• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What is Nintendo testing for NSO?

• The ability to play full retail games with a subscription ala Xbox Game Pass.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A new NSO console

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Exclusive Icons

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Where is the Switch 2 Nintendo?

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Well, Miyamoto said the Virtual Boy is being emulated on Switch at the Nintendo Museum, so... Virtual Boy maybe?
That’s one possibility.

Another I saw was some for the preexisting apps. Specifically:
Mouse Support for SNES
Transfer Pack for N64/Game Boy
Rewind for N64
Matchmaking
Pokémon Gen 1-3 linking to Pokémon Home

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Since the process is a bit murky, here's a recap for all of our resident Expansion Pack Owners:
  • You have to apply at the application link contained on the Play Test information page: https://playtest-p.nintendo.com/en-us
  • Applications open tomorrow, Thursday October 10th at 8am PDT/11am EST and are first come first serve.
    • You will want to be on the recruitment page BEFORE THAT TIME so you can immediately begin the application.
  • There are only 10,000 spots maximum. It will be highly competitive, so don't expect to guaranteed get in.
Best of luck to everyone who tries for it.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The best theory I heard is that it could be an achievement system to get Platinum Points.
Acheivement system this late into the Switch's lifespan?

Next you're gonna tell me they're gonna add more themes beyond black and white.

well actually that's not beyond Nintendo to wait until the system is dead to add that

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I love ParaNorman (2012).

Every so often you hear talk about how media in the 80s had a thing for freaking out children with terrifying scenes, gruesome deaths and intense villains. You don't see that often anymore, but ParaNorman brings back that kind of nostalgic 80s terror even more than Laika's previous work Coraline.

Adding to that, it's INCREDIBLY funny, with a surprisingly adult sense of humor, lots of subtle dark jokes, and even the more low-brow jokes always get a laugh out of me. Yet at the same time, it's one of the most thoughtful, emotionally intelligent animated movies I've ever seen. It has incredibly good use of foreshadowing, tells a very gripping story with an absolutely gutwrenching plot twist, plays on the worst elements of modern society while still displaying the best of humanity, and the emotional resolution of the story is incredibly meaningful to me. The movie's moral helped mold one of my prevailing thoughts - kindness, more often than not, can do a lot to help people, both to move past tragedies and to better others as people.

All this and it also has one of the first openly gay characters in animated films, amazing animation, and Anna Kendrick. What's not to love?

Everyone says Wreck-It Ralph should've won the Best Animated Feature Oscar that year instead of Brave, but nope. ParaNorman all the way, homies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright, check this out

So this Poketoon (which is really adorable by the way, love the Ghibli-like artstyle) pretty obviously takes place in the Kalos region. And every Pokemon seen in the short is available in X/Y. EXCEPT...

...for Nymble, which can be seen towards the end of the short. Does this mean it'll be available in ZA? Will Lokix will get a mega? Am I extrapolating too much from a 10-minute web animation? Only time will tell.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
after watching today’s drastic as **** episode of Agatha All Along, I have even less of an idea behind why anybody would make that Joker sequel

like ****…
Agatha’s **** mother wanting her dead since before birth, her unable to not drain the power of other witches, and Wiccan appearing far earlier than expected…what the ****…why cook this hard 5 episodes in a row without letting us relax?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No, plz, anything but that

I've seen enough Hypno with all my years online as is.
If fans didn’t ruin it, hypno could be a pretty sweet mega idea.

It still is imo. Going full nightmare crazy dream demon fuel. Give it bad dreams too because why not.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That just sounds like Darkrai with extra steps.
Yes but that makes sense giving the abilities it’s had shown over the years. You could separate it with the typing. Fairy dark, psychic fairy, psychic dark, etc. It obviously wouldn’t be as strong as Darkrai still but could get its own little niche.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
When I was a kid I saw a trailer for ride of Darkrai and assumed Darkrai was the ultimate villain of the Pokémon world. The joker to Pikachu’s Batman. After all, he’s got dark in his name and had his own movie.

Keep in mind my only exposure to Pokemon at the time was commercials for its airing on Cartoon Network.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Alright, check this out

So this Poketoon (which is really adorable by the way, love the Ghibli-like artstyle) pretty obviously takes place in the Kalos region. And every Pokemon seen in the short is available in X/Y. EXCEPT...

...for Nymble, which can be seen towards the end of the short. Does this mean it'll be available in ZA? Will Lokix will get a mega? Am I extrapolating too much from a 10-minute web animation? Only time will tell.
Leaked Mega Lokix and it's shiny
c2o0jj1cgw6b1.jpg

For real though Lokix quickly became my favourite mon because of course it would be, so it getting any love at all is a win in my book and it being in ZA means it's guaranteed a spot on my team, possibly replacing my starter again

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You keep saying this but I would give my left leg just to do a full playthrough of the Wario game on that system.
Definitely the one game I'm itching to play as well. Gotta save up money though as I think I want to go for CIB. I've only ever played Wario Land 4, but had a blast with it. Retronauts* did a Wario Land ranking episode the other week, so it brought the VB to the forefront of my mind again.

*Jeremy Parish/Retronauts are pretty much the entire reason I gained an interest in the system at all. At a Retro Game Convention, I actually attended a live-panel they hosted talking about the system and Jeremy's YT series/upcoming book.

I did get lucky and get a "cheap" CIB copy of the JP Jack Bros that I'm waiting on in the mail though. There's a hidden cheat code to play the game in English so there's not much point in spending $900 for a loose English copy. Ironically it'll be the first SMT/Persona related game I've ever played.

Top Bottom