• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What is Nintendo testing for NSO?

• The ability to play full retail games with a subscription ala Xbox Game Pass.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A new NSO console

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Exclusive Icons

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Where is the Switch 2 Nintendo?

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
You know that unofficial "butt-rock" genre? Like your Nickelbacks, your Three Days Graces, your Creeds, your Disturbeds?

Anyway "Until the End" by Breaking Benjamin is the best song to come out of that genre I don't make the rules it's just truth

Dukefire

Smash Master
Guys, M&L Brothership overview trailer has dropped. Ready to journey into Concordia soon?
BTW, Starlow is confirmed to return. Look at the trailer and see. Also, Snoutlet seem to have Kirby's VA for this game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
View attachment 395065
Thoughts on the casting?
I'm fine with it; I don't think I've seen them in anything, but they look the part (you'd think that would be a given with casting, but we got Ezra Miller as the Flash, who looks nothing like Barry Allen), and I'm glad that we're actually getting progress on something Green Lantern-related. (it seems insane to me that, in the roughly ten years that the DCEU was around, the closest that we got to Green Lantern appearing in any of the movies was Yalan Gur or a brief Green Lantern cameo in the opening credits of Blue Beetle)

I know people have issues with Hal Jordan being older than Superman, and I can see how that might not bode well for the character's future in the DCU, but a lot of the complaining seems to come from a place of conservatism where people want the DCU (and the dynamic/roster of the Justice League) to be exactly like it is in the comics where the starting line-up consists of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Barry Allen as the Flash, and Hal Jordan as Green Lantern.

That was the case back in the Silver Age (though arguably that was due the Comics Code Authority having a tight grip on what could or couldn't be portrayed), but that could have been due to a lack of options - DC didn't have a ton of other superheroes being actively published at the time. (I think it was just those seven, Adam Strange, and Green Arrow)

At the very least, I'm excited for what this means for the future, which is a nice change when it comes to DC's non-Batman movies. (it's been a rough few years for DC in that regard - I enjoyed Blue Beetle, but they had a long stretch of movies that were just okay at best or much worse than their predecessors) I've only dipped my toes into Green Lantern so far, though, so I'm not as familiar with the characters as I would be with something like Superman or Batman.

(as for the Justice League line-up, I'm hoping it takes inspiration from a variety of sources - while it feels like Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman objectively need to be in there, there have been several comic runs like Justice League International that have mostly or entirely left them out, though I get that comics can afford to be experimental whereas movies might not be able to get away with that. I'd like them to take a page out of the DCAU's book by having John Stewart as the main Green Lantern on the Justice League and having more than one woman on the founding roster)

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Fortnite collab update:

Tomorrow, Fortnitemares begins. And with it, Sally and The Pumpkin King from Nightmare Before Christmas are coming to the game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm fine with it; I don't think I've seen them in anything, but they look the part (you'd think that would be a given with casting, but we got Ezra Miller as the Flash, who looks nothing like Barry Allen), and I'm glad that we're actually getting progress on something Green Lantern-related. (it seems insane to me that, in the roughly ten years that the DCEU was around, the closest that we got to Green Lantern appearing in any of the movies was Yalan Gur or a brief Green Lantern cameo in the opening credits of Blue Beetle)

I know people have issues with Hal Jordan being older than Superman, and I can see how that might not bode well for the character's future in the DCU, but a lot of the complaining seems to come from a place of conservatism where people want the DCU (and the dynamic/roster of the Justice League) to be exactly like it is in the comics where the starting line-up consists of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Barry Allen as the Flash, and Hal Jordan as Green Lantern.

That was the case back in the Silver Age (though arguably that was due the Comics Code Authority having a tight grip on what could or couldn't be portrayed), but that could have been due to a lack of options - DC didn't have a ton of other superheroes being actively published at the time. (I think it was just those seven, Adam Strange, and Green Arrow)

At the very least, I'm excited for what this means for the future, which is a nice change when it comes to DC's non-Batman movies. (it's been a rough few years for DC in that regard - I enjoyed Blue Beetle, but they had a long stretch of movies that were just okay at best or much worse than their predecessors) I've only dipped my toes into Green Lantern so far, though, so I'm not as familiar with the characters as I would be with something like Superman or Batman.
I’m ok with existing superheroes before Superman. I just, personally, would have made them all golden age heroes like Alan Scott’s GL, Jay Garrick’s Flash, Al Pratt’s Atom, Hourman, Wildcat, The Hawks, etc. instead of the random grab bag of silver age heroes they announced for that movie.

One thing I don’t get is that with movies based on books they generally follow the story of the book almost exactly. Just shortened/extended in certain areas and slightly modified. But with movies based on comics or video games they almost never do that. They do this weird reimagining that takes elements from certain stories but is largely an original interpretation of the world and characters. I don’t get why they can’t just adapt the stories from the comics.

Also James Gunn redoing the DC CU is nothing but a marketing gimmick and I don’t think he’ll actually do a good job at it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm considering starting a Smashboards Creates thread but I'm a bit nervous that nobody will be interested in it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Check this out, guys!
What the **** that ending sequence was so beautiful I nearly cried
static-assets-upload5654973627672835878.png

That's legit how that kind of pain and PTSD feels like and Casey Lee goddamn Williams on a song like that? Jesus christ, this game might end up pulling my heartstrings depending on how they handle Maria in the story

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I've said before that Shadow World is my favorite Persona opening but I think objectively Full Moon Full Life is the best out of the ones that appeared in the games I've played

osby

Smash Obsessed
I've said before that Shadow World is my favorite Persona opening but I think objectively Full Moon Full Life is the best out of the ones that appeared in the games I've played
Full Moon Full Life is amazing - even though I think the visuals don't give the same vibes as vanilla P3.

My top 3 Persona openings are still PSP ones, though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Me when starting P3R: "Huh that was pretty neat, what cool way to start this game"

Now:
FT-HGZVX0AMhHm6.jpg

AAAAALL THE JOURNEYS START SOMEWHERE WITH A FIRST STEEEEEEEEP
NO ONE'S SURE WHAT LIES AHEAD BE BOLD AND BRAAAAAAVE
ROADS MAY BEEEEE ROUGH AND TOOOUUGH
THOUGH IT WILL LEAD SOMEWHERRRREEEE

ONE DAY THESE QUIET VOICES WILL BE HEARRRRD
LOUD AND CLEAR THE STORY OF THE ONES WE MIIIIIISS
BUT SHED NO TEEEAAAARS
REALIIIIZE
WHAT THEY LEFT BEHIIIIIIIND

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If there happens to be a NDA in this NSO Playtest Program, I won't be taking risks since I had to give Nintendo my NNID to apply for it.

Though I am sure that there will be many that won't give a flying **** about it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
You know, that song in the Shadow Generations: Dark Beginnings video I showed above was called "Without You". I recall there being a lyrical version of "With You" from Sonic Frontiers. It may be a different song, but first, Sega made a song "With You" and now they are making a song "Without You". I am kidding around, of course.

But, do you all think Without You could be the theme of the Shadow Generations part of Sonic X Shadow Generations?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You know, that song in the Shadow Generations: Dark Beginnings video I showed above was called "Without You". I recall there being a lyrical version of "With You" from Sonic Frontiers. It may be a different song, but first, Sega made a song "With You" and now they are making a song "Without You". I am kidding around, of course.

But, do you all think Without You could be the theme of the Shadow Generations part of Sonic X Shadow Generations?
Casey Lee Williams implied the song is just for Dark Beginnings on twitter so likely not

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
If there happens to be a NDA in this NSO Playtest Program, I won't be taking risks since I had to give Nintendo my NNID to apply for it.

Though I am sure that there will be many that won't give a flying **** about it.
I got a feeling there is definitely gonna be someone who spills the beans regardless.
Also, why do I have a feeling some people got in only to try and sell the code on ebay?

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I heavily doubt there'll be an NDA on a publicly advertised test that Nintendo put out on all of their socials. Additionally, with 10,000 people in the mix someone's bound to talk and I'm sure Nintendo's aware of that.

If they wanted to be secretive they'd have used local QA testers near their various headquarters or done internal testing, and they'd have forced people to sign NDAs before even applying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom