• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Kirby Players(changed from Top 10)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Timmy hasn't even posted any tourney placings.

All he said is that he thinks he should be #2 but shows us nothing to back his claim.

So no, Timmy definitely shouldn't be #2 until he shows us something more than personal bias.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
What you guys should do is make a criteria for who is the best Kirby and then see who fits that criteria best. Honestly I couldn't care less about this thread anymore, for several reasons that I will not go into. However I would like the good Kirby players to at least look at my video, just so that they could see how good I am. I don't want a rating or a placing. I just want people to know whose out there like me, and people like video proof so I got two videos recorded just so you guys could see.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197180

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Gonzo, your reply to my post shows why I think you have potential. A scrub would have just said 'I don't care what you said, I'm the best', but you reflected on your aptitude of the game and looked at where you were heading with improvement. I hope to play you one day. :)

SheerMadness, you're right, I didn't back up my claim. Then again, Chudat hasn't said anything on the matter at all and so far everyone agrees him being #1. The simple fact is, Chu has the most experience playing Smash than anyone else who posts here (not counting Mew2King even though he's posted occassiaionly, of course). I didn't expect anyone to get ruffled at my opinion putting me in second spot the same way I wouldn't expect anyone to object to if Chudat posted his opinions on the subject. The community knows players who have been around for a long time, played in lots of tournaments (including multiple major tournaments), and have displayed their skill through their own performances.

Of course, if that's not enough for you, you an always go here:
http://www.allisbrawl.com/medals.aspx?id=223

Those are some rankings of tournaments dating all the way back to 2006. Before that, TIA wasn't commonplace or invented for the tournaments I went to.

Edit:
Medals have been moved here:
http://nintendodojo.com/medals.aspx?id=223

Last edited:

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
Ok well it seems there are some different opinions on the number 2 spot. It could be cause of rivalry or personal bias, or somethin prolly a bit less complex i dunno. Its cool tho, we can still discuss it and stuff. But to change topics for a bit, lets go to the online ranking part of this thread. I figured it would be alot funner than the offline ranking and prolly a bit less tension. ^_^

Who do yall think should be the number 1 on this thread? I myself nominate ShadowDragonG(AKA SD) and SOUP. But im in a bind about whos the better of the 2. I also have some thoughts on Mr Carter as well, however my lack of knowledge regarding his skill online is what has me thinking twice. But with that said who do yall think should be the number 1 online?? If possible, lets keep the discussion down to peeps who do casually play online(so basically that means no1 who stopped playing like 2 or 3 months ago).

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I don't have anything against Timmy. I'm just not going to agree with someone who rates themselves as #2 without giving any reasons at all.

Those are some pritty good tourney results Timmy.

My only question would be if getting 1st-3rd at 25 person Oregon tourney is any better than getting 5th-13th at a 60-120 person California, Florida, Texas, or Virgina tourney?

Thus why it's going to be very hard to determine a clear cut top 5.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
imo, online.

1. mr. carter
2. T-nuts
3. blank00
4. soup
5. smashbros.guy

although, i have never played sheermadness, smileystation, or SD. also, Asdioh is a pretty good online kirby as well.

EDIT: Deg222 would be #1 if he played.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
imo, online.

1. mr. carter
2. T-nuts
3. blank00
4. soup
5. smashbros.guy

although, i have never played sheermadness, smileystation, or SD. also, Asdioh is a pretty good online kirby as well.

EDIT: Deg222 would be #1 if he played.
I dunno who 1, 3, or 5 are D:
T-nuts is quite good
SOUP beat me in Kirby dittos, even though he mains Toon Link. The lag was horrible though.
ShadowDragon should be up there because he's sexy.
Asdioh is pretty good.
Deg might be good enough for #1, I've never seen him play any of the other top 5 though.

You know, I got better at Kirby because of SD and Deg <3

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
I dunno who 1, 3, or 5 are D:
T-nuts is quite good
SOUP beat me in Kirby dittos, even though he mains Toon Link. The lag was horrible though.
ShadowDragon should be up there because he's sexy.
Asdioh is pretty good.
Deg might be good enough for #1, I've never seen him play any of the other top 5 though.

You know, I got better at Kirby because of SD and Deg <3
Deg doesnt play anymore is why i didnt mention him.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
Dude, you're either being modest, or overconfident. oh never mind.
haha, that was hilarious.

I think I would actually put Asdioh at number 5 now because I havent played smashbros.guy in months and asdioh is a cool guy =D

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I think the only good Kirby I've played online was ShadowDragon, and he was pretty awesome. That was ... months ago.

I too am wondering how online ranking is going to be done. Perhaps based on ladder results?

Percon

Smash Lord
How nice of my fellow Canadians to mention me! :D

I'm nothing special, though. I did ok at CH4 thankfully

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193184

Just to clarify, I went pretty much 100% Kirby in singles, except for one game as Snake which I lost. I'm only listed as Snake because I went Snake in doubles, which is where everyone seemed to remember me. :/

Here's a good video of me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0W8j71IMdw

Grabbing 0% falcos is fun :D

Again, nothing amazing but I'd like to think I'm the best Canadian Kirby :p

...but such thoughts are but fleeting fantasies. I digress. <3

/laaaame self-advertisement

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
haha, that was hilarious.

I think I would actually put Asdioh at number 5 now because I havent played smashbros.guy in months and asdioh is a cool guy =D
That'd be cool, especially since you spelled my name right.

But I'm kinda scared...I think Bunny might pwn me next time I play her :(
I didn't get to 1v1 her in Kirby dittos, but I DID play her in a (laggy) FFA today, and when items are on, watch out. She pwns. I get the crappy Assist Trophies (the bat that moves the screen, the guy that summons the big building (I got that one twice)). She gets the good Assist Trophies...that one lady who stays still for like 5 seconds and then autokills you. :( she got that one twice

hint: don't turn into a rock, she does more than 30 damage

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I hate FFAs and Items. XD

I just thought "Oh what the hell" and decided to do it since you were hosting. ^^;
At least you kinda got a sneak peek at my Kirby. ;3

ron561

Smash Journeyman
<is the number 1 tnuts listed ;o

well i like to say me n deg are about equal skill..last time we played i won the majority of matches though..darkirby92 was watching em..also deg doesnt even brawl anymore.

btw only tournies ive been in lately are my clan tournies which i won,but you can always ask around on aib about me ^^

i was mr carter but im kaio ken kirby now

Deg222

Smash Journeyman
Florida; I consider myself a decent brawl player.
<is the number 1 tnuts listed ;o

well i like to say me n deg are about equal skill..last time we played i won the majority of matches though..darkirby92 was watching em..also deg doesnt even brawl anymore.

btw only tournies ive been in lately are my clan tournies which i won,but you can always ask around on aib about me ^^

Yeah your lame, I had to resort to cheap tatics to beat you :p

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wait, ron = mr carter = kaio ken kirby?

O_o

Well...that's interesting. You're that red kirby dude that befriended me on allisbrawl, that i didn't remember. And you were nominated for top 5 wifi (1st spot to be specific) so that's reallllly interesting, we should play sometime >_________>

Except I've come to loathe Kirby dittos now, lol :[

Falcon dittos are way better.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
Falcon dittos are way better.
hell i say why not play 4 falcons with items turned on on a stage like pictochat or something. maybe throw a couple ganons in there every once in a while, i personally think ganon is just as funny as falcon.

EDIT oh yea sorry about bailing on doubles with you ron, my friend got on my account, set up a ranked match, and made me play it o_O and then i had to go anyway. but uh yeah i think we were winning those matches, i dont think either of us finished a match with less than 2 stocks ;) they were probably like WTF KIRBY IS GAY

EDIT 2: i dont understand him either smileystation.

EDIT 3: nah jk haha no more edits.

Sp@Rk_93

Smash Rookie
I have a good Kirby, but no cam to make videos. maybe someone of you guys can play me online

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
Well ok then lol.

For the online part of the rankings: Ron has some1 vouching for him as the best Kirby online. And seeing his record and stats, id have to agree as well. Plus I think its easier to judge base on info on this part of the rankings rather than the offline part. :D

Alrighty so what do yall think? Ron as number 1 sound good? If not, my second pick woulda been SD.

Ginowns

Smash Apprentice
I think i'm one of the best kirbys.

i mean, i think i am. everyone tells me that im the best kirby theyve played. i dont mind proving it. and i come in second if not first place a ton of times in AiB tourneys.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
id like to take you up on that offer soon. But ill leave that for another time. So every1 ok with ron being 1? If so I'd like to talk about number 2 online. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom