• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUmWXQUJoQk DLA vs Fonz

Ganon Dittos aren't everything either Fonz's matchup knowledge with Ganon against other characters is what puts him over the others.

DLA uses Ganon/DK/MK in tournament, which make the results not matter either.

Can you point me to Verms Tournament Accomplishments with Ganon?
Ganon dittos mean nothing and everyone knows it. When I played against Atomsk and we were trying to determine who's Ganon was better, we never did a single ditto because they have no meaning.

Saying DLA's results don't matter because he has secondaries makes no sense.

Verm consistently gets top 8 in his region with just Ganon, what more do you need to know? He beats ICs, MKs, and Falcos with Ganon.

I'm tired of this. If you could get a single person who's not from Ohio to say Fonz has a better Ganon than DLA or Verm, I'll look into it further. But you won't, because only people who live near him will know about his Ganon, because he doesn't use Ganon in tournaments.

Nope

Smash Lord
If you would have read my post I did say Ganon dittos aren't everything in the first line.

Edit: Saying Ganon dittos don't matter at all is not true either. Dittos are part of the game and part of match-up knowledge. Sure they aren't everything but they do count for something.

Saying DLA's results don't matter doesn't make sense I'm sorry, I should have phrased it better. DLA uses secondaries in tournaments. I don't care if he places 1st at every tournament he plays in. I want to know who he beat with Ganon in that tournament. Not with his other characters. Anyone can go to a tournament play Ganon in pools and their first round or two beating MarthMaster1337 and RandomIkeGuy. Then they say get Ganon listed next to their name in the results thread and say look how sweet I am with Ganon! I got top 8! (but only really because they played MK/Falco/Snake/DDD secondary) I want to know what quality players he has have beaten with Ganon. Not with his secondaries. In or out of tournament even.

Verm gets Top 8 with Ganon only? in what tournament. Who did he beat with Ganon is what I really want to know. I looked for results and didn't find any. Online doesn't count. Perhaps you could help me out.

I don't mean to take shots at anyone but I would like just reasonable facts behind your claims. I know DLA and Verm are both good Ganons, but don't say they are on another level without any proof.

Fonz has MM'd and played people with Ganon in many regions, I'm sorry he doesn't play him in tournament because Ganon is bad and has no chance of winning anything with anyone of talent in the tournament. Fonz would be a better person to ask what he thinks his accomplishments with Ganon are, I would have to say from everything I have seen it can't be far behind either of those other two, if even at all.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I've been thinking about the GaW list, and like it's pretty obvious that vinnie, zac and GIMR are established, and definitely deserved their spot. What about vex and penta? I wasn't even aware that vex played much gaw anymore, and the only recent video I've seen of it, is him vs MVD in a really bad match (hype though, definitely hype lol). I know penta is a gaw main, but what puts him above vex even?

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Isn't it juss understood that Verm is the best ganon?

This isn't 08 kids. We already know Verm IS ganon.:troll:

TP

Smash Master
If you would have read my post I did say Ganon dittos aren't everything in the first line.

Edit: Saying Ganon dittos don't matter at all is not true either. Dittos are part of the game and part of match-up knowledge. Sure they aren't everything but they do count for something.

Saying DLA's results don't matter doesn't make sense I'm sorry, I should have phrased it better. DLA uses secondaries in tournaments. I don't care if he places 1st at every tournament he plays in. I want to know who he beat with Ganon in that tournament. Not with his other characters. Anyone can go to a tournament play Ganon in pools and their first round or two beating MarthMaster1337 and RandomIkeGuy. Then they say get Ganon listed next to their name in the results thread and say look how sweet I am with Ganon! I got top 8! (but only really because they played MK/Falco/Snake/DDD secondary) I want to know what quality players he has have beaten with Ganon. Not with his secondaries. In or out of tournament even.

Verm gets Top 8 with Ganon only? in what tournament. Who did he beat with Ganon is what I really want to know. I looked for results and didn't find any. Online doesn't count. Perhaps you could help me out.

I don't mean to take shots at anyone but I would like just reasonable facts behind your claims. I know DLA and Verm are both good Ganons, but don't say they are on another level without any proof.

Fonz has MM'd and played people with Ganon in many regions, I'm sorry he doesn't play him in tournament because Ganon is bad and has no chance of winning anything with anyone of talent in the tournament. Fonz would be a better person to ask what he thinks his accomplishments with Ganon are, I would have to say from everything I have seen it can't be far behind either of those other two, if even at all.
This is a high quality post. Perhaps it's time we took this discussion to the Ganon board to get input from the actual players in question. Clearly, we don't have all the information needed without asking DLA how important Ganon is to his placings and what Verm has specifically done.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Isn't it juss understood that Verm is the best ganon?

This isn't 08 kids. We already know Verm IS ganon.:troll:
There needs to be a character-player thread. Some players just look like their mains so much it's hilarious.

Xaltis kinda looks like Falco...His nose is like Falco's beak in a way :awesome:. And he wears all blue (Though most of that is just Sonic apparel).

Ook=Dk.

Kain was the Wolf that looks the most like Wolf O' Donnel when he had a mustache and beard.

Malcolm looks like a skinny version of Wario. If we got Malcolm fat then he'd be Wario =/.

Etc...

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
So you're sayin' that in the ChuDat chronicles where he says that -cough-'stuff'-cough- :awesome:, is actually juss representation of his similarity to Kirby?

I c.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
There needs to be a character-player thread. Some players just look like their mains so much it's hilarious.

Xaltis kinda looks like Falco...His nose is like Falco's beak in a way :awesome:. And he wears all blue (Though most of that is just Sonic apparel).

Ook=Dk.

Kain was the Wolf that looks the most like Wolf O' Donnel when he had a mustache and beard.

Malcolm looks like a skinny version of Wario. If we got Malcolm fat then he'd be Wario =/.

Etc...

LOL I love this.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼

Ook=Dk.

Etc...

?

ErikG

Smash Ace
Dittos are just as important in determining skill as any other MU, they're all equal. A MU is a MU.
Not all MUs are equal though. Who cares if you have a mediocre Ganon MU when you have a positive MK MU. (Obviously this applies to no character in the game, but the idea what is important)

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386

DLA and myself usually agree not to compare one another, but as far as my own personal accomplishments go...

My most recent accomplishments were at Pound 5. My inability to attend tourna ments recently has really hurt my "resume" if you will, but Pound 5 had some noteworthy events for Gan on.

-I won a 5$ M M against Ally's Fa lcon
-I won a 5$ M M against SlikVik's Wa rio
-I took UltimateRazer to game 3 in a M M (don't remember how much it was for)

In the past half-year or so... (I'm going to be ambiguous so I don't get namesearch *****)

-Beat a ranked I Cs in NE in tou rney.
-Beat a ranked M K in NE in tour ney.
-Beat a ranked Snak in a 5$ M M.

I think there are more, but those are the most outstanding ones I can think of.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Larry establish his dominance as best ROB on the west coast, beating former best ROBs Rich Brown and Nexus in the ditto. Hes also held off any challenges for the title.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
LOLOLOL@Edit. Now it sounds correct from Miles point of view. Only Kain's name got a name change for Wolf. McP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom