• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Guys, I'm considering putting the top 10 regions in this thread too.
It might take a while, but I feel as though it could be very beneficial.

So I need all the input I can get.
Thoughts?

SoulPech

Smash Master
I'm on the fence with that idea. It would help because it shows where the region is compared to all the other regions. The problem is what players do with the information. Depending on where the region is placed, it can have a positive or negative effect on the players. For example, if Midwest is bottom (which it most likely is T_T) The result can be:

1) Light a fire under players' ***** and practice hard **** mode to become better or
2) Just end up quitting.

z00ted

LOooooOOOOOOOOL

Jk jk, that's a ****ing terrible idea! Wtf?
What I want to say is keep discussion to player vs player.

Ranking regions isn't what this thread is for and is off topic. Plus it just leads to a bunch of ignorance and pointless arguments for 5+ pages that I have to read.

SoulPech

Smash Master
LOooooOOOOOOOOL

Ranking regions isn't what this thread is for and is off topic. Plus it just leads to a bunch of ignorance and pointless arguments for 5+ pages that I have to read.
Thank God. I didn't want to say it because I wasn't sure if you were serious, but that is a ****ty idea.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Mekos, are you trolling?
X, give me the Link list you want and I'll probably update it.

The reason I haven't is because no one has said anything about it.
Going to post your list in the Link social, wait a day, and then see what they think.
1) Scizor (Has been solidly doing well with Link actively in SoCal)
2) KirinBlaze (Not very active but has done well with Link in late 2010 to early 2011)
3) Legan (Inactive as Link but active player, also did the best with Link in late 2010 to early 2011)
4) LordXav1er (Very active, constantly top 2 in RI, starting to travel again and maintaining good performances)
5) AeroLink the Soul Master (he was good in late 2010 to 2011 but then decided to quit Link, tho I think still uses here and there not 100% sure) or Ninja-the-link-sage (He is very active Link still placing is inconsistent has a few wins tho are outdated now).

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
LOooooOOOOOOOOL

My thoughts exactly :bee:

z00ted

Updated Jigglypuff list.
I'll post that list in the Link social, Xavier.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Guys, I'm considering putting the top 10 regions in this thread too.
It might take a while, but I feel as though it could be very beneficial.

So I need all the input I can get.
Thoughts?
That sounds pretty cool, I would definitely be interested in seeing which states have the most rep/status/skill. As if it isn't apparent already, it would just be nice to have something official to see as far as state skill go beside PRs.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Best :rob: loses to two socal randoms. Nice!

Stingers>Chibo>Nobody else matters. 8bitman consistently gets LAST or close to last at all his locals. 8bitman Just whips Esam's :pikachu2: cause Eric sucks vs random characters that :pikachu2: can't cg. Kira is #1 in Arizona...Stingers is #1 in Nc...Chibo is #2? in PA...t0mmy was #1 in Oregon...All ****ty *** regions.
I don't care if I'm #1 in Oregon (actually it'd be better to look at the region: I was #3 in the entire Pac NW before WA's scene died recently) or how the others do in their areas, this is a NATIONAL and I really don't think people should be ranked on a national based on who they play locally -- it's unfounded at best, grossly misleading at worst.
This is why I'd prefer to be removed entirely. Put me down as an honorable mention if you need to fill a spot or something, but don't rank me until I've done something worth ranking me over (which may not be for a while since I don't want to spend thousands of dollars on travel costs anymore going to nationals).

I, too (agreeing with Mekos), have personally thought Stingers was better than Chibz. As for Kira, he's pretty solid from what I could tell but I'm not sure where I'd put him. I'm hoping by the end of the next year I can turn some heads and potentially become a more notable ROB again. School has taken away that opportunity as of the past year and a half. But I suppose we'll see.
Well, I value your opinion a bit more than most people posting simply because I know you keep up with the R.O.B. scene fairly well and you know the character better than most R.O.B. mains.
I'd also let Chibo's opinion weigh in on the matter since I know he can fairly assess results well enough and can be reasonable when comparing himself to others like Stingers.
But I trust my opinion of the matter the next-to-least since I haven't even been to a tournament with Chibo/Stingers in a looooooong time. I reserve the least amount of trust to everyone else, who are simply just posting that the guy who lives in their state is coincidentally the best. ([^^]

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
What's up with that though?

Anyone can play any character. Really, What the hell is wrong with that?
People can get good with any character as they please if they just put their thoughts to it.

So really, saying things such as "oh wtf, why u gonna use that character" is just Lulzy.

That was for Jim and etc.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59

People can get good with any character as they please if they just put their thoughts to it.

So really, saying things such as "oh wtf, why u gonna use that character" is just Lulzy.
Never said he can't use him, just saying what is likely to happen. :awesome:

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
omg rich brown's shoutouts to slayerz and i was hilarious.

I couldn't believe we beat y'all in doubles going double peach! But she does **** olimar and having two peaches go after him must've been terrifying.

Slayerz and i for #1 :peach:

:phone:
omg that's not the point!!!!!

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.

Anyone can play a character. Though ideally most people pick up a character that will back up either 1. a bad matchup for their character or 2. a matchup they just suck *** at in general. In the competitive aspect.

edit: You won't see a Metaknight main pick up some bad character like luigi and anyone below him for nothing more than a joke.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Cuz you'll probably be bad and uncomfortable with :pikachu:
:pikachu2: is pretty hard to use. Killing with him is ridiculously hard.

I can use :metaknight:, :wolf:, :dedede:, and :falco: at a fairly competent level.

:018:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Anyone can play a character. Though ideally most people pick up a character that will back up either 1. a bad matchup for their character or 2. a matchup they just suck *** at in general. In the competitive aspect.

edit: You won't see a Metaknight main pick up some bad character like luigi and anyone below him for nothing more than a joke.
Or when they truly like the game and actually use more than 1 character
/MK+Zelda main

Seriously, a lot of MK mains aren't d***s like most people think they are.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i just wana clerify, and in no way mean to b a **** to 8bit

but the time he beat me i was goin marth all tourny lol

annnd i think it was marchish

so yeah just take that however u will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom