• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
:lucario:
Junebug, Trela, Zucco, Lee Martin, Fonz
->D. Disciple, Pitbull

I have NO idea who Pitbull is. And as far as D. Disciple goes, how does he fare in tournaments lately?

Lucario discussion is fun so we can do it. I only have played Trela and Fonz I think.

:popo:
ICS: Lain, Hylian, Smoom, Cheese, Ally
-> ESAM, Vinnie

ESAM has a good ICs I heard but I know little of them results wise. Has he done anything notable with them compared to Ally? Same with you, Vinnie. You'd have to replace at least one "main" from the list. What accomplishments do you or ESAM have in comparison to the top 4?

:gw:
GW: Vinnie, UTDZ GIMR, PentaSalad, Vex
->Alphicans, Blackanese

Vex is already on there... GIMR and UTDZ are under my understanding to be very good to stay, I've played both of them, but if I had to say, UTD is better... but GIMR is just... really good with GW, I don't know if he could drop or not because I don't know his results really.

I have no clue about Penta.

Would it be better to have it:

Vinnie, UTDZ, GIMR, Alphicans, Vex? If we had Blackanese, someone would have to be replaced.

:olimar:
Olimar: Rich Brown, Logic, Dabuz, Denti, Anuar
Move Dabuz above Logic. How about Denti moving up?

I've played Dabuz numerous times on wifi and know his capabilities but I don't know about his results. You can puke all you want, I need to know what results Dabuz has taken, unless you want me to go look for it myself. I expect great things from what I will see though so it's not like I'm against it.

I've played Logic and Denti, and I have to ask, does Denti have any accomplishments superseding those of Logic? I actually MM'd them both, and I feel like Denti is a better player, but Logic has more match up knowledge.
I timed out Denti lololol
. They were both 2-1. 5 dollars.

EDIT: I'm going to eat now, I expect some mass-****-stormin' over my lack of knowledge, people, get to it! XP j/k, but yea later.

EDIT2:

:snake:

What do Colonel? WHAT DO!?

EDIT3:

I SEE YOU SPARTA KICK YOU MAKE ME SO ANGRY BEATING MY PIT >=(... What have you done recently? ^^

Vinnie

Smash Master
:popo:
ICS: Lain, Hylian, Smoom, Cheese, Ally
-> ESAM, Vinnie

ESAM has a good ICs I heard but I know little of them results wise. Has he done anything notable with them compared to Ally? Same with you, Vinnie. You'd have to replace at least one "main" from the list. What accomplishments do you or ESAM have in comparison to the top 4?
ESAM doesn't have as many accomplishments as mine, but we're both on the same level. His most notable accomplishment is 3 stocking M2K at Genesis 2. He thinks we have the two best ICs. I went mostly/all ICs in my past 5-6 tournaments, I consider them my main now. I won two locals in Dallas (beating Denti and UTD Zac), I've used them to beat every notable Olimar in the country that I've played (Rich/Dabuz/Denti/Logic at least once each), and I used them to beat Razer once, game 3 (he's 2-1 with me this year though). I also used them in one match to beat ESAM (in a ditto), two matches out of three in WF to beat redhalberd, took two sets off Shugo this year using them, and my most recent big win with them is Fatal, at KTAR6 (where I got 4th/128 going mostly ICs).

edit: Oh, I forgot, I beat Poltergust with ICs one match, that's probably kind of notable considering the MU is evenish and he's beaten Lain twice.

:gw:
GW: Vinnie, UTDZ GIMR, PentaSalad, Vex
->Alphicans, Blackanese

Vex is already on there... GIMR and UTDZ are under my understanding to be very good to stay, I've played both of them, but if I had to say, UTD is better... but GIMR is just... really good with GW, I don't know if he could drop or not because I don't know his results really.

I have no clue about Penta.

Would it be better to have it:

Vinnie, UTDZ, GIMR, Alphicans, Vex? If we had Blackanese, someone would have to be replaced.
1. Vinnie
2. Alphicans. He's been pulling results and winning nearly every tournament he has entered lately... and UTD Zac hasn't done anything in ages.
3. UTD Zac
4. Vex
5. Blackanese (he was part of the only team to ever beat ANTi/M2k, and his doubles results in general are great. He isn't higher because he doesn't enter singles)

:olimar:
Olimar: Rich Brown, Logic, Dabuz, Denti, Anuar
Move Dabuz above Logic. How about Denti moving up?

I've played Dabuz numerous times on wifi and know his capabilities but I don't know about his results. You can puke all you want, I need to know what results Dabuz has taken, unless you want me to go look for it myself. I expect great things from what I will see though so it's not like I'm against it.

I've played Logic and Denti, and I have to ask, does Denti have any accomplishments superseding those of Logic? I actually MM'd them both, and I feel like Denti is a better player, but Logic has more match up knowledge.
I timed out Denti lololol
. They were both 2-1. 5 dollars.
1. Rich / Dabuz, I'd probably say Dabuz but only because I'm biased, lol. He's 3 stocked ADHD's Diddy before, man. However, Rich DID recently beat DEHF... who is probably considered the best player (or one of the best players) vs Olimar in the country.
3. Denti - He consistently wins the Dallas locals he attends, he placed 4th/50ish iirc at HOBO33, only losing to Gnes and I. He double 2 stocked Trela iirc.
4. Logic - He wins tourneys in regions that don't really matter and I don't remember the last time he did something that was "WOW"-worthy. He's good but I feel like he could be doing better.
5. Anuar - He doesn't attend much afaik, and he usually falls short of doing amazing things, but I DO know that he beat Gnes in round 2 pools, which is really impressive because Gnes is gdlk.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
ppl think that Pitbull is a top 5 lucario? Ahh thank goodness, that makes things a lot better lol.

@Krystedez: hes an amazing Lucario in So Cal. Taught by Stauffy. He has solid results in our region.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Krys I'll help with things when I have spare time. Though the first change is I'm clearly better than that deltacod guy. He thinks we go even with marth :troll:
Polt still 1st for Yoshi.

3-5th can literally be juggled around since All three of us don't attend much nationals and only do good in our own region.
If anything hadesblade 3rd for now Firefly 4th.

Exce L

Smash Apprentice
Um, Krystedez why are you questioning whether Dabuz is above Logic or ... Vinnie being a top 5 Ice Climber?

It's like well known fact lol.

I understand you're trying to make it professional.. but they shouldn't really have to state all these things they've done when they are on that caliber of play.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
X> Espy results wise. KPrime is placed as 5th? Shouldnt that be changed? Also isnt Pelca Falco worthy of being top 5?

i also think that Tyrant should be placed in top 5 Marth (wheres Neo) AND Falco imo. Given who he beats with those characters.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
What has wango done for puff.

I think its about time that Mink gets moved up to #2 spot.

He is the one helping with the BBR Match up chart.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Why am I sensing so much region bias.
yeah i have bias but if it was not ture you would not see me in here.

When Xaltis was put above arty for the falcos i did not agree with that and i have never met arty once and xaltis is my dawg.

I check results posted every week i have seen mink place well in locals with puff. I have not see any of wangos results in quite some time.

i am not saying wango is bad. I just think that right now Mink is better

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Actually...going to Verizon to fix my phone.. god damn it.

Um, Krystedez why are you questioning whether Dabuz is above Logic or ... Vinnie being a top 5 Ice Climber?

It's like well known fact lol.

I understand you're trying to make it professional.. but they shouldn't really have to state all these things they've done when they are on that caliber of play.
The only reason I'm questioning it is because the list was the way it was. If it was like, empty, then yea I'd do it immediately. There must have been SOME reason Dabuz was above Logic (lol), or vinnie wasnt on the list. That's why I'm treating them the same I will treat everyone else ^^

I like the explanation though, and if it's unanimous, it's unanimous. I'll probably make my first set of changes (which there should be) tonight before bed. ALSO big thing why I'm doing this is so I know WHO must DROP!

Also, I think I played Vinnie's GW at SiiS4 or 5, I could be wrong, doubles wasnt it?

X> Espy results wise. KPrime is placed as 5th? Shouldnt that be changed? Also isnt Pelca Falco worthy of being top 5?

i also think that Tyrant should be placed in top 5 Marth (wheres Neo) AND Falco imo. Given who he beats with those characters.
Who has he beat? (Tyrant)? I want to know ^^

Kprime I don't know how far he should move up, dependent on comparing results.

Pelca I've heard of but I don't know of all his accomplishments to make that call.

Who is Neo? I'm bad I know. v_v

@mink-jiggs stuff, I sense the jiggs pride. I might go directly to the character boards for that, posting reuslts would be nice.

C.J.

Smash Master
Coney, I love you.

@ Krys- Tyrant's Marth is almost on Mike's level and his Falco is probably right around SK's. I couldn't tell you results, but I've seen it first hand and played all three of them. I realize it's just anecdotal evidence so feel free to ignore it.

Neo is the original "best Marth".

Coney

Smash Master
also i usually just post an image and leave it at that but i like krystedez so:

NEO is the original "best marth" like CJ said. it was him and mike for a while, but NEO dropped off to pursue his music career. he's the dude that made "metaknight da bess" and "pound 5'in it," btw

he is pretty much inactive, except he'll randomly come back and do well. well enough to be ranked in my region, anyway. he's 5th above people like seagull, GIMR and...me!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Coney, If you had linked that image to this http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Smasher:Neo

I would have ****ing baw'd

anyways thanks, I know who he is now, I just couldnt tell by the name, no wonder, all the good players from Melee have that three-letter-name stuff.

So if Neo is mikeHaze level, I'll throw that into consideration.

Tyrant being a new person to me far as using Marth goes I wouldn't know a lot, but I will ask anyone that wants him on there should investigate it for me.

EDIT: Who Tyrant gunna main after the ban anyways? Like 100 percent main.

Coney

Smash Master
So if Neo is mikeHaze level, I'll throw that into consideration.
wellllllll not anymore

i mean mike is def the best marth, no contest there, but neo is probably 2nd. the thing is, he very rarely comes to anything and just relies on his smarts when he does. so take his inactivity into account as well (like utdzac, i guess)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Wait UTDZ's been inactive?

And okay that makes sense, see, I only know about current players that are active really.

If he's inactive, and other players are taking names still like he does occasionally, I'd have to put them first.

But not enough people main marth :)

IF Neo were to put anywhere in the top 5, who would be replaced? and I'd put Tyrant on there if he starts getting results and wins and actually mains him too (though that's less important, so)...

@miles this isn't AiB. :( I would give you one tho.

Neon!

Smash Lord
UTD Zac attended a tx local about a month and a half ago, he doesnt play much anymore but I saw him twice this summer. His GW is on the same level as vinnies but he doesnt use any other characters to manipulate his opponents counter picks. imo he's still the best solo GW main but I'm fine with him being 2nd.

I've played both Denti and Logic and agree that Denti is better, he plays much safer/smarter in my opinion.

Cable is better than Dr. G but Dr. G has much better results recently and Cable is still nearly inactive.

Exce L

Smash Apprentice
Btw, just a question, do I get a badge or some **** for starting such an amazing thread? lolol
LMAO go back to aib

UTD Zac attended a tx local about a month and a half ago, he doesnt play much anymore but I saw him twice this summer. His GW is on the same level as vinnies but he doesnt use any other characters to manipulate his opponents counter picks. imo he's still the best solo GW main but I'm fine with him being 2nd.

I've played both Denti and Logic and agree that Denti is better, he plays much safer/smarter in my opinion.

Cable is better than Dr. G but Dr. G has much better results recently and Cable is still nearly inactive.
Lots of region bias here.

Denti vs Logic is arguable, but Vinnie > UTD Zac.
plus, you've played Vinnie like once or twice in your entire life.. how are you gonna say who's better lmao

Vinnie is #1 or #2 IC too, btw. Results prove that.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
What Jtails? I don't wish to ignore your complaint, so what is it?

I'm all ears

@region bias

I dont look at your guys' locations unless you specify it, so I don't intend on acting on things unless it's apparent that a player has the accomplishments. I like that Neon was honest.

I'm not acting on Logic v Denti until it's proven ones accomplishments are better than the other. It was just a thought.

From what I've played against Vinnie in doubles his GW is something wild. UTDZ on the other hand has a crazy aggro GW I never seen before. Still, I lost on Green Greens for the 2-1. Really close match.

@KT

Goin afk for a bit, fun thread lol.

Neon!

Smash Lord
I agree with vinnie being top 2 IC, he's by far the hardest I've played. I also agree with him being the top GW.

I'm not the only one saying Denti is better than logic, I would say it also if Denti was from another region.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Reflex #1 CF
BigLou>lie on diddy, I may even be above lie as I hear he is using mostly MK now and I have wins over Stinger's ROB (2-0ed twice) where he lost to him and win over DRN's ZSS who he also lost to, but I'm not sure on this atm. I'm also really unsure about Felix as he is an amazing diddy, but only stays in WA and consistently places 2nd below jem.
Luckay on the pit list maybe?
Nicole 1/2 peach
DRN on the ZSS somewhere? I don't keep up to date with all the other ZSS's, but pretty sure his wins are better than most of them. He's beaten kismet twice, Lie, Dr. PP, and some other notable people.
Zekey should be on DDD list, possibly even 4god, but 4god has only been to two recent tournaments so I'm not sure if he should be on it yet. He's beaten BigLou, Dr. PP, Micaelis, Reflex, Mc P, and other notable people, maybe if he keeps it up?
Aposl has 2nd best PT

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
2. Alphicans. He's been pulling results and winning nearly every tournament he has entered lately... and UTD Zac hasn't done anything in ages.
This should say "nearly winning every tournament he has entered lately". =P He has consistently placed 2nd at the locals and regionals he has attended lately; the results thread for the last regional he attended can be found here (he lost to Felix twice to place 2nd), and his locals have him placing 2nd to KillLock more recently (though they have a long history of going back and forth, and Alphicans beat him at the regional I linked above). The most recent Alberta monthly results can be found here.

As an aside, I would expect that with the upcoming MK ban, Alphicans would be winning locals more consistently, because as far as I can tell, KillLock has been using MK lately to beat him. It's hard to say though, because they each have 2-3 characters they can use well, and their sets often become CP battles.

Polt still 1st for Yoshi.

3-5th can literally be juggled around since All three of us don't attend much nationals and only do good in our own region.
If anything hadesblade 3rd for now Firefly 4th.
*shuns for misuse of "literally"*

Really though, I'd agree to placing Hades above me. Though I did win a tournament in Nova Scotia recently, my more recent results in my home region have been slipping (lol13th @ the regional I linked to above), and I don't have a lot of good wins to show for my activity as of late. Hades had a comparable placement at SiiS 6, which featured a lot more notable names and more than twice as many entrants as my regional, and though he didn't make any head-turning upsets in bracket, a side-by-side comparison of the two tournaments seems to me to imply that he plays at a higher level than I do. I don't know if this is really enough to make any changes to the existing list, but there's nothing really keeping me above him at this point (aside from my tournament win in Nova Scotia, which is iffy at best seeing how they are an isolated region with no previous Yoshi experience, giving me a huge inherent advantage). We were basically interchangeable for 3rd and 4th when the list was last updated anyway.

:005:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Neo is the original "best Marth".
Roy_R says hi.

================================================

There's 8 really good Marth players in NAFTA.

Mikehaze
Kadaj
Neo
MintyFlesh
Zex
Chaz
Pierce
KillLock (though he uses ALOT of snake and mk)

After Mike, it'd be very difficult to match 2-5. Prolly have to pull up all of their results in 2011 just to even start lol.

Tyrant supposedly is Mikehaze level with his marth, but he's still an MK main.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Concentrate

Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated Xivk and jokaru
Defeated Bleachigo
Defeated juice.Fatal
Lost to ADHD

Losers' bracket
Defeated Bizkit
Defeated juice.Fatal
Defeated juice.Ally
Defeated ADHD
Lost to ADHD

Overall placing: 2/42

LIRR

Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated vVv Chibosempai
Lost to ADHD

Losers' bracket
Defeated Bloodcross
Defeated Vinnie
Lost to Nairo

Overall placing: 5/24 (including the pools at LIRR, it was actually 52 entrants)

Clash of the titans 5

Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated Seagull
Defeated Vex Kasrani
Lost to Ally

Losers' bracket
Defeated ADHD
Defeated Shugo
Defeated Atomsk
Lost to Mew2King

Overall placing: 4/48 (Including the pools, it was 92 entrants)

PnT - Plainview, NY (9-24-11)
15 entrants

1: Dabuz ($90)
2: John12346 ($30)
3: Raptor ($20)
4: LuigiSama
5: JpIsCrazy
5: Silver Sonic
7: BlackJack (BMO)
7: Jairo
9: Queso
9: SGTW
9: Dark Marth
9: Nuke
13: Chaos
13: TJXtreme
13: Pikachu

Ktar 6

Winners' bracket
Defeated Nathan
Defeated Shadowfiend
Defeated Will
Lost to Vinnie

Losers' bracket
Defeated Neo
Defeated Logic
Lost to Atomsk

Overall placing: 9/128

Ktar 5

Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated NOID
Defeated Bloodcross
Defeated Nakat
Lost to ADHD

Losers' bracket
Defeated Logic
Defeated Junebug
Lost to Mew2king

Overall placing: 5/116

Also, note the only reason logic was initially placed above me was because i was inactive for a 3 months period. Also, besides beating DEHF, RB has not done anything notable and has been inactive.

The reason no valuable discussion has happened is because no one even argues against me being better than logic, and if you look through the threads recent posts, more people say I should be above RB than saying RB should be above me.

BTW, funny thing, i outplace logic at everything we both go to, and although my region is arguably the hardest in america, I consistently take top 5.

Edit: Denti above logic IMO, the kid plays in a tough region and manages to place well, logic kinda only places...in his region which isn't notable except for junebug, and coney if he comes back to brawl

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
What has wango done for puff.

I think its about time that Mink gets moved up to #2 spot.

He is the one helping with the BBR Match up chart.
Finally!

Why am I sensing so much region bias.
:glare:

yeah i have bias but if it was not ture you would not see me in here.

When Xaltis was put above arty for the falcos i did not agree with that and i have never met arty once and xaltis is my dawg.

I check results posted every week i have seen mink place well in locals with puff. I have not see any of wangos results in quite some time.

i am not saying wango is bad. I just think that right now Mink is better
As far as people that actually PLAY puff whatsoever in tourney, or MM's i see:

Me,
Puffster
Kaptain'
San
Zigsta

I've only heard of Z-dawg using him in MM's.
San the same.

Wango never ****ing plays anymore.
Exegg dropped puff for D3.

IMO,
1st: Puffster
2: Mink.
3: Kaptain

If you would like to include people that use puff in MM's, then you can include San and Zigsta, but honestly speaking, no one else uses her.

Cassio

Smash Master
Rich got 7th at Genesis, and I believe was the highest placing non-mk or diddy. He may not play as often but that was certainly a strong stamp to put on his top US olimar card.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Alright convincing placements and arguments, if something happens that makes all of that not as good as something logic has done i'll be surprised.

I'll be making an update later tonight, if anyone wants to contribute something else, go right ahead, I'll try to fact check things if I can but far as I can tell the main changes will be Olimar, Puff, PT... Some other small changes might occur, since they've been brought up (ones like Yoshi or others where things are admitted to being wrong due to obvious activity)

also Im going through all the posts to make note of things that were defended/argued for just as of my recent arrival, so if I forgot your character or something in this post, relax, I'll be making regular updates and if this one doesnt change something you wanted it wont be the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom