• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Southern Ontario Power Rankings - 31/07/14 Update

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
just talked with Gi, if TFNS lets me use the venue ill host on the 16th, when the venue is confirmed im going to start setting stuff up and whatnot so let me know if you guys have any questions that i can answer now

one guarantee i have for this tourney is there WILL be crews, whether regional or draft, ill decide once attendance settles...GET HYPE!

Gichan

Smash Champion
something that will be confirmed is that joe's tournament is on the 16th, and the next one right around the corner (may 7th), soooo the update will consist of both tournaments. So Patches, you don't have to worry, you won't lose your spot.

Tin won't be attending, I won't be attending, does that mean we both lose our spots? If anything, the tournament may affect mildly

Patches

Smash Master
I can try my best. I certainly can. I probably will be able to make the May tournament, but yeah. I can only take so much money off my mom. XD

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
If the other 8 pr members attend indont see why this shouldnt be highly affected,if 4-5members are missing then yeah ofcourse,but world aint revolve around scrub warios and olimars

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm planning it out for july. Just need to find a venue, that's all. I've actually got an idea as to where I might have it, figuring out where to have TVs might be a pain. But the stream TV will be freaking epic.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I'm happy to have found this thread, I've been wanting to get in touch with the competitive scene in my region for quite a while now. I have never been to a tourney yet (aka I'm probably bad) but I'll go to any that aren't too far/cost too much. I read that there's one on May 7th, but where exactly? And info/links to threads on any other upcoming tourneys would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
If the other 8 pr members attend indont see why this shouldnt be highly affected,if 4-5members are missing then yeah ofcourse,but world aint revolve around scrub warios and olimars
I wonder what attendance for that tourney will be like. Its during uni exam period...

I'm happy to have found this thread, I've been wanting to get in touch with the competitive scene in my region for quite a while now. I have never been to a tourney yet (aka I'm probably bad) but I'll go to any that aren't too far/cost too much. I read that there's one on May 7th, but where exactly? And info/links to threads on any other upcoming tourneys would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The may 7th tournament is not confirmed yet. The venue is being checked on right now. The venue we are going for is in downtown Toronto near Lansdowne station. When the threads are created, they should have all the information you could want.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I'll be in MTL, Hype has exams, and Gi is returning a favor to Omega Collectibles. JMo will prolly go since theres like nothing better to do, and Its Joe's tourney so obviously he'd go.

I'm not sure who else would go tho on the PR.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Apparently Iliad is teaming with Joe, and I know Iliad doesn't bus to any tourneys, so he's prolly gettin a ride from raidos, which means culex might also go.Potential 5 members. I'm quite certain Ambrose won't go, Sauc3 is a variable tho.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I wonder what attendance for that tourney will be like. Its during uni exam period...

The may 7th tournament is not confirmed yet. The venue is being checked on right now. The venue we are going for is in downtown Toronto near Lansdowne station. When the threads are created, they should have all the information you could want.
Lansdowne station, awesome. That's less than an hour by subway for me. And thanks for the reply.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
^ What station are you nearby? U can PM me the answer if you don't feel like posting it here.
I'm within walking distance of Scarborough Town Centre.

And do you/anyone else know what the entry fee for the tourney will be? And are there separate fees for singles and doubles, or just one? I would assume the former, but I just want to make sure.

Patches

Smash Master
I'm within walking distance of Scarborough Town Centre.

And do you/anyone else know what the entry fee for the tourney will be? And are there separate fees for singles and doubles, or just one? I would assume the former, but I just want to make sure.
If you're near the Scarborough Town Centre, if I'm ever staying at my aunts for a tournament, I can definitely help you out.

And generally, $10 each. Singles and doubles are seperate.

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
they're more neutral than seige and stuff like delfino which was once a neutral

Patches

Smash Master
I'd much rather not have to deal with a possible walk off chain grab. Even though I play a character capable of such things. But still how is FD worse than siege and delfino?

fUddO

Smash Ace
ICs in the hands of almost anyone who knows the chaingrab become a gigantic threat. Probably the most overcentralizing character/stage combination in the game.
AphaZealot said:
lright, and now to bust out some stats:
At MLG in 2010, from a sampling of over 1,000 sets and over 2,300 games:
Pictochat
Banned: 30 times (~3% of all sets)
Used: 62 times (~2.7% of games)

Final Destination
Banned: 346 (~34% of all sets)
Used: 205 (~8.9% of games)
FD is obviously a very scary stage, and is many characters best stage. Sure, walkoffs are an issue on stages like Delfino and CS, they're temporary and usually provide tools to stall such as platforms.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
yeah, hes saying not neutral as in "there are matchups on fd that are ridiculously polarizing" (like diddy/ics vs almost everyone else), whereas castle siege and delfino generally dont give one character such a huge advantage over another

Top Bottom