• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassio

Smash Master
lol. Watching olimar lose every tournament match and friendly is entertaining the first time....and the second time...and the hundreth time...and the thousandth time. But by one thousand and one you start to feel a little bad :(. Its more a testament to how bad the MU is, causes me to have sympathy for a character as loathsome as olimar.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
oh ok. Thats a good win record. I dont know what his games vs them are like though

cause like he can beat tyrant 1 time but lose to him 15 times.....and that 1 time doesnt really mean he's good. I havent actually gotten to play havok or seen his win/loss record so i don't really know how good he really is or isnt
Havok beats tyrant like every 3rd or 4th time they play. He like consistently beats rich(with Snake) and places above the rest of SoCal, losing only to like Tyrant, Larry, and Mike.

I definitely know Havok is better than Bizkit and MVD.

I can't wait to play Bizkit maaaaan. And MikeRay I guess.

:phone:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
MVD is pretty close, but yeah, Havok is pretty dope

lol. Watching olimar lose every tournament match and friendly is entertaining the first time....and the second time...and the hundreth time...and the thousandth time. But by one thousand and one you start to feel a little bad :(. Its more a testament to how bad the MU is, causes me to have sympathy for a character as loathsome as olimar.
No, you should never feel sorry for Olimar. He's an absolute monster, if there was a microcosm of the Occupy movement, it would be the pikmin (the 99%) v. Olimar (1%).
:b:

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
nah bowser is the broken one. Hell he steals princess peach right in front of mario.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
There is no way falco is not a horrible MU for olimar. Watching olimar against a falco that really knows the MU is one of the most depressing things to watch in this game.
You mean watching DEHF vs. any olimar. Anyway, the MU is gay because olimar actually gets outcamped, but I don't see every olimar lose to every falco.

Name another sheik who plays consistently?

Ideally, top five would be:
1a/b: Judo and Ed
3-5: Tutu, Billy, Tree.

Then you slap a mostly subjective order on it and bam. Done. The reason Rip is listed as high is because it appears that he's around the same skill level as Tutu and for multiple reasons also outplaced him at their last regional.

You might he able to make a case for Ankoku (Aisight), but honestly I don't know how well he does out west now. mars is probably in that same Tree/Billy/Tutu area.

:phone:
"multiple reasons" one of them being I was drunk during bracket. Ripple maybe better than I am, but yo, SiiS don't use that as any kind of basis of comparison please. Brawl mad hard when you're throwing up between sets.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
olol I'm still on this. Placed 5th at a tourney a few weeks ago so idk could be worse.

:falcon:
Ally
Reflex (is he still using Falcon?)
Stroumbert
lordhelmet
Mlorenzo (only under me because I haven't seen anything recent)

As for an updated North America. I'm having trouble of thinking of other Falcons who actually use him in tourney (ever).

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'm sorry to say this guys but finals are catching up to me and I need to study, I'll try to get around to this sometime after things calm down :/

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Who is this "Tree" Sheik player? Never heard of him.

Didnt know Billy picked up Sheik again thought he was maining Snake.

Tutu, Judo, and Scary are all quality players in good areas and should be 1,2,3 in no particular order

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Everytime I watch a K Prme vid he's getting beat by Falcos and Sheiks lol.

Yea Tree's pretty good.

DRN

Smash Lord
Who is this "Tree" Sheik player? Never heard of him.

Didnt know Billy picked up Sheik again thought he was maining Snake.

Tutu, Judo, and Scary are all quality players in good areas and should be 1,2,3 in no particular order
Billy has been playing solo sheik again for more then half a year now. Hes been doing very well too. Second in AL atm

Judo and ed should both be above me for sure. Tree is also really good, and so is Billy.

Imo the list shoudl go

Judo (logic, AZ, and Kain are stronger wins than Ed has imo)
Ed
3/4/5 Billy, Tree, Tutu, in no particular order. I think were all around the same skill level but since none of us really attend the same tournaments, there isn't a good way to decide between the 3 of us who is better etc.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Judo and ed should both be above me for sure. Tree is also really good, and so is Billy.

Imo the list shoudl go

Judo (logic, AZ, and Kain are stronger wins than Ed has imo)
Ed
3/4/5 Billy, Tree, Tutu, in no particular order. I think were all around the same skill level but since none of us really attend the same tournaments, there isn't a good way to decide between the 3 of us who is better etc.
I'm cool with this 100%.

Billy beat DRN and DRN beat Ed. Billy best Sheik :troll:
Not cool.....:awesome:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Mars should be Top 5 Sheik so I feel better about losing to him.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Wolf-

#5-Holms is retired and uses smashboards to chat everyonce in a while. He is still PRed in Kansas though.
#4-.AC. doesn't play Wolf anymore from what I have read and seen
#3-VvV Choice hasn't been on the boards in forever and I haven't seen any results from him in tournament when I try and look up :wolf:

Not that I have any ulterior motives or anything...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Can I make a stance to go for top 5 Yoshi? Ive taken top 4 in all the tournaments in my area for a long time, and, while due to my money problem I cant travel often, those who I have played when OoS can vouch for me that Im pretty good.

Tbh, I really dont have any big names under my belt due to my lack of traveling (Ive beaten __X__ multiple times if that counts), but Ive had close sets with people like:
SK92
Krystadez
Trevonte
FOW
Seibrik
etc

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
There's a distinct difference between Close sets and actually Beating the person.
If it happened, Going 1-1 in a set against say, Gnes. And we're both on last stock last hit. Even if he wins there's no point going around the boards and saying "Hay, I almost beat Gnes that's good enough to be ranked higher on X PR, Right!?"

It's either I won the Match or You lose. Simple.

Also, X has been playing a bit poorly recently anyways.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have been beating X for over a year now, just not consistently until around 4 or so months ago.

And yes, Close =/= Win, I never said that, but being able to make a game close still shows that you can hold your ground against said person.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If you lost the first time, that obviously means they started doing everything right in the 2nd/3rd match to steal the win.
Which means the next time you play them, they'll do almost the exact same tactic to win.

Besides, Like the Trevonte incident a few weeks back in the Tournament Results thread, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the people namesearched here and exposed you again.

Edit: It was the Tournament Results thread.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lol, I dont care if people namesearch here, that'll just help my cause if anything. And Trevonte got mixed up, he didnt even remember multiple things from that tournament. We played 3 times and he couldnt even recall a single incident. We played in Singles Pools, a Money Match, and in Doubles Pools. Im pretty sure Choice (dat namesearch bait, if he does actually namesearch) might remember our Doubles match, as he was Trevonte's team mate, and even he could prob vouch for me on my skill a bit, even though we barely played (he called me 'Dat Yoshi With Wings' after the doubles match haha)

EDIT: Why are you trying to bash me though? lol, what did I ever do to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom