• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
anuar is the third best olimar.

until he goes metaknight vs larry and gets ****ed up.

However admitedly he could get ****ed up with olimar.

however even more admitedly I think he did ok with snake.

additionally however admitedly faguar also times other olimars out with metkanight on brinstar.

Anuar is also additionally, however, ****ing gay to play on brinstar.

Cassio

Smash Master
yeah, hard to see denti as #3 after he got dismantled by terry. Same with dabuz for first. At least not until MKs banned completely.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Alright, calm down.

Dabuz is... without a doubt.. the best Olimar.

Just because Tearbear beat both Dabuz and Denti (he has like all of Olimar experience in the world), does not mean it automatically discredits both of these amazing players.

Dabuz beat M2K at LSC (Amateur bracket).
Terry just REALLY REALLY knows the matchup, and he's Metaknight :troll:.

I know you guys love Rich Brown or whatever, and no offense to him because he's a really cool guy.. but he's been inactive when it comes to travelling and Dabuz has just really been outplacing as well as bringing in a variety of stronger wins.

dabuz4lyfebrah

Judo777

Smash Master
I still find it funny that people think that Olimar will be better with MK gone lol

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I still find it funny that people think that Olimar will be better with MK gone lol
With MK gone, olimar has TWO bad MUs, falco (-1), and ICs (-2, or maybe -1 if olimar planks). Olimar also can't be hard CP locked with either brinstar or RC when MK is gone. Olimar will probably be top 5 after the MK ban, even now he is underrated IMO.

Also, to anyone debating anuar for #3, he needs RECENT RESULTS. I think we all know he is an amazing player, but he needs to show it; a win on gnes in pools and a good record against tearbear is not enough to dethrone Denti/ logic.

Tearbear has two skilled olimars to practice against, he knows the MU disturbingly well. BTW, he (probably) wouldn't of won if he didn't have 2/3 people coaching/ pre-gaming him in our set =_=

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
If anuar has a torunament set on gnes, that auto makes him 3rd. I don't think neither Logic's or denti's wins all together compare to that. denti has like trela and logic junebug or somethin XD. Gnes > most things except adhd,ally,m2k,anti.

z00ted

If anuar has a torunament set on gnes, that auto makes him 3rd. I don't think neither Logic's or denti's wins all together compare to that. denti has like trela and logic junebug or somethin XD. Gnes > most things except adhd,ally,m2k,anti.
traito r

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
gaaahhhhhh
"Admittedly" has two "t"s in it.
Admittedly I'm a horrible speller. thank you for educating me, however you could have taken this to aim (soren)
yeah, hard to see denti as #3 after he got dismantled by terry. Same with dabuz for first. At least not until MKs banned completely.
It wouldn't suprise me if terry beat dabuz and denti with ice climbers.
Attention WC, get the fk off of AllisBrawl for tournaments.

Thanks <3

:phone:
no. LOL

I tend to agree, but I think to some extent every high tier gets a little "better" without metaknight. I doubt olimar will get worse or rather at the very least olimars placings drop significantly if at all. Dabuz's problem seems to be with metaknights in nj/ny where as rich brown historically has lost to DEHF. Its posssible rich brown will come in here to tell me he's not going to lose to larry anymore but we'll see what happens, its also possible people in NJ NY may start to beat dabuz

With MK gone, olimar has TWO bad MUs, falco (-1), and ICs (-2, or maybe -1 if olimar planks). Olimar also can't be hard CP locked with either brinstar or RC when MK is gone. Olimar will probably be top 5 after the MK ban, even now he is underrated IMO.

Also, to anyone debating anuar for #3, he needs RECENT RESULTS. I think we all know he is an amazing player, but he needs to show it; a win on gnes in pools and a good record against tearbear is not enough to dethrone Denti/ logic.

Tearbear has two skilled olimars to practice against, he knows the MU disturbingly well. BTW, he wouldn't of won if he didn't have 2/3 people coaching him in our set =_=
I don't think tearbear gets practice with rich brown or anuar, he only gets practice with awex at bset. He lives 2 and 3 hours away from each of them respectively. I can't speak for tearbear but I am certain his skill at the match up is a result of him basically maining the entire cast and knowing what a character can and can't do. Again though I can't speak for tearbear he'd have to post why he knows things exactly.

I agree about the anuar part, but we're going to meatride our region anyway.

Also I've heard differing opinions on the falco olimar mu from larry :/
Falln beating mikehaze did not automatically make him the best kirby, it took him months of consitency and wins for him to be able to say that. While its true that a win on Gnes isn't anything to sneeze at (and I don't think it was a fluke because he went to game 3 with ADHD the day after) I don't think that alone would justify him as being the third.

I Still think anuar might be the third best olimar though.

z00ted

LOL I love how you bring in "winning to Nexus by a hair" to validate your claim.

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
Olimar is the gayest character in the smash-series.

nah joke but he is kinda weird tho

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
how is there GA and AL players on this list?

THERE SHOULDNT BE we arent top 5 in ANYTHING in the nation wtf i seriously doubt that two top 5 diddys in the nation are from GA.
what about negga or idk diddys but there are alot of good diddys.

edit: this list is HELLAAAA region biased.

edit: ive placed higher than that Kaptain's jigglypuff lmao wtf that guy is a joke. there are legit jigglypuffs online? idk man there is no way someone who isnt even CLOSE to being on a state PR should have top 5 in any character. that dude has hardly ever made it out of pools wtf. actually ive never even seen him win a game against any notable player ever.

also i think the DDD's could be more accurate. Tech Chase is pretty good isnt he?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
H TIER |
:link2: Link​
|:jigglypuff: Jigglypuff|:zelda: Zelda|:ganondorf: Ganondorf
|
Legan​
|
Dapuffster​
|
Riot​
|
DLA*
|
KirinBlaze​
|
Rainbow Mink​
|
ScaryLB59​
|
Fonz*
|
AeroLink the SoulMaster​
|
Kaptain​
|
Fuujin​
|
Vermanubis*
|
LordXav1er​
|
San​
|
Linkz​
|
Breezy**
|
Ninja The Link Sage​
|
Zigsta​
|
Ven​
|
Bloodynite*​
Any reason the OP hasn't been updated with this?

Player-1

Smash Legend

THERE SHOULDNT BE we arent top 5 in ANYTHING in the nation wtf i seriously doubt that two top 5 diddys in the nation are from GA.

edit: this list is HELLAAAA region biased.

edit: ive placed higher than that Kaptain's jigglypuff lmao wtf that guy is a joke. there are legit jigglypuffs online? idk man there is no way someone who isnt even CLOSE to being on a state PR should have top 5 in any character. that dude has hardly ever made it out of pools wtf. actually ive never even seen him win a game against any notable player ever.

also i think the DDD's could be more accurate. Tech Chase is pretty good isnt he?

Yeah Reflex definitely shouldn't be on the PT list at all take him off.

Right now I'm definitely top 5 diddy I think the only one that contend with my spot on number 4 is lie who is definitely a better player than me, but the only debate is if his solo diddy is better than mine or not since he relies on MK a lot in MU he doesn't know with diddy. Biglou should be taken off due to his inactivity and me/lie as 4/5. The next best one after that is gdx who I think is pretty close to a spot too

:phone:

Cassio

Smash Master

Haha, sorta my thoughts as well. Glad someone from over there said it first.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
We've obviously annexed any area Reflex in the general area of from GA/AL.

:troll:

Anyways iirc P-1 is one of the few in GA that hold their own against OoS players. That's not NC or AL that is.

Judo777

Smash Master

Tearbear has two skilled olimars to practice against, he knows the MU disturbingly well. BTW, he (probably) wouldn't of won if he didn't have 2/3 people coaching/ pre-gaming him in our set =_=
With MK gone ideally (and more than likely) more player will play those characters too. I can see A LOT of top level MK's going to Falco and IC's (and Marth who I thought beat Oli but w/e you know better than me).

Also I don't even follow the Brinstar, RC comment. Those stages will still be pick able, and NOW people that don't play MK don't have to be TERRIFIED of CPing Olimar there for fear of a pocket MK (which most top level Olimars have). Like if I played GW or Wario, we would go there EVERY SINGLE game 2 and idc who you pick because you don't have a **** autowin secondary anymore (not you specifically).

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Most marths+olis believe marth/oli is even

What I am saying is that olimar's won't fear RC/brinstar too much, because olimar fares very well on those 2 stages vs. any character besides MK.

Judo777

Smash Master
Most marths+olis believe marth/oli is even

What I am saying is that olimar's won't fear RC/brinstar too much, because olimar fares very well on those 2 stages vs. any character besides MK.
I mean but he's not like much stronger on those stages right? It's just MK is **** on those stages. So literally if the stages are only bad for one MU then the stages aren't bad its just the MU. And I bet GW fairs much better on those 2 stages vs Olimar then on a neutral.

I guess what I'm saying is it would be like saying "with IC's gone I no longer have to fear going to FD" but FD isn't the problem. It's just IC's.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I mean but he's not like much stronger on those stages right? It's just MK is **** on those stages. So literally if the stages are only bad for one MU then the stages aren't bad its just the MU. And I bet GW fairs much better on those 2 stages vs Olimar then on a neutral.

I guess what I'm saying is it would be like saying "with IC's gone I no longer have to fear going to FD" but FD isn't the problem. It's just IC's.
Yes, those stages are only a problem in the MK MU. G&W will do a lot better on RC/Brinstar than on any neutral when fighting olimar, but thats because G&W is great on those stages. Olimar is not inhibited on RC/ Brinstar.

Player-1

Smash Legend
as said earlier, lie is definitely a better player than me, but he relies on MK on a lot of his bad MUs with diddy (he lost to DRN's ZSS with both both diddy and MK who I always beat, and he lost to stinger's rob with diddy where he won with MK and I'm 2-0 in sets with 4-0 in games). Mekos said he went MK and Diddy and I heard he used some other characters like pikachu, snake, and olimar, but IDK who he beat with solo Diddy and stuff so there's not much room for discussion...until...like...someone actually tells us who he beat with solo diddy lol. No offence to him and stuff cuz his diddy is really good, I just have no idea who he actually beat.

Yeah Olimar can do pretty well on RC against characters that don't get huge buffs from it (flying charcters etc.), he can camp the boat portion really well, and his up-b really helps his zoning ability during the rising part, the top part has lower ceilings too, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom