• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
I’d be surprised if they threw away that basis.

It’s their highest selling entry, and one of the switches best sellers overall.
I probably should have specified: When I talked about throwing away the fundamentals of MK8D, I was specifically referring to the hypothetical decision to release MK9 in 2022 instead of making the BCP (The whole reason I made my original post was specifically to call out those who insist that Nintendo should have gone down that route). If you're moving on to a whole new game instead of maintaining support for your existing one, then the extra effort required to make a new game means that something will inevitably be sacrificed, and if the game doesn't improve enough in other factors to make up for that, then what you're left with is "Mario Kart 8 but with less content."

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finally met up and had Christmas with my family today. I spent Christmas and New Years alone for the first time ever as we were snowed in the first week, then were all massively sick the following week. The past couple weeks have just felt really off.

Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-Ray)
A Guide to Japanese Role-Playing Games (over 600 page coffee table book! 600+ games, Lots of focus on DQ/FF/SMT/Persona/Xenoblade/Mother/PS/Tales)
Kohls/Barnes & Noble Gift Cards/Cash
Lots of Novelty Socks
New Coat/Scarf
Mackinaw Island Fudge (Michigan!)

I've been meaning to pick up the Batman TAS complete set for a few years now, and with the tragic passing of Kevin Conroy and HBO Max pulling DCAU shows, it seemed like the perfect time to pull the trigger. I've also been buying a lot of manga recently, so Barnes & Noble definitely helps. The final volume of Urusei Yatsura comes out next month!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
As I’ve gotten older, my interests have narrowed. So for 2023 I’m pretty much only interested in Diablo 4 (game) and CBMs Antman 3, Flash….etc. Other than that, I just woke and hang at the house.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
My great-uncle passed away on New Year's Eve, two days before he passed, he had to go to the hospital and it was at that point he had no time left given he'd been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. Today, me, my dad, grandpa and rest of the family attended his funeral. He will be deeply missed. I'm really sad, we may have not interacted much but I knew him really well and both grandpa and he were close as the brothers they were.
Sorry Mike

As someone who just recently lost someone as well the best advice I could give is it’s ok to be devestated for awhile and not be present at times

I was a mess with my family on Christmas but it’s ok to feel that for the ones we lost

obviously if you’ve gone through loss before you know that, but just in case

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
My great-uncle passed away on New Year's Eve, two days before he passed, he had to go to the hospital and it was at that point he had no time left given he'd been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. Today, me, my dad, grandpa and rest of the family attended his funeral. He will be deeply missed. I'm really sad, we may have not interacted much but I knew him really well and both grandpa and he were close as the brothers they were.
Awfully sorry to hear that. Take all the time you need to recover

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
My condolences.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm sorry man

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The San Diego Regional Championships accidentally leaked a few things:
  • Move names Hydro Steam and Psyblade (likely for the DLC Paradox Pokémon)
  • Menu icons for Garbodor and Vanilluxe
Wasn't Hydro Steam in the game files as a Pokemon name which people theorized it could be for Paradox Suicune?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If those are moves and not the names of the leaked paradoxes( maybe they are both?)

Hydro steam sounds pretty fitting for Volcanion. It be weird if it got Scald as a signature now though and a whole new move. Maybe paradox volcanion? Which still doesn’t add up because that sounds like it would still be water fire.

It being signatures of the two new legendary paradoxes definitely works best here.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
We also saw menu icons for Amaura, Dracovish, Kabuto, and Volbeat.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I am hoping that Frye can pull a win for this splatfest. Glad that all teams are now rotating on who is attacking or defending for tricolor. The previous three was a dangerous time on the halftime leader.

Sweet can douse spicy and sour, but we are all having fun in the end (Also, all those Super Sea Snails).
Fi_1sIWWABYe3jB.jpeg

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
...that in terms of...

...human companionship, Flareon is objectively the most huggable Pokemon? While their maximum temperature is likely too much for most, they are capable of controlling it, so they can set themselves to the perfect temperature for you. Along with that, they have a lot of fluff, making them undeniably incredibly soft to touch. But that's not all, they have a very respectable special defense stat of 110, which means that they are likely very calm and resistant to emotional damage. Because of this, if you have a bad day, you can vent to it while hugging it, and it won't mind. It can make itself even more endearing with moves like Charm and Baby Doll Eyes, ensuring that you never have a prolonged bout of depression ever again.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just found out why people were memeing Vaporeon the other day

My day is ruined
Saying "Vaporeon is my favorite Eeveelution" has a whole different meaning now then it used to.

Now I've got to pretend Umbreon is my favorite like a freaking normie, I will never recover from this. Umbreon is still cool though

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Now I've got to pretend Umbreon is my favorite like a freaking normie, I will never recover from this. Umbreon is still cool though
unfortunately there's also an Umbreon version of you-know-what

don't ask me how I know this

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Pokemon fans coming up with the worst ideas of all time
Adult Pokémon fans have got to be the most insecure fans of any property I've seen
Saying "Vaporeon is my favorite Eeveelution" has a whole different meaning now then it used to.

Mine are Jolteon and Sylveon so I don't have that problem

Noipoi

Howdy!
****ed up that today is exactly 10 years since Gen 6 was revealed
I missed the announcement at the time. For whatever reason 11 year old me just wasn’t checking Serebii or anything that day.

The next day I was on YouTube watching an unrelated video, and all the comments were about how hyped they were for Pokémon X & Y. And I’m just like

2D0D0F12-EC6A-46B6-BB49-71586AA43C21.png

The **** is an X & Y?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
10 years since what’s sadly the lowest quality game in the franchise imo. Thankfully the anime took the great character designs, and setting and did it justice, even making the story work better.

It does have some fantastic Pokémon though like Hawlucha and Greininja, or goodra, etc. so they got that part right.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
just realizing it is challenging to eat food with strep throat…this is pure evil

Top Bottom