• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Three matches in, 2 have been utter blowouts I quit worst splatfest ever stop the count

THIS TEAM SUCKS DONKEY **** I HATE THIS GAME

Nvm we won this game rules

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just watched the first Mario Movie.

It…really wasn’t so bad. As an adaptation of the games it sucks, but as a movie on its own I think it’s fairly entertaining. Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo are pretty fun protagonists.

Seriously though, it cannot be overstated just how little this has to do with the games. It’s kinda hilarious.

If only we could get a proper Mario movie, perhaps an animated one…
I hope the new movie shows that Mario and Luigi are great at their jobs, but struggle to fit in with everyone else in the real world. With us getting a scene of them trying to dance or socialize at the club and this starts playing:

Gives The movie it’s obligatory dance scene and delivers a fun callback to the original.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo I watched the first episode of Buddy Daddies and it surpassed my expectations so far!

The "Spy x Family with gays" comparisons are not unfounded but it's very much its own thing and pretty enjoyable as an anime original. I'm definitely following this to the end.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I'm bored so here's my Pixar movie ranking (haven't seen Lightyear yet)

25. A Bug's Life (solely on the way every ant except Dot treats the main character being MONUMENTALLY unpleasant to watch, despite the great circus bugs and villains)
24. Brave
23. Monsters University
22. Cars 2
21. Incredibles 2
20. Toy Story
19. Finding Dory
18. Cars
17. Cars 3
16. Up
15. Coco
14. Monsters Inc
13. The Incredibles
12. The Good Dinosaur (OVERHATED)
11. WALL-E
10. Toy Story 4
9. Turning Red
8. Toy Story 3
7. Finding Nemo
6. Onward (UNDERRATED)
5. Toy Story 2
4. Ratatouille
3. Inside Out
2. Luca (My favorite movie)
1. Soul (Not a movie, it's MORE than that)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo I watched the first episode of Buddy Daddies and it surpassed my expectations so far!

The "Spy x Family with gays" comparisons are not unfounded but it's very much its own thing and pretty enjoyable as an anime original. I'm definitely following this to the end.
The fact the character called Miri "our kid" and not "the kid" had me doing flips tbh

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I guess Twitter broke again my home feed has not updated with any new posts for about 24 hours now.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My brother is finally getting around to playing the christmas gift i got him, watching him play the Great ace attorney while i sit in the same room as him really brings back memories of when we first played the first Ace Attorney on the Wii together blind over a decade ago.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
at the worst he’d get punished for the scams…while still keeping Prime and his WWE career
He should lose both those partnerships and be arrested.

This is literal fraud, and there’s no way in hell he didn’t know what was going on. I’m sure Japan would still love to have him in their cells and probably still have a ban on him. He should have been arrested for hate crimes when he went running through the markets stealing and breaking stuff while dressed as a stereotypical Asian.

Its insane he managed to come back from this. He’s long overdue to answer for everything he’s done.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Finished Terra's story in BBS. Man has rocks for brains but I genuinelly liked his story. Next up is Ventus, probably on a higher diffivulty because it was absurdly easy to cheese the game

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Man, the revenge of the sith section of Lego skywalker saga just feels like it goes by really quickly compared to episodes 1 and 2.

Finished Terra's story in BBS. Man has rocks for brains but I genuinelly liked his story. Next up is Ventus, probably on a higher diffivulty because it was absurdly easy to cheese the game
All three BBS protagonists are idiots, but idiots i like.

The games whole shtihck is that Ven and Terra do stupid things while Aqua tries to clean up the mess.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Remind me to never help my dad with cooking in the kitchen. He gets too emotional over things and has the radio on so loud I can't even hear myself talk and it's on a sports channel with the most annoying sounding British people in existence

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also, this BBS plauthrough is reminding me how much I love Lilo and Stitch. I was gonna wonder when the inevitable revival was gonna happen... and then I remembered.
Just remember the cool but sad anime adaptation instead.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
So, when do you guys think the first Nintendo Direct of the year will happen?

Yeah, I know. Some could say "It will get here when it gets here.". However, I can wait for however long it takes for a Direct to happen, and I am in no rush to see it. But I am curious on what all your thoughts for when a Direct will happen would be. That is all. So, anyone mind sharing their thoughts as to when the next Direct would be? I am curious to know.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Yeah, I know. Some could say "It will get here when it gets here.". However, I can wait for however long it takes for a Direct to happen, and I am in no rush to see it. But I am curious on what all your thoughts for when a Direct will happen would be. That is all. So, anyone mind sharing their thoughts as to when the next Direct would be? I am curious to know.
Next month would be my guess.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

February. It worked really well when paired with the tie in to Pokémon day the next week last year. Coinciding these news dumps gave them a lot of steam heading into the new year and summer time. With the Mario movie coming March, Nintendo would basically be on a roll with big things for 3 months straight and drive a lot of hype for the new year.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What can even be shown there?
The usual:
  • Opens up on an update of an anticipated title
  • Boring ass games from AAA Third Party that they spend way too much time on
  • Licensed Shovelware that they spend too much time showcasing
  • DLC Update
  • Mario spinoff that has 0 content on launch
  • RPG that actually looks kinda good but the fans can't stand it
  • Quick run through of a bunch of games
  • Zelda