• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coney

Smash Master
Like, I didn't even know who Dill was, and he was in my Round 2 pool at APEX and he's apparently this REALLY GOOD ROB from, like, upper NY I think? Surprised the hell out of me.

And yeah I see what you're trying to do and I understand and admire it, because as top players we should be setting examples for the community to follow. But honestly if there's one thing I've learned from Brawl, it's that people respond better when you tell them they suck, than when you tell them they are okay but have potential.

Like, that was half of what drove me to get good, because I was placing 5th constantly, and I was happy with that, until Chu continually told me I sucked, and I was not happy with that. Obviously everyone is different, but people who respond like that are competitively-minded and won't just back down. If they do, honestly, it probably doesn't matter, they aren't meant for high competition.

Subpar regions aren't going to get better by being complacent and saying "well, I can beat everyone HERE and that's okay, I'll just make my money and be happy," they have to say "there's easy money here, but there's also a community that can develop and thrive." There's nothing wrong with being happy with your power level and your region's power level, but don't be surprised if others laugh at your apathy. That's competition. Either you're going to man up and say "**** you, I'll beat you" or "yeah I know whatever, as long as I hit my own standards." Either is fine, but the former is what we should be striving toward and encouraging.

On a side note I think MD/VA has the potential to be right under the top 4, except all of us always underperform every chance we get, so I can't really make a claim like that with 100% confidence. NE's waaay more consistent.

MVD

Smash Master
well thats according to peoples personality, if they **** talk lower level ppl just cause then so be it, you cant control ppls actions, just dont let it bug ya, sticks and stones mah *****

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You want him stop?

Give it all you got.

Show him how to rock.

And that's when he'll give you the......tops.

--to all people who's been dissed

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I agree zak.

@MVD - You can still mention something to people and hope they change.

Reflex for example is probably the most admired person in the community, personality wise(at least by the posts I have seen from the so called "low level players" which is the majority).
He is positive and helps people. It's your duty as a high level player to be an example if you truly want the scene to grow. But if yer just a selfish person then continue in your ways.

So again all I was doing was defending them.

@Esam - lolol u ****. For example, Chibo just admitted he didn't read everything and didn't know what we were talking about.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I don't care about what Chibo reads, but at least I, and I'm fairly certain Nick Riddle, read every post of the threads we are subscribed to.

I like how you didn't actually respond to the meat of my post btw. Get proven wrong, scrub, get better at this game because you suck and you never place money in singles care about **** you stupid *******************asscunt

Cassio

Smash Master
I dont know wtf is going on here. I hate posting in this thread, I only come by to support WC homies since no one else does.

Since Im posting anyways, ESAM three of our players have placed higher than you have and the rest of them have done as well as virtually every other top level player. If theyre overrated then virtually all top players, including yourself, are overrated.

AZ is being a bit underrated, but admittedly they are kinda bad compared to most of the regions immediately surrounding SoCal. It's just funny to hear anyone from MD/VA say this, the two 'randoms' that beat Kira could probably be on their PR.

#westcoastdefense

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
8bitman beat Seibrik semi-recently (Early may or late April I think).

BTW, Mekos, shush. You can't pretend like MD/VA isn't good. You can't say "You aren't that good" and then when he throws facts at your face that proves they are good, say "Well those don't count because you have been around forever." Staying consistently at high level play for 4 years is more than 85% of the community, including you, can say. MD/VA was one of the scariest regions at the very beginning of Brawl. NY/NJ, Socal, TX, and FL have surpassed them, but they are probably on par with NE and Norcal as of now. NC is ***. When I'm not there, they have you, who only does good in doubles when you team with top players (I understand why, you don't need to lecture me, but look at it from other's perspectives) and you do *** in singles compared to how good you think you are at the game, they have Kadaj who does pretty good but chokes at everything outside of Locals, and you have Stingers who is still inconsistent. He is good, but inconsistent. Everybody else on even a regional scale is unimportant (Sorry~).

Joe has the right to ****-talk most anybody and he doesn't ****-talk the people he shouldn't because he knows better. I can ****-talk whoever the **** I want because I'm motha****in ESAM and I don't give half a **** about it. Joe made it out of pools at Apex, which is more than ~350 players who went can say, INCLUDING YOU MEKOS! Blah blah bad character johns but you can't honestly defend yourself by saying "I dont' play singles" when singles is and probably forever will be more important than Doubles off of the inherent principle of determining YOUR OWN SKILL. I could win doubles with A LOT of people in NC, and I have. You have done it with me and Shady, and that's it. You don't consistently get top 2 in NC when you go (singles now), you can't consistently place high in doubles because of people's inadequacies (which is why doubles isn't as serious as singles in the first place), and you don't make it out of pools at nationals in Singles.

Please, get off your high horse. Since I know you aren't on one, POST LIKE IT! You post almost as arrogant as I do and you haven't done **** the ENTIRE time you have been in the game but preach about doubles. And remember, I'm talking as a friend. Shush.
Eric Esam Lew summarized exactly what I said XD. I don't trash talk people better then me, but I only lose to top players
, and Logic loool.

:018:

:phone:

Cassio

Smash Master
P.S. Mekos is right, everything started when seagull randomly decided to trash talk 4 regions. Glass houses etc., any region that lost a crew battle to one of the regions its trashtalking and had half its players go REGIONLESS shouldnt be attacking others.

Luckay :( this isnt about me, though, lol

KageMurphy

Smash Master
AZ is being a bit underrated, but admittedly they are kinda bad compared to most of the regions immediately surrounding SoCal. It's just funny to hear anyone from MD/VA say this, the two 'randoms' that beat Kira could probably be on their PR.

#westcoastdefense
Nah, the PRs are weak from like 8-10 but that's because of player inactively, Kira just sucks so he gets done in by randoms.

Also, I support Dill over Tommy, no clue how that guy is still on there.

:017:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Seagull u still don't get it! You are a fool to focus your trash talk to people lower than you!!! That is weak.
U are proving my point. U are not even a Lebron of smash like Esam yet you trash talk people lower than you. You see MVD. That is different than you. He is not trash talking people for fun competition who are challenging him.

He is indirectly spitting on people he feels are lower than him. That's ugly.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Mekos, I trash talk people who are better then me, doesn't mean they don't suck too.

And Cassio is in the BBR? And I thought their creditability couldn't sink any lower.

:017:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
@EE - That's fine cuz that means u are obviously joking because it doesn't even make sense.

Seagull is so great that he doesn't lose to the Goliaths in smash. But he feels he has the right to step on ants he comes across.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
@Cassio I never ****-talked Socal, dafuq, Socal > FL.

Also, Mekos, when 90% of the people are agreeing with me/arguing against you, it is normally because you are wrong.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Esam all my life I have been in the minority! Being black, a real christian, having a deadly disease attack me, etc. I stand for what's right. U trash talk cuz u don't give a **** and your motha***** esam. Well that is u and many people would do that in your shoes.

But I'm different. No matter my achievements in life I work to uplift others. And please believe I have been blessed to have alot of achievements in life. I don't go around down talking people who don't have them or brag about them. I try and uplift them and help them in the best way I can. Ask Neo.
Team spacing!!

Cassio

Smash Master
I THOUGHT I read something about us only having two good players but admittedly I couldve read wrong.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea, and he does get the best wins with him and placements. Down the road in the future he should be taken off when he doesn't use him anymore, but he has been using him as of late sorta.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Mekos, everything isn't a conspiracy theory. Yes, NC/AZ/Oregon are BAD! Yes he is calling the players BAD! Because they ARE!!! It isn't like they don't know this, people normally understand the approximate location of their region in regards to others. He wasn't calling everybody in those regions bad, just the fact that it is difficult to get notable wins there because the other people aren't as good as the power regions.

Also, Joe, I'm not bad at the Ness MU dafuq. Did you SEE what I did to McZakker?
I was more referring to you vs Shaky. Zak doesn't play any :pikachu2:'s (K9 used to play, but I don't know how good kenny's experience could be considered. Ask Zak) so I doubt he'd have had experience in a matchup with a character he just recently has been using in tourney. Zak has always had a :ness2:, but he only recently has been whipping him out.

@Zak: Everything you said is what I said. I am not calling specific players bad, but those are bad regions, which means they have a lot of low level players. Stingers is good, but Nc is not as an example.

:018:

:phone:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I've recently been 2-3 stocking shaky consistently. Don't have a problem.

@Mekos: I respect you for continuing your argument, but you are still wrong...

@Tag: Maybe it was when we were talking about consistently amazing players, which sadly WC doesn't have considering they flip-flop all over the place at nationals besides DEHF really...Tyrant for the most part is consistent but then Apex happened.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Oh word, didn't know. Looks like it was MK banned in prep for Impulse.
Lol no. Every tournament Tin has run for like the past 8ish months (and there's usually 1 per month) has used the Unity Ruleset; it wasn't just using the URS for the sake of preparing for IMPULSE.

Joe has the right to ****-talk most anybody and he doesn't ****-talk the people he shouldn't because he knows better. I can ****-talk whoever the **** I want because I'm motha****in ESAM and I don't give half a **** about it.
I love you.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
It seems like Ness>Dedede when it comes to top tier MUs, except for the 3 that DDD wins

Weird.

Play Ness all the time tho cause he's a much more entertaining character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom