• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the top players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Ace
3. Insane Carzy Guy: Pichu pichu!
2. VBM: He's so good that he plays lightning melee.
1. XIII Ways to Die: he always remembers to l-cancel his upsmashes.

Karibola

Smash Apprentice
1. Mango
2. '07 M2k
3. Hbox/Armada

I don't care how dominant Ken was, the question is who are the 3 best players of all time not of their own time.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
1. Mango
2. '07 M2k
3. Hbox/Armada

I don't care how dominant Ken was, the question is who are the 3 best players of all time not of their own time.
Eh, thats a lot less interesting of a question. If you wanna know who the "best" players of all time, just look at the Pound 4 placings. I think what everyone is trying to answer is who are the "greatest", as in, who has the most career accomplishments.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
1. VirusBlueMage
2. ViciousBlackMagnet
3. NeighborhoodP / Cash Mooney / Renth's Alternate Account(s)

Last one is pretty close.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Although I would not disagree that M2K is one of the greatest Melee players, I think many of you are exaggerating his dominance in 2007. If I remember correctly, he only won one of the three major events, with PC winning OC3 and Chu winning Pound 2. However, to be fair, those were some of the most competitive tournaments in Melee's history.
It depends on what you consider "major events," and he probably won most of the "non-major" events he went to as well. He very easily had the best overall performance of that year; if you were to assign points for tournament placings and even controlled for tournament size, M2K would come out on top overwhelmingly. Unfortunately smash history is not particularly well documented, but I know he won Cataclysm 3, FC Diamond, two out of the three EVOs he attended, and SCC, at the very least. PC won OC3 by playing probably the best in his life, but his win-to-loss record against M2K that year was probably at least 1-to-4. I wouldn't say his dominance was exaggerated, but it was definitely shortlived.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
i remember how pc chris use to look up to the unknown ninja turtles then become a legend and beat us all up. i remember m2k at gs2 looking up to eve when he took out wes in the crew battles then magically becomes a monster within a year or 2. i remember koreandj when he first started he was crazy technical but started playing with us and again magically becomes a mix match artist with mindgame techniques and crazy reflexes. lol the roots of monster players grow from fighting the legendary unknown squad. :o ask em yourself. they probably dont remember but im sure somewhere in their brain's database its there :) sadly we suck now :(

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Eh, thats a lot less interesting of a question. If you wanna know who the "best" players of all time, just look at the Pound 4 placings. I think what everyone is trying to answer is who are the "greatest", as in, who has the most career accomplishments.
meh I will disagree here. Both my sets were last game last hit, and as a Melee player overall I definitely think I am 2nd best to Mango. i do not think Hbox and especially Armada deserved to beat me at pound4.

In my Melee years, I just was an idiot by using too many characters instead of only focusing on one like I did for Brawl metaknight. I do not consider myself 5th on a good day.

I.B

Smash Lord
I don't know. Both Armada and Hbox are doing better against Mango than you are. Then again, you're doing better against SS than Armada is :laugh:

1. Mango
2. Hbox
3. Armada
4. Amsah/M2K

t3h Icy

Smash Master
meh I will disagree here. Both my sets were last game last hit, and as a Melee player overall I definitely think I am 2nd best to Mango. i do not think Hbox and especially Armada deserved to beat me at pound4.

In my Melee years, I just was an idiot by using too many characters instead of only focusing on one like I did for Brawl metaknight. I do not consider myself 5th on a good day.
Armada's beaten you twice, taken a set off Mango, and of the American Smashers, only lost to SilentSpectre and Mango.

No offense.

Stev

Smash Ace
Armada's beaten you twice, taken a set off Mango, and of the American Smashers, only lost to SilentSpectre and Mango.

No offense.
Ya... but he's only played in 2 tournies. That's like saying you beat a guy once, you're always better than him. Too small of a sample size to compare.

Clint_Eastwood

Smash Apprentice

Armada owns you. Hungrybox owns you. Deal with it.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I believe that PP has the most potential to become the best. That dude gets exponentially better after each tournament.

The best imo (no real order):
captain jack
ken
azen
pc chris
koreanDJ
m2k
amsah
armada
mango

hbox is priy gud too.

CaptainEvilStomper9

Smash Apprentice
I'm really impressed with PP to. I feel instead of playing similar to other players he comes up with his own style that works. I can't really see a hint of any other falco's game in his style. He ftilts more then any other top falco I've seen.

Aznox99

Smash Rookie
I feel that Ken, M2K, and Mango are the top three best Melee players. I believe that this is so because Ken got a spot on a reality television show for his exploits, M2K beat the entire West Coast on his own and has an awesome game-face, and Mango is just adorable.

I am a man.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
lol, All due respect to Armada, but I still STRONGLY feel M2k is better. Also, Amsah ROLLS over everything else EU has to offer. Outside of the obvious Ken, M2k, Mango, then we're looking at Azen, PC Chris, KDJ, SS, Amsah.

Hbox just uses Puff and plays gay. That's legit, but it doesn't really earn a legacy, if you know what I mean. It was basically like, "Oh, look what Mango can do with Puff. I'm going to do it too, JUST GAYER." But Mango's got the talent and that's why he wins.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Ken, M2k and Mango are the top 3 ever.

and M2k is better overall than hbox and armada and his sets where mad close.

Öni

Smash Cadet
Let M2K beat Armada twice in PAL and he is better than Armada.
But as long he is still losing (no matter if it's close or not) with his overpowered NTSC characters he is definately not better than Armada.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Another vote for Ken/M2K/Mang0. Second string would be Azen, PC, KDJ, Amsah, Bombsoldier (forget about him?), etc. I don't wanna pick Armada or Hbox or PP because they haven't peaked yet, I don't think, so we'll see.

I think if M2K had any self-confidence he could beat Armada and probably also Hungrybox, but he just doesn't consistently play above their level recently. I'm a believer, though. he'll bring it back one of these days.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i've always like Lambchops playstyle, i'd put him in, but i haven't seen him play at all.

Top as of now would probably be:
Mango
Mew2King
Some Euro person.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
lol, All due respect to Armada, but I still STRONGLY feel M2k is better. Also, Amsah ROLLS over everything else EU has to offer. Outside of the obvious Ken, M2k, Mango, then we're looking at Azen, PC Chris, KDJ, SS, Amsah.

Hbox just uses Puff and plays gay. That's legit, but it doesn't really earn a legacy, if you know what I mean. It was basically like, "Oh, look what Mango can do with Puff. I'm going to do it too, JUST GAYER." But Mango's got the talent and that's why he wins.
He hasn't earned a legacy because he's still fairly new at being on top. Once he proves himself a bit more, then I will say he deserves it. Just because Hbox plays a "gayer" puff doesn't mean he doesn't have the talent. He just plays really efficiently. Other than Armada, Hbox is one of the only players to come really close to beating Mango.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom