• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
FazDude FazDude s AMA is now up!

If you'd like to be added to the list of future AMA subjects, lemme know via reply or PM

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
I genuinely didn't think Team Sweet would win the popular vote by that big a margin.

Good job to everyone on Team Sweet! Now we celebrate with cookies!

🍪🍪🍪🍪

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Just asking, which pokemon game was your first intro to the series? This was mine as a young kid back then.....
Y, almost a decade ago. I played every other game in the series shortly thereafter.
I hate Netflix so much

Wow, thanks Netflix! I was planning on watching the new season but now there's no point because it's not gonna continue, so really, thanks Netflix, and also **** you.
I'm a filth who started with Gen 6

(which is probably why I'm so attached to that gen in particular)
See I'm the same but I don't feel anywhere near as attached

I have some nostalgia for it (hell it's one of the biggest factors as to why Greninja is my favorite Pokémon, it was my first), but I also think X and Y have tons of problems and definitely feel underwhelming as the first 3D Pokémon games

This is part of the reason why I'm hoping for a Legends Kalos this gen. I love this region and want to see more of it, get to know it better

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Y, almost a decade ago. I played every other game in the series shortly thereafter.

Wow, thanks Netflix! I was planning on watching the new season but now there's no point because it's not gonna continue, so really, thanks Netflix, and also **** you.

See I'm the same but I don't feel anywhere near as attached

I have some nostalgia for it (hell it's one of the biggest factors as to why Greninja is my favorite Pokémon, it was my first), but I also think X and Y have tons of problems and definitely feel underwhelming as the first 3D Pokémon games

This is part of the reason why I'm hoping for a Legends Kalos this gen. I love this region and want to see more of it, get to know it better
You should still watch it. While it does have a pretty decent cliffhanger, it’s not one where the dates of everyone are left up in the air. In fact several characters this season have closures to their arc that are solid wrap ups. They leave room for more story but have a lot of development to characters.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
YouTube is going to be in massive trouble if they somehow demonetize one of Sakurais videos becauae of a japanese word that has the bad word for poo in it. Because thats a good few words.
Sorry that you lost that ring you were chasing
20230109_103015.jpg

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
I hate Netflix so much

Daily reminder they have given Big Mouth of all things 6 seasons as well and ended up announcing a ****ing Elvis animated show now right after doing this. Fantastic job Netflix

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Corrin fans everywhere are happy
I love to see it!!!

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, C'MON :happysheep:

On another note, regarding the Netflix animation convo...I'm not gonna lie, I forgot Big Mouth existed, but then I heard it's reaching season 7 soon??? The last I heard of it, it was on, like, season 3???

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
announcing a ****ing Elvis animated show
Well he is still relevant thanks to that Elvis movie, but when I went to see it the audience looked like the only cartoons they'd be interested in watching are Hanna-Barbera's old shows.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Ya Know What here a little Gift to you:
1673284429927.jpeg

Its a Dektop Picture for anyone intersted in my Hopefully this Year Releasing (German only for now) Videospiel-Man!
It shows the Man (Literally) Of The Hour aswell as the beautiful Vistas of the Bitfields I Designed it so you can put all your Icons On the left Side! I might add some more clouds and might do a version based on other Characters and Maybe Locations Later!

Also Speaking of Netflix Shows i wonder if after i release my Books they would be intersted in an adaptation? I Would love to Voice VSM in Both the English and German Dubs!

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Also Speaking of Netflix Shows i wonder if after i release my Books they would be intersted in an adaptation? I Would love to Voice VSM in Both the English and German Dubs!
Netflix probably isn't the best choice given how cancel happy they've been with series lately.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
decided to watch Wednesday just because

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
InuYasha vs. Dante in a nutshell.

Inuyasha VS Dante; Half-demon red-clothed protagonists

Sesshomaru VS Vergil; Elder demonic rival siblings to the protagonists with certain legendary swords

Kagome VS Trish; Reincarnation of someone important to the protagonists in their past lives who also bares a resemblance to them.

Kikyo and Eva; Incarnations of the female protagonists that were important to the protagonists in their past lives.

Sango VS Lady; Badass normal ladies who are experienced demon slayers with unusually large weapons that were at odds with the protagonists at first but eventually became their allies.

Inu no Taisho VS Sparda; Demon father lords of the protagonists and their rival older sibling

Naraku VS Mundus; Main demon villains responsible behind the events of both franchises.

I'm most fairly certain Devil May Cry must have ripped InuYasha off. Lol.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ideal and the Real is such a banger.

It also doesn't hurt that it's attached to the best character in the game.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I can't be the only one who really likes the month of January, right?

Everything calms down after Christmas and the weather's at a comfortable cold temperature rather than snot-meltingly hot. It's an overall nice time

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I can't be the only one who really likes the month of January, right?

Everything calms down after Christmas and the weather's at a comfortable cold temperature rather than snot-meltingly hot. It's an overall nice time
Oh, January is actually cool for the reasons you said. Plus, you can easily enjoy it since it is in the time of winter, snow and all.

osby

Smash Obsessed
InuYasha vs. Dante in a nutshell.

Inuyasha VS Dante; Half-demon red-clothed protagonists

Sesshomaru VS Vergil; Elder demonic rival siblings to the protagonists with certain legendary swords

Kagome VS Trish; Reincarnation of someone important to the protagonists in their past lives who also bares a resemblance to them.

Kikyo and Eva; Incarnations of the female protagonists that were important to the protagonists in their past lives.

Sango VS Lady; Badass normal ladies who are experienced demon slayers with unusually large weapons that were at odds with the protagonists at first but eventually became their allies.

Inu no Taisho VS Sparda; Demon father lords of the protagonists and their rival older sibling

Naraku VS Mundus; Main demon villains responsible behind the events of both franchises.

I'm most fairly certain Devil May Cry must have ripped InuYasha off. Lol.
Most of the explanations you listed are pretty generic character tropes but I wouldn't be surprised if Inuyasha was one of the inspirations behind Devil May Cry because there were just so many series during the early 2000s that were influenced by it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ideal and the Real is such a banger.

It also doesn't hurt that it's attached to the best character in the game.
personally I’m a bit bias towards Price, Whims of Fate, and Rivers in the Desert…and also have connections to a best character

but Ideal and the Real is a banger

Top Bottom