know, there are those of us who try to be clear and unambiguous from the beginning. But even then, your point is moot, given what SFP is saying below.

He actually said the word "learning."
Y'know, you're right. And he didn't even want people learning from him, either...

MAKLE

Smash Rookie
I still like NinjaLink betta though...
matta fact NinjaLink for best

Lucas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yn5ZRouWqI
Toon Link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tc6Nqw-wuU
Pit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTfQ582H-DU
Ness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk9ErhIWdcs
Wario http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O833iy9qfF4 (watch from 2:30)
PT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSHXZJocy5Q
Marth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji1s4aGvlvQ

just to name some...
LMAO
if you dont believe me watch the vids
if u dont watch the vids dont reply!

boss8

Smash Hero
i play with ninjalink during most major turneys he seems to get smarter and smarter after every game.....

ninjalink just seems to crack over pressure....but he is still an AMAZING player.....

one of the best in brawl out right now...

MAKLE

Smash Rookie
i play with ninjalink during most major turneys he seems to get smarter and smarter after every game.....

ninjalink just seems to crack over pressure....but he is still an AMAZING player.....

one of the best in brawl out right now...
not to sound stalker(ish) but
i sware i watch you and ninjalinks videos
EVERYDAY

Top Bottom