• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
View attachment 395014
If you need any more proof that Halloween is slowly dying out
Perhaps not a sign that Halloween is dying out more than it is a sign that Spirit wants in on that sweet, sweet Christmas money.

Stores start putting up Christmas in September anyways so really all Spirit's doing is chasing trends here.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Spirit has actually been selling Christmas stuff online for at least a decade. I remember looking for halloween stuff after halloween for deals and instead of any good deals there was always a bunch of Christmas stuff

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
View attachment 395014
If you need any more proof that Halloween is slowly dying out
This seems more like a business expansion than anything else. Spirit already makes tons of sales every year with animatronics, costumes and other decor, and they're also owned by a larger gift and novelty store company, so in hindsight, it actually kind of makes sense that they'd eventually expand their horizons to seasonal pop-up Christmas stores as well.

As for Halloween dying out...Yeah, I can't say I agree. People have seemed eager to resume Halloween activities as COVID becomes just slightly less common, many neighborhoods still tend to decorate heavily for Halloween, Halloween Candy mixes are still sold in large quantities at grocery stores, videos covering new animatronics from Spirit, Home Depot, Party City and other major animatronic sellers tend to gain lots of views, horror movies are still massively popular and several are still premiering near September and October every year...That's not even getting into theme parks with like Uinversal's Halloween Horror Nights or Disneyland's Oogie Boogie Bash, which started even earlier than usual this year.

Heck, last year we saw larger group of trick-or-treaters at our neighborhood than we have in years, even the last few pre-COVID.

Ma'am, that just means you're getting old. :nifty:

I'm kidding. I get it. I still LOVE Halloween, but it's harder to be engaged in it when you're too old to really 'do' anything. Like, as someone who lives in an apartment with zero trick or treaters or people who put up decorations, it SUCKS.
Ok grandpa, lets get you to bed

But yeah, i dont really do anything on halloween anymore. Like i said before, my friends siblings are older, there is no kids on my street, my friend live in a different state. It sucks but at least i get all the candy to myself. People on my street still decorate their yards and stuff but each year very little kids show up so it's not as fun anymore
I feel like this is less of an issue with getting older and more simply one's neighborhoods changing. As people grow up or move out, their interets can change and people who aren't as interested in most holidays sometimes move in. The end result is that the neighborhood is either less lively in general or just doesn't celebrate holidays as much as it once did.

I can speak from experience that sadly, the same thing has happened to the neighborhood I live and grew up in. A lot of people moved out, only a handful of people who've moved in still enjoy Halloween enough to decorate their yards and houses compared to when it used to be nearly the whole block, and even fewer of the neighbors who've lived here since I was young are still decorate at all.

Sure, Halloween is definitely one of those holdiays that changes as you grow up, since you kinda stop trick-or-treating when you're a teenager at the earliest or in college at the latest, and some of the mnagic from when you were a kid is gone, but as long as you still enjoy traditions like passing out candy, going to Halloween parties or events, or even just watching horror films throughout the month, then you can still enjoy and celebrate Hallowen as a holiday. The biggest issue is usually just when neighborhoods or towns as a whole lost interest, but the overall love and hype for Halloween is alive and well to this day. Despite, well, the undead like ghosts and zombies being pretty commonplace with it's theme and originating with it's roots. :4pacman:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_4795.jpeg
over $40 billion in debt and this film ain’t even gonna help their case

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
over $40 billion in debt and this film ain’t even gonna help their case
...I had already heard about the poor reception in addition to the godawful writing decisions, but please tell me that at least some of these are made up or inaccurate.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
...I had already heard about the poor reception in addition to the godawful writing decisions, but please tell me that at least some of these are made up or inaccurate.
sorry, but I can’t lie to you to make things even a touch better

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The one thing I noticed, aside from how fake it is, is that it lists a character named “Iconic”. Who in blazes is that?
It was definitely meant as a joke.

As for Iconic not sure, thought it was this fortnite skin lmao:
IMG_2253.jpeg

But the spelling is different, so who knows

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Oh yeah btw I'm making a game. The end of the semester is on the horizon so for my game design class I was asked to make a game, be it a board game or a video game. I chose the latter even though I suck at programming, this is gonna be good practice.

It's a 2d action platformer with elements from Sonic and Mega Man X, and I'm making it in Unreal Engine because I didn't have Unity class in a couple weeks and I got more comfortable with Unreal in the meantime thanks to practice. This is gonna be fun

I finally wrapped up season 2 of Clone Wars
View attachment 395018
This thing's story had me legit distraught, I had never felt so bad for anything involved Star Wars.

Except maybe episode 9's existence but that's for very different reasons
I didn't know you were watching peak

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh yeah btw I'm making a game. The end of the semester is on the horizon so for my game design class I was asked to make a game, be it a board game or a video game. I chose the latter even though I suck at programming, this is gonna be good practice.

It's a 2d action platformer with elements from Sonic and Mega Man X, and I'm making it in Unreal Engine because I didn't have Unity class in a couple weeks and I got more comfortable with Unreal in the meantime thanks to practice. This is gonna be fun

I didn't know you were watching peak
Fool, I am a connoisseur, I do not watch, play or read peak, anything I deem worthy becomes peak, it's why I have objectively good taste

Also been reading more Dandadan, damn this is actually good, the characters and setting are just incredibly fun

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Fool, I am a connoisseur, I do not watch, play or read peak, anything I deem worthy becomes peak, it's why I have objectively good taste
That's the correct approach. Clone Wars was not peak until I decided that it is
Also been reading more Dandadan, damn this is actually good, the characters and setting are just incredibly fun
Been wanting to get into it for a while but I'm probably gonna start with the anime at this point, it's hard for me to get myself to read anything other than One Piece because of a combination of being busy as hell and having a terrible attention span

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
If the world doesn't want us to eat flowers, why does the world gotta make them not just smell wonderful, but look really tasty too?!

Take plumeria for example, they look like buttered biscuits and smell amazing, but they should not under ANY circumstances be eaten.

Life ain't fair.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If the world doesn't want us to eat flowers, why does the world gotta make them not just smell wonderful, but look really tasty too?!

Take plumeria for example, they look like buttered biscuits and smell amazing, but they should not under ANY circumstances be eaten.

Life ain't fair.
Several flowers are edible though. I don't know many people that go for them but I have seen TV chefs occasionally use flowers for some extra garnish.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Life ain't fair.
Maybe not outright eating it, but roses are a pretty common flavour in desserts. It's one of my favourite types of ice cream.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Im about to stress preorder Mario Party, on god
The switch 2 will exclusively use cloud storage with hard copies backed up in miyamoto’s diary every night.
Miyamoto: "Dear Diary, Mario and Luigi Brothership"

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I would recommend The Wild Robot if you haven't seen it yet and especially Transformers One.
The latter DEFINITELY needs it.
Already seen The Wild Robot. One of my favorite films of this year.

Have no interest in Transformers One. Looks painfully generic trying to mimic and copy Guardians in terms of tone and humor. CGI looks cheap as well.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Little Big Planet 3 is getting delisted end of the month.
DLC for the entire franchise will also be delisted at that time.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
mom and dad got in childish argument
mom asks for her spare keys back (dumb idea on her part, shes disabled and refuses to make friends where she lives so she has no one to count on BUT me and my dad)
dad pulls me into it saying "i need you to come with me to your moms"
***** nope, its between you two children, not me. Talk to her yourself

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Maybe not outright eating it, but roses are a pretty common flavour in desserts. It's one of my favourite types of ice cream.
Side note but roses happen to be one of my favorite flowers. Would love to smell them more often but I deeply fear bees.

Helicoprion is an incredibly unserious creature
So naturally, I looked this up, and now I don't know whether to be amused or terrified

Top Bottom