• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I also think Coney's :ness2: should be considered top 5...MIB goes all :wario: lol. Coney pockets :ness2: just for :metaknight:'s and LT's.

:018:

Zee725

Smash Apprentice
Throwing my name up there for:

Top 2 pikachoo.

Top 5 fox- I use fox as a strong 2nd for certain matchups and did use him at Apex and won in pools/bracket

Top 5 Samus- Though I may not have used samus much in tournament lately, i feel that my samus is better than some that are on the list. NOID is the only samus i've HEARD of doing work recently so obv he'll be top but i'll start to provide some results/vids if necessary. I got that Tudor training, LEGGO! =P

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@Falln- I don't know who you are, but someday, I'll find you, and kill... oops, started saying that outloud :awesome:

@Kewkky and Kappy- It's the 5th position on the Top 5 list, and I STILL think it's simply a placeholder, but a placeholder is still a place on the list and as such still has meaning. Lolololol, it's a toss-up, but I'd say it's between you guys who takes the fifth spot.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Reflex
Malcom
Bassem
Hunger
Krys/Sky/BR/Slikvik

I will keep myself at 5th until a bug crawls up my *** and makes me use Wario again in tourney. Otherwise expect that place to be easily swiped. Genesis 2 was almost 6 months ago, so that's about my only saving grace. I DID do more than BR did ever, and we're both God Kais, so at least the rep is there I believe (he did outplace me once at MLG Columbus, but we already know that story). Also, putting Hunger on makes sense, and he goes all Wario mostly.

Putting Sky on over me for fifth, I think there are other Warios who have had recent acomplishments and a long list of records before Sky even thought of mostly maining Wario. His performance at Apex won't be ignored for sure, and I know how he is skill wise. I just want to give other Warios a chance too. I will ask the Wario boards too.
o_O Im confused as to why you feel I should be moved down and have malcolm remain above me.

The main thing that everybody is using to boost reflex's placing is his performance at apex. Malcolm hasnt done anything notable in some time and I tied for 2nd highest wario at apex and was one of the 3 warios to make it into bracket. You got some splainin to do lucy.

Wario list IMO should be

1)reflex (active and did good at apex)
2)bassem (active and did relatively well at apex)
3)malcolm (moved down for inactivity and lack of any recent results)
4)hunger/sky/krys
5)hunger/krys/sky/slik

Roller

Smash Legend
Just so everyone is aware, Malcolm 2-0'd everyone in his pool at APEX, then conceded all his matches.

L

Also, Z'z. That's awfully big talk coming from someone who lost to an ICs main on :rainbowcruise:

:yeahboi:

Player-1

Smash Legend
*still wondering why Lie is above Felix when no one said he should be*

People only said he should have been on the list, I understand that the logic would be that Felix doesn't travel OoS and only goes to WA tournaments of like 8 people so that Lie should be above him, but if Lie is going to move ahead of him then I should too. Like, no one really said anything about that Diddy list, kryst, so I don't really think it should be up.

Diddy list should be either:

1. ADHD
2. Gnes
3. Lie/Player-1
4. Lie/Player-1
5. Felix

OR

1. ADHD
2. Gnes
3. Felix
4. Lie/Player-1
5. Lie/Player-1

Again, the logic being Felix doesn't go OoS and only goes to 10 man tournaments, but he's better than both me and Lie so that may or may not warrant a move down. Lie is also a better player than me, but he also uses MK to cover his bad MUs. Both mine and his Diddy are probably roughly around the same level since he knows some MUs better than me and I know some MUs better than him.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
If you guys both believe that than that's fine. I can think of you two as interchangeable. Ill recheck back later if anyone has a problem with your list.

Also I witnessed Lie do really well all Diddy at what was it Revenge? Anyways I think that should be taken into account. Felix I havent seen much of at all, and 10 man tourneys dont cut it imo, but we'll see... Sorry if I screwed your placing up p1.

Player-1

Smash Legend
well idk...all I think is me and Lie should be right next to each other no matter whose ahead of each other or where we are on the list, as long as that is fine then I can agree to the list.

edit: yeah Lie did really well at some MW tourney splitting 1st with Lie, but he didn't have character placements next to his name at the tournament. From what I heard he used MK, Diddy, Snake, Olimar, Pikachu, and other characters at that tournament. But that's what I'm saying, Lie is a better overall player than me, but we're probably about even with just Diddy since he covers a lot of his bad MUs with other characters mostly (MK). I've also been doing really well in my region. My last 4 tournaments in my region I've gotten 2nd (beating kismet, saint, elev8 twice), 2nd (beating 4god, kismet, micaelis, and bil_), 4th (beating DRN), and 3rd (beating kadaj and DRN).

MJG

Smash Hero
Lie should be 3rd best diddy IMO.

Bassem should also be a top 2 (if not, at least top 3) wario.

EDIT: Also, I don't think enough credit is being given to falln. I don't keep up with the WC often and I am not aware of who is good (besides mikehaze, RB, Larry, tyrant, etc) but his performance at LSC and other tournaments (along with inactivity of other kirby mains) should be looked into.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Illmatic
Nicole
SillyKyle
Mikey Lenetia--->should be bumped off due to inactivity
Kyon---> should be moved up

Dark.Pch should be 5th, Illmatic and Silly Kyle already said so a few pages ago.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
:sonic: list should be

Espy
X
MeekSpeedy
D1aos
Speed
I'd put Wedge over Speed solely because of Speed's inactivity. Wedge made it to 2nd round pools 2-0ing everyone in his pool (Logic, Telu, Luminoth and Thugz.) Speed drowned in his 1st round pool at Apex.

I have.

My first tourney in IL I tied with Kappy.

My 2nd tourney in IL I placed higher.

I remember me placing 5th once in a tourney while on USA though... Can't find it so whatever, might as well have never happened if I can't find a link.

Then stuff happened and keeps happening, preventing me from going to tourneys. I'm going to one in either Feb 11 or Feb 18th though, GUARANTEED ASGAFSDGAFDD.

Kappy goes to more tourneys than me though, I'm always riddled with rust and nastiness while he's getting better everyday and getting at those results. I'd say put him in 5th, I don't feel right taking a spot there unless I'm active.
You. Main. :zerosuitsamus:. Plz.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I forget EVERYONE he beat but he beat one of the notable lucas or ness mains, deltacod, and one other person of repute iirc.

Edit: I think i'll ask him cuz now i'm curious lol.
I beat Deltacod, Grimace, SSguy, uh I lost 2-1 to Kismet close game though, I lost to richbrown 2-0, lost to a sheik, pretty much it. I was like doing so well vs san then the power went out.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I was that Sheik lol, fun matches. I was just so frustrated with myself with how I did in that pool and I had to take it out in someone. I really wish I did better in that pool.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
I didn't even know felix still played lmao xI

I'd def put Lie down as third though since he does have some notable wins with diddy (and if anything he loses more as MK) I:

p1 still loses to :ivysaur: so imo someone from colorado should be above him :pichu:

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Whoah whoah whoah what why in the updated ROB top 5 chibo #1? why isnt holy on there as well as tommy who are two robs that are better than chibo? (no offense to chibo) why is 8 bit on there???? (still no offense)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I beat Deltacod, Grimace, SSguy, uh I lost 2-1 to Kismet close game though, I lost to richbrown 2-0, lost to a sheik, pretty much it. I was like doing so well vs san then the power went out.
It was pretty even then all momentum was lost. I thought it was really unfortunate since it was looking to be an intense set.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
diddy wario ics sheik kirby rob pit lucas samus ganon

might be more

but those are the ones I updated

still gotta put a 5th for lucas apparently I didnt put you there one sec. you're a PH for now

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Xavier Ill kill you for your impudence impatience >:x

Ill get at it.

Wario's fixed for now. Will replace myself with Slik/Jnig/Croi/Sky/or someone else that rises up.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
scizor is another link main who does alright in socal

hes beaten zekey in pool and in a mm and im sure he has a few other good wins for a link main

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Legan hasn't been using Link actively in tourneys at all in the past like 6 months or even year iirc. He hasn't dropped Link as a main but barely uses him in tourney anymore =[ so his results are all past stuff (similar to ChuDat with Kirby) except he has NO recent results as Link.

ALSM is the same way he quit maining Link for some time now in tourneys shouldn't be on list.

Kirin hasn't been as active as he used to be but he still manages to make the biggest events like Genesis 2 and APEX I know he has been to a few locals in the past 6 months as well and placing fairly with mostly Link.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Did you fully update the list Krys?

I haven't been keeping up but was King D3's Top 5 discussed at all? Because what's up right now is kind of a sad list imo. Maybe I'm not current enough with them but I'm pretty sure their top 5 should look something like

1. Coney
2. Atomsk
3. 4GOD
4. Zekey
5. ?????

Correct me if I'm wrong or if you think someone should move.

Roller

Smash Legend
Holy **** Xavier, change your text color. It's hard as **** to read on Smash Blue.

Also. Speed drowned in round 1 pools? I wonder who he could have lost to????

;)

And Mikey is active enough. He made it onto our PR for last season (september-december) which requires an adequate level of activity.

Andddd Mikey>Kyon.

I also think Dark Pch is better than Kyon.

...When he isn't psyching himself out.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
McPeepants should be on this. He should definitely have the 4th spot. He's gotten top 8 at pretty much all tournaments he's been to in the past 3 months. He just loses to tough matchups from Reflex and 4God. He's really good, his reaction time is amazing, and reads are on point. I can't believe MegaRobMan or Ish can play Wolf as well as McPP at this point and time.
That's a lot of hate from Georgia.

My problem with MCP is

A. He doesn't have any videos online. I am currently working on a Wolf community combo video, so I watch a lot of videos from random wolfs to good ones. He doesn't have any videos online that are even remotely recent.

B. He hardly travels and getting 8th out of 13 people at every tournament isn't that impressive. Yeah, he beat Player 1, but who else has he beaten?

Losing to Wario and D3 every tournament is fine, buuuuuttttttttttt eventually aren't you supposed to learn those matchups and overcome them?

I lose to D3 too, btw. And lately, I've started to beat mine.

I lose to the best players in my region too (Joker :snake:, MJG :toonlink:, Fino :olimar:, Lux :popo:) but no one else (unless they play D3 :0)

Your incredible regional bias withstanding, my problem with you that you obviously haven't even bothered to do research. Have you bothered to look up the results for either myself or Ish? Have you bothered looking at videos?

I won't speak for Ish, but I have actually made money playing Wolf this year (over $200) and gotten multiple top 3 finishes (some of them outside of Nebraska even) and I haven't placed outside of the top 17 at a regional in over a year.

That being said, I would be inclined to put him in at #5 due to the hype and the responses. Plus.

I agree. McPP is a very safe #4 pick.
I respect Reflex's opinion.

1-kain
2-seagull
3-choice
4-myself/mcp
5-mcp/myself

I don't really care if he's put ahead of me, but he better start posting videos and going out of state if he's going to be ahead of me is alllllllll I gotta say.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Rob, I am not the best player in your region >_>

I'm barely top 5 in KS, let alone your region

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Rob, I am not the best player in your region >_>

I'm barely top 5 in KS, let alone your region
I did say best playerS

Lux, you are a top 5 Ice Climber, obviously that supersedes your placement on the Kansas PR.

If I had to PR KS/IA/MO/NE, I think you'd be top 7. I'd probably barely make #12 :(

I dont think ive heard of megarob before or of anything that hes done
That's cause I'm from Nebraska, and I usually keep quiet so long as you aren't on the Wolf boards or in my region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom