• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I apologize for being so blunt but why in the blue hell is Gluttony not first on the Wario list? Simple observation is enough to demonstrate a sizable gap between him and most other Warios out there.

Edit: Reflex has one of the smartest Warios I've seen for sure though.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Meh, double standard in my opinion. It's not like the bulk of Mexico's scene is any more familiar to the US on a firsthand level than Europe's is (Ally's visit being the only exception, Canadian or not).

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Then you shouldnt be taking offense when people say other warios are better. Personally I havent heard about Reflex's wario aside from winning in GA or whatever so Im not sure why hed be ranked top 5, but since I dont care I dont say anything, lol.

lol, calm down bro. Miles explained why he needs to pay attention to what people say.

Miles pikachu and olimar were already discussed youre just not reading your own thread ._.

The pikachu's seem to not care about the current placings, it basically you putting what list you think there should be. The gist of the entire pika discussion was Anther vs Esam, which made no sense because Esam is clearly better because of his recent achievements and Anther not being active lol.

Olimar is fine as well from what I've seen. You brought up Fino, but didn't answer my question when I asked what his accomplishments were. Tbh, Denti has a deserving shot @ a spot on the list.

The only person that see's something wrong w/ the Pika/Oli list seems to be you. Which you only seem to be able to support the pika side because you main him lol.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
If Anther is inactive, but still on this list then Meep who just returned and placed Top 5 (while beating Nj people and really good people) should be on this list too :glare:.

Otherwise, that's a double standard and you're being hypocritical.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I don't think many people would argue against putting Meep in top 5 for ICs. I would simply pace him into the 3-5 spot, not sure which because he hasn't been "back" for that long, moving everyone else down a spot that's placed below him.

It would definitely round out the top 5 with people that primarily use the character as a main rather than from a matchup to matchup basis.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
If Anther is inactive, but still on this list then Meep who just returned and placed Top 5 (while beating Nj people and really good people) should be on this list too :glare:.

Otherwise, that's a double standard and you're being hypocritical.

That's what I was forgetting to do lol. Yes I didn't forget about Meep's placement @ Xanidu, is he gonna be active again now? or was that just a 1 time thing?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I was under the impression Fino died in a jetski accident last year. At least that's what everyone around here (in KS, his former region) has told me. I wish I could have met him.

Are we awarding Top 5 spot posthumously now?

Dnyce

Smash Master
Dabuz doesn't play anymore either.

but lol, I can't believe people are taking this real srs.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
The main point was to change the list to
1.ESAM
2.Anther
3.PikPik
4.Prime
5.Z So change that one

And Hilt himself came in here and said he doesnt play anymore and Fino deserved a spot.
lolololwut? "the main point was to change the list to what I want"

Again, unless you can sufficiently support why the list should be changed to your order and compare wins and results don't bother posting list changes lol. You've yet to say what Fino has done, and Hilt told me he didn't want the oli's to be apart of a list like this when I msged all character board mods.

Dabuz doesn't play anymore either.

but lol, I can't believe people are taking this real srs.
Dabuz said he quit in this thread, while in the same post complained about where he was on it. lol I didn't know if he was serious or not, point is he's still better than the oli's under him tbh.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I was under the impression Fino died in a jetski accident last year. At least that's what everyone around here (in KS, his former region) has told me. I wish I could have met him.

Are we awarding Top 5 spot posthumously now?
He was at pound 5 lol

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Miles I am pretty sure there was a good portion of discussion to why Anther should be above kprime.

Not really, the only real discussion about Anther were people telling other people how good he still is and then it turned into esam vs anther lol. For no reason. still not the point Anther was never moved from his spot anyway lol

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Miles really do you read your own thread >.> That was almost the entire discussion, Anther should be second. We also talked about pikapikas results especially pound 5 to say he should be third.

And after I said Hilt quit and Fino should take his spot, Hilt came in and said the exact same thing.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
If anther is being compared to ESAM with relative equality, that should be your answer right there.
Anther's 2nd on the list still, I never moved him since the pika discussion because of the discussion being him compared to Esam lol.

Miles really do you read your own thread >.> That was almost the entire discussion, Anther should be second. We also talked about pikapikas results especially pound 5 to say he should be third.

And after I said Hilt quit and Fino should take his spot, Hilt came in and said the exact same thing.

Fino will take Hilt's place, I didn't even realize Hilt was on the list because you never said he should take his spot until Hilt himself came in lol.

TP

Smash Master
I could see Fonz making it to number 5, but no higher. Vex has NO reason to be on that list. If you are only going to use people who actually go Ganon in tournament, Vex and Fonz are DQed. If you are gonna use people who don't use Ganon in tournament but are really good with him, Vex is DQed anyway for not being very good with Ganon, and Atomsk should be number 2 or 3 or 4. Fonz can get 5th, after Atomsk, Verm, DLA, and Ray Kalm.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
uh the 5th sonic is a real toss up, not positive if its arikie. it could be Kuraudo or D1aos(Da1AndOnlySonic), or meekspeedy. besides havent heard anything about arikies tourney results but thats just me.

kinda suprised this thread isnt dead lol

Trent

Smash Champion
Sonic's top 5 is a tricky matter to begin with. The top 2 are correct and pretty much set in stone for the time being, which is what matters I guess.

However, 3rd, 4th, and 5th slots are up in the air, as even the Sonics themselves don't even know. Especially since Speed "quit." Sonics that could possibly fill those spots, in alphabetical order:

D1aos
KID
Kuraudo
Meekspeedy
Trent

My personal opinion:

1) Espy
2) X
3) D1aos

He's been getting better lately, proving that he's not just winning locals because of his "bad" region. He very recently took a set off Will's DK, as well as others. I should probably research some more.

4-5) This is the hard one in my mind. People just haven't done enough to show who's better than who. In my eyes, it's a toss up between KID, Kuraudo, and Meekspeedy, especially since I haven't accomplished anything since before my retirement back in 2010.

KID made it out of pools for Pound V, beating Hylian in pools (Yes we all know Hylian messed up. A win is a win, however.)

Kuraudo lives in Canada. :( It's hard for him to get noticed. He made it to WHOBO 3 and got out of pools though. I really don't know who all he beat in his pool , I'm sure he can post info for himself if he sees this.

I don't know much about Meekspeedy, but apparently his match with Ally was pretty hype? Don't know of any noteable wins, so this area's kind of fuzzy as well.

I guess I would give KID the #4 spot until I got more info on Kur or Meek, and the #5 spot would be a toss up? People should debate this.

Tesh

Smash Hero
KID used Falco!

Its super effective!

Meekspeedy looks pretty good though. Won't be long before Canada takes over this entire thread.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I could see Fonz making it to number 5, but no higher. Vex has NO reason to be on that list. If you are only going to use people who actually go Ganon in tournament, Vex and Fonz are DQed. If you are gonna use people who don't use Ganon in tournament but are really good with him, Vex is DQed anyway for not being very good with Ganon, and Atomsk should be number 2 or 3 or 4. Fonz can get 5th, after Atomsk, Verm, DLA, and Ray Kalm.
This makes me laugh heh. I don't think I am better then Atosmk (he is just better then me in general), but Verm, DLA, and Ray kalm I would say I can beat.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If I go to Genesis 2, I guarantee that I will be getting out of pools. Whether I settle for last in the main bracket again or not is for fate to decide. So long as I do my best, make no mistakes, and give everyone I face hell, I'll have no regrets. Just like WHOBO 3.

If not for this list of rankings, it's to prove that my performance at WHOBO 3 was not a fluke. I refuse to let Infinity's words, or the encouragement from my own area be in vain. If you rank me here one of these days, cool enough, but that's not gonna determine what I accomplish. I'm bringing the hurt, no matter what.

In my pool for WHOBO 3, I faced,

Infinity - 0-2 (close matches. last stock, high percent; deemed near-Espy status with fine-tuning and practice)
Seibrik - 1-2 (his Meta Knight soundly defeated me, demonstrating what happens when an aggro Sonic recklessly attacks an intelligent and defensive Meta Knight. I'd hoped to use this lesson to my advantage in the bracket, but I didn't make it so far to confront him)
Player-4 - 2-0
Broly -2-0
Flamewave - 1-2 (Lucario vs. Sonic. Need I say more? No regrets, close fun matches nonetheless)
Mike2 - 2-0
Konfucious - 2-1 (I think it was that or 2-0, I forget. I do know it was a great Sonic vs. Mario set)

and the others were players I can't recall as they seemed more like randoms then anything else, but those people I 2-0'd as well (via default since they weren't there to face me). It was a 10 man pool. If I missed anyone in particular, I'm sorry. In Bracket I faced Illmatic and Logic. I was 2-0'd by both of them, however each match was close, to the last stock, to the high percent, and it was anybody's game. In the end, I know that doesn't mean so much when it's not an actual victory, but close fights have some merit, win or lose, in my opinion.

Don't know what this means for you guys with updates to your lists, but if you're going by accuracy, if this seems worthy enough, by all means. If not, I played my part and put my stuff in. This reminds me though. I gotta give my tourney results in the Act 3 thread on the Sonic boards... Lol

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Sonic's top 5 is a tricky matter to begin with. The top 2 are correct and pretty much set in stone for the time being, which is what matters I guess.

However, 3rd, 4th, and 5th slots are up in the air, as even the Sonics themselves don't even know. Especially since Speed "quit." Sonics that could possibly fill those spots, in alphabetical order:

D1aos
KID
Kuraudo
Meekspeedy
Trent

My personal opinion:

1) Espy
2) X
3) D1aos

He's been getting better lately, proving that he's not just winning locals because of his "bad" region. He very recently took a set off Will's DK, as well as others. I should probably research some more.

4-5) This is the hard one in my mind. People just haven't done enough to show who's better than who. In my eyes, it's a toss up between KID, Kuraudo, and Meekspeedy, especially since I haven't accomplished anything since before my retirement back in 2010.

KID made it out of pools for Pound V, beating Hylian in pools (Yes we all know Hylian messed up. A win is a win, however.)

Kuraudo lives in Canada. :( It's hard for him to get noticed. He made it to WHOBO 3 and got out of pools though. I really don't know who all he beat in his pool , I'm sure he can post info for himself if he sees this.

I don't know much about Meekspeedy, but apparently his match with Ally was pretty hype? Don't know of any noteable wins, so this area's kind of fuzzy as well.

I guess I would give KID the #4 spot until I got more info on Kur or Meek, and the #5 spot would be a toss up? People should debate this.
speed is bac

edit: in terms of meek, i heard he took out most of the PR'd players in tourney. also why isnt Zhao up there for luigi?

milesg2g

Smash Champion
The Sonics are a bit hard, tbh. Meekspeedy is def. a Top5 Sonic like I told you all before, but I took him off because so many people thought I was being "Bias". He's gonna be added as soon as I can figure out where he should go. 4th or 5th? it's a tough decision lol.

As far as Dojo goes I'll have to ask the MK boards on this 1 because many MK's are close in the running it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom