• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
Jokes aside, next direct'll be fine. Maybe we'll finally get some decent BOTW2 footage.

Can't wait to see what everyone whines about this time :4pacman:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What can even be shown there?
Honestly a lot could show up.

Advance Wars Remake

Nintendo Ruins Mario Baseball

prime 4 gets a cutscene teasing E3 Reveal

Prime 1-3 get ported or remade.

Engage DLC

Nick All Star Brawl 2 if real

Disney shoehorns the kart racer in.

New Mario movie game

New Dk

Random game gets revived.

Random smaller eshop game gets a new entry( wario ware, rhythm heaven,etc)

Zelda

Splatoon Pearl and Marina DLC.

Probably plenty more but that’s off the top of my head.
no Ace Attorney
No Muramasa the demon blade on switch

Direct ****ing sucks
Now Ace Attorney is what should be there but won’t, because Capcom.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It just occured to me that Super robot wars games happen ina 2 year release schedule, so we should get a new one announced sometime this year.
I wonder which series they'll add as newcomers.

no Ace Attorney
No Muramasa the demon blade on switch

Direct ****ing sucks
Is Ace Attorney ever in any directs?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like how my predictions were a lot more jokey/negative and yet we both agree that the new Mario spinoff is going to be straight ass
I don’t want it to be, sluggers is my favorite. But I expect them to ruin it with their “let’s cut half the content to slowly release it” strategy.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It just occured to me that Super robot wars games happen ina 2 year release schedule, so we should get a new one announced sometime this year.
I wonder which series they'll add as newcomers.

Is Ace Attorney ever in any directs?
Pretty sure Spirit of Justice was revealed in a direct as it was 3ds exclusive. I wanna say dual destinies and the collections have also been given spotlights, but I don’t remember for sure one way or another on those two.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
So Team Sweet is ahead at halftime, huh? Hopefully they can keep it up!

I don’t want it to be, sluggers is my favorite. But I expect them to ruin it with their “let’s cut half the content to slowly release it” strategy.
I just question how some people could possibly look at the whole "incomplete spinoffs" situation yet still reach the conclusion that Mario Kart 9 wouldn't have been a disappointment compared to the Booster Course Pass that we actually got.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Huh, i dont remember that being in a direct, i remember Ace Attorney games just getting announced out of the blue by Capcom then they get the reveal of their plots in Tokyo game show along with a funny skit show where the AA characters do funny **** in the courtroom and then that's it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
All the stadiums will also just be reskins in generic biomes rather than unique stadiums with different stats and obstacles.
Please look forward to us adding Pauline, Boo, Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr as free dlc.

"But who's gonna make up the teams then?"
Oops all Toads but you can pick their gear :)

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Mario Spinoffs realy in a dark spot I blame Nintendo banking on the Splatoon model.
So many companies think that running multiple live services is a good idea and won't end up terribly but alas here we are. Looks at Square Enix

In Nintendo's case especially it's like they keep forgetting singleplayer exists.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My great-uncle passed away on New Year's Eve, two days before he passed, he had to go to the hospital and it was at that point he had no time left given he'd been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. Today, me, my dad, grandpa and rest of the family attended his funeral. He will be deeply missed. I'm really sad, we may have not interacted much but I knew him really well and both grandpa and he were close as the brothers they were.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
My great-uncle passed away on New Year's Eve, two days before he passed, he had to go to the hospital and it was at that point he had no time left given he'd been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. Today, me, my dad, grandpa and rest of the family attended his funeral. He will be deeply missed. I'm really sad, we may have not interacted much but I knew him really well and both grandpa and he were close as the brothers they were.
I am sorry to hear that, Michael. May he rest in peace.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So many companies think that running multiple live services is a good idea and won't end up terribly but alas here we are. Looks at Square Enix

In Nintendo's case especially it's like they keep forgetting singleplayer exists.
Nintendo's issue is that they have zero idea where live service should and shouldn't apply.

Splatoon is a shooter, shooters are meant to be games where logetivity is king, as long as they have enough maps and guns and get a decent amount if updates for several years. Sports games don't work like that: they require a large and higly varied roster from the jump with a great degree with customization. The stuff we're getting is less content than the Wii games and the lack of customization makes it stale within an hour, and online play can't save staleness

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sucks to hear that, man.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Team Sweet is ahead at halftime, huh? Hopefully they can keep it up!

I just question how some people could possibly look at the whole "incomplete spinoffs" situation yet still reach the conclusion that Mario Kart 9 wouldn't have been a disappointment compared to the Booster Course Pass that we actually got.
Mario Kart 9 could end up that way, but with no booster course, fair chance we would still have a good amount of new or old courses which can usually balance out the roster.

This doesn’t work for the sports games because they lack unique stages and character options nowadays. Mario Kart at least has a good track-selection And fair character roster with this game and most of the time.

It be nice to always get more of both, but compared to the other games, Mario kart usually has a better balance that these other spin offs have lacked.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
TheMightyP TheMightyP enjoy your splatfest win, i know you gonna say "skill sissue" but whenever your team in involved, it just boils down to them cornering us in our spawn like a bunch of tryhard hyenas and it sucks the fun out of the whole match and i cant take it anymore. GGs

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Sorry man, take it easy

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m sorry for your loss, hope you and your family are able to get through these times well.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have obtained strep throat for the first time in my life…and I ****ing hate it
9E99E40A-B50E-4198-9070-4F417FD452E9.jpeg

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Mario Kart 9 could end up that way, but with no booster course, fair chance we would still have a good amount of new or old courses which can usually balance out the roster.

This doesn’t work for the sports games because they lack unique stages and character options nowadays. Mario Kart at least has a good track-selection And fair character roster with this game and most of the time.

It be nice to always get more of both, but compared to the other games, Mario kart usually has a better balance that these other spin offs have lacked.
The game having a good amount of new or old courses is nothing more than the bare minimum though, if they're going to throw away the perfectly fine fundamentals of MK8 Deluxe just to start fresh, then the game needs to be good enough to really justify such a move.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The game having a good amount of new or old courses is nothing more than the bare minimum though, if they're going to throw away the perfectly fine fundamentals of MK8 Deluxe just to start fresh, then the game needs to be good enough to really justify such a move.
I’d be surprised if they threw away that basis.

It’s their highest selling entry, and one of the switches best sellers overall.

My guess is they keep the battle mode, most of the characters, and probably anti gravity with maybe an additional way to shake up gameplay.

Character and cup selection are up for debate, but I’m fine with 4-8 new cups worth of new courses mostly. I think there’s a solid foundation built to move over older courses as well.

So I don’t expect a big downgrade for 9. My guess is they make it a launch title for whatever is after switch( new Updated console or new console.).

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Honestly I have no idea how the next Mario Kart will live up to 8D. Before the Booster Course Pass, yeah another one wouldn't be that hard, but by the time all is said and done there'll be 96 tracks - triple the amount in previous games. And because the booster course pass is all retros, most of the really beloved tracks from old games will be in 8D - making their hypothetical return a lot less impressive, and their exclusion more of a reason not to get it.

I've been critical of the idea in the past but I think Nintendo Kart might be the play

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly I have no idea how the next Mario Kart will live up to 8D. Before the Booster Course Pass, yeah another one wouldn't be that hard, but by the time all is said and done there'll be 96 tracks - triple the amount in previous games. And because the booster course pass is all retros, most of the really beloved tracks from old games will be in 8D - making their hypothetical return a lot less impressive, and their exclusion more of a reason not to get it.

I've been critical of the idea in the past but I think Nintendo Kart might be the play
Honestly it should go the ultimate route, start as a port and build from there. If the next console is easy enough to port stuff over, I could see a lot get bought back. I think some more guest characters or focusing more on the roster would also appease enough fans if they had to cut down on tracks. It would be a fair enough exchange.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly it should go the ultimate route, start as a port and build from there. If the next console is easy enough to port stuff over, I could see a lot get bought back. I think some more guest characters or focusing more on the roster would also appease enough fans if they had to cut down on tracks. It would be a fair enough exchange.
"You heard Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Now get ready for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe... 2!"

Reactions: Z25
Top Bottom