• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Negro read what black mantis just posted.

Who gives a poop if you did well. U want a cookie!?

Jordan can be cocky in basketball. He's earned it!!! Yall have not. So shut the fff up!!!!
That doesn't make sense!?

Ugh....It's just one of my pet peeves.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
I'd agree with almost anything Mekos had said in the recent argument if he let Joe pull results. Mekos if they've really not placed in anything/whatnot thus establishing them being "not being good enough to talk trash" I'd be fine, but if Joe can pull results that disprove you, you have to let him...

But yeah if you're trash, probably shouldn't be callling other people trash. Not targeting anyone from the argument here, but it's a statement I think still stands true.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Luxord the results are these dudes have been in the scene since the beginning of time. He says they have so many good players. This is true and that means they had or have GREAT opportunities to train and get better. With that said they still have never got first place at a national in singles or doubles. They have no excuse. Many regions are spread out and can barely practice or even have tourneys. MD/VA is very fortunate.

No ring. Lebron had no room to talk junk until this year buddy. Lebron made dents in the NBA. He has been in the NBA a long time and is great.
These guys are good luxord. It is expected that they have made some dents in the smash community. That is why I am saying their results unless they got that first place baby, is irrelevant.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Idk whats with the nba comparisons, basketball is a team sport. Lebron didnt win by himself there were a bunch of other players on the court helping him as he helped them. And brawl is 1v1s where you may rep the same region, but you only can depend on yourself to pull wins.

:phone:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Lol, what is that even supposed to mean? Is that an insult?
I wrote that? Sorry it was supposed to be shut the heck up u fake Z. I just had surgery. That is my john lol.

No, not really an insult. More like mind your own business. Why are u talking? I'm on the side of light here. Chill out.

@luckay - Wow, if you can't comprehend the comparison. It is the principle. Oh goodness. I'm done.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Has anyone looked into Dill :rob:? He beated Will :dk2: on Impact III.

This is all I know, but if anyone does know him (more than me, obv), then look onto him.
I hope you're not trying to bring up Dill for #1, he's top 5 imo but not 1. We know we beat Will, the whole world knows it lol. This video has been posted EVERYWHERE recently.

Kira isn't #1 in Arizona, he is number 2 behind someone named Darklink. Chibo hasn't lived in PA in almost a year or more, the PA PR is dead because PA has been dead until recent even then Chibo wasn't number 2 in the PA PR. Also ESAM did lose to 8bitman like maybe a year or so ago so the win is getting pretty outdated. But to say that ESAM sucks against characters that Pikachu can't chaingrab is dumb. There is a video somewhere on youtube where ESAM like 3 stocks Stingers.
Thank you lmao, finally someone remembers that I'm not in PA. I mean geez, my location is "Not PA" lol. I moved out at the end of June 2011, so in 4 days I will have lived in NJ for a full year.

The first season I moved back to NJ I was ranked on their PR (one of the hardest PRs in the country), though unfortunately have missed it the last two seasons.

This season I'm a mix. I feel like I'm getting better again since I'm practicing sort of, but still inconsistent. Placed much lower than I expected at Dissention, but did ok I guess at Uprise not long before that.

Depends on how long wins go back lol, I know I keep saying it :p

I personally think Kira is the best, recent wins on Haze, Sk92, etc. I'm just a lil shaky on it since I know he relies on Pit a bit, though I think both of those wins were with ROB.

Stingers and me are a toss up. We switch a lot of times with who is better imo, it's likely him right now, though it could switch around soon I think. It really comes down to his recent win on Chu, which is awesome.

I don't think Holy is worth ranking now that MK is unbanned again (boooo) since this guy literally only uses ROB when MK is banned, he doesn't even consider him otherwise afaik. The last tourney he used him in was concentrate 2, which he did amazing at. Got 5th iirc, I was also there and also placed really well, getting 9th out of like 40-60 or whatever it was. Impulse will be MK banned for Holy, but after that, I have no idea when he'll ever play ROB again.

Dill is solid, he just enters NOTHING. Like seriously, one tournament every 7 years, and Brawl was released in like 08 lol. I'm also skeptical of suggesting him for the list literally because he goes to one tournament every 6 months. Even still though, he's up there. I would say deserving of the spot below me/Stingers.

8Bit I don't even know. He beat ESAM that one time? :p

Though can we disqualify Stingers on the grounds that he's awful in doubles? haha

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Not black. Don't watch basketball. Comparison useless to me.

Mekos says he's done here for the 10th time. Inb4hepostsagain.

:018:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Chibo, Holy won a tourny in Canada like 2 weeks ago going all ROB. Dill needs more results, I've said it before, 1 good win in the span of 6 or 7 months should not get u on this list.

:017:

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Make your points more clear mekos because according to you, no one gets them. If you dont like people attacking faulty parts of your argument then dont include them

MVD

Smash Master
lololol at disqualifying stingers for being bad at doubles. haha

That was good.
I like how once ESAM gets to NC you suddenly advocate NC as being a "good region" before that you only had Passion and everyone still got wrecked all the time forever

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
wth MVD go and read the posts. Look at people joining the discussion. No one ever said NC was a good region.

The only point is he has no room to trash talk other regions. Comprehende people!! Also, that him being a high level player should help people instead of down them imo.

@Luckay - The only reason I add those parts is because they are rebuttles to newly added comments Seagull makes.

MVD

Smash Master
wth MVD go and read the posts. Look at people joining the discussion. No one ever said NC was a good region.

The only point is he has no room to trash talk other regions. Comprehende people!!
You definitely said NC is good, then you went along with Seagull saying NC is trash and you said his region is worse than a trash region, I'm just saying that without ESAM there, what do yall truly have? You spelled comprende wrong Btw :p assuming ur going Spanish mode

MVD

Smash Master
wth? Go and copy/paste where I said NC is good? You are mistaken.

yea i was trying spanish mode lol
I'm on my phone I ain't going back pages lol maybe I misread something, my point of what do you have without ESAM is still valid lol

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
And that is my point. U have no clue what u are talking about. No one was ever trying to justify NC or any of the other regions he called trash and say they are really good.

I keep telling u the main points and u are not reading. U are reading what u wanna read.

CASSIO!! I summon you. Come in here and a make a smart posts so people who don't understand will. haha

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
I'm just saying that without ESAM there, what do yall truly have?
Well Jesse:
Stingers
Shady Penguin
GQ
Uncle
Dotcom
ShadowAzure
Kale
Kadaj
Dr.Peepee (Yeah he plays Brawl)
Sushi-Man (still a **** MK even after all these years)
Stockfield
H1N1
Archer
Killanator
Mekos
LDPK
Dr.Yogi (I would consider him close to top 5 Mario)

Edit:Mekos I know went overboard. I just felt like typing it.......
Double Edit:I'm not trying to justify NC. I'm just listing the good players.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Idk whats with the nba comparisons, basketball is a team sport. Lebron didnt win by himself there were a bunch of other players on the court helping him as he helped them. And brawl is 1v1s where you may rep the same region, but you only can depend on yourself to pull wins.

Brawl is 1v1. Ok tell me how one gets better Luckay o.O
You play good people from your own region to get better, they're a part of the process as much as you are. You can't play brawl with just one (inb4 SSE/Stadium jokes). I'm not saying when it comes down to it it's going to be them helping, but they helped you get there. Without practice v others most people are trash, it's hard to be good when the only people you play are your high school friends who treat Captain Falcon as god and spam thunder with Pikachu.

Well Jesse:
Shady Penguin
Kale
Stockfield
H1N1
LDPK

Who are the people I left out of my quote and are any of them PRd? And have any of them done things outta region?

LOOOL Mekos using Cassio as his translator. I ******* love this thread.

MVD

Smash Master
Well Jesse:
Stingers
Shady Penguin
Dotcom
Kale
Kadaj
Dr.Peepee (Yeah he plays Brawl)
Sushi-Man (still a **** MK even after all these years)
Stockfield
H1N1
Archer
Killanator
Mekos
LDPK

Double Edit:I'm not trying to justify NC. I'm just listing the good players.
see there are like 3 ppl I would consider good on that list and only 1 I would have to worry about imo

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
^ That was my whole melee life. I lived in topeka, KS and couldn't travel.

Same thing for brawl until I moved to NC for college and as you all know our scene isn't that great. Doesn't have many good players like MD/VA. MD/VA has all these good players that can help each other constantly grow. The fact that they have never won a national in singles or doubles is a shame. So shameful he shouldn't be trash talking other regions. Regions that have a reasonable amount of good players have won nationals. U notice that!?? Make all the johns u want.

So yea...

@MVD - lolol at how you avoid aknowledging my post and go to talk about something irrelevant. This is how it is on SWF tho haha.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Who are the people I left out of my quote and are any of them PRd? And have any of them done things outta region?
Pretty much every player on that list (except 313 which is me, and Dr.Yogi) have been PR'D. Me and Dotcom are about to get ranked real soon. Especially after I beat #6 and #1 on the current list. Dr.Yogi has beaten PR'd players before as well)

MVD

Smash Master
^ That was my whole melee life. I lived in topeka, KS and couldn't travel.

Same thing for brawl until I moved to NC for college and as you all know our scene isn't that great. Doesn't have many good players like MD/VA. MD/VA has all these good players that can help each other constantly grow. The fact that they have never won a national in singles or doubles is a shame. So shameful he yshouldn't be trash talking other regions. Regions that have a reasonable amount of good players have won nationals. U notice that!?? Make all the johns u want.

So yea...

@MVD - lolol at how you avoid aknowledging my post and go to talk about something irrelevant. This is how it is on SWF tho haha.
No I saw ur post, but aren't I reading what I wanna see? I said I misread ur post, not I read what I wanna see

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
ah okay. U seemed still confused since u were acknowledging black mantis post instead of mine.

@Hylian - See u in here. Thanks for playing Diablo 3 with me yesterday. Your a beast! My friend said your gear is what he is looking for haha

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
You know the tier thing might not be that hard to do.

All we would ave to do is make a regional tier list (which has been done before)

Then based on the region vs player ranking in region vs national presence vs personal wins, all with a different ratio of importance for all of those factors we can then put the players into tiers. Furthermore with Mr. R's and Leon appearances at more US tourneys, including Gluttony's imminent SKTAR appearance we may even be able to add europe after SKTAR. I get the feeling that Europe's bests are around SoCal's level based on Apex, and E4U, but i'd wait for SKTAR before adding them.

But yeah it doesnt seem too farfetched IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom