• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I dont plan to put up ZSS vids being theres some in the area. I dont feel like having more ppl copy me thats around me. Its annoying.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
why is everyone asking me to put up ZSS vids? Isnt there ppl to watch for inspiration besides me?
They aren't. Only a couple.. And maybe not everyone is "out to copy you" m'lad but just curious. There are other better people to watch if you want to copy people who play ZSS all the time and know the character inside-out.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
They aren't. Only a couple.. And maybe not everyone is "out to copy you" m'lad but just curious. There are other better people to watch if you want to copy people who play ZSS all the time and know the character inside-out.
u'd be surprised.........

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
u'd be surprised.........
Don't take this the wrong way, but if you're not going to bust out ZSS at a tourney there's no reason to keep your super secret special playstyle to yourself anyway. I love ZSS but she's pretty one-dimensional and other than playing with a lot of precision there's not much you could be doing that's different from anyone else.

Unless you're using a lot of nair. Nair is such a good move, people need to use it more.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I doubt it.
Don't take this the wrong way, but if you're not going to bust out ZSS at a tourney there's no reason to keep your super secret special playstyle to yourself anyway. I love ZSS but she's pretty one-dimensional and other than playing with a lot of precision there's not much you could be doing that's different from anyone else.

Unless you're using a lot of nair. Nair is such a good move, people need to use it more.
Doesnt matter if i use her in tourney or not. If i have to deal with the ppl who were learning from me, it gets annoying. I deal with it already. I dont wanna add more to it. And i do use nair alot lmao

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Indeed. Would be awful to lose a friendly to someone who's spent weeks studying your habits. Don't know how I'd cope. Best to keep your secrets close to heart I guess.

:)

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Indeed. Would be awful to lose a friendly to someone who's spent weeks studying your habits. Don't know how I'd cope. Best to keep your secrets close to heart I guess.

:)
ur not gettin it. If i have to fight a ZSS in tourney and they are using stuff learned from me.......GET IT NOW?!

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
ur not gettin it. If i have to fight a ZSS in tourney and they are using stuff learned from me.......GET IT NOW?!
Oh riiiight. Of course that makes perfect sense.

You might want to see somebody about delusions of grandeur. No matter how good you are nobody's relying on watching your video's to be good. You can barely improve at all from watching videos. If you lose to anyone in a tourney it's because they outplayed you that particular game. Nobody can be better then you by copying you. And that's assuming you're as amazingly innovative with Zero Suit as you seem to think you are in the first place. : D

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
r u purposely tryin to annoy me?
Yes.

But that in itself doesn't make anything I say any less true now does it?

I never said i think anything.
Eh show me where I read you wrong. I think I've got the right idea.

Stop tryin to antagonize me.
:(

You're a brave man. Let's hope you don't fight a Pokemon Trainer in a tourney who copies you and...

Uses Grabs and Rock Smash. :O

Scary stuff.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Xiahou, you're a fool if you think that nobody watches anyone, not even just NL, to learn stuff. Stop posting nonsense.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Xiahou, you're a fool if you think that nobody watches anyone, not even just NL, to learn stuff. Stop posting nonsense.
You're a fool if you think I don't know that you can pick up some things from watching vids. Of course you can learn stuff. But not that much, you can only improve a small amount. I have no patience for those who think that everyone is out to copy them and if they post their vids instantly the character will be revolutionised. It's just egotistical is all.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
That "small amount" of stuff might not be spacing or zoning, but if it's doing something like taking an attack and making a new use out of it, then yes, you can expect to people use it in tournaments. And, yes, I'm pretty sure people have taken stuff they've seen in videos and it has made the difference between a win and a loss.

I hardly think that people really think everyone is out to copy them, but I do think that people will see someone put a move to a new use and then try that on even those they learn it from. Whether that's good or bad is not my concern, but it's not pretentious behavior - that's just what people DO in a community such as this. As for ZSS, as far as I know, she's one of those characters that is picking up in popularity, so by posting videos showing the current "metagame" of ZSS, people will just copy that style. He might not've worded it in a PC way, but that's what I interpreted it as.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Whether that's good or bad is not my concern, but it's not pretentious behavior - that's just what people DO in a community such as this.
Haha. Actually it isn't what people do. In many large competitive gaming scenes games being recorded and shown by top players is actually mandatory and everyone gets everything put up. This attitude is pretentious. Whether THAT is good or bad is not my call. But trying to keep everything to yourself can only hurt the metagame. The current "metagame" of ZSS is already shown in many videos and anybody looking to copy already has everything they need. He acts as though he has something drastically different to show people, the only thing he could possibly do is help this problem or leave it as it is. He can't make it worse.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Maybe NL isn't playing a "top" player. Maybe he's just playing good people, but not top ones. Maybe they're friendlies. It's not like it's NL vs. M2K or Azen in all of those videos.

And, yes, people do refuse to put up videos for various reasons. Where in the world do they never refuse?

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Are you always this much of a drama queen?

Dude if you just quit tomorrow we'd all get on just fine.
And if you (and Xiahou as well) weren't such an idiot, we'd still have a great player still providing massive amounts of footage for the community. NL puts up great matches on a weekly basis, despite his reservations.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
And, yes, people do refuse to put up videos for various reasons. Where in the world do they never refuse?
Korea.

purposely tryin to be a ****. I'm done here.

*unsubscribes*
*Blows kiss*

And if you (and Xiahou as well) weren't such an idiot, we'd still have a great player still providing massive amounts of footage for the community. NL puts up great matches on a weekly basis, despite his reservations.
And if he didn't have idiots riding on his every word all the time he wouldn't have such a high maintenance sense of self esteem, so he wouldn't be bothered by somethign so trivial.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
He wouldn't have any reason to have reservations if it wasn't such an ego boost (read: stop kissing ***).

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
It's not kissing ***. It's called having respect for someone that actually tries to help the community instead of just talking trash on a forum.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Oh man somebody isn't posting their vids when they have no obligation to do so! Let's cry and spam about it, 'cause we sure as hell ain't gonna get good at this game by our own!

Did I mention none of our own videos would be considered for selection because we suck?

Top Bottom