• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Also Zig, no one questions T-Block thats why he should stay second, but didn't he lose to Zex as PT so he went diddy to win the set? I thought that's what T said but I could have been wrong. Either way he beat Zex so thats awesome but I don't think he did it with PT.
T-block went Diddy game 1, won that match, then switched to PT on Zex's CP for game 2 and won there. He lost a tiebreaker set afterwards though.

:005:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
BigLou claims Luigi is like F tier and loses to like 90% of the cast so...yeah I doubt it lolz.
that's ********, the only reason luigi moves down in the tier list is because of mindsets like that.

I bet he can still make luigi rise if MK is gone I have faith in him. I am so in agreement with Player-1's signature LOL. (even though I trolled/timed him out on norfair :awesome: )

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
hmmmmm stingers. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Maybe that should be our next discussion ^^ If you post results or have other people vouch for it, IT WILL COME

(click me darn it...)

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
discussion isn't needed, i just enjoy enlightening people. w/e the list actually says doesn't matter to me :D
also enlightening points, dabuz only plays in state. rich had gone to 3 oos events... ***** mlg, got wrecked at whobo, and did ok at genisis

unfortunately we played a mm :l my tourny performance (what counts) is very different from pools/mm play unfortunately.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Well just as a reminder this is how I'm adjusting people according to. In order from most important to least important.

EDIT: Clarification on Tournament Wins...

1. Tournament Win (1-5) Global
  2. Tournament Win (1-5) International
  3. Tournament Win (1-5) National
  4. Individual Bracket Wins
  5. Tournament Win (1-5) Regional
  6. Tournament Win (1-5) Local
  7. Tournament Loss (Bottom 20%) Local
  8. Tournament Loss (Bottom 20%) Regional
  9. Individual Bracket Losses
  10. Tournament Loss (Bottom 20%) National
  11. Tournament Loss (Bottom 20%) International
  12. Tournament Loss (Bottom 20%) Global
  13. Consistency in Placement
  14. Activity

More subjective areas:

• Discussion over skill/playstyle
  • Overall Community Influence/Impact(How have they effected the X Character Metagame)

If you have tournament wins from a 2008 national for example, out of 120 people, that's about as important as dog poo, unless no one else is doing work for that character and you basically defined the metagame. This would be a combination of Number 3., and the second bullet point on impact.

If you are winning regional tournaments (top 5 consistently) but taking individual bracket losses up the *** to good players compared to others who have reputable regional tournament wins beating the same or better players... Then your not as good as them ^^ This would be a combination of Number 5, 4, and 9

Also, one thing I'm doing is not essentially STATING my opinion but doing playstyle analysis and experience with players first hand. I will never say "Oh Esam deserves best ICs because I played him and he's awesome and his mindset is golden and he had good mu experience la-dee-dah"... That's not my place to say. I only say straight facts like "oh I lost to Sparta Kick with Pit game 1, went wario game 2 and 3 and beat him, he has the matchup down on both characters, it was 2-1" and thats it. People will take away what they want from that :)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Everything stacks :|

If you should be top 5 Falco . . . That should be addressed d:

Also, only 5 people can in top :3

(man I cant wait to see what you guys think of my idea)

Oh you know I just saw the bias in my top 2 things on winning tournaments. I should indicate that they diminish in value if you are only winning tournaments in your region and thats it :|

Maybe I should make an edit saying "Tournament Wins : Global > International > National > Regional > Local", and put Bracket Wins and Losses in between National and Regional...

stingers

Smash Obsessed
NCSU Smash Rehash Vol. 2 [41 Entrants]
1: Kadaj ($68.00)
1: Peepee ($68.00)
1: Boss ($68.00)
4: Stingers
5: Darkflame
5: Farm1995 (H1N1)
7: Waldorf
7: Korn [Forfeit to Boss]

The Gold Mine 3 [26 Entrants]
1: ESAM ($156.00)
2: Mekos ($78.00)
3: Seagull Man ($26.00)
4: BBQ ft. BBQ (Player-1)
5: Kadaj
5: Stingers
7: H1N1
7: 4GOD

G6:4 [25 Entrants]

1: Logic
2: Reflex
3: DRN
4: Doctor PP
5: Kismet 2
7: Lie
7: Micaelis
9: Mekos
9: SSR
9: Player 1
9: Aposal
13: Stockfield
13: Cory
13: Arch
13: Koozy K
17: Uncle
17: Jayson
17: ShadowAzure
17: Gryph
17: Jreece
17: Four eyes
17: Alex Zellers
17: GQ
25: Ragnarok

thats all my tourneys since june I went ROB at =]

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Hm... maybe I should stop thinking too hard on this XD But in my mind the above list I just updated makes sense.

In this case for Stingers I would compare Chibo's regional performances to Stingers here as of recent. If Chibo doesnt have recent Regional representation... BUT if he has good wins from people, it'd be fun to compare this.

Also if you noticed putting activity on the bottom helps players who have extremely good wins (individual or whole tournaments) in the past year at least to not be bumped off so easily. That's why it's there ^^

stingers

Smash Obsessed
o do low tier tourneys count?
put me on the ganon list my ganon ***** 8D
def better than bloodynite at least LOL

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
put me on the ganon list my ganon ***** 8D
def better than bloodynite at least LOL
Yea here let me just pull out my magical pen and write your name down right this second.

:troll:

Btw, Low-mid tier tournaments should only count if they reach at least 30 entrants, whether it's at a national or regional. AND / OR you get bracket wins from them. Bracket losses will not be taken as seriously with low-mid tourneys, so entering them will not impact you harshly, they will only help you. This will encourage low-mid participation. That's the only solution I got right now (shrugs)...

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
well duuuurrr thats why I'm being a f****t by trolling duuuuuuurrr

its funny cuz I used an mlp picture. :troll:

:troll:ing BigLou everytime I get a chance until he mains Luigi dead center :troll:

@Mink, I havent updated the OP yet, changes were listed a few pages back. They will for the most part go into effect today.

EDIT: AFK, going to class, probably wont mess with SWF until I go to the Mech. En. building to work on my project ... Will update thread then probably.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
NEO is still better than Kadaj.

Something else I was gonna say...

Oh yeah. Doubles shouldn't really count at all. It's completely different.

And Polt is still better than Delta.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
oh yea, i think i beat nakat before also and lie
and mikehaze and tearbear at the last mlg :) just adding to the list
i dn't remember if i played dakpo at whobo, i know i beat him in a mm, but i don't remember if i played him in tourny
oh, and i beat chudat, speed, boss, and pink fresh the last time they were active :)

(just went through your first page and named the players i saw that i beat)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
why should low tier/mid tier tournaments count? To be the top 5 in any of the chars you should atleast use the character in the main event instead of just restricting yourself to side events.
They should count because low/mid tier characters arent used enough.
BUT.

They should only count as the same worth as a MM or pools match, both of which I didn't list yet. I'm finding it troublesome to place them anywhere close to individual bracket wins. IMO, you are playing for money and whether or not you face FOW in mid/low tier tourneys or in main bracket, if you beat that guy... You're effin godly. That's what I think. So mid/low tier bracket individual wins should count the same as at least pools/mms, but not as much as individual bracket wins in main bracket for sure :)

I mean if you guys all disagree with this it can be tweaked. I have so far haven't seen any notable low/mid tier results yet that would further discussion

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
what has Arty done with Falco?(Serious question)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I wasnt trolling about my ganon
I won a low tier tournament 100% ganon =[
hes my fav char lol
I'll get some vids!
cuz all the vids up now of my ganon are old =[

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
soo lets say LowTierMain2011 beats idk your Pit in mid tiers but then realmain2011 beats your Pit in regular singles with the same character as lowtiermain2011.

so from what you're saying realmain2011 > lowtiermain2011 in the placement?

confused here
I think...you somewhat get it. Replace "LowTierMain2011" with "GanonNeverInMainBracket2011" and "realmain2011" with "GanonAlwaysInMainBracket2011".

If GNI beats me
&
If GAI beats me

GAI auto has more priority in boosting his position.

Stingers will NEVER exceed DLA in terms of placement, because he doesn't use Ganon in main bracket like DLA.

Unless...if DLA was booty in main bracket (losing to good players is fine, but losing to scrubs? lolno), and Stingers made actual money with Ganon in low/mid tiers, then we'd consider Stingers better overall.

Finally, the rare case they are ever equal, would be that Stingers mans the !@#$ up gets actually confident in his Ganon and takes the main bracket by storm. DLA in this case being the man that he was, will remain in his 1st place position unless Stinger starts beating people, LOW/MID OR MAIN BRACKET that DLA can't beat.

That is all :)

Edit: lol >implying DLA was first to begin with.

Edit2: Also this is ganon I'm talkin about lol. We'd have to take matchups into account. Like if DLA for the next 5 tournaments ran into nothing but dedede and falco, I'd just like, try to write that off unless the other ganon starts beating those matchups miraculously O_O

Tearbear

Smash Ace
if mk actually gets banned ima shoot for(what I think I can get)

4th spot for falco
4th spot for olimar
4th spot for lucario
5th spot for G&W
5th spot for fox
4th spot for kirby
3rd spot for rob
5th spot for pit
5th spot for luigi
3rd spot for sheik
5th for ness(just cause i dont know who 4th or 5th are)
3rd for PT
3rd for lucas
3rd for mario
2nd for bowser
3rd for samus
5th for jiggly
5th for zelda
3rd for ganon

the rest seem a lil outta my reach atm
i got this

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
NCSU Smash Rehash Vol. 2 [41 Entrants]
1: Kadaj ($68.00)
1: Peepee ($68.00)
1: Boss ($68.00)
4: Stingers
5: Darkflame
5: Farm1995 (H1N1)
7: Waldorf
7: Korn [Forfeit to Boss]

The Gold Mine 3 [26 Entrants]
1: ESAM ($156.00)
2: Mekos ($78.00)
3: Seagull Man ($26.00)
4: BBQ ft. BBQ (Player-1)
5: Kadaj
7: H1N1
7: 4GOD

I'm right behind stingers at this ****. does that make me viable

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It's not a "hey look I did this last weekend" thing, it's a "do your tournament wins stack up to so-and-so on the list already?"

Also I might have to just say that tournament wins are more impactful when accompanied by a strong scene/region or just with overall great players in the bracket along with them.

In Stingers' results, it looks like Kadaj, Boss, Esam, and Seagull Man are promintent players I notice. I'd have to take a look at their bracket.

vato_break

Smash Master
if mk actually gets banned ima shoot for(what I think I can get)

4th spot for falco
4th spot for olimar
4th spot for lucario
5th spot for G&W
5th spot for fox
4th spot for kirby
3rd spot for rob
5th spot for pit
5th spot for luigi
3rd spot for sheik
5th for ness(just cause i dont know who 4th or 5th are)
3rd for PT
3rd for lucas
3rd for mario
2nd for bowser
3rd for samus
5th for jiggly
5th for zelda
3rd for ganon

the rest seem a lil outta my reach atm
i got this
why don't you go for those anyway? you said it yourself, mk gets boring.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
besides TP ive been using random characters and been playing top 3 (some times 4th)

but I think so far I can only give credit to fox, falco, olimar, Ics, luigi, and rob

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
It's not a "hey look I did this last weekend" thing, it's a "do your tournament wins stack up to so-and-so on the list already?"

Also I might have to just say that tournament wins are more impactful when accompanied by a strong scene/region or just with overall great players in the bracket along with them.
like i could go digging through every tourney i ever entered but damm that would take a while. anyway. at the NCSU tourney I beat Boss( Luigi vs IC.) and At the Gold Mine 3 I beat Big Lou( Diddy vs Falco)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
what has Arty done with Falco?(Serious question)
Arty won the MK banned tournament in the midwest a month ago or so. The one where DLA placed higher than Kain, I think. He's consistently been getting money in the results I've been seeing lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom