• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
As far as people that actually PLAY puff whatsoever in tourney, or MM's i see:

Me,
Puffster
Kaptain'
San
Zigsta

I've only heard of Z-dawg using him in MM's.
San the same.

Wango never ****ing plays anymore.
Exegg dropped puff for D3.

IMO,
1st: Puffster
2: Mink.
3: Kaptain

If you would like to include people that use puff in MM's, then you can include San and Zigsta, but honestly speaking, no one else uses her.
Yeah, I've only been using him in MMs. I'm gonna start CPing Jiggs on people.

For PT, top 3 is solid. I've played them all and strongly feel that's the right order. I'm not sure how Aposl has been doing in tournaments, but he deserves at least the 4 spot. Steeler doesn't play, and I haven't seen anything from BlazingKatakiri in a long time. I'd put CoonTail at 5 instead.

Also I'd swap me and Limit for Bowser because Limit hasn't been able to go to tournaments in a long time, and I'm the only active tournament-attending Bowser in America. KingKong's got better wins, so I'm cool with him having the 1 spot.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
CoonTail mentioned a Pokemon Trainer ranking list, is there one somewhere? That might be helpful to consult as well regarding the bottom two positions.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
CoonTail mentioned a Pokemon Trainer ranking list, is there one somewhere? That might be helpful to consult as well regarding the bottom two positions.
It's on the PT boards but in my opinion isn't reliable because most of the PTs on the boards are under the assumption that T-block doesn't main PT and mains Diddy instead.

He went 100% PT at Genesis 2 this summer and beat Zex, who placed really, really high. Marth is also a stupid hard MU for PT. That accomplishment alone is better than any other accomplishment any active PT has made recently.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I already know T-Block hardcore mains PT, I played him in friendlies, so thats cool. You know though!!

I see you're in charge of the thread. I was under the impression they had their own listing. I guess we'll just keep it cool for now.
--------

(changes might take a bit to work on fellas because I want to clear this up a bit and do some research on players a bit too. dont want to be uninformed! ^^)

C.J.

Smash Master
Roy_R says hi.

================================================

There's 8 really good Marth players in NAFTA.

Mikehaze
Kadaj
Neo
MintyFlesh
Zex
Chaz
Pierce
KillLock (though he uses ALOT of snake and mk)

After Mike, it'd be very difficult to match 2-5. Prolly have to pull up all of their results in 2011 just to even start lol.

Tyrant supposedly is Mikehaze level with his marth, but he's still an MK main.
Roy R was the original "Wow, Marth is fairly good, cool!" Neo was still the first "best Marth"
=p

While I don't have actual evidence to back it up (although I guess I could go find resuts, well, if I weren't super lazy), imo the top 5 Marths are (including Tyrant):

Mike
Tyrant
Zex
NEO
Kadaj
[Pierce (although I think he quit)/Killock if you don't want to count Tyrant]

Nike.

Smash Hero
I should quote your post in the Houston thread lol.

You think Zex is better than Neo and Kadaj?
Not that I disagree, but just curious overall.
Tyrant I firmly should stick to the MK list only cuz his Marth is a secondary at best.

Pierce actually quit? :(

Nike.

Smash Hero
I still can't believe that a random marth main from the west coast decided to make his tag Roy_R -_-

EDT: Btw, it's not the same guy from the Roy_R in TX.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Let's update the Peach list:

1) Illmatic
2) Nicole
3) Silly Kyle
4) Razmakazi
5) Kyon
What this guy said...

And I noticed that a lot of the list need tweaking. They're kinda outdated now. Marth should be like:

1) MikeHaze
2) Zex
3) NEO
4) Kadaj
5) Mintyflesh/Pierce7d

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Magik is still the best PT.

Denti > Logic. Denti's beaten Trela twice, Dakpo, Espy, Zac, K Prime, Jerm, and X, just off of the top of my head.

K Prime needs to go way up.

DRN

Smash Lord
BigLou>lie on diddy, I may even be above lie as I hear he is using mostly MK now and I have wins over Stinger's ROB (2-0ed twice) where he lost to him and win over DRN's ZSS who he also lost to, but I'm not sure on this atm. I'm also really unsure about Felix as he is an amazing diddy, but only stays in WA and consistently places 2nd below jem.

DRN on the ZSS somewhere? I don't keep up to date with all the other ZSS's, but pretty sure his wins are better than most of them. He's beaten kismet twice, Lie, Dr. PP, and some other notable people.
This for Biglou and I. Possibly P-1 too. I'm hesitant to support reflex on the list because of his actual activity as CF. I mean in skill he'd def be top 5.

I'm actually really curious on the other zss player's results as to why they are where they are.

@Reizilla- What has Magik done that is better then Reflex? Just wondering

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I honestly didn't even think Big Lou is top 5 Diddy material to begin with... But that's just me. There probably aren't other better Diddys anyway.

As far as the rest of the list is concerned, DK, Olimar, ZSS, Pikachu, and ICs really need a revamp as the others have said. As far as Falco is concerned, I would take off Arty for Keitaro.

Reizilla

Magik is A-tier in TX, which is better than any other PT could do.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Magik is A tier with MK and never travels.

GET THAT WEAK STUFF OUT.

:phone:

Cassio

Smash Master
I would hold of on pika just because theres a lot of fluctuation at the moment. I dont know the next big tournament k prime will attend but itll be good to wait at least until then as he could rise one or two spots depending.

Reizilla

K Prime needs to rise at least 2. 3 if people finally hop off Anther's retired nuts.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
updates will come, not sure if tonight yet or not cuz I want to make sure I review all the potential changes and the changes demanded for sure (like Olimar)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Ignore that all the tiers are B-tier, this is just for visual aid so you guys can see what I'm changing up. Trying to only change what's neccessary.

B TIER |:marth: Marth
1st
|MikeHaze <-MikeHaze 2nd |Zex <-Zex 3rd |Kadaj <-Havok 4th |Neo <-Kadaj 5th |Minty <-Pierce

Notes: Only changed things here based on the ideas that: Havok doesnt use marth much anymore, Neo wasn't on the list and belongs because he still has great wins/results, and Pierce "quit", at least that's whats been said. CORRECT IF WRONG.

B TIER |:peach: Peach
1st
|Illmatic <-Illmatic 2nd |Nicole <-Silly Kyle 3rd |Silly Kyle <-Mikey Lenetia 4th |Mikey Lenetia <-Nicole 5th |Kyon <-Kyon

Notes: I'm not ready to remove Mikey from top 5 completely, considering he used to be 3rd. I need more evidence before I put up Ramakazi on and remove Mikey. I don't exactly know all of his wins/losses that put him on there, but I do know him as a great peach player having played him personally, and there must have been some reason he was on there in the first place.

In the next update I will address this. Kyon, Ramakazi, and Mikey's results basically as of recent would be nice to compare.

B TIER |:pikachu2: Pikachu
1st
|ESAM <-ESAM 2nd |Kprime <-Anther 3rd |Anther <-PikaPika 4th |PikaPika <-Z 5th |Z <-Kprime

Moved Kprime up as per request of several users, and from my own knowledge Kprime is like the original pika to me, but this change can be on hold for now until I can decide later tomorrow if moving Kprime that far up is neccessary. Any input here is appreciated.

B TIER |:olimar: Olimar
1st
|Rich Brown <-Rich Brown 2nd |Dabuz <-Logic 3rd |Denti <-Dabuz 4th |Logic <-Denti 5th |Anuar <-Anuar

Undisputed, RB>=Dabuz>>Denti>Logic>Anuar

B TIER |:lucario: Lucario
1st
|Junebug <-Junebug 2nd |Trela <-Trela 3rd |Fonz <-Zucco 4th |D.Disciple <-Lee Martin 5th |Pitbull <-Fonz

Dropped Zucco/Lee for inactivity, bumped Fonz up to third, Added DD and Pitbull. Lucario scene is in a lull, lol.

B TIER |:popo: Ice Climbers
1st
|Vinnie <-Lain 2nd |Lain <-Hylian 3rd |ESAM <-Smoom 4th |Smoom <-Cheese 5th |Cheese <-Ally

Wasn't quite sure of ESAM's accomplishments, but I did throw him in here just smack in the middle, plus he's a secondary, not a main. Ally drops off in reaction to that, and so does Hylian (I've heard he quit, and he's not been doing as well lately) If this isn't a good decision it can be changed. I think I will go through with it for now.

B TIER |:gw: Game & Watch
1st
|Vinnie <-Vinnie 2nd |Alphicans <-UTDZac 3rd |UTDZac <-GIMR 4th |Vex <-PentaSalad 5th |GIMR <-Vex

I'm not prepared to remove GIMR (NOT BECAUSE OF REGIONAL BIAS, JUST LET YOU GUYS KNOW THAT...), considered he was third at the time I came in, and it's only fair to compare the results of his winnings with GW in singles versus the results of Blacka's winnings as a doubles player FIRST before we choose something, plus this makes one important thing arise; how do we rank players with only doubles results???????

B TIER |:yoshi2: Yoshi
1st
|Delta-Cod <-Delta-Cod 2nd |Poltergust <-Poltergust 3rd |HadesBlade <-Firefly 4th |Firefly <-HadesBlade 5th |Sinister Slush <-Sinister Slush

Yoshis said. I'm not sure if Delta > Polt, might be brought up ^^

B TIER |:pt: Pokemon Trainer
1st
|TheReflexWonder <-TheReflexWonder 2nd |T-Block <-T-Block 3rd |Mata <-Mata 4th |BlazingKatakiri <-BlazingKatakiri 5th |CoonTail <-Steeler

Pokemon Trainers have returned Steeler, and send out CoonTail! COONTAIL! USE TAIL WHIP! :awesome:

B TIER |:jigglypuff: Jigglypuff
1st
|Dapuffster <-Dapuffster 2nd |Rainbow Mink <-Wango 3rd |Kaptain <-Rainbow Mink 4th |San <-Exegg 5th |Zigsta <-Kaptain
Exegg dropped jiggs for Dedede, and Wango doesn't play much anymore at all.
All according to Mink >_>
Mink! <3

B TIER |:diddy: Diddy Kong
1st
|ADHD <-ADHD 2nd |Gnes <-Gnes 3rd |Felix <-Felix 4th |BigLou <-Lie 5th |Lie <-BigLou

Issues to address:
Diddy, we need to figure out if Player-1 should replace Lie or not.
Snake, moving Havok into Top 3, remove one snake, and accuracy of the order.
Ganon, moving Vex into top 5, who should be removed
Sonic, compare X and Espy directly
Wario, address why Ally doesn't have top 5
Donkey Kong, any ideas about cable and dr g's placing
ZSS, DRN going somewhere? Decide who to replace.
Falco, Tyrant? Pelca, where go, what do, who replaced/dropped/etc..? RESULTS / proof?
Marth, Tyrant? where go, what do, who replaced/dropped/etc? RESULTS / proof?

These changes are up in here for now this time, next time I will discuss changes differently depending on how you guys react to this list. If you guys are really predictably messy with your responses or don't have results to back things up I'll just quietly change things from now on after discussing it privately with users and on my own. I don't want to waste my time reading 30 posts or so when I sse this thread tomorrow if none of them contribute at all :) (not saying you guys cant have fun though)...

Anyways, these changes will be made tomorrow unless something urgent arises where we need to fix something on here. IN OTHER WORDS THESE ARENT IN STONE YET. I gotta do some special imagery/graphics tomorrow before I actually update the list, so have at it.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
B TIER |:yoshi2: Yoshi
1st
|Delta-Cod <-Delta-Cod 2nd |Poltergust <-Poltergust 3rd |HadesBlade <-Firefly 4th |Firefly <-HadesBlade 5th |Sinister Slush <-Sinister Slush

Yoshis said. I'm not sure if Delta > Polt, might be brought up ^^
I'll make some big post later today (By editing this), it'll also give me a chance to update my TR thread.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'd still replace Katakirir with Aposl, Krys. It's generally agreed on the PT boards that Aposl is better than CoonTail.

Also after playing both Espy and X, it's my personally opinion that Espy is better, but it's close. They're both really good players. I haven't been keeping up with X's most recent results, though.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Just a general question: What do people think the skill comparison is between Judo and Ed's Sheik's?

I'll admit that I think Judo might be a little better, but it's hard to deny that Ed doesn't play in a better region. Not sure how that parallel affects things.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
Magik is still the best PT.

Denti > Logic. Denti's beaten Trela twice, Dakpo, Espy, Zac, K Prime, Jerm, and X, just off of the top of my head.

K Prime needs to go way up.
someone doesn't know my results :)
luckily idc about this thread since saying one person is above another does nothing for one's future results

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I'd still replace Katakirir with Aposl, Krys. It's generally agreed on the PT boards that Aposl is better than CoonTail.

Also after playing both Espy and X, it's my personally opinion that Espy is better, but it's close. They're both really good players. I haven't been keeping up with X's most recent results, though.

While Katakiri needs to be removed for Aposl, Zigsta since when did it become generally agreed that Aposl is better than me. No salt I just didn't see a player discussion anywhere recently on the boards, let alone one that your conducting so when did this happen out of curiosity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom