• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea, from what I've seen, no other character really can abuse the stage like MK. Hell I was just watching a set where a top GnW lost there twice in a row.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
"The Top 5 Brawl [US, CAN, MEX] -CHANGES, DISCUSS THEM!! (before finalization)-"

In this thread opinion is fact.

Judo777

Smash Master
Yes, those stages are only a problem in the MK MU. G&W will do a lot better on RC/Brinstar than on any neutral when fighting olimar, but thats because G&W is great on those stages. Olimar is not inhibited on RC/ Brinstar.
Yea yea I see what ur sayin. But Olimar already did pretty well vs MK (it was long ago accepted that MK wins game 2). So MK being banned only takes out the MK MU for Olimar (that was already not too bad for Olimar) and the fact that MK wins game 2 (which is standard). I don't see how that is really a buff when the next few characters in line (primarily Falco, IC's and Marth) will more than likely get a large rise in usage.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Yea yea I see what ur sayin. But Olimar already did pretty well vs MK (it was long ago accepted that MK wins game 2). So MK being banned only takes out the MK MU for Olimar (that was already not too bad for Olimar) and the fact that MK wins game 2 (which is standard). I don't see how that is really a buff when the next few characters in line (primarily Falco, IC's and Marth) will more than likely get a large rise in usage.
With a large rise in falcos comes a large rise in ICs/Pikas to hard counter falco.

A large rise in Marths isn't bad for olimar, seeing as the MU is even.

A large rise in ICs is bad, but IMO, the ics MU is equally as difficult as the MK MU.

Olimar gets buffed because MK is tied with ICs as olimar's hardest MU (IMO), no other MUs are as difficult. This means that the average MU spread an olimar has to deal with in tourney will be much less disadvantageous, hence why olimar is buffed.

falln

Smash Ace
With a large rise in falcos comes a large rise in ICs/Pikas to hard counter falco.

A large rise in Marths isn't bad for olimar, seeing as the MU is even.

A large rise in ICs is bad, but IMO, the ics MU is equally as difficult as the MK MU.

Olimar gets buffed because MK is tied with ICs as olimar's hardest MU (IMO), no other MUs are as difficult. This means that the average MU spread an olimar has to deal with in tourney will be much less disadvantageous, hence why olimar is buffed.
a large rise in pika means a large rise in olimar means a large rise in falco means a large rise in pika means a large rise in olimar means a large rise in falco means a

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I think this line of reasoning is kind of silly tbh. I mean sure if there was a constant flow of new players who were picking up characters based on match-ups, then I could see this to be a good point, but there's not a lot of new players. With MK banned all of the MK players are probably going to either quit or main their secondary if they have one, or of course start from scratch if they like brawl w/o MK.

I can see a lot of MK players going back to falco, because he's just a really good character that can handle diddy easier, and seems to me a lot of MKs have a falco. I don't think people are going to start picking up pika all of a sudden. IMO, olimar doesn't get buffed at all from the MK ban, he stays the same.

Judo777

Smash Master
I think this line of reasoning is kind of silly tbh. I mean sure if there was a constant flow of new players who were picking up characters based on match-ups, then I could see this to be a good point, but there's not a lot of new players. With MK banned all of the MK players are probably going to either quit or main their secondary if they have one, or of course start from scratch if they like brawl w/o MK.

I can see a lot of MK players going back to falco, because he's just a really good character that can handle diddy easier, and seems to me a lot of MKs have a falco. I don't think people are going to start picking up pika all of a sudden. IMO, olimar doesn't get buffed at all from the MK ban, he stays the same.
Yea I mean they are going to pick up characters they have been playing (typically other top tiers) more IC's and Falco's is not good for Olimar. In fact the only real buff I can see Olimar getting is also the increase in Snakes (who would be another common pick for MK players although not as good as Falco IMO).

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Luigi is so broken with his low traction and god-like ground game. :troll:
Lol ^

Also wanetd to ask how one gets on this list. Got a pretty beastly Ness and after seeing the top 5 play, I think I would be able to make it.

Got a pretty small number of recorded sets given that I mained MK before the ban, but I guess some noticible sets would be:

2-0ing Poke (10th on the PR at the time)

2-1ing Mr.L (9th on the PR at the time)

Taking Meekspeedy (2nd on PR atm and 5th best Sonic) to game 3 four times (all of the game 3s were close though he admittedly won them all)

Being even with Tinman's (1st on the PR atm) Falco (his secondary). Don't have a precise set count here.

I'm also an HM on the PR with Ness, but don't know how much that really counts for lol.

Vids of SiD 5 will hopefully be uploaded shortly so I can post them here, just wanted to ask how this all works cause I'm kinda new to this thread. Srry for the n00bishness of this post ;)

Player-1

Smash Legend
Luigi is broken, he just sandbags on purpose so he doesn't get banned, but he's so broken he can't control his own brokeness so little spurts of it burst out at times where he wrecks everything so it's not really fair so we should ban luigi.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Bizkit is the 5th best snake in the world? Are you guys sure? surely there has to be someone else

mikeray4

Smash Ace
He's beaten Tyrant, Tearbear, Rich Brown and a bunch of other players
oh ok. Thats a good win record. I dont know what his games vs them are like though

cause like he can beat tyrant 1 time but lose to him 15 times.....and that 1 time doesnt really mean he's good. I havent actually gotten to play havok or seen his win/loss record so i don't really know how good he really is or isnt

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Luigi is broken, he just sandbags on purpose so he doesn't get banned, but he's so broken he can't control his own brokeness so little spurts of it burst out at times where he wrecks everything so it's not really fair so we should ban luigi.
i feel like this is c/p'ed from when you posted it in the luigi social thread in like 2009 hahahaha

zmx

Smash Lord
Luigi is so broken. I throw a banana with diddy. Great, now I can grab him/smash him! Oh wait no, he's virtually immune to all combos.

Ban luigi I say! Also ban Ike. And while your at it, Jigglypuff. All 3 for totally different reasons.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
You are dumb P1. Only a complete idiot would think that a character plays themselves. Luigi sandbags? What an idiot.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Guys, give the metagame time to develop. I'm sure Luigi's dominance will dwindle with time. You aren't trying hard enough! Ban his **** stages! BAN HIS B BUTTON!!

Cassio

Smash Master
There is no way falco is not a horrible MU for olimar. Watching olimar against a falco that really knows the MU is one of the most depressing things to watch in this game.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
There is no way falco is not a horrible MU for olimar. Watching olimar against a falco that really knows the MU is one of the most beautiful things to watch in this game.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, stop talking about Luigi being good. Even if you're trolling.
He's low-tier trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom