• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I don't know why meek > Kuraudo. You're still being bias. What has meek done? Got 2 stocked by ally game 1? Then a close game 2? Kuraudo went 1-2 with seibrik, and close games with logic, illmatic and infinity. I'd hold off on the sonics for now tbh.

It would make sense to have dojo > nairo.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I'm not being bias, @ all. I'm just reminding you all that I told you Meek deserved a spot. Kuraudo I've never even heard of till now lol. Otherwise he would've been on the list. What'd he place @ Whobo?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
33rd. All he did was make it out of pools, but I don't really see how meekspeedy can seen to have any more of an accomplishment.

I am not saying kuraudo > meekspeedy. I saw meek play, and I was really impressed, but they both seem really close in skill. They're definitely the two sonics who could possibly hold the "best sonic in Canada" title, but there really is no way of telling.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm not being bias, @ all. I'm just reminding you all that I told you Meek deserved a spot. Kuraudo I've never even heard of till now lol. Otherwise he would've been on the list. What'd he place @ Whobo?
I'm so low under the radar it feels like I'm doing the limbo.

Feels good man. Bend dat back. :cool:

Dnyce

Smash Master
Dabuz said he quit in this thread, while in the same post complained about where he was on it. lol I didn't know if he was serious or not, point is he's still better than the oli's under him tbh.
But he doesn't play the game anymore... lol.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
*Just saw Trela is above Junebug*

Why is Trela higher then June? June has ALOT more accomplishments and placings both nationally, regionally, and locally.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
TRELA REVERSE THREE-STOCKED ALLY.

trela still da bess. junebug garbs.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
miles, wait until more people talk about Lucario until you switch it after talking to one person about it.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
miles, wait until more people talk about Lucario until you switch it after talking to one person about it.
No, I meant to have Trela 2nd, I must've switched it after Whobo because I was so impressed by Trela's performance on Ally, but I didn't even compare wins between the two. I still think June is better tbh.

TP

Smash Master
This makes me laugh heh. I don't think I am better then Atosmk (he is just better then me in general), but Verm, DLA, and Ray kalm I would say I can beat.
I disagree, sorry. Verm's tournament record speaks for itself, DLA is just really good, and Kalm... OK I could see you being better than Kalm. It's a close call. Honestly, it's pretty close between you and DLA too, but if it's a tie, the tiebreaker has to be that he uses Ganon in tournament and you don't. I do think you are top 5 (assuming using him in tournament is not a requirement), but I think you are overrating yourself a litte (don't worry, it happens to everyone :)).

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
No, I meant to have Trela 2nd, I must've switched it after Whobo because I was so impressed by Trela's performance on Ally, but I didn't even compare wins between the two. I still think June is better tbh.
:troll:

Junebug in all honesty does have quite a lot of accomplishments, but has he been in nationals of any sort, or defeated greater opponents than Trela has?

I mean, Trela beat me > _______ >

CO18

Smash Hero

Junebug in all honesty does have quite a lot of accomplishments, but has he been in nationals of any sort, or defeated greater opponents than Trela has?

I mean, Trela beat me > _______ >
Yes, lol junebugs defeated everyone in md/va, me,atomsk,seibrik, bunch of peeps. trelas accomplishments definitely dont compare yet though it could change obviously since from the looks of it hes gotten mad good.

Trent

Smash Champion
I think you should use a system, where if a top 5 is being debated, that you should put the ones set in stone, then put "?"s or "currently in debate" for the other spots or something.

Example:

Sonic

1) Espy
2) X
3) D1aos
4) Debating
5) Debating

Or something like that, instead of having lists be outdated (Which the current Sonic one is) Just a thought though. Could also have like a "Nobody" for a spot that doesn't have enough "good" players. Giving someone a top 5 spot because they play the character and don't achieve anything is kind of silly.

Back on the topic of Sonic, is there anyone that disagrees with the top three being Espy, X, and D1aos, in that order?

Nope

Smash Lord
I disagree, sorry. Verm's tournament record speaks for itself, DLA is just really good, and Kalm... OK I could see you being better than Kalm. It's a close call. Honestly, it's pretty close between you and DLA too, but if it's a tie, the tiebreaker has to be that he uses Ganon in tournament and you don't. I do think you are top 5 (assuming using him in tournament is not a requirement), but I think you are overrating yourself a litte (don't worry, it happens to everyone :)).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUmWXQUJoQk DLA vs Fonz

Ganon Dittos aren't everything either Fonz's matchup knowledge with Ganon against other characters is what puts him over the others.

DLA uses Ganon/DK/MK in tournament, which make the results not matter either.

Can you point me to Verms Tournament Accomplishments with Ganon?

milesg2g

Smash Champion
lmfao

is that seriously how this list works

lol no Idky I did that lol, I thought June had quit but then realized he went to a few recent MD/VA tourney's and was still consistent. June's accomplishments are better than Trela's atm I can't believe I did that lol

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
lol no Idky I did that lol, I thought June had quit but then realized he went to a few recent MD/VA tourney's and was still consistent. June's accomplishments are better than Trela's atm I can't believe I did that lol
I think what Syndrome was trying to get across is that it's lulzy that this list is based even loosely around your opinion because that's what your posts seem to convey.

Shouldn't recent results in a, say, 3mnth period trump past accomplishments?

I'm sure that 3mnths could be considered extreme by some, but the point is that recent activity should carry greater weight than past accomplishments.

I watched Trela reverse 3stock Ally not even a month ago. I'm not sayian he's better than june, but you can't argue easily that he's worse. Debate nikkuh.

Coney

Smash Master
i'm not saying june should be over trela or anything (though i think he should, if only for right now, it's up in the air tbh), i'm saying it seems like the standard pattern for this thread is someone comes in, suggests something/points something out/brings up results, there's a quick accommodation immediately

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I think what Syndrome was trying to get across is that it's lulzy that this list is based even loosely around your opinion because that's what your posts seem to convey.

I'm sure that 3mnths could be considered extreme by some, but the point is that recent activity should carry greater weight than past accomplishments.

I watched Trela reverse 3stock Ally not even a month ago. I'm not sayian he's better than june, but you can't argue easily that he's worse. Debate nikkuh.
Those two are just really close, and it's kinda hard to say in a 3month span since so much has happened since then. June did terrific in the MLG series, Trela's always done good, but is really standing out now. So comparing those two is a bit hard. I do put some of my own personal opinion in, but it doesn't mean I make changes off of it. I sorta try to referee the arguments and make sure the thread stays in order. Every now and then I may question someone else's logic, but it's not to be a **** it's because I genuinely want to know.

i'm not saying june should be over trela or anything (though i think he should, if only for right now, it's up in the air tbh), i'm saying it seems like the standard pattern for this thread is someone comes in, suggests something/points something out/brings up results, there's a quick accommodation immediately

Recently it has seemed like that I feel, but for the most part I don't even make changes to people coming in here saying what's right and what's wrong unless they can sufficiently support and bring up results and wins.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord

I've also watched June literally come out of no where and place first solidly and then second solidly (losing to inarguably the best U.S. Wario) in the past three weeks.

And before people start saying MD/VA competition isn't hard...

WHOBO
1: Ally
2: Razer
3: Dojo
4: ADHD
5: Vinnie
5: Atomsk
7: Shugo
7: Will
9: Inui

9: Logic
9: Tyrant
9: Trela

XANADU
1. Malcolm
2. Junebug
3. Lie
4. Logic
5. Meep
5. Takeover
7. Omni
7. Neo
9. Seagull
9. Vinnie
9. vVv Cheese
9. Nakat
13. VGBC GimR
13. NoId
13. D1AOS
13. Inui
17. Esoj
17. Darkflame
17. Kenny
17. Mekos
17. SSR
17. Speed
17. Will

2 Facts:
1.) Texas is fray?
2.) MD/VA held it doooown.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Using that logic... Will would have placed where Rich Brown was... which is still 17th? So Will places the same at a national as he does at a MD/VA local? :D

z00ted

Noid, how could you possibly think players are playing exactly the same at a national and a local?

They also played different opponents.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That logic is horrible. Coney placed 33rd at whobo and has won quite a few MD/VA tournaments. Look at placings of players like Esam at whobo as well and compare them to his EC placings.

It's hard to say who's better between trela and june because they don't play the same people. Trela consistently places really high in and out of his region though so I'm not really sure why people are saying he doesn't.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
God, you guys are so defensive. LOL

Relax. I was trying to have a little fun while bringing up some recent data at the same time. Regardless, career wise Junebug still has more reputable victories over Trela.

And Hylian, when has Trela been out of his region? The only two I can think of are Pound and... actually that's it. Not undermining the difficulty of Texas as a region, but the general philosophy that's been backed by results is that it's harder to perform OoS than it is within home territory.

EDIT: Ironically, an example that just came to mind is Junebug vs DEHF, MLG DC. hahahahaha

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
God, you guys are so defensive. LOL

Relax. I was trying to have a little fun while bringing up some recent data at the same time. Regardless, career wise Junebug still has more reputable victories over Trela.

And Hylian, when has Trela been out of his region? The only two I can think of are Pound and... actually that's it. Not undermining the difficulty of Texas as a region, but the general philosophy that's been backed by results is that it's harder to perform OoS than it is within home territory.

EDIT: Ironically, an example that just came to mind is Junebug vs DEHF, MLG DC. hahahahaha
He has only been to Pound AFAIK but he did great at pound and at MLG dallas he played OOS people, I think he actually made tearbear cry(or someone told me that at least lol).

Also, him vs Ally is a pretty good indication of how good he is lol.

iRJi

Smash Champion
For the lucario section, I dont understand where Fonz comes from. He is a good lucario, but I don't see anything significant that puts him as 5th.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lmao. Btw I don't know if Trela or Junebug is better I'm just saying it's hard to compare them because they don't play the same people.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I agree. He is very good. I've played him myself. I've played both of them. And I don't want to give my opinion because results matter more. Your MLG Dallas example supplements my MLG DC one (both of them are still playing in home territory against top level players.)

The point is until Trela starts travelling and performing, you will find it hard-pressed to convince people he is better since June has results both within MD/VA against OoS players and outside of MD/VA. Trela is young so I wouldn't expect this for a while.

I've told you the same thing, Illmatic. You've got to start performing nationally before you can make claims. Many people believe you are the best (myself included) but what little significance opinions are in the face of results which you don't have yet (OoS).

z00ted

Yeah, I agree with Noid for the most part.

I definitely have to start travelling out of state soon, I'm going to try my best to attend Genesis.

z00ted

kekekekekekeekkeekeke

Anyways - to stay on topic.

Dojo should be somewhere on the Metaknight rankings.
Oh and "UTD Zack" should be spelled "UTD Zac"

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Dojo has always been one of the best players in the nation, he just randomly stops playing and people forget about him until he randomly comes back and gets top 5 at a national again.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Dojo is my favorite MK. Unique playstyle that even when he stops playing, comes back, and still nets him amazing results. Too good get his *** up there

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
yea doesnt choice main falco? almost forgot about him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom