• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What is Nintendo testing for NSO?

• The ability to play full retail games with a subscription ala Xbox Game Pass.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A new NSO console

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Exclusive Icons

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Where is the Switch 2 Nintendo?

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Tbf isn't TTG still on the air? Like, I don't care about the sanctity of the original show but I think TTG has outlasted the original by this point. Also, funny enough, I almost never hear about Ben 10 2016 anymore and when I do, it's praise about it's own strengths, kinda funny how that one turned out
Yeah Teen Titans Go is still on, but I feel like at some point it is like complaining about The Simpsons, Family Guy or SpongeBob. You just gotta let it go at some point

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah Teen Titans Go is still on, but I feel like at some point it is like complaining about The Simpsons, Family Guy or SpongeBob. You just gotta let it go at some point
But you see, the original show, a masterpiece, had an open ending so it was clearly cancelled and never got the ending it deserved, please ignore how it got 5 seasons

Shroob

Sup?
Sometimes for me it's weird to believe that the real Ridley canonically died in Super Metroid.

Possibly due to the huge amount of games that have come out since then that game did.
Metroid's timeline is funny since all the games are hella outta order, and yet, when put in order, it makes perfect sense... unlike... other Nintendo IPs with timelines.

I forgot what studio did the movie Android 13 was in but why did they make a choice to make him a red neck?
Is a man not entitled to diss YOUR THIRTY DOLLAR HAIRCUT?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
thinking about how badly ****ed the DCEU was as a whole…what could’ve been (both the positives and the negatives)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I stayed up for 2 hours past midnight to finish cleaning an ancient temple in Powerwash Simulator's final campaign level. What a game.

Now it's time for all the bonus jobs and crossover levels! instantly passes out

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
View attachment 395038

Universal Pictures announced that they are collaborating with SEGA for a "Shinobi" film.

I wonder which other SEGA projects could have a tv or film adaptation.
Comix Zone and Streets of Rage reportedly have movies in development, I'm more so wondering if those are still happening cause I do think the latter could be legit fun. Also wondering when we're getting the Oscar Isaac MGS movie. And the Hellsing live action adaptation from I believe the John Wick director. And the Death Note show from the Stranger Things writers...

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Comix Zone and Streets of Rage reportedly have movies in development, I'm more so wondering if those are still happening cause I do think the latter could be legit fun. Also wondering when we're getting the Oscar Isaac MGS movie. And the Hellsing live action adaptation from I believe the John Wick director. And the Death Note show from the Stranger Things writers...
Also to add, I believe SEGA's long forgotten fighting game Eternal Champions is also having a movie in the works too.

I also think that there is a tv series works for both Yakuza and Golden Axe as well.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I kinda feel sorry for Rodan.

He's one of my favorite Godzilla monsters, but of all the side monsters in Godzilla's franchise, Rodan is stuck playing not just second banana, but THIRD banana to Mothra and Ghidorah, despite being one of the first notable Godzillaverse Kaiju to appear after the 1954 original Godzilla film. And, he's never had an opportunity to stand on his own following his original movie, as opposed to Mothra who got an entire 90s trilogy, or Ghidorah who made appearances within that Mothra series away from the big G. Additionally, Rodan has never been Godzilla's main opponent in a movie, unlike Mothra and Ghidorah.

I say Rodan needs a starring role of his own. Perhaps even pit him against other, more obscure Godzilla baddies like Kumonga, Bagan, DOGORA and Destoroyah, among other Large Monsters that the series hasn't seen in a while.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
After seeing Alex Rochon say Skibidi Sigmas after seeing what the Polish dubbed one of his Caine lines as, I decided to check out The Amazing Digital Circus in Dutch as I only ever saw the first episode. There's more profanity than I'm comfortable with considering the lore lmao. Also this show is called De Waanzinnige Digitale Circus here, neat

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So finally saw Beetlejuice Beetlejuice yesterday.

Had intentions of seeing Joker 2 but after hearing all the bad reviews that film was getting, even getting a score lower than Madame ****ing Web of all movies. I decided on checking out this film instead. I was also in the Halloween spirit and this fit the bill.

At first didn't have intentions seeing this given most case of "belated" sequels that suck (Exceptions being Blade Runner 2049 and Top Gun: Maverick) but after seeing some positive reviews despite opinions being still divided, I decided to give this a chance.

And...

It was OK at best. At the same time I felt it was unneeded and makes me wish we had gotten Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian instead. To start off with the positives is Michael Keaton still nailing his performance as Beetlejuice, he still has it in him. I also appreciate Tim Burton didn't resort to cheap garbage CGI and stuck to practical effects like the first film and that the film expanded on the afterlife's worldbuilding getting to see more of it.

But that said, this film didn't have the charm and magic the first film had, feeling like something was missing. Lydia Deetz was fine, but I didn't really care less for the douche fiancee and Lydia's daughter. Also the filler that was the ex-wife of Beetlejuice and investigation subplot could have been removed and nothing would have changed, also the birth scene jokes which I found to be cringe and disgusting even by Beetlejuice standards. Remove those aspects and the film would have been vastly improved.

But yeah with that said, didn't love it, didn't hate it. It was OK but unneeded. We should've gotten Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian instead.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
All my thinking about Godzilla lately reminded me of an old idea I had for a fanfiction that crossed the Godzilla 'verse with 6teen.

No, really.

And essentially the idea was that Caitlin possessed the ability to speak to Kaiju, like a Dr. Dolittle for giant monsters. At the start, when Godzilla was awoken from his slumber by an oil-drilling operation gone wrong somewhere in Canada, he stomps around a bit before arriving in Caitlin's neighborhood by chance and realizing she can talk to him. As a result he became a close confidant to Caitlin and the mall's protector. Other Kaiju like Mothra, Rodan, Anguirus and the like were also side friends that Caitlin would be able to talk to.

In fact I had ideas for all sorts of Kaiju characters - Gigan was a cool hitman (or Hitkaiju) who was occasionally hired by Tricia to mess with Godzilla, only to pull a redemption when Tricia went insane and tried to kill Jen's family. Gabara would be given a sympathetic backstory and a conscience and would eventually become friends with Nikki. Megaguirus essentially became a kindly old lady who was misunderstood by humanity and someone Caitlin had to protect from the military. And Ghidorah would appear as Mecha-King Ghidorah who attacked humanity out of rage for not letting him rest, believing humans to be all horrid, but would discover through Caitlin's absolute kindness and understanding towards him that humans aren't as bad as he imagined and would eventually redeem himself and join the kaiju protecting the mall.

Ultimately the only Kaiju who ends up totally irredeemable would be Dogora, an obscure kaiju from an early post-1954 film. Tricia also would prove to be the worst human, essentially doing whatever she can to ruin Caitlin's life, and even building a mechanical Caitlin duplicate in the vein of Mechagodzilla.

Silly, fun, campy stuff I know, but if you've heard of the pitch "A Space Godzilla" (different from the Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla movie), you know Godzilla could be pretty dang wacky itself without the addition of funny teenagers.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I know it's because DreamMix TV World never left the country but this thumbnail is still funny

View attachment 395041

Japan's Smash clone (as opposed to Smash, which has no relation to Japan)
Ah yes, I remember playing DreamMix TV World Fighters a long time ago back on the Playstation 2 which featured characters from Konami, Takara and Hudson Soft.

I do often play as Optimus Prime aka Convoy in Japan, Tyson Granger, Bomberman, Yugo Ogami as well as Solid Snake which I believe he then went on to eventually become a guest character for Super Smash Bros. Brawl in addition to Castlevania's Simon Belmont who would then be a guest character for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I've been playing that recently.

It's pretty fun.
Ah yes, I remember playing DreamMix TV World Fighters a long time ago back on the Playstation 2 which featured characters from Konami, Takara and Hudson Soft.

I do often play as Optimus Prime aka Convoy in Japan, Tyson Granger, Bomberman, Yugo Ogami as well as Solid Snake which I believe he then went on to eventually become a guest character for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
I never played it but the character selection looks fun - Licca is probably the closest we'll get to having Barbie in a platform fighting game.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
All my thinking about Godzilla lately reminded me of an old idea I had for a fanfiction that crossed the Godzilla 'verse with 6teen.

No, really.

And essentially the idea was that Caitlin possessed the ability to speak to Kaiju, like a Dr. Dolittle for giant monsters. At the start, when Godzilla was awoken from his slumber by an oil-drilling operation gone wrong somewhere in Canada, he stomps around a bit before arriving in Caitlin's neighborhood by chance and realizing she can talk to him. As a result he became a close confidant to Caitlin and the mall's protector. Other Kaiju like Mothra, Rodan, Anguirus and the like were also side friends that Caitlin would be able to talk to.

In fact I had ideas for all sorts of Kaiju characters - Gigan was a cool hitman (or Hitkaiju) who was occasionally hired by Tricia to mess with Godzilla, only to pull a redemption when Tricia went insane and tried to kill Jen's family. Gabara would be given a sympathetic backstory and a conscience and would eventually become friends with Nikki. Megaguirus essentially became a kindly old lady who was misunderstood by humanity and someone Caitlin had to protect from the military. And Ghidorah would appear as Mecha-King Ghidorah who attacked humanity out of rage for not letting him rest, believing humans to be all horrid, but would discover through Caitlin's absolute kindness and understanding towards him that humans aren't as bad as he imagined and would eventually redeem himself and join the kaiju protecting the mall.

Ultimately the only Kaiju who ends up totally irredeemable would be Dogora, an obscure kaiju from an early post-1954 film. Tricia also would prove to be the worst human, essentially doing whatever she can to ruin Caitlin's life, and even building a mechanical Caitlin duplicate in the vein of Mechagodzilla.

Silly, fun, campy stuff I know, but if you've heard of the pitch "A Space Godzilla" (different from the Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla movie), you know Godzilla could be pretty dang wacky itself without the addition of funny teenagers.
Outside the MonsterVerse. Have you ever seen any Godzilla films? Showa, Heisei, Millennium? Seen Shin Godzilla and Minus One. Definitely recommend Minus One as well as GMK!

And if you're a kaiju fan like myself. I highly recommend the Heisei Gamera Trilogy even if you're not a fan of the character. Arguably the best kaiju films alongside the original Gojira and Minus One.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Outside the MonsterVerse. Have you ever seen any Godzilla films? Showa, Heisei, Millennium? Seen Shin Godzilla and Minus One. Definitely recommend Minus One as well as GMK!

And if you're a kaiju fan like myself. I highly recommend the Heisei Gamera Trilogy even if you're not a fan of the character. Arguably the best kaiju films alongside the original Gojira and Minus One.
In terms of physical media...I own about half of the Showa films (OG and everything from vs Hedorah to Terror of Mechagodzilla. I THINK I might've had the other half too, but it got lost) I also own a few of the Monsterverse movies (though that's not what we're discussing here) and Shin. I wanna try and grab the Heisei/Millenium movies and Minus One as well, but I hear the Heisei movies on physical media can be difficult to come by. Especially Biollante, which is a shame cuz Biollante has one of my favorite kaiju designs! (haha Pink Yoshi's flower fixation go brrrrrrrr)

I really like the Millenium-era movies, and Shin Godzilla is my favorite design of the character, love the gruesome touches! Been wanting to get more into Gamera as well, especially since I hear such good things about the Heisei trilogy.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I finally watched the Nintendo Switch alarm clock video and holy frick, those sound effects seem so annoying.

I think Nintendo somehow figured out a way to make me hate waking up even more then I already do. Impressive. I'll take 20

Edit: Wait these things cost 100 dollars what the heck

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I finally watched the Nintendo Switch alarm clock video and holy frick, those sound effects seem so annoying.

I think Nintendo somehow figured out a way to make me hate waking up even more then I already do. Impressive. I'll take 20

Also speaking from experience, having a song you like as an alarm sound is an easy way to hate that song. So not only are you annoyed by the sound effects but also you will slowly be driven mad by whatever song you selected.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In terms of physical media...I own about half of the Showa films (OG and everything from vs Hedorah to Terror of Mechagodzilla. I THINK I might've had the other half too, but it got lost) I also own a few of the Monsterverse movies (though that's not what we're discussing here) and Shin. I wanna try and grab the Heisei/Millenium movies and Minus One as well, but I hear the Heisei movies on physical media can be difficult to come by. Especially Biollante, which is a shame cuz Biollante has one of my favorite kaiju designs! (haha Pink Yoshi's flower fixation go brrrrrrrr)

I really like the Millenium-era movies, and Shin Godzilla is my favorite design of the character, love the gruesome touches! Been wanting to get more into Gamera as well, especially since I hear such good things about the Heisei trilogy.
That's basically me as well. I own half the Godzilla films but its hard to get the rest because of how freakin pricey individual films can be on Amazon. I do own all the Gamera and King Kong films though, but given there aren't as many as Godzilla, that was pretty easy.

But yes as I said. You definitely gotta check out the Heisei Trilogy and if you have NetFlix. I also recommend Gamera: Rebirth assuming its on there where you're from.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Also it needs you to be subscribed to NSO and it won't work properly if you sleep in bed with a pet or another person. Seems to be a terrible product on principle

Top Bottom