• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
You don't understand. You can use your everyday experiences in you doubles games. Like CGIng and gimping. Oh, and then you can use your DOUBLES SKILLS in your REAL LIFE! Saving your partner can be used if your significant other chokes or something!
TEAM SPACING!!
With comments like that...I don't think so.
All I've done is created a playstyle based on working WITH your partner CONSTANTLY. No other competitive community I've been a part of does things with such little teamwork.

I give examples of things outside of brawl to help people understand. I talk about halo because I think it is very easy to understand. In halo(how the best players play) every single action you do is with the team in mind. It should be the same in brawl doubles. A person who has a certain level of skill and works well with a team is much more wanted than someone who has great individual skill(wins all is 1v1 battles) but doesn't work well with the team. In halo even if you have the best shot you are never looking for 1v1 battles. You want to engage in a fight, when you know one of your partners have a different angle for a team shot. Few people are that cocky to just go around thinking they can dominate the other team by themselves(and they aren't liked by there partners since they do alot of selfish actions that end up hurting the team). Yet this is what you see in brawl and the funny thing is that it works in our community most of the time. But that is why my boy Cassio's comment is so good. It is solely because US brawl doubles is EXTREMELY underdeveloped.

Playing as a team CONSTANTLY IS possible in brawl and IS the best thing to do. This has been proven by Otori and Kakera at Apex, and also can be seen by Esam and Mekos gameplay.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Doubles is essentially an organized free-for-all, most evident during the frequent cluster****s that can occur even with the most experienced teams present.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Wrong...

What you just said is even the most experienced teams I have seen play have terrible team spacing. And I agree with you. Read Cassio's comment please.
So for our current level of play you are correct.

MVD

Smash Master
With comments like that...I don't think so.
All I've done is created a playstyle based on working WITH your partner CONSTANTLY. No other competitive community I've been a part of does things with such little teamwork.

I give examples of things outside of brawl to help people understand. I talk about halo because I think it is very easy to understand. In halo(how the best players play) every single action you do is with the team in mind. It should be the same in brawl doubles. A person who has a certain level of skill and works well with a team is much more wanted than someone who has great individual skill(wins all is 1v1 battles) but doesn't work well with the team. In halo even if you have the best shot you are never looking for 1v1 battles. You want to engage in a fight, when you know one of your partners have a different angle for a team shot. Few people are that cocky to just go around thinking they can dominate the other team by themselves(and they aren't liked by there partners since they do alot of selfish actions that end up hurting the team). Yet this is what you see in brawl and the funny thing is that it works in our community most of the time. But that is why my boy Cassio's comment is so good. It is solely because US brawl doubles is EXTREMELY underdeveloped.

Playing as a team CONSTANTLY IS possible in brawl and IS the best thing to do. This has been proven by Otori and Kakera at Apex, and also can be seen by Esam and Mekos gameplay.
that's because some examples you use are hilarious and funny, we just poke fun cause FL ppl are ****s like that :p

:phone:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Eh I guess. I just am really passionate and wish some people could get it(understand and have the skill to implement it).

Shaky and Nick Riddle is always a team I am rooting for. If Shaky and Nick Riddle could implement what I am talking about they would probably win a national.

The funny thing is if you watch their youtube vids, the times they are doing amazing things is when they are doing what I'm talking about(they just happen to be in the position for it). They lose because they don't focus on having good team spacing CONSTANTLY. They chase like crazy and miss sooooooo many healing opportunities. You are in control of your character and instead of them to focus on team spacing and their own team tactics, they chase and force unneeded 1v1 battles. And this ALWAYS cost them the match(when they lose).

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Wtf
That was a terrible Snake

Ftilt shield spotdodge ftilt shield spotdodge x9000

None of these videos seem to showcase particularly good gameplay but I don't know how much it takes to be considered 'good' Mario/Link gameplay...but it doesn't seem like these cut it. Not even close.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
The OP slips in and out of consciousness. It's been a while since we've been able to get through to it, we fear the worse. It might just be best to let it rest in peace.

Simply enjoy the company of those that visit bearing gifts and 'get well' videos.
It's not much, but it means a lot.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Dsmash x2 --> ftilt --> uair x2
Dsmash --> 1st hit fair --> dash attack --> dtilt --> uair

God damn
I mean who the **** uses ftilt XD

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
K, welcome to the ALL NEW Top Ten Videos of Each Character thread!

It's been 4 years and we still don't have any Zelda videos "up to par"? Freakin smashboards.

Instead of a vague "best of" thread that no one wants/can accurately update, we're gonna be running a top ten list. Popular videos are added to the list, unpopular videos are rejected.

And finally back in alphabetical order. Instead of an arbitrary tier list spread. :mad:

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Hahzah! IT LIVESSSS!

Is it 10 vids for each character? If so that's too much. We barely have enough vids for each char as it is. Maybe 5?

Tesh

Smash Hero
You kidding? Its not like its top 10 players. Any bad or underused character will probably just have 7+ vids of its top/flashiest main.

MVD

Smash Master
K, welcome to the ALL NEW Top Ten Videos of Each Character thread!

It's been 4 years and we still don't have any Zelda videos "up to par"? Freakin smashboards.

Instead of a vague "best of" thread that no one wants/can accurately update, we're gonna be running a top ten list. Popular videos are added to the list, unpopular videos are rejected.

And finally back in alphabetical order. Instead of an arbitrary tier list spread. :mad:
Why isn't me vs nerd number 1 for snake? :p

:phone:

Top Bottom