• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
MMs make a difference but not as much as bracket wins. Must be 5+ dollars.

I didn't take a look at your Apex wins yet. I'd like to think that if you were doing well at Apex then you've gotta be top 2. We pulled you down because of activity primarily and Breezy just went up because I saw his performance in my pool and in bracket at Don't Blink, plus many can vouch for his acheivements.

If you'd like the mention who you beat at Apex in here that'd be helpful Im goin to bed for now.
Ah, okay. It's no sweat, I was just wondering is all. I beat Dueler X's G&W in pools, Lada's ROB in a $5 MM (not sure what to reference that win as. I want to say a good one, as he did beat Poltergust and was brought up recently as a potential top ROB), and Izumi's TL in a $5 MM.

TKD

Smash Lord
Coming from a Mexican that has played in the US.

Bear with me, as I'm basing these on the people on the list I've watched play and played against. I have Mexico's fullest perspective on the rankings for the following characters:

I very much think that Wonf and Nene (Mexico) are easily 2nd and 3rd Marths; Wonf above Nene.
Chota, the best Falco in Mexico, is much better than SK92 and should be 3rd (I can't say 2nd since I haven't played Shugo).
Flameleon is BY FAR the best Mario and Vato's a hilarious joke compared to him.
~ED~ is 10 times better than Kira. It's a colossal difference in skill, almost like the Vato~Flame one.
Havok is 4th Snake IMO.
AC doesn't even plan to play Wolf anymore so he doesn't deserve listing as such.

There is an amazing Wario, Toon Link and DDD (Addy, Hyuga, Waymas) in Mexico, even a Ganon (JaimeHR); but I either haven't played or aren't familiar with the players listed for them from the US, so I have no idea where/if they'd place.
The previous though, I'm confident in.

About me, I've played against lots of players from both the US and Mexico and am able to compare them (not only on how they do against me, but against other players and match-ups, and how much they buffer, how well they do, etc). I've also watched videos and live play of the ones I calibrated.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
He was 1 win away from bracket. Sadly he dropped games in the matches he won so he lost the 3 way tie..

My mind is blown

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
That's a lot of hate from Georgia.

My problem with MCP is

A. He doesn't have any videos online. I am currently working on a Wolf community combo video, so I watch a lot of videos from random wolfs to good ones. He doesn't have any videos online that are even remotely recent.

B. He hardly travels and getting 8th out of 13 people at every tournament isn't that impressive. Yeah, he beat Player 1, but who else has he beaten?

Losing to Wario and D3 every tournament is fine, buuuuuttttttttttt eventually aren't you supposed to learn those matchups and overcome them?

I lose to D3 too, btw. And lately, I've started to beat mine.

I lose to the best players in my region too (Joker :snake:, MJG :toonlink:, Fino :olimar:, Lux :popo:) but no one else (unless they play D3 :0)

Your incredible regional bias withstanding, my problem with you that you obviously haven't even bothered to do research. Have you bothered to look up the results for either myself or Ish? Have you bothered looking at videos?

I won't speak for Ish, but I have actually made money playing Wolf this year (over $200) and gotten multiple top 3 finishes (some of them outside of Nebraska even) and I haven't placed outside of the top 17 at a regional in over a year.

That being said, I would be inclined to put him in at #5 due to the hype and the responses. Plus.

I respect Reflex's opinion.

1-kain
2-seagull
3-choice
4-myself/mcp
5-mcp/myself

I don't really care if he's put ahead of me, but he better start posting videos and going out of state if he's going to be ahead of me is alllllllll I gotta say.
There was no hate at all, I just said McPP seems to be playing well at the moment. I didn't say he was better or worse than you at all, just that he plays well. Ish is a crazy technical Wolf. I haven't seen Wolf do as many tricks as he has, he probably is just lacking in experience. I haven't seen much of your Wolf except for today, and your a good player. I just think McPP is playing better atm.

I agree w/ TKD in that ~ED~ is a more balanced player than Kira. Kira still has the results, and until ~ED~ can make it to a socal tournament, then I'm sure he can surpass Kira. ED adapts crazy fast, at least on wifi -_-

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
If Holms and Ac are removed now (Which they should be even though they're both amazing :wolf: players) then the list for :wolf: should be:

1. Kain/Me
2. Kain/Me
3. Choice
4. McPeepants
5. Ish or Megarobman.

I'd probably put MRM over Ish given his performances, but I think Ish technically has better wins...And Ish's performances have always been good.

:018:

:phone:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
he didn't use solo ganono in 2nd round pools btw, he used GaW to beat DRN and I saw him playing falcon as well.
Interesting.

Wish I'dve known about this person. I hate having competition and not knowing anything about them. Only consistent Ganon competition is DLA, since people like Fonz and some others do really well at one tournament, then disappear forever without telling who they beat.

Who did he beat in his first pool?

Tearbear

Smash Ace
jamie is good

he got 9th at WGF with G&W/ganon. he did CP ganon to win a set too

i would consider him for G&W and ganon

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
jamie is good

he got 9th at WGF with G&W/ganon. he did CP ganon to win a set too

i would consider him for G&W and ganon
Do you know who he beat as Ganon? Bloody's been doing solid work as Ganon, so the top 5 would be pretty hard to take anyone out of or put anyone into right now, in my opinion.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
he beat lycan with ganon whos ranked pretty high in vegas

and he went ganon a couple of other matches against people nd ive seen him get 1st or 2nd in low tier tournys in tj before but that was a while back but hes legit

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
he beat lycan with ganon whos ranked pretty high in vegas

and he went ganon a couple of other matches against people nd ive seen him get 1st or 2nd in low tier tournys in tj before but that was a while back but hes legit
Interesting. Really wanna play him now lol.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'd like to say the Ganon list is pretty solid too myself, and that it doesn't need changing except internally as Verm and others continue fighting spots. Not one of them is really losing their touch. Ganon is a really hard list to get on imo, because they all do work.

That said I'm still debating on how to look at MMs performance wise when you go DOWN the tier list. Is it fair to measure matchups for Ganon as being more meaningful? Another question I have is, pools that you get out of almost automatically should count less than MMs, but pools that you don't count more than those pools and MMs combined. Finally tournament wins come into play as the most siginificant.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'd like to say the Ganon list is pretty solid too myself, and that it doesn't need changing except internally as Verm and others continue fighting spots. Not one of them is really losing their touch. Ganon is a really hard list to get on imo, because they all do work.

That said I'm still debating on how to look at MMs performance wise when you go DOWN the tier list. Is it fair to measure matchups for Ganon as being more meaningful? Another question I have is, pools that you get out of almost automatically should count less than MMs, but pools that you don't count more than those pools and MMs combined. Finally tournament wins come into play as the most siginificant.
Could you rephrase that, Krys?

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
He's saying that pool win against scrubs is not as good as MMs, but wins against good people in pools counts more than MM or pool of scrubs.

Cassio

Smash Master
btw if you dont know who jaimeHR is:

Apex 2012 Smash 64 Singles - 64 entrants

1: SuPeRbOoMfAn ($160.00)
2: Isai ($80.00)
3: JaimeHR ($32.00)

Genesis 2 SSB64 SINGLES

1: SupeRbOoMfAn ($198.00)
2: Isai ($99.00)
3: JaimeHR ($33.00)

Hes also one of the best in the world at smash64. I think thats the main game he plays but everytime I see him he plays brawl as well. I think Mexicos players dont get enough credit.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Wait, what? What has Bloodynite ever done? I honestly don't know and I'm from his region. Did he do something at Apex?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
He's saying that pool win against scrubs is not as good as MMs, but wins against good people in pools counts more than MM or pool of scrubs.
Ah, I see. I dunno if he was referring to me directly about the scrub thing, but Dueler X, as far as I know, is the best European G&W. At least according to some of the Europeans I spoke with. I personally think he was excellent, but I don't have much evidence to attest to his skill level outside of the fact that he beat Vex's Ganon and almost his ICs (If I recall correctly).

Wait, what? What has Bloodynite ever done? I honestly don't know and I'm form his region. Did he do something at Apex?

He beat Izumi's TL in a MM and did well in the GG. I'm sure he did other things. Bloody's definitely 5th, I think.

Roller

Smash Legend
Since when is beating Izumi's TL an accomplishment which makes you a top player for any given character?

Honestly, Lycan>Izumi, imo.

*in terms of prestige of wins against.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Precisely.

Replace "pool wins against scrubs" with "pool wins that you auto make it out of" though.

Do you mean default wins?

Since when is beating Izumi's TL an accomplishment which makes you a top player for any given character?

Honestly, Lycan>Izumi, imo.
It's not, but Izumi's definitely a high-level player (not top though, obviously) who uses a damn hard MU for Ganon. Bloody doesn't have many accomplishments, but compared to other Ganons speculated for a spot, he does. There're a billion Ganons who perform fluke wins in friendlies or whatever, but Bloody does have a few solid wins which is more than most Ganons can say. If Jaime's R1 pool wasn't free and Lycan is actually good (and not just okay), I'd definitely see where Bloody and Jaime could contend for 5th.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Bear with me, as I'm basing these on the people on the list I've watched play and played against. I have Mexico's fullest perspective on the rankings for the following characters:

I very much think that Wonf and Nene (Mexico) are easily 2nd and 3rd Marths; Wonf above Nene.
Chota, the best Falco in Mexico, is much better than SK92 and should be 3rd (I can't say 2nd since I haven't played Shugo).
Flameleon is BY FAR the best Mario and Vato's a hilarious joke compared to him.
~ED~ is 10 times better than Kira. It's a colossal difference in skill, almost like the Vato~Flame one.
Havok is 4th Snake IMO.
AC doesn't even plan to play Wolf anymore so he doesn't deserve listing as such.

There is an amazing Wario, Toon Link and DDD (Addy, Hyuga, Waymas) in Mexico, even a Ganon (JaimeHR); but I either haven't played or aren't familiar with the players listed for them from the US, so I have no idea where/if they'd place.
The previous though, I'm confident in.

About me, I've played against lots of players from both the US and Mexico and am able to compare them (not only on how they do against me, but against other players and match-ups, and how much they buffer, how well they do, etc). I've also watched videos and live play of the ones I calibrated.
If Ed is that much better than Kira, then I'd like to know what his turnout has been besides the recent one. does he have some good wins against people that you'd consider your level, TKD? That's what I'd like to know.

I'd say that I'm actually better than Kira, but I need to win another tournament with Pit (win as in top 5 in a 30+ local/regional) solo in order to finally consider the results/placement factor. I'd think Ed might be better than me personally if I knew he fought in our region.

Flame sounds amazing but vato has good wins too. Like I said, coming up with people they've beat and average placement would be nice :)

I've heard of Waymas, please tell me more if you guys know!

EDIT: Verm, I mean pools that essentially say "top 4 get out" when they're like 5 or 6 each. Pools that you dont get out of easily are ones like Apex.

Cassio

Smash Master
lol, interestingly I had lycan and izumi in my genesis 2 pool. Izumis MK > Lycan > Izumis TL

And Krys these are mexican players. They cant always come to the US and no one ever goes to mexico except like, havok, and tearbear. TKD is one of the few players that goes to both.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Cassio I know :) I mean I'd like to see them fighting players that TKD considers his level, regardless if they travel as much as he does.

EDIT: Well got class later folks

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
if I beat a better player in a MM with ganon can I take his spot?
Well, it's not just that one MM, it's his overall performance that I think has proven to put him in the 5th spot. The wins help, but since only probably 3-4 Ganons have any actual tourney wins, the 5th spot and below would be a conjecturing battle of who's performed better, even if not via wins.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Flameleon is 16th in AiB's ladder right now. Not sure if that holds any weight. Oddly enough Keeby is 4th....

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
From what it sounds like JaimeHR should def get into top 5 Ganon spot.

Also Flameleon is BY FAR BEST MARIO

*FLAMEPROOF*

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
From what it sounds like JaimeHR should def get into top 5 Ganon spot.

Also Flameleon is BY FAR BEST MARIO

*FLAMEPROOF*
I think if he shows one more bit of evidence, then I'm all for it. I've always just been against sensationalist "he did well once, let's give him a top spot" mentalities. If someone can perform well two times, then they're solid in my book. A lot of people haven't though. They perform well once then are never heard from again, at least, their Ganon.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
It would be easier if Mexico could show his results somewhere =__=, but Mexico has some legit players.

Waymas (Wario), Flame (Mario), TKD (Fox), ED (Pit) and Addy (D3) I know for sure. [All should be on this list imo]

The rest I never played but have heard/seen many videos of them.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lycan is a :wolf:. He's good. Bout as good as Megarobman.

Lycan is NOT a Wolf, he's a Marth/MK (dont know how much MK he uses lately though). He used Wolf like, a year ago, but he dropped him well before Genesis 2.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Cool, I've heard the name JaimeHR but I had no idea he played Ganon. Anyone who gets top 3 at a national in ANY smash game must be a sick player.

Wish I had known about him, I would have invited him to be on the Ganon Gauntlet at APEX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom