• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
No, he previously was. I'm more talking about ****ty, stupid characters that nobody cares about, like maybe we don't have the best Samus.
Aren't those types of characters mostly what your State's Power Ranking consists of? Should your rank there still be taken seriously?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
is it me or do ALL of AL arguments come down to, " YOU DON'T KNOW ME!" in a very very defensive tone as if we are right about what he does?

looks bad on AL's part

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Aren't those types of characters mostly what your State's Power Ranking consists of? Should your rank there still be taken seriously?
1. MK yeah cool whatevs
2. GaW...alright...I guess...
3. Wario alright makes sense
4. MK/Lucario yeah definitely
5. Rob...uh...yeah our bad
6. MK yeah aight
7. Peach...eh, Meno's great, what can I say.
8. Lucas....again, our bad
9. Snake yeah cool
10. Lucario he's fine here

We've gotten better in character selection. We used to be Snakes, Yoshis, Toon Links, and some Ness. CO stepped it up a bit. This isn't too say we're good, but way to join a random bandwagon.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I watched Leon vs Gluttony

Welp Leon you got a Wario matchup to learn. You don't instantly SH Fair, you SH and only Fair when Wario is close. Delay your timing and incorporate emtpy SH's with fastfalls/delayed Fair timing. SH Fair to another quick Fair? That's the easy stuff to beat. SH delayed Fairs with pivot grabs? Much harder

As for his edgeguarding, IDK. There were a lot of places he could have countered or Spiked Wario's Upb.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Leon at least tried. If you look closely, he always barely missed, or got hit out of the starting animation of his attacks.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
1. MK yeah cool whatevs
2. GaW...alright...I guess...
3. Wario alright makes sense
4. MK/Lucario yeah definitely
5. Rob...uh...yeah our bad
6. MK yeah aight
7. Peach...eh, Meno's great, what can I say.
8. Lucas....again, our bad
9. Snake yeah cool
10. Lucario he's fine here

We've gotten better in character selection. We used to be Snakes, Yoshis, Toon Links, and some Ness. CO stepped it up a bit. This isn't too say we're good, but way to join a random bandwagon.
I didn't join any bandwagon, I asked a question to see how you would respond.

Let's not assume what my intentions are, ok? :cool:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
is it me or do ALL of AL arguments come down to, " YOU DON'T KNOW ME!" in a very very defensive tone as if we are right about what he does?

looks bad on AL's part
I don't comment on people's money situation and I'd like people not to comment on mines. If that makes me look back then kudos. I'm the scourge of the Earth. Instead I get **** talked because I can't attend tourneys and people tell me no johns. When things aren't even that simple. I want to attend tourneys however, it's not in the cards for me right now. I'm not even trying to play the sympathy card. All I ask is for people to stop commenting on my tourney attendance and my inability to attend. Because right now I can't attend them. I knew I was going to be able to attend one for a while. However, since people are immature and continue to post and say no johns go to a tournament. I'm going to tell them to either pay for my way to a tourney or shut up about it. But do you cuz I'ma do me and it's whatever.

@DMG you really shouldn't look at one video you form your opinion. TBH you look type silly. That was one match from one set and I could be mistake but that was the 2nd set of Gr finals meaning Gluttony was coming from losers and I could also be mistaken on this but I believe that Leon sent him to losers. *shrugs*

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Or maybe, just maybe, people will stop bringing up your money situation if you can agree to stop talking about things you wouldn't understand if you don't attend tournaments? See? 50/50 split.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Or maybe, just maybe, people will stop bringing up your money situation if you can agree to stop talking about things you wouldn't understand if you don't attend tournaments? See? 50/50 split.
I thought you had me on ignore Queen Beef.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I don't comment on people's money situation and I'd like people not to comment on mines. If that makes me look back then kudos. I'm the scourge of the Earth. Instead I get **** talked because I can't attend tourneys and people tell me no johns. When things aren't even that simple. I want to attend tourneys however, it's not in the cards for me right now. I'm not even trying to play the sympathy card. All I ask is for people to stop commenting on my tourney attendance and my inability to attend. Because right now I can't attend them. I knew I was going to be able to attend one for a while. However, since people are immature and continue to post and say no johns go to a tournament. I'm going to tell them to either pay for my way to a tourney or shut up about it. But do you cuz I'ma do me and it's whatever.

@DMG you really shouldn't look at one video you form your opinion. TBH you look type silly. That was one match from one set and I could be mistake but that was the 2nd set of Gr finals meaning Gluttony was coming from losers and I could also be mistaken on this but I believe that Leon sent him to losers. *shrugs*
Actually, it's because you're a troll, and often flame people. Not going to tourneys for monetary reasons is legit.

Also, in the final set of Leon vs. Gluttony, realize that Gluttony relied on a lot on the conditioning that he gave Leon in the previous 11 games they played that tourney. This greatly helped him when three stocking Leon in the final game.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
The King Beef video made me angry.

It's obvious that he's a great player and he played that matchup amazingly, but he lost two ****ing stocks from Peach bomber. Why do you Peach mains use that move???

I've always thought the best part of Peach is how safe she is, but the risk reward ratio for that move is TERRIBLE.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
The King Beef video made me angry.

It's obvious that he's a great player and he played that matchup amazingly, but he lost two ****ing stocks from Peach bomber. Why do you Peach mains use that move???

I've always thought the best part of Peach is how safe she is, but the risk reward ratio for that move is TERRIBLE.
In my case, it either happens due to a wrong input while trying to pull a turnip during a dash, or I just try to make a stupid unnecessary read. It was the latter in that match. He and both laughed about it while they happened and I said "you know I just gave you two free kills because of that ****ty move right?". xD

I don't normally use it all silly like that or at all; Just occasionally for a shift in aerial movement while I'm way above someone since Peach has no reliable B reversal method or for occasional offstage gimp attempts.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
respect my nobility

*cant afford $10 for tournaments*

"nobility"

lol
Even nobles lose their position.

Are you going to answer my question?
Which question is that ?

@ Pierce IDK how I'm trolling/flaming people. It seems that if I don't agree with the popular opinion I'm trolling and the scourge of the earth. I don't see why I can't have an open honest debate with people and not be accused of trolling/flaming or whatever. I make jokes at times that may cross the line but other than that I'm pretty serious in everything I post and people just write it off as trolling.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Shut-up! It has hearts!

And get on aim!
I can't...my laptop died...forever. I'll buy a new one soon. I'm on my dads netbook. But you know I do have texting. And Facebook. I'll get on that for now.

In my case, it either happens due to a wrong input while trying to pull a turnip during a dash, or I just try to make a stupid unnecessary read. It was the latter in that match. He and both laughed about it while they happened and I said "you know I just gave you two free kills because of that ****ty move right?". xD

I don't normally use it all silly like that or at all; Just occasionally for a shift in aerial movement while I'm way above someone since Peach has no reliable B reversal method or for occasional offstage gimp attempts.
lol Yeah, understandable. I could see it kinda having it's uses...but barely.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I am an avid believer in US having the best of every character for the most part and being the best at Brawl.

But this was beautiful. I think this might actually be the best Snake. This video has to go up. Also comprehensive post coming soon of all vids nominated recently that should go up.
Ally from Canada? Japan seems to be on par with America, if not better :yeahboi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEZj4F9wrpM

From Japan. Best Snake in the world imo.
Amazing, so different from the usual snake and it works. Need update :awesome:
Beast Sheik, great last stock

etecoon

Smash Hero
I am an avid believer in US having the best of every character for the most part and being the best at Brawl.

But this was beautiful. I think this might actually be the best Snake. This video has to go up. Also comprehensive post coming soon of all vids nominated recently that should go up.
I'd like to see some other vids before I say that(any recommendations gheb?), I think he's clearly better against olimar than any snake in north america, but we suck against olimar in general because no one plays him and he's a wonky gimmicky character. but I also think this game is largely about MU's and it's not always easy to say who's the best, even with our snake's and MK's, ally and M2K are not the best at every MU with their respective characters, just the best overall

but this vid was definitely great and should be added, shu might be the best snake in the world, I just want to see more of him before I think that

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@etecoon

If you look at ssbbmania1 [youtube Channel] you'll find a LOT of new videos up. There's quite a bunch of them of Shu vs Eru [MK], Brood / Nietono [both Olimar], Tige [Diddy Kong] and daiki [Sheik].
You can also find 4 relatively new videos on numaburamovie [youtube Channel] of Shu vs RAIN and Shu vs Nietono - Shu loses all matches there though and the newer videos show him in better shape imo.

Edit: As far as him being the best Snake goes - I think so. But there's another japanese Snake player [Ganbara Nai] who looks very strong as well.

:059:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Actually, it's because you're a troll, and often flame people. Not going to tourneys for monetary reasons is legit.

Also, in the final set of Leon vs. Gluttony, realize that Gluttony relied on a lot on the conditioning that he gave Leon in the previous 11 games they played that tourney. This greatly helped him when three stocking Leon in the final game.
Conditioning or otherwise, you don't get 3 stocked as Marth vs Wario: that's like Wario getting 3 stocked against a DK player. I'm pretty sure there are better videos than that one, or at least ones from their set that are much more realistic about the matchup.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Conditioning or otherwise, you don't get 3 stocked as Marth vs Wario: that's like Wario getting 3 stocked against a DK player. I'm pretty sure there are better videos than that one, or at least ones from their set that are much more realistic about the matchup.
I've got to say I agree with this. That was an entertaining final match between those two, but I wouldn't say it necessarily demonstrates the best example of the matchup being played. That was just Gluttony blatantly outplaying Leon.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So someone linked me saying some trolling was afoot.

LOLLLLL @ Shaya ever being considered a "top" Marth, get out

he himself admitted that he considered himself inferior to all the US marths and nobody ever said anything about him being the best; he simply contributed the most points to marth on the character rankings list

Just would like to come out and state that last year I was definitely the best Marth in the entire world after:

Mike
Neo
Havok (:p)
Darkfire
Chaz

(but I said I was worse than most americans as a whole... not inferior to all us marths... that's a pretty big statement; I was like maybe High B tier Marf when there was only one S and a few scattered A's). No opinion on Europe at that point, they didn't exist. That "tiering" considered my abilities as a player too, I was most likely the most knowledgeable/researched Marth at around that time.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I watched Leon vs Gluttony

Welp Leon you got a Wario matchup to learn. You don't instantly SH Fair, you SH and only Fair when Wario is close. Delay your timing and incorporate emtpy SH's with fastfalls/delayed Fair timing. SH Fair to another quick Fair? That's the easy stuff to beat. SH delayed Fairs with pivot grabs? Much harder

As for his edgeguarding, IDK. There were a lot of places he could have countered or Spiked Wario's Upb.
Nice man, but he won't read this.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Mr-R putting up footage of him ****** Xonar is getting old XD

I knew it was him though because he's like the only pink EU MK.

:059:

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Leon plays the MU totally wrong, I agree. They are both aggressive players, but you should primarily camp Wario if he's of a proficient level.

Even nobles lose their position.

Which question is that ?

@ Pierce IDK how I'm trolling/flaming people. It seems that if I don't agree with the popular opinion I'm trolling and the scourge of the earth. I don't see why I can't have an open honest debate with people and not be accused of trolling/flaming or whatever. I make jokes at times that may cross the line but other than that I'm pretty serious in everything I post and people just write it off as trolling.
Also, lately, you haven't bothered me at all, but you've already developed this reputation.

Top Bottom