• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Is it?
I know nothing about the MU...and I figured Ally didn't know much either since, well, you're like the only notable PT user and AFAIK you don't play each other much.

So I thought giving extra time to de-fatigue Squirtle when you're already unfamiliar with the MU would be a bad idea. Oh well XD
Well, when discussing for the current matchup chart, Ally and I said it was +/-1, but everyone else said +/-2. At the very least, I agree with myself. :p

It was a bad idea, but, to be fair, it's not hard to fatigue Squirtle as Snake. DACUS and rolling away are both the best ever. Still, fatigue only makes Snake's struggle last longer. :D

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You have to be careful against Frame 1 grenade pull, and U-Air does a much better job of harassing Snake, since a whiff doesn't get you grabbed or tilted.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Cases like this is where the +/- ratio system kinda fails. You can add together how each individual Pokemon does vs Snake and come to the conclusion that it should be +2 Snake favor overall [which I could easily see being the case on other stages than PS1]. At the same time, one successful switch back to Squirtle - even out of a lucky occurance such as Snake tripping - could make a major difference, considering the difference between Squirtle vs Snake and the other Pokemon vs Snake seems to be like +2 or +3 match-up points.

:059:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You get more damage and are safer with U-Air, partly because of Snake's unique properties. If you ever have a choice between safe U-Tilt and safe U-Air, U-Air is best.

Gheb, the other Pokémon do pretty decently against Snake if they have space to move around, too. It's not nearly as much of a difference as you make it out to be. It's also pretty easy to get time to switch against Snake through regular fighting, because of his generally slow movement outside of DACUS.

Laem

Smash Champion
great set idd
i like how Ally is still not killing warios with GR utilt after 2 years :D

losing to his d3 is silly tho. It's 100% gimmick >.>

JTsm

Smash Master
Man, Reflex still shows he's the only PT out there that is scary good.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No such thing as a great Doubles match. Doubles requires a much more brainless set of skills.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
No such thing as a great Doubles match. Doubles requires a much more brainless set of skills.
You don't understand. You can use your everyday experiences in you doubles games. Like CGIng and gimping. Oh, and then you can use your DOUBLES SKILLS in your REAL LIFE! Saving your partner can be used if your significant other chokes or something!
TEAM SPACING!!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No, it's just that single moves are so good that when used in tandem with other characters' incredibly good moves, they become really, really difficult to deal with. Basically, a vast majority of the game becomes "use your three-ish best options over and over and over again," which is ****ing stupid and boring.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I think you just described high tier and above characters in doubles. Oh, and Fox too. :applejack:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
_-_ Sometimes I think there is no hope for our community when it comes to doubles.

It's no wonder only like 3% of the community uses any teamwork. I'm just happy Otori and Kakera came over here and proved that using teamwork is best in doubles. And if u say "oh they just double mk blah blah" then you sadly just don't get it. And I realize most people won't.

Saddens me so much. :(
Yes, Da Kid the fundamentals behind doubles is basic but the application is not. And that is why most people SUCK at it.

It's alot harder to have to read three players than just one constantly...and to understand how to be in sync with your partner.
U would be surprised to learn that in halo and most FPS what seperates the pros from the regular players is field vision skills(team spacing) and smarts on how to position themselves.
It's very basic but most people don't have the awareness. This is key for any team game. Yet, if you watch the majority of smash vids, you will see that the team spacing is extremely terrible. But this is understood as you see by this thread that many players don't respect doubles and this is why they don't truly understand it or play well in it.

@What's the point - He did! lolol. The difference is doubles creates alot more options. While singles comes down to just camping lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
What it really all comes down to is playing more strongly than the opponent. Stop trying to talk up your format of choice or be condescending toward the other.

That said, I'm pretty sure this thread is intended to showcase singles matches.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yea and analyzing what playing more strongly means
and my tone is like that because of a certain someones sarcasm toward me. So chill if u don't understand the whole situation

Cassio

Smash Master
Gonna side with Mekos on this one. He wasnt attacking singles play so much as defending the sets of skills for doubles that were being tossed aside. That being said Reflex wasnt necessarily wrong. I wouldnt say doubles is brainless, but the way its currently played by the community is and essentially fits his later description. All the intricate singles stuff ought to be replaced by intricate doubles stuff, but doubles play is extremely underdeveloped and essentially has become the two best singles players beating two other singles players instead of the development of team cohesion and doubles tactics. Its extremely apparent few in the community take it seriously and has simply turned into an event for top players to earn more money on little effort in regards to the format, which is why I rarely enter.

Also congrats Meno

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
My man Cassio!! Couldn't have said it better myself!

But I am trying to change that. It is just doesn't help when respected singles players who don't understand it constantly rebutting what I say. I mean the proof is there because I beat them in dubs. Other proof is if you watch their own dubs matches on youtube.

I dream of the day where dubs tourneys are mostly two teams working together battling it out.
Esam and I are being an example of one team working together. I am happy because alot of people are seeing the difference in our team over a team that is just winning by two separate 1v1 fights.

The fact that sight said he thinks this is just for singles helps prove our point Cassio

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
My post wasn't directed solely towards you, Mekos. It's exactly as stupid to deride singles as it is to deride doubles. Either way, the thread title clearly states "best videos of each character" and has a listing that consists only of singles videos. I am not particularly favoring one or the other, but I strongly suggest that if you want to take showcasing doubles videos further, you do so in a separate thread.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
U make good sense but this thread has obviously evolved. No one looks at the first pg. I just recently learned it had matches posted there(that are really really old).

We players who update this thread with vids and who comment here are obviously just posting great matches that show great skill. A character's/player's skills can be showcased not just in singles but also in doubles my friend.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Fair enough; just be sure to keep the arguing of the value of doubles/whatever to a minimum. That goes for all of you.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Mekos. Maybe if your character wasn't trash tier, you'd enjoy singles more and wouldn't rely on your partner to bail you out of situations that you can't handle.

=P

Everyone knows the difference between the two. I think most people focus on singles because 1. You don't have to share the money, and 2. You don't have to deal with accusations like the above

:phone:

Luigi player

Smash Master
doubles is better than singles :bee:
I always want to play doubles. its just more fun to be in a team, its also much easier than singles :awesome:

I never want to play singles at tourneys cuz its "omg so srs and stressing :("

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
Mekos. Maybe if your character wasn't trash tier, you'd enjoy singles more and wouldn't rely on your partner to bail you out of situations that you can't handle.

=P

Everyone knows the difference between the two. I think most people focus on singles because 1. You don't have to share the money, and 2. You don't have to deal with accusations like the above

I eagerly wait for a reply to this

doubles is better than singles :bee:
I always want to play doubles. its just more fun to be in a team, its also much easier than singles :awesome:

I never want to play singles at tourneys cuz its "omg so srs and stressing :("
lp, what are you talking about without Leon n Ramin around don't you win like every tourney. your good

Luigi player

Smash Master
lp, what are you talking about without Leon n Ramin around don't you win like every tourney. your good

lol no. and Im even less "around" than they are.

also its still stressful even if I'd win a tourney unless everyone is much worse

I always want to play dubs and never want to play singles lol. Always waiting till the last seconds before playing. I rather watch others play, that's more interesting ^_^

...but this thread isn't about that

I wonder why there are so few vids posted lately... the tournament-vids section is also really dead. :/

MVD

Smash Master
You don't understand. You can use your everyday experiences in you doubles games. Like CGIng and gimping. Oh, and then you can use your DOUBLES SKILLS in your REAL LIFE! Saving your partner can be used if your significant other chokes or something!
TEAM SPACING!!
TEAM SPACING!!!!!

Top Bottom